Ultimates-A Missed Opportunity?

Does anybody else feel like this book was a massive let-down? No exploration, no new concepts, just Ewing jizzing all over the place by using Z-List characters and trying to ape Morrison. Add a sub-par team, and I feel this comic really missed the mark. It wasn't the new F4, it was Multiversity: Discount Edition.

So, Sup Forums, how would you have fixed it? What would your team be?

The team is great. Fuck off

>Captain Dyke
>Mi Gente
>Muh Black Superman Rip-Off
>"""Great"""

>No exploration, no new concepts
Wrong.

Eh, the team was created before "mi gente" and carol becoming full dyke shit

>No exploration, no new concepts
>z-listers
Sounds like you're a characterfag with poor reading comprehension

>Does anybody else feel like this book was a massive let-down?
No. You're wrong and probably cannot read.

I don't like the team. Outside of Monica, no one has any real sense of natural bonding with each other. America and T'Challa feel shoehorned in the team, and what else could be said about Carol that hasn't been said?

Could've just swapped a mutant in there or something. Maybe even another Nextwave member.

Only problem I had with this title was that it was forced into participating in an event, which destroyed its pacing.

Otherwise, the entire team and series is excellent.

felt like the whole time it was leading up to an event, but instead we get horseshit like civil war 2

it seems to me that this was supposed to be the big thing instead of secret empire but those on high decided to build SE into an event instead

I mean I'm not advocating big seasonal events but when that's clearly your story telling strategy you shouldn't clearly set one up just to have it fizzle out into nothing

Pretty sure you didn't actually read it Op

Carol and Adam are both good characters and were great in this series.

Well, ewing sucks. What did you expect?

It's funny how a small, but vocal minority will always defend ewing. Pathetic

if he was trying to ape Morrison, he would have just put meaningless words together, go back to some shit 60s version of the characters, insert some edgy scene and let his usual cocksuckers pretend to find some deep in his garbage

well, you basically described all of ewing's work

>Ewing
>edgy
>anyone
>trying to find something deep in his stories
What?

It was cut off too short. He could of easily continued for another 12. The last 2 issues were rushed.

America was pretty integral to the team. She's the multiversal jumping hero and they needed one on the team. T'Challa was a bit redundant though, I will agree there. Swap him with these two and it would have been a perfect team

Honestly, anyone with the quantum bands would have worked best

Ewing actually writes Miss America well though. She's nothing like the "Mi Gente" characterization in America. In fact, if you haven't read the character before you need to understand that even Gillen's literal SJW team Miss America wasn't like that.

It would have been a much better book to base an event around than Secret Empire.

I think event bullshit constantly crossing over fucked it up, woulda been better to just have their own stories.

I felt that particularly in the v1 Ultimates. Civil War 2 really did a fucking number on that book, basically removing what could have been a whole other 5 issue arc.

The scale of the Eternity War was probably too huge for a line wide event.

What could street level heroes like Ms. Marvel even contribute? How would you get the X-men or Heroes for Hire to do in the obligatory tie ins?

>X-Men don't do cosmic
U what m8? And the Iron Fist is a clear in for the Heroes for Hire.

Fucking thank you, god I'm so tired of people jacking off Ewing.

he is developping his characters, instead of making them regress and say "but... but, that's the way they were written by their creators 50 years ago"

>just Ewing jizzing all over the place
So ... just like every other failed book he's shit out?

shit taste