Whats the most toku-like series in the DC Universe?

Whats the most toku-like series in the DC Universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N5R4MNsbUoI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blue beetle I guess
Jamie I mean. He gets his powers from his enemy the reach.
They tried to take over the world with soda
Seems pretty toku to me
youtube.com/watch?v=N5R4MNsbUoI

What the fuck is this
Newest Super Sentai?
Why are there 9 of them?

Thats neat. Does he get any color-coded teammates?

Yeah
Its an ok premise but I hate the red ranger
If he says lucky one more time I'm going to reach through the screen and punch him
Not really he's more of a kamen rider

Well, newest as in this year. Uchuu Sentai Kyuranger. So far they have 12 members

>Why are there 9 of them?
Because that image doesn't show the three (four?) who were added mid-season.

What the fuck

Instead of sentai can we talk about the better toku show

>12
Oh fuck right off. That is far too fucking many, even if a chunk of them are recurring instead of regulars. At this rate, they're gonna run out of colors and start having different shades. ... Oh wait, they already that. Fuck.

It's nice to see that DANposting is still going on strong, even after Ex-Aid ending.

Nah

DANposting will never end

So how are you folks liking Build so far?

I'm loving it's got the best start to any show I've seen in a while
Is it just me though or does the secondary rider seem like the love interest

The Flash Family is definitely the Sentai equivilant.
Blue Beetle is Kamen Rider, obviously.

I feel like it's building up haha it's foundations pretty well, the cast is likeable, the setting is interesting and the plot seems to be good (even if it feels a little rushed), my only fear is that it will end up being Wizard 2.0 and be all promise and no deliver.

Gemn was the only worthwhile thing about that show

I like it's tone and premise, but it's too early to tell whether or not it'll be a half decent series

What the fuck was that?

Dan did make the show

Science

WOW GREAT COMICS AND CARTOONS THREAD GUYS, TOTALLY IN-TOPIC DISCUSSION GOING ON HERE

Mods, do your fucking job for once.

for a little bit but then I moved on

Bike boy also stole the scene in the little screentime he had.

Toku to Sup Forums is like Junji Ito to Sup Forums.

Bike and dan show when?

Completely and utterly off-topic? Good to know!

When he winds his belt, does it play pop goes the weasel?

Guys, this is the most sentai thing in the dcu

+ Avery

>9 power rangers in 1 series
I thought 7 was the limit?

What about the Marvel family?

>9
It's 12 now.

10 was like the max for a very long time

Is that going good? Seemed promising, but I did not stick around for the premiere.

So what the fuck is the theme here?
The Zodiac or some shit?

Safe to say Kyuranger is not going to be brought to west, that's for sure

constellations.

Constellations in general.

DC not much, but Battle Fever J is technically part of the Marvel Universe

That's at least a tiny bit better than what I thought
Might check it out

please take your sentai shit to your own board

What
Are you for real? How?
Does it have anything to do with Supaidaman?

that's /m/

What makes you say that?
Having to choreograph two dozen people per fight? That fact that have the rangers aren't human and need to be costumed at all times? Simply having to cast 12 people for a show that'll air at 6 am?

is the same chinese thing

The Metal Men are multi-colored, have cybernetics, battle giant monstrosities, tragically sacrifice themselves numerous times for the sake of others (only to be rebuilt), and even combine into a giant robot on occasion.

you're on Sup Forums

>Simply having to cast 12 people
Dino Charge had like 10 rangers

If you get into Kyoryuger, there were technically even more than that because the additional Rangers past the core six all passed the mantle on to successors and there was Deathryuger as a movie villain.

In my dumb defense I don't believe I've watched Power Rangers in 10+ years and Kyuranger is my first Sentai.

I think we have a winner.

as much as I hated that movie death was pretty cool. Loved the boomerang flute sword

So it's Saint Seiya Sentai? Boy, that's a mouthful.

Super Saint Seiya Sentai, even.

Super Saint Seiya Sentai has superior silver specimens

>Gills, Agito and Another Agito.jpg

They're zodiac themed. Of course there's gonna be a ton of them.

You need to read Final Crisis Aftermath: D.A.N.C.E.
Then you will know of the Super Young Team.

I love in-suit shenanigans.

Man i started watching kamen rider too late, 60fps looks amazing

It got off to a really bad start. Around episode 13 it got way better, but I wouldn't say it's spectacular or anything. But I'm enjoying it enough to watch weekly, I guess.

>12
Is this shit necessary?

Alt universe where the metal men are literally sentai heroes when?

wait what is this actually from, I mean I know its ryuki but was this in the actual show?

>60fps looks amazing
Amen.

>purple
>flowing robe and pimpcane

actually we know it's the next one to come over because we've already had confirmation that Zyuohger is getting skipped over, as it's Mecha aren't believed to be something that will sell well here, while Kyuranger's fit perfectly into Bandai's preferred marketing strategy for Power Rangers merch

This is my first time watching either series, I'm really enjoying them both

Is Ex-Aid good? The Kyurangers crossover episode made it look terrible

It's pretty good

It's pretty bad

I liked the stunt work they did with the guy in the chunky suit in the crossover.

I enjoyed it, but the suits do take some getting used to. I got hooked because of the character interactions mostly. Dangerous Zombie is also a badass suit.

it's really good, although the first 11 episodes are kinda on the slow side

Ex-aid has an iffy start but gets really, really good later on. Also has one of the most solid ending out of any Rider shows I've watched.

One of my favorite riders Dan makes the show all of them.

>The Flash Family is definitely the Sentai equivilant.
Are you sure about this?

Mods, please do your fucking job for once.

>Sidekick is love interest's younger brother
>Heroic predecessor captured by villains
>Future child shows up to help

>Archenemy is color-inverted version of the hero

Whoa

>Drive is Flash
>Gold Drive is Reverse Flash
>"Dark" Drive is Future Flash / CW Savitar

I just read the Wikipedia summary of the series, and I have one important question:

Supposedly the Kyurangers are chosen from across the galaxy, and given stones which represent the constellations of the night sky.

Only these constellations don't exist across the galaxy, they only exist as an arrangement of stars perceived from earth. Constellations would be completely different anywhere else in the galaxy. Why do the stones represent earth constellations, which vary by culture and location on the same planet?

>Future child shows up to help
Show up to kill you mean

It's a children show

Cause in all of the stories even ones that span the galaxy its always about earth. Supposedly they are on earth now because it holds a huge secret and shut up its not just to have it be in japan. Its cost effective for the shows to be set in japan cause they don't need to do extra work.

My guess is that this is because the first ever Kyuranger, the guy that united the universe, Houoh Soldier, was an earthling. So the Kyurangers are based on Earth constellations.

The Rocket Red Brigade?

Zodiac-based.

It looks like Minecraft, how do they think that wont sell?

>ex-aid and knuckles
Crossover with Gaim?

Was "New Guardians" anything like a sentai team? They look like one.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the templar guardian? haven't seen them since before lost army

The show has handled the large roster well by splitting the story into arcs and everyone being assigned to teams to take on different threats and missions.
While one team is trying to rescue civilians the others are in the mechs taking on monsters.
While one team is trying to solve a mystery the others are tracking fighting a powerful general. Stuff like that.

How about Cap. Marvel/Shazam?

Damnit fuck you DC

take this shit back to /m/

The first few episodes are weak and the suits are a bit weird but honestly once you get past the point of people using Level 1 suits frequently the show becomes fantastic. I think enjoying this show will really boil down to if you can get used to some of the show's quirkier attributes in relation to other Rider shows before then.

And as many others have said, Dan is the man