Tfw theres still no Witch/Wizard school themed Cartoons

>tfw theres still no Witch/Wizard school themed Cartoons

You can pretend Magical Girl Squad Arusu is Sup Forums. It is not like anyone from Sup Forums gave shit about that.

Some Fundie group would probably get their titties in a twist about devil-worship and witchcraft and shit.

Still waiting for the animated series of generic weekly shenanigans from Hogwarts
Bonus points if Harry Potter is nowhere to be seen, the speccy Mary-Sue

This. Also Hogwarts the game. Warner Brothers just doesn't like money all that much I guess.

Granted I heard this years ago (like mid-00s years ago) but JKR apparently shot down the idea of comics/cartoons of HP because she wanted it to be accessible to "everyone, including adults and children". Back then I guess her stance would've made more sense but now that's it been well proven adults will watch cartoons and read comics she's dumb for not capitalizing on it, especially since she's always looking for ways to keep HP in the spotlight.

Children don't read comics.

Nah, Harry Potter already broke that seal.

you're right, manchildren do

I liked it. And the shoe is close to a decade old now, of course most of Sup Forums isn't going to remember it

this isn't the 80's/ 90's anymore

lordmoldybutt

Japan has better copy right laws

Sure, okay, that's a decent enough argument while the books were still being published and the movies still being made. But it's been over ten years (fuck I feel old) since the last proper book. They have one of the strongest IPs in the world and are doing practically nothing with it.

And the fundie parent watchdog groups are still in a tizzy over it. It's just news groups don't really care about them anymore.

I'm pretty positive the idea of a magical school predates HP, though the only example I can think of is Worst Witch.

They're making more movies and I'd bet that after the next Enchanted Beasts which'll have a younger Dumbledore they're gonna talk about a spinoff about him.

Two spin off movies/books and one follow up play are hardly good uses of an IP that is still utterly massive worldwide.

A Wizard of Earthsea. Actually an animated Earthsea series would rock. Ghibli doesn't count.

>Everyone ships Ursula with Croix even though Croix ix a piece of shit and everyone ships Akko with Diana even though Diana is boring as fuck.

I think JKR is milking this as slowly as she can, that's why we don't hear about anything new until one project is nearly complete.

Idw had the chance to change that and they fucking blew it.
Yes i'm still bitter.

BUt enough about that bullshit. Where's my coffee, Joey, you bitch twink!

There are a few actually. The go-to everything from characters to episodes plots is just aping harry potter to the letter because that series of books created magical schools apparently.

Diana fucks Akko every night!

Nobody will do it because of the FEAR of being blamed or worse sued for ripping off Harry Potter.

Also,

>tiny veiled Sup Forums thread about how cartoon girls are so ugly.png

Harry Potter doesn't own the magical school genre.

>Diana
>Boring

200% Wrong

She strikes me as the type who thinks all cartoons are bad and for kids. I don't know why, maybe that just comes from the way she treats lets players.

Yeah, so sending them into another tizzy won't actually do anything. The story's dead.

>No one's mentioned Ultimate Book of Spells
pleb

Oh well, we still got witch characters.

We need an animated Gunnerkrigg show. Quick someone call Netflix then Tom

LWA should directed with a western developer.