Just picked up the first issue this morning. I'm pretty surprised to see a new Runaways run...

Just picked up the first issue this morning. I'm pretty surprised to see a new Runaways run. I just happened to be at my LCS and grabbed it. What do you think? Not super exciting, but its nice to see Gert back as well as Nico struggling with using up her spells.

I think the writer was handed a hard task. She has a lot of baggage to work with with all the cross overs and events they've showed up in.

As much as I like Gert I don't think resurrecting her is the right decision especially not spending a whole issue on it when it seems like she only has 6 to work with.

Based on her internet activity I'm afraid she's going to go balls deep on Social Justice rhetoric. Some writers can keep that separate from their work but not many. Yes the original comic did have elements. That's perfectly normal. If Ronald Drumf shows up in the background wanting to kill all supers, that's different than sheltered California kids have sheltered California kid attitudes.

I'm not keen on the art. Not that I hate Anka as much as others do but the colors are just not doing it for me.

Despite all this, I went from hugely pessimistic to slightly optimistic somehow.

Thanks for the reply user. Doesn't look like anyone really cares on Sup Forums though. I have to agree about bringing Gert back all issue. I liked the gags with Nico's powers and the dialogue is pretty believable for Cali young adults. Guess we'll see where it's going.

We had a pretty long thread when it came out, but yeah pretty slow. It's not bad enough to get the big hate threads and not good enough to get praise threads.

The only way to get a praise thread these days is to make a bait one, like that Deathstroke one a few days ago

I guess being as positive as I can, I'd say to early to judge.

I'm not a huge fan of the character designs/drawing style but that's not a huge deal. I have some issue with the time frame maybe being off but fuck it sliding scale and all that. It wasn't so bad I'm dreading another issue but after Hulk being so disappointing after I was somewhat excited for it I'm jest less than optimistic that this will be surprisingly good.

I'm hoping since they started off with time travel I'll get to see some future Molly...I know I won't

Muscle fag plz go.

Regular Molly doesn't even show up until issue 4.

those animals make gert morbidly obese

>I liked the gags with Nico's powers
I saw how Nico summoned up a random doctor to save Gert, and out of all the possible doctors, a black lesbian appeared. That's all I need to know to avoid this book. Issue one may have been perfectly harmless and innofensive, but I know Marvel. By issue 3 or 4, we'll see where this book is really going. Just like with Mockingbird.

I'm hoping that the book pick up the pace a little and that the writer references anything past vol. 1 to keep continuity moving forward.

You're the one making a big deal out of a third of a page brah.

Hey guess who's back. ESL Baitkid.

You mean like gerts death, the A-Force picture and mention of her arm that all happened in issue 1?

>You're the one making a big deal out of a third of a page brah.
Like I said, I know Marvel. If I'm right, that will just be the tip of the iceberg.

so are you deniying she is a fat slob fellow redditor?

Oh no! Next thing they'll make one of the main characters a lesbian!

Nope. She's supposed to be, sweety.

>be you
>can't fucking wait to post my super cool edit again. I'm so fucking clever.
>"shit shit shit someone mentioned the pic. POST IT."

A black lesbian podiatrist who was largely useless without Nico magicking everything better.

Anyways that aside I didn't much care for the issue either. It was largely boring and bring back Gert was a mistake

ok this migth be hard to understand for someone like you but theres a diference in being fat like gert was and be boogie level of lard abomination like the new gert

Yup. The same way that every third American character should be, given the obesity rate there.

i didnt did the edit i just liked it, theres more than 5 people in Sup Forumsmblr retard

Got some repressed weight issues there user?

why because i can tell the diference betwen a fat induvidual and a morbidly obese one? are doctors shit lords too?

You gotta tone is back a bit. You're too obvious.

run out of arguments again i see, shoulda mention my grammar again

If you've actually read Runaways, you'd know that Gert's weight variance isn't a new thing at all and she's been drawn consistently skinnier on covers and her weight inside the pages depends on the artist. If that's enough to put you off a comic, then yes. You've probably got some some sort of personal weight related mental issue with the representation of the overweight in the media.

>weight variance
she was never drawnn as a fucking manatee before
>verweight in the media
she was already fat but that wasnt enougth for this faggots they need to make her look like whale because this somehow is the progresive thing to do.
im sorry i actulay like this characters and want them to look and act like they are supposed to be

Protip user, what's in your head isn't canon.
What's on the pages is.

so let me see, in your brain theres no diference?

>im sorry i actulay like this characters and want them to look like they are supposed to be

She does. Get off this faux outrage.

This shit, fake or otherwise, is starting to overtake SJWs as board cancer.