Just finished watching Transformers Prime

Just finished watching Transformers Prime.

Is this the most annoying character in the history of cartoon television or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mcXF-Ltv2D8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not even the most annoying human in Transformers.

> Finishes watching TF:P
> makes thread about Miko of all things

I liked the show, and thought its worst element was Miko.

She's not a part of the show you can ignore.

I still like them more than Anode.

Miko was the overall best human from Prime. Jack was boring, Raf was unexplained, and the adults were infrequent. Miko kicked ass and was a little shit.

Was the show good? I only know about this show from seeing a comic on /aco/ about them fucking the autobots and the dude fucking Arcee while in vehicle form.

FUN FACT: the Italian VAs for Jack and Miko are also Genji and Tracer's VAs. And they also got married last week.

>implying Miko was worse than Raf
She at least had character- I couldn't tell you anything about Raf's character outside of "smart" and "likes Bumblebee".

No she is easily the most obnoxious character in the show, probably franchise unless you count Bayformers. She caused plenty of life threatening mishaps getting closer to the excitement, cried bitch tears during her fuckups like we're supposed to feel bad for her. Kinda reminds me of Mabel, and then went back to doing the same thing again, acts like a badass wrecker when she literally does nothing but talk shit with a really bad accented voice. Say what you will about Jack and Raf but at least they contributed at points in the show and weren't anywhere near her level of insufferable. Also post season one the human's roles were downplayed greatly, thankfully, despite Jack being used for Arcee shipping bait and character development. Raf is just your every day child genius trope that can hack into anything.

Boring Hahahaha

>mfw humans in transformers media
I want to watch giant transforming robots. Giant transforming robots. How hard is that to understand?

Annoying Hahahah

That's pretty cute.

wait the Italian VAs for Genji and Tracer or the Original VAs?

She's not even the most annoying Transformers character, do you even these fuckers?

She was anong the first characters i ever waifued the shit out of, shut ul

>not making a thread about all the wasted potential
>not making a thread about anything in the tv movie
>not making a thread about Breakdown's butt lights
>not making a thread about HOW THE FUCK THE MIDGET NERD CAN UNDERSTAND BUMBLEBEE DESPITE HIM BEING A FUCKING. ALIEN. CARRRRR!

Ironically, the classic Transformers cartoons did this right. No human characters. For some reason, modern TV producers think kids won't like Transformers unless there's humans in them.
Miko was annoying. At all times. Raf was just a boy genius, but not once in the entire show did he ever do anything annoying, aside from being a boy genius. He never caused forced drama scenes the way Miko constantly does.

...I like her.

...I don't like him at all.

Come off it, mate.

>the classic Transformers cartoons did this right. No human characters.

Um.... What? Are you... early-onset Alzheimer's?

They had humans all the time. They were just in their proper place: supporting characters to frame the Transformers.

Spike Witwicky?

He said Italians.

>Come off it, mate.

yeah no. Anode straight up ruins the comics right now.

The later seasons of RiD had the two main humans nearly non-existent. They are barely doing anything besides a few supporting elements.

the humans in RiD arent even that bad. i was dreading them, but their presence was few and far between, and Denny was even a bit charming.

Best human though is the pretzel priest. autobots should have just chilled at his place.

Oh no. A post cap. What ever shall we do.

>not liking humans
Humans can be the best part of a TF with good writing.

Miko was incredibly generic.

>asian with purple hair dye streak
>spunky action girl

I like Denny for the fact he's an adult who goes on deadly robot adventures with his kid.

>Ironically, the classic Transformers cartoons did this right. No human characters.

What

Generic as fuck but the animators in Japan really liked her.

these are the kind of humans Transformers needs.
I know its a kids series, but they should just ditch the kids.
Older adults with defined personalities mesh well with the transformers. That and an adult would actually have the resources to keep the transformers hidden.
next human companion should be some redneck with an autoshop.
>Cletus, we need your help to save the world from the decepticons.
>now i dont know nothin bout no deceptiwhatsits, but so long as none of you is a talkin prius, ill help.

