What does he say at 0:55?
Sounds like updog but i'm listening with 2 bucks earpods

"Hotdog!"

>the police, the sherif, the fbi

>interpol

>the fishing and wildlife service

>Daisy
>not a whore

>Goofy was the only one who didn't cheat, but lost because he thought it was a sack race
amazing

>Peg Leg Pete pas out for that long
did he ded
he would be dragging a skeleton
good cartoon

>nice guys always finish last
>choosing to run with another girl even though she knows its wrong
what did they mean?

This no right being so fucking good

>Jim Cummings

why is this so much funnier than old Mickey cartoons

What coud they possibly have meant by this?

That it's amazing that Max is an only child.

Like, every couple of seconds there's a joke.

I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

He did have another son back in the day. Goofy Jr.

I laughed at the ending but not much else. These shorts still have serious pacing issues as the jokes come way too fast, to an almost obnoxious degree. I think Paul Rudish and Dave Thomas must have ADHD.

Silver Age Mickey shorts >>>>>>> House of Mouse era Mickey shorts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> New Mickey shorts

>It's the House of Mouse autist again

>red hair
Clearly Goofy cucked Max and this is his is lovechild with Roxanne

>Oh no, he called me an autist
You just keep pretending those shorts didn't have better production values and weren't more structurally similar to the classic shorts.

I call you an autist because you show up in every thread about this show and always drop some sort of silly comment about Rudish.

>You just keep pretending those shorts didn't have better production values and weren't more structurally similar to the classic shorts.

Yet by and large, these shorts are better than the HoM ones.

Eh not that good

Terrible taste Mr. user

>cucked Max

What?

Wouldn't it be Mrs. Goof?

Tbfh, I had a negative view on automatic tweening, but these shorts have changed my view greatly.
Better than 99% of anime. No inbetweeners needed anymore. Too bad this kind of animation is unpopular in my country.

I meant the other way around, Roxanne cucking Max

>Yet by and large, these shorts are better than the HoM ones.
t. ADHD autist

Jesus. What happened to the cultured Disney anons of Sup Forums? Where did they go? You people are honestly putting this series of unoriginal slapstick gags and ironic/sarcastic one-liners over the Mickey shorts that were made in Walt Disney's heyday.

When House of Mouse came out 15+ years ago it was generally acknowledged that the original shorts that premiered with each episode were fucking great and mostly captured the spirit of those classic shorts. But now you all shit on that, too, because probably the only thing you remember about the show were the "House" segments. Not the Annie-nominated shorts, a few of which Disney thought were good enough to release theatrically.

Oh, my mistake. I was mistaking Roxanne for Pete's wife on Goof Troop.

KEKED BY A DUCK
TOOK THE HIKE LIKE A DYKE
pottery

You know there's a reason Donald and Goofy were more popular than Mickey right? They were edgier and funnier than he was. Mickey Mouses' series was even retired in Walts own life time.

House of Mouse suffers from the early 2000s "play it safe" style of writing as well as fairly inoffensive visuals, despite good animation.

The new Mickey Mouse shorts have sharp, witty non-stop humor in a short package, some of the best Toon Boom animation on the market, with technical production values that exceed House of Mouse via camera angles, lighting changes, overall detail in the scenery and backgrounds, etc.

You are an autist
>House of Mouse came out 15+ years ago
And you wonder why people don't remember?

Did you just admit to being an underage newfag? No one on this board should be so young that they can't remember the years between 2001 and 2004.

>You know there's a reason Donald and Goofy were more popular than Mickey right?
And you know there were original Donald and Goofy shorts produced in the early 2000s as well, right? I won't argue that they're as funny as the originals, but they're a damn sight closer in spirit than anything Paul Rudish has put out.

>You are an autist
GEE, YOU SURE SHUT ME DOWN

>And you know there were original Donald and Goofy shorts produced in the early 2000s as well, right?
Yes, because they were more popular than Mickey. Thanks for reiterating my point.

> I won't argue that they're as funny as the originals, but they're a damn sight closer in spirit than anything Paul Rudish has put out.
They aren't trying to be like the originals, the new Mickey shorts are their own thing, while paying tribute to their past.

This felt more Looney Tunes than Disney.

Most of the new Mickey Shorts do

I guess they're all more LT-ish than the old ones I watched as a kid, but this one felt like it went further somehow. Not like I've watched all of the new ones though.

But he had three legs so technically he won fair and square.

youtube.com/watch?v=CHS-XAyBTvY

>Is that a jojo reference!?

No, that's an old style Korean school uniform.

It's incredible how good are these shorts.

Are koreans a JoJo reference?

Yes. Yes, they are.

You're one of those losers who keep downvoting these shorts just on some baseless autistic principle, aren't you?

>baseless
>when I literally explained the problem with the new shorts
Fuck off if you're not actually interested in arguing back and are only going to throw the word "autist" around, like... well, an undiagnosed autist.

>These shorts still have serious pacing issues as the jokes come way too fast, to an almost obnoxious degree.

Explain how they come too fast then. Explain why them coming fast is obnoxious or even an actual problem.

This made me feel funny.

Because it's actually harder to to write a slower-paced cartoon where the slapstick feels earned and isn't just WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! in your face every second.

But in the interest of making this a fair argument, let me take one of my favorites of the new Mickey shorts and contrast it with a classic short.

>Exhibit One: Split Decision
youtube.com/watch?v=p7O22GuSc58

- At the 0:15 mark we already have our first comedic explosion.

- At 1:10 we're already being rushed into the gimmick of the episode, that being Professor Drake separating Donald from his anger.

- At 1:44 Donald emerges a completely different person. He's overly happy and has a funny voice, a joke will be exploited again and again for the remaining 5 minutes of the cartoon.

