That episode of Jem where that bitch was tripping balls and was about to jump to her death off Starlight Mansion

>that episode of Jem where that bitch was tripping balls and was about to jump to her death off Starlight Mansion

Dang

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8YLZfNpzmxY
youtube.com/watch?v=D2mYfwX52Bs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

user, she lost her family and felt that she had little to live for. The high she was experiencing at the time in that episode only helped to bring her feelings to the surface that her guitar couldn't help mask and soothe. Sometimes being able to play music doesn't magically alleviate your issues- contrary to what Jem ever said or (playfully) alluded to.

Kinda outrageous

Truly truly

Hello hyper Satan.

I know next to nothing about Jem so I can't tell if you're meming or if this actually happened.

It's true.

It was a real episode. A few of the Habsro cartoons did anti-drug episodes.

In the 80-90's shows had these kind of anti-illicit episodes(drugs, guns, rape and others)
Unironically, they were great episodes, because showed characters dealing with real life problems.
On today standards, people will get triggered, because everything should be considered a safe place.

Jem is dead.
Long live Jiz.

Christ I remember that episode. I'm still pretty surprised by someone me of the shit they were able to get away with, especially for a cartoon of the 80s

horrible art

The start of this episode has one of the most accurate portrayals of clinical depression ever seen.

Had to look it up for myself. It was funnier than I expected

Jiz - A Very Special Drug Episode

youtube.com/watch?v=D2mYfwX52Bs

But she took the drugs to help her focus on her music practice. They caused her to hallucinate. She wasn't suicidal, she was just tripping the fuck out.

>We've reached a point where 80's shows are praised for being ballsy

Do modern cartoons really suck that much?

Sadly.

Modern cartoons are ballsy in a different way. It's all about DEEPEST LORE, which is still somewhat unheard of in what's generally considered a children's medium.

80s cartoons were ballsy in the sense of not being afraid to talk about real-world issues in programming that was certainly intended for kids. Just look at "Captain Planet" and their several non-environmental episodes. Gang violence, drugs, and even AIDS. They had a goddamn AIDS episode with Neil Patrick Harris!

>It's all about DEEPEST LORE
I mean, the current cartoons with "deep lore" are very far and few between. From the top of my head:
>Steven Universe
>Star Vs
>Adventure Time

And that's it? Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder had some continuity but were mostly episodic, similar to Xiaolin Showdown or Jackie Chan Adventures.

Contrary to what people say,I think the amount of "deep lore" shows we have are pretty consistent from the past few decades in the sense that they were rare, too. Gargoyles, and didn't He-Man have some continuity going? Anime was also more popular back then and they don't ever dub that for kids anymore now unless it's Pokemon.

Dangit Laura