Google already unlocked Wikileaks insurance file

So just a random theory but.. It is know that a quantum computer can break any encryption as easy as 1 2 3.

Google has a quantum computer telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/12042781/Google-D-Wave-quantum-computer-is-100-million-times-faster-than-your-PC.html

So, Does google have all the files? How about NASA who also has a quantum computer (Working with google)?

Sup Forums enlighten me with your wisdom

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Eeuqh9QfNI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It shouldn't be hard to crack.

Didn't he release all the files AND the keys before he was assassinated?

how do you "know" a quantum computer can "break any encyption" that easily?

>D-wave
about as real as the EM drive

Jokes on Jewgle, Wikileaks used Quantum Encryption.

Math dude..

A quantum computer with enough memory. Google has a very limited processor both in memory and machine algorithms that the chip enables.

No way they can crack the wikileaks key. yet.

>>Sup Forums enlighten me with your wisdom
password was probably 2016, like that other encrypted file from podesta mails...

Quantum computers right now, unless I've missed something, struggle to do anything more than basic multiplication. Cracking ciphers isn't someting they can do yet.

do you are just trolling.

ues quantum computers are much better at brute force attacks. but even a 526 bit key, which is fairly standard now, would take years if not decades.

denying it and cointelpro(deception) are far better options.

How how long do you think? And is it COMPLETELY out of the realm of possibility they have refined it out of the public eye?

>labeling the angle between r and z as theta
why would you do this?

Burger common core at work folks.

Wikileak files are encrypted using AES 256. I believe the world's strongest supercomputer would still take decades to brute force the encryption.

Very unlikely. It would be a massive breakthrough that's not something you can keep a secret, before or after you accomplish it.

No he released checksums for the files, so people can verify its authenticity after they are released

>google has a quantum computer

/sci/ is right, the dumbest people browse this board.

considering you actually think google have in their possession a quantum computer capable of breaking every encryption method on earth, you're not far behind

Yeah people aren't the most educated on this lol

Standard convention in QM. The z axis is also the "main" axis there too.
Just wait until you meet a fourier transform in QM, there will be factors of pi slipping out of your pockets everywhere.

Quantum computers are nowhere near functional yet. They can currently only outperform classical computers at very specific tasks, like eg. searching an array, in very controlled environments.

Not OP but quantum computing means that popular encryption techniques can be attacked in polynomial time. Meaning methods such as RSA would become worthless.

Scifi script writing 101
Want something magic to happen? Use the word quantum!

I found this post from Plebbit to be pretty accurate.

>tl;dr: Decrypting an aes256 key with current technology will take longer than the lifetime of the universe.

Computer Systems Engineer here.

RSA can be broken with a quantum computer, since the "Large Prime Factorization" problem has a solution that can be implemented for a quatum computer.

Two problems:
>The algorithm is theoretical, you need a quatum computer with too many qbits, only small qomputers exist
>The WL insurance is encrypted with AES, AES is practically impossible to break.

Quantum computers are useless against symmetric cryptographic algorithms. Wikileaks uses symmetric crypto.

You've got it. The best achievement a physical quantum computer has right now is factoring 15.

regular computers have to go through all possibillities.
quantum computer sort of works backwards by slowly zoning in on the answer untill the probability of the right code reaches 100%
QC are potentially billions times faster at this specific task but for other things, they are shitter than PCs

This.
AES (Rijndael) is rock solid.
No password, no data.

RSA is a public key (asymmetric) algorithm, easier to break, but very practical to sign files, encrypt with public key etc

This isn't an accurate representation of the situation at all.

A

Because the circle around the dash in theta comes around from the top... You probably think we use z just because and not because it stands for zenith. Let me blow your mind and try to convince you r stands for radius.

Sum over history to use all possible outcomes at once, then just shift us into the universe that the sum was correct yah? I graduated 8th grade only.

Quantum computers aren't magic devices that can break any encryption within milliseconds. The reason why they are touted as possessing the potential to become as such is because they are far more efficient in integer factorization than regular silicon transistor computers, which has important encryption consequences due to all encryption methods relying on factorization of products of big primes being impractical on regular computers.
However, modern quantum computers are taking baby steps at the moment. They are at the stage where massive roomfuls of equipment could do nothing further than number crunching was for regular computers, and commercial attempts such as D-wave have shown not to be more efficient than modern multicore multithreaded CPUs in tasks where quantum computers are supposed to excel.

D-Wave's systems are not true meme "quantum computers
They are quantum annealing machines
Quantum speed up, if a system even displays the elusive property, does not allow the machine to crack any encryption instantly
All it means is that the problem can be solved in quadratic time
It would still take years for a quantum computer to crack a long RSA key

Reddit meme science is the worst plague on mankind since Islam

>lab believe they may finally have proof that their opinion-dividing quantum computer actually works.
This alone should be enough to tell you that they don't have a working computer. Working computer would just work, no proofs needed. Working computer would be able to factor primes.
I'm pretty sure we don't have a practical way to crack AES even with quantum computers. We would be able to crack RSA, not AES.