- Angry Donald breaks loose! He starts destroying things! Mickey is freaking out! Cartoon violence everywhere, holy shit my sides

-"Aww, don't cry, hallucination Daisy." -- le random wacky humor for the millennials who think that sort of thing is hilariously clever

>Exhibit Two: Daisy Cured Duck
youtube.com/watch?v=L8smFyhA5QI

Immediately you notice the tone is more relaxed. Donald and Daisy's speech isn't littered with sarcastic, "witty" remarks; Donald's infamous temper aside, they talk and interact with each other like real people. The instances of slapstick are paced, not just strung together one after the other.

Both cartoons feature funny characters in funny situations, but tonally, there's a huge difference. In the new Mickey shorts the humor is always, always, ALWAYS frantic. You're supposed to laugh when Mickey drops a coin and chases it down a hill, then throughout the rest of the episode, getting knocked around taking pratfalls all along the way. But with a few great exceptions (K'uu Lei Melody being one) the characters no longer feel genuine; they're ironic caricatures of themselves, too focused on being wackier than Looney Tunes ever was for the gags to feel earned.

She wanted to fucking win

I still like House of Mouse and the old cartoons, but I also really like these new ones

>Both cartoons feature funny characters in funny situations, but tonally, there's a huge difference

Exactly, the modern one is funny and the old one is as tame and boring as it was in 1945.

The old one was more a story with a little bit of slapstick at some very specific moments

And the new one is actually funny

Wait, is this Wacky Races?

Is Mickey the anti-Dastardly?

I wouldn't say it wasn't funny, just that it has different pacing and the little references and gags are a bit more subdued instead of being super in your face like the new stuff always is.

does anyone know what's the song name of the last scene?

I found the original recording on Twitter
twitter.com/mrchriswillis/status/908876131633315840

but i'm not sure if it's an original composition or not

Someone make a picture with Minnie and Daisy together and put in DUCKED

I'm starting to wonder if Donald has an Oedipus Complex with the second short.

Daisy has his mom's temper.

watching donald destroy things indiscriminately is always funny

>Mickey shorts by boarder/director (season 4)
>Dave Wasson
Swimmin' Hole
Shipped Out

>Dave Thomas
Touchdown and Out (Confirmed on his tumblr)
Three-Legged Race

>Eddie Trigueros
Bee Inspired

>Joe Pitt
Canned (rudish as director)

>unknown because it was one of the two eps to not have credits
Locked in Love (my best bet is Alonso Ramierz Ramos)

Is Pete dead?

Anyone else super grossed out by all the titty milk?

>Sounds like updog
What's updog?

No, because tiddies are where milk comes from. Unless you're Canadian...

Anyone but me recognize the robot from "Mars and Beyond"?

Yes, I had a feeling that robot was more than just a gag. One of the best parts of these shorts are the easter eggs.

youtube.com/watch?v=iEg7dF5rg8Y

We're also about 2 months shy of said episodes 60th birthday

That's a pretty cool character.

Wish he was a Kingdom Hearts boss.

Quick, Sup Forums. Think of a more obscure character for them to put in these shorts

Why are Martians rocking the freshests kicks, yo?

The robot was also in the House of Mouse short, "Mickey's Mechanical House"

Back then Tennis shoes were seen as futuristic.

I think both of them work on different levels. It's good they're not trying to mindlessly rehash the past, but rather learn from it and give it a spin.

Solego the Chaos God.

Why is she such a bad sportsman?

I'd rather they be funny than "accurate"

I did. Mars and Beyond was my nightmare fuel.

Gotta release that stress from taking the duck dick

You have to be kind of screwy in the first placeā€¦

I want them to show up for a short.

>screwy

youtube.com/watch?v=NEcjjW_Nq5w

>Beagle Boys break out of jail.
>Fucking Chernabog out of nowhere.

When are these shorts ever NOT complete gold?

It's good to see Drake is still kickin it

>interspecies relationship
what did Walt meant by this?

>Sup Forums dissing a golden era Disney short
Congratulations, you've lived up to the stereotype of modern audiences having no culture and taste when it comes to animation, instead favoring whatever is more violent, faster-paced and less taxing on their attention spans.

In short, you have shit taste. Grow up and see cartoons as more than just mindless diversions.

>Jesus. What happened to the cultured Disney anons of Sup Forums? Where did they go? You people are honestly putting this series of unoriginal slapstick gags and ironic/sarcastic one-liners over the Mickey shorts that were made in Walt Disney's heyday.

The verbal humor in these is like the better Disney comics made in Walt's heyday, except modernized. So there's a strong tradition for it.

As for other Mickey shorts made in Walt's heyday: Mickey was only a really interesting character in them until about 1935. When the color shorts started, Donald/Goofy/Pluto had captured the staff's attention more, so they almost displaced Mickey.
The studio felt this was no big deal because there were 75+ already existing Mickey cartoons, with Mickey as the only star, that could be rereleased forever.
But... they were in black and white, so as color got more prominent, they dropped from circulation, and Mickey began to be seen only as the boring bit player of the later color shorts.

Annnnnddd Walt and his crew let this happen.
They reduced Mickey to a boring character in films and didn't even think twice.

>Pete's football team consists of the Beagle Boys and Chernabog
nice

>The verbal humor in these is like the better Disney comics made in Walt's heyday, except modernized. So there's a strong tradition for it.
Fair enough.

He new they were god-tier.

I ship mickey and daisy, they are cute together

Too pure

Daisy looked so much younger in HoM.

Oswald was confirmed trash by Disney themselves

Heh, at first, I was wondering what they were thinking when Scrooge threw money around.
But then both Scrooge and Donald remembered that they fucking threw money around and collected it again.

I want this asshole to come out of nowhere in the middle of a short and try to sell me a nonexistant dishwasher that washes while I watch TV