Why join Cobra?

Besides the Baroness why do people join Cobra?

Why do people from Europe join ISIS.

GIJOE is full of killers who kill and make enemies

Isn't it canon that Cobra has really great benefits and really takes care of their workers?

I believe so, and its great for their perspective because of a high casualty rate. Nobody lives long enough to enjoy the benefits.

To make America great again.

You know, if you are already violent, a thief or lunatic, you can join cobra to use it for more benefital work.
Besides there were always enough people believing in ideologies and thinking that it will benefit them and they will not die as the others. Heck why do some join the army and go to war?

Do you need any other reason

Yes, they have unions, recreational facilities, their own magazine, Cobra cuties, a death pit to see your enemies fight to the death, equal opportunity pay, a pool and a gym, their own cafeteria, their own lawyers, and you qualify for unemployment benefits in the US if they go under (despite them being a terrorist organization).

Somehow this looks like Marvel stole their HydraCap plot from GI Joe?

Because faggot college liberals have no hopes or prospects and are looking for a hill for their generation can die on and since the previous was the civil rights generation, and second wave feminism. They are riding the waves of that progress and in turn trying to do the same for a wholly different people who actively promote everything they hate, but stand by it because the perceived power class opposses them.

And that's why people join Cobra.

>implying 2nd gen immigrants are europeans
Those go for DNR/LNR or kurds.

The incentive package is second to none. Google doesn't have employee insurance as good. Plus free daycare and private school for the kids.

This is a hundered times better executed. A GOOD hydracap wouldn't need to use magic or mind control everywhere to get everyone on board, and would have used Hydra to advance the American Dream, instead of being a despot.

>Cobra offers dental plans... *WE* don't get dental plans!

Tried to use google to get the source, keeps showing my Catwoman shit. The fuck google?

What the fuck is that pose

Stock options and good dental.

Cobra is a corporation.

Oh, also, Dr Venom's Brainwave Scanner brainwashing people.

Circles within circles.

Cobra was born out of a Hydra cell Hama was going to use in the Agents of SHIELD pitch he based a lot of early Joe on.

>Besides the Baroness why do people join Cobra
This implies that joining Cobra gets you a free quickie with her? How does she get anything else done?

Like I said I know right.

The difference is the way Hama put political shit in stuff it didn't feel like he was full of himself it felt like a guy writing from he's own experience.

he looks like he's beatboxing

Her tits weighing her down

t. asexual

God damn it dave

>How does she get anything else done?
Its still the baroness. Only higher ranks androyal men get a try with her, or they are big equiped in the trouser department. The others get lifemodel decoys or doubles. Since its the best sex they have and think they are the only one she had sex with, they are loyal to cobra to protect the baroness.

>The difference is the way Hama put political shit in stuff it didn't feel like he was full of himself it felt like a guy writing from he's own experience.

The problem is Hama thinks "that would be an interesting story or a neat twist"
the writers now at Marvel think, if they think at all, "how can i put my belief in it and show the reader its superior".
And thats why they feel hamfisted.

This is why CC is one of the best Sup Forums villains. He really is methodical to the point of almost being right. He manipulates the emotions of others in order to get them to do what he wants. He gives them everything they want for a price, as opposed to a straight up takeover. He's merciless when it comes to military forces, but almost seems like a savior to the common man.

Take one look at the Commander and tell me again, how continually escaping isn't the best way to stay fit?

I'm reading Hama's run for the first time, and they definitely portray Commander as being pretty tough. His only thing is that his aim isn't great, which Baroness is actively working to improve.

The battle cries of the October Guard were better.
"For my dear aunt Ludmilla!"

>those tubes
is this a makeshift gas chamber or something?

He is pretty tough, and I didn't mean to imply that he is only portrayed as a coward, as he (at least in the older comics) frequently lead his troops in attacks.
He HAS made quite a few escapes through the years though.

Tiny, microscopic bit of context.

Please don't let "Frasier" be one of them...

That's how they get you.
Its a ticket cue line that will extend indefinitely, which gives the the illusion that you'll someday sleep with her, but the odds are a Joe will pump you full of bullets beforehand

"He wants money and power, and if you want the same thing, pick up an assault rife and get in line behind him." - CC's file card

Given in early issues he's almost always working on his aim (by shooting at cutouts of the Joes) you'd think he'd be a great shot.

Then again, he only grazed Gen Flagg at point blank range...

The vet guy asks the same question.

They're power cables for the portable brainwashing machines hidden inside.

As CC explains it "Good brainwashing, that'll stand up to detection, takes months or years. But we just need obedient zombies."

Cobra would be that organization to have a rap campaign to get kids into Cobra

Real answer is because they feel ostracized from the culture and trapped in a closed gettho surrounded by outsiders who hate them. Add a mix of a propaganda and you get people from relatively well off lives fleeing to the mid east for a promised lie.

At least that tends to be the problem of second and third generation europeans Europe is having. As for cobra, its because the commander is highly charismatic and makes a damn good pitch. They also probably get pretty respectable pay based on all the investments and tech they fling around.

Secret Empire 1974 was closer

That is damn good art. Should i read the old gi joe even if i never saw the animated serie?

Man, CC is a smooth motherfucker.

Nobody will listen to what you say.

What exactly is Cobra's ideology? This is never made clear, they just seem to be some sort of generic totalitarians. I remember reading an interview with someone from the original cartoon saying they planned to make an episode where there was a guy who came up with the ideas their ideology was based on, like Cobra's version of Karl Marx or something. I think the idea was going to be something like Cobra has perverted his original ideas and so they kidnapped him to shut him up.

They seem to be some kind of populists, I guess more right wing than left wing. Sort of like fascists but they don't seem to be racist (although Cobra seems to be mostly white guys compared to GI Joe which is like a rainbow coalition). They appeal to groups like the American militia movement by wrapping themselves in the American flag, but Cobra Commander is really just using them as useful idiots/cannon fodder. Cobra has managed to appeal to large numbers of Americans, even an entire town (Springfield). And in the Cobra comic series it mentioned Tomax and Xamot used to work for Muammar Gaddafi.

I would like it if they had some specific utopian system planned rather than just trying to take over the world.

seems like they're roughly centre authoritarian

Post-Vietnam America was very helpful in Cobra's recruitment in the comics.

Soldiers coming home getting spit on can't find work then here's this guy who sympathize with you that says all the things you've been thinking about the direction the country has going down and how together you fix things get some work using your skills as a soldier supporting your family how could they not fall for it?

Jesus Christ Spirit... you can worry about your lunch date later.

They are hardly the first group that this has happened
But they are certainly the first to blow themselves and their hosts up in protest.