This is a pretty inaccurate description of the situation too.

Basic 2-state QM should be taught in highschools. Shit isn't complicated it's nothing more than 2-d linear algebra.

>Basic 2-state QM should be taught in highschools. Shit isn't complicated it's nothing more than 2-d linear algebra.
Enlighten us?

>Wikileaks insurance file
what is this file? I've missed the news, did wikileaks find an encrypted file or something?

2-state QM is pretty much everything you need to know in order to understand a quantum computer.
You've got |0> and |1>, measurements and time evolution are given by 2x2 matrices of one sort or another in this representation. It's all very simple.

They released a huge encrypted file, around 30GB if I recall correctly, more than 4 years ago.

If it really is simple, you're doing a very lousy job explaining it.

4 or 5 insurance files at this point. The idea is supposed to be that in the event of various disasters befalling wikileaks and/or assange, the keys to the files get released and all hell breaks loose.

>do you are just trolling
Flag checks out

It's called the radial coordinate system you twats

did anyone try to find encryption headers in the file? if it was encrypted with some proprietary software, there's a chance it can be decrypted using an exploit or backdoor of the original encryption software.

>out of the public eye
I've wondered about this before. I think its reasonable to assume that some black-budget entity has gear that is WAY ahead of anything available commercially, stuff that would be considered revolutionary to the average computer engineer. If the FBI asked them to use it to crack some pedo's encryption so they can bust him for CP then they would just say "I don't know what you're talking about", but if an agency needed something cracked for real national security stuff with actual threat behind it then they probably just hand it over and get it back unencrypted, and know better than to ask to many question about how it works, who built it, or what else it is used for.

see quantum annealing =/= quantum computing

It's not easy to write down in text format because of the symbols used.

Susskind has some decent entry-level lectures on the subject
youtube.com/watch?v=0Eeuqh9QfNI

If you want a textbook, the first chapter of Sakrai is pretty good.

The starting point is simple though. The states of a system are given by a complex vector space (technically a hilbert space, some topological conditions are assumed), so if there's two independent states eg. up and down, you have a two dimensional complex vector space.

Since measurements cause a "wavefunction collapse", they are represented by hermitian matrices so that, if the basis states are indexed by i, the expectation values for the outcomes of the measurement are where s is the input state and H is the hermitian matrix.
So after the measurement you'll end up with the state |i> with probability ||^2.

When you put two systems together you end up with the tensor product of states, so you have eg. |s1>o|s2>, measurements are given by H1oH2, and these act on the tensor states as (H1oH2) |s1>o|s2> = (H1|s1>)o(H2|s2>).

Again, it's simple when it's written down in a decent format, text posts are not the proper format for this.

>It's called the radial coordinate system you twats
>he thinks there is an inherent radial coordinate system that isn't dependent on a chosen convention
wew

I'll watch it, thank you.

D wave is not a real quantum comp. Its marketing semantics. Look into the tech specs etc.

No problem. I'd really reccomend you find yourself a copy of Sakurai's modern quantum mechanics though.

but it is so much simpler to explain.

you all had 10th grade algebra right? you know what a matrix is?

ok so there is a 2x2 matrix. the only inputs can be 0 or 1.

see. done. you didnt explain the why either.

>It's called the radial coordinate system you twats
Yeah we know. Back to gorilla posting on . Thanks.

Matrices don't have inputs. How are inputs connected to the 2x2 matrix? What is the matrix and four values in it supposed to represent?

Post your face when leaky's insurance file has 60 gigs of hd pepe maymays

the encryption is either 128 or 256

there is no quantum computer that is fully-entangled and wide enough to handle such encryptions

so it is not possible to run shors algorithm on the wikileaks files, sorry

Is it faster than sanic?

polynomial time can still equal decades

>Shor's algorithm, named after mathematician Peter Shor, is a quantum algorithm (an algorithm that runs on a quantum computer) for integer factorization formulated in 1994. Informally it solves the following problem: given an integer N, find its prime factors.
Surely you're not suggesting to break symmetric encryption using factoring primes?

do physicists intentionally try to piss off math people
good lord
physics notation is really fucking spaghetti

>take linear/abstract algebra concept
>add a bunch of symbols so that undergraduates won't mistake it for something simple

surely there is a better way to write stuff down?

The lecture he linked seems pretty simple and interesting so far.

>muh quacktum compositing maymay

this is incorrect btw

oh fuck my grammar was incorrect I hope you don't downvote me.

I hope hillary wins just so we can end this shit once and for all.

No, I'm not correcting your grammar I actually can't understand what you're trying to say there.

There's nothing simple about that. Basic linear algebra over just real fields is miles ahead of what the average person knows. Not even talking about "infinitely-dimensional complex vector spaces".

QM is a generalization of probability calculus which allows probabilities to be negative and complex. All other effects of QM, such as entanglement, superposition, whatever, stem from that single generalization.

It's not a real quantum computer.

It can't do anything of real use, yet.

but what about le random found key. at any moment

it isn't when it gets down to computation. quantum physics is quite different, and perhaps future quantum computers will be. but the proven working quantum computer just turns the 0-1 into a 0-7. but in another dimension, so it is crazy smart.

Actually a quantum computer can't break symmetric most cryptography fast enough for it to be feasible.

It's probably out of the realm of possibility. Google and the NSA both have the same quantum computer that Goldman Sachs has, which isn't a real quantum computer, and is very similar to the ones China is testing and using at the moment for encrypted sat transmissions.

A university in Australia is working on a real one, but it's still a long way off.

The DoD outsources this work to private companies, you can actually go look up what crazy shit they are working on (or at least funding).

Some user dropped a backdoor here to one of their sites, but it felt spooky poking around in DoD stuff. Some of the screencaps were pretty crazy.

That's wrong though.

The inputs of a matrix are the linearly independent basis vectors of whatever vector you're talking about.

>do physicists intentionally try to piss off math people
Yes, although the physicists bra-ket notation has been adopted by maths now, it's useful for keeping track of where the co-'s go.

>There's nothing simple about that. Basic linear algebra over just real fields is miles ahead of what the average person knows.
Just because they weren't taught it in high school doesn't mean it's not simple - it is.

>Not even talking about "infinitely-dimensional complex vector spaces".
I spoke specifically of 2-d vector spaces, although in most situations the extension to the infinite dimensional case is trivial.

>QM is a generalization of probability calculus which allows probabilities to be negative and complex.
There are no negative probabilities in quantum mechanics. Entanglement is a result of tensor products, both entanglement and superposition are results of linear algebra, not any kind of probability theory.

No, that's still wrong.

OP your thread's subject is a lie
the rest of your post is just asserting a bunch of stuffs that you're backing by asking Sup Forums if your suppositions are right
you're just fishing for informations in the most clumsy way ever

yeah susskind does a good job at de-fuckifying physics for math people, but sometimes he straight up admits that physicists fucked shit up and we have to deal with it

i'm trying to say that quantum mechanics and quantum computing is accessible to anyone who has basic knowledge of physics and linear algebra (there's not even much physics in quantum computing) and the reason it seems so "mystical" is because physicists did a bad job with the notation, and tiptoe around important mathematical ideas

this is also incorrect

>polynomial time can still equal decades
Dude, dwaves new generation is a whopping 10^8 times faster than the previous generation, normal encryption methods won't stand up to that sort of generational computation power increase

I know dwave isn't a real all purpose quantum computer, but google and ibms are and they are making huge progress

>Matrices don't have inputs
>The inputs of a matrix are

>There are no negative probabilities in quantum mechanics.

Sure there are. They're just called amplitudes instead of probabilities.

The thing he is wrong about is the values a matrix can operate on. It doesn't even make sense for a matrix of dimension > 1 to operate on "0 or 1".

amplitudes aren't probabilities

Aren't quantum computers essentially RNG generators and you hope they hit the correct sequence?
Seems a bit like giving a monkey keyboard to hit on and waiting until it accidentally copies shakespear.

I think u gusy havent actually thought enough about what the input and output is, no matter what the machine is doing.

you are the reason I dropped out of my physics scholarship.

Where did you get this impression of quantum computers from?

A quantum computer does indeed need a controlled situation, but what's to say they can't take the file and place it directly into that control. It's not tied to the Internet or any other computer. The file is placed in the comouter, the single task of testing the encryption would be the single easiest thing for a quantum comouter to do, simply because that's what they are essentially designed to do. It can roll the dice instantly every single positivity without having a false input be registered because that isn't the task. Gg ez.

why don't you fucking input a bullet in your head you fucking idiot

It could be that you dropped out because you are not very good at conveying your thoughts to other people.

current quantum computers are highly specialized, they're not generic. so no, with almost certainty, they haven't cracked anything as of yet

If I get one of these Google quantum things how many fps could I get in csgo?

I think you should look up what a q-bit is - it's not a series of 0's and 1's.
I also don't believe anyone would give you a scholarship.

No.

Maybe 1. Quantum computers are only good at very specific tasks at the moment.

Think you need to use imagiinary #s and then they are. Like double slit w/ photons. Can't really see which it goes thru since it goes thru both. Have to forget about the common sense view and use quantum to understand the outcome. Just trying to figure it out myself.

holy shit why did i laugh so hard

The d-wave is incapable of running shor's algorithm. public key encryption remains safe for a little while.

And, of course, wikileaks insurance file was not encrypted using an asymmetric cipher anyway.

>So just a random theory but.. It is know that a quantum computer can break any encryption as easy as 1 2 3.

Nope. Only what is encrypted with big prime numbers. Also; look up quantum crypting.

why you plebbit plebs write with such spacing among lines?

why the fuck do you post a picture of spherical coordinate transformation with the topic of quantum computing they calculate way more complex problems than that shit.

why plebs from plebbit like you write with such spacing between lines? serious question

its a bloch sphere used to describe qubit states

If Google has it, you know who already has something better.