Starscream is the best part of the show. I love how he's the ultimate sycophant/toady. He takes every single opportunity he can to gain favor with Megatron, especially in S3. I love seeing him constantly fail in the funniest ways possible.

I watched all of Prime and mostly enjoyed it, and I can honestly say I literally remember nothing about her aside from a very vague sense memory of the pitch of her voice. Not even her name.

So, she didn't annoy me enough for me to remember being annoyed by her. There's lots of characters I remember being annoyed by, so she's not even in the running.

The Decepticons need human allies too

desu its kinda boring without them, especially since the main cast acts so repetitive.

Idk why you people are set in this meme where there has to be no humans in transformers. They're originally robots that turned into HUMAN vehicles to better interact with whatever HUMAN society was nearby. Current IDW bores me so much because even though it has a distinct lack of human interaction, it has a fucking lack of anything interesting for the transformers to do, especially with their vehicle forms. The most we fucking got was car based racism and being born in the wrong body shit and that's politics, I'm sick of politics, I'm sick of soap operas in space where nobody fucking transforms. I want Soundwave taking his kids to the prom and hanging out with the cool kids, I want captain fanzone + prowl buddy cop movies, I want the fucking kid and dad from RiD to hang out with the minicons enough to get fucking diabetes and end my miserable life with.

Humans, GOOD HUMANS are what makes transformers worth watching, not space racism, space six flags, or anode's pronouns. Goodnight Sup Forums

The days when he got kicked out of the club house and lost his transformation cog were the funniest.

starscream is always my least favorite character, but i cant imagine transformers without him. He is such a massive fay cunt, that i think i have grown to love him.

>Ironically, the classic Transformers cartoons did this right. No human characters

Besides Spike Witwicky, Sparkplug Witwicky, Chip. Raul, Carlie, her and spike's son, and numerous one-shot characters?

So.... what do you think of Marissa Fairborne?

agreed, that should become a thing.
The humans should totally be pawns, since decepticons dont give a flying fuck about humans.
I could see Megatron forming an allegiance with the government for weaponry, and claiming that the autobots are the invaders.

Hmmm. Those are some good points.

Most developed Starscream, too.

>No human characters.
There were plenty of human characters. Even going so far to get turned human themselves.

>and claiming that the autobots are the invaders
Well, he is right.

It is really weird to see this comic's generation of Drift. I can't even hate her.

That she is a little skank.

NOT THAT MARISSA

Isn't that the cartoon now?
Rescue bots?
They live in like a private collectors junkyard or some shit.

Humans are never good in Transformers. Proto-humans are alright, I guess.

I usually think of the ideal human villans to be the following

>Old Snake (Cobra Commander)
>Dr. Arkeville
>Silas
>Harold Attinger
>Dylan Gould
>Shawn Berger

My continuity would find a way to incorporate all of them.

also make Kicker a villain too, I can see him as a psychopathic super soldier.

I miss Rescue Bots.

>A live action version that isn't shit
>Autobots arrive in secret
>Make friends with some humans
>Decepticons make direct contact with US government
>Appear bold as brass on TV
>"Greetings, people of Earth! It pleases me to be the first Cybertronian to make your acquiantance!"
>Voice is masculine, sexy, soothing and reassuring all at once
>"Who is he? Is he one of you?"
>"NO! That is our mortal enemy - He's called - "
>"Ambassador Starstream! Please excuse my trusted companions Thunderclap and Skyward, they are somewhat shy as they have not yet mastered your elegant, if complicated language."
"Starstream? Wow, he sure looks handsome - "
"Yeah, you don't look human at all. What gives?"
"...Everything about him is a lie. Even his name."

>not Meltdown
What the fuck user

>Ironically, the classic Transformers cartoons did this right. No human characters.

Kill yourself, faggot!

That'd be Windblade though

>Japanese motif
>screams fan character
>initially didn't have the best depiction
>eventually people warm up to them and accept them into the lore

Anode....good luck on her being a fan favourite or a recurring character in the future.

>stereotypical fat american capitalist with no morals
>name is literally burger
Transformers was ahead of its time.

>prime has 2 clip shows within the same season
Were there budