Why was it cancelled?

Why was it cancelled?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x9iSJgocpwo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

2 edgy 4 me

what the fuck is the pig thing? I know spanky was a stand in for online animation but I don't know what the fuck that is.

Too much fun

Spanky should've been Strong Bad.

because it was edgelord garbage

I don't think Spanky had a direct inspiration, I think he was just inspired by crude online animations in general.

Yeah, that's what I though too, but what the hell is the pig in the OP picture?

The Jew Producer

It was pretty hit or miss. Toot and Spanky annoy me.

The AIDS walk episode is amazing tho.

It's from this old flash-cartoon website called Kill Frog.
Very obscure reference; seeing this brought back tons of memories.

It wasn't all that great.

youtube.com/watch?v=x9iSJgocpwo
now thats fuckin retro web shit

Collapsed under the weight of its own greatness.

not edgy enough, spanky is a parody of adult web animation, there's not really anything too adult in homestar runner

HERO SHIELD
ACTIVATE!

The 2 dimensional characters and their schtick got old and repetitive

Would have benefited if you got a new cast every season, you know, like a real reality show

Why is Ariel a stand in for Clara? There are a lot of Disney Princesses that would make a much better stand-in. Aurora or Sleeping Beauty would have been much better.

Ariel is a dumb teenager who doesn't act like a princess at all.

Comedy Central probably didn't feel like shilling out the money for cell animation when they could order some bullshit animated in flash for a fraction of the price.

Drawn Together was running out of steam by season 3 anyways, they had fucking Carlos Mencia guest star in an episode. The show was magical but it was destined to turn into Family Guy eXtra and devolve into lazier, edgier writing if it kept going.

I also think that with his short stature, jerky animation, and crude humor, that Spanky was also representative of South Park- only CC probably didn't feel as comfortable making direct references to its most successful animated show.

>CC probably didn't feel as comfortable making direct references to its most successful animated show.

No, they didn't have a problem with it at all.

Daniel Tosh

Wait the Link clone is named Xander because these retards thought his name is Zelda?

No because there's a retarded running joke on the internet where everyone pretends to think his name is Zelda

Which, I might add, is kind of fair for people who never play the games.
Every game is called "The Legend Of Zelda", even the ones where Zelda makes little appearances or is absent from altogether.

The joke is based on real retards who don't know the game.

It tried too hard to be as repulsive as possible and got old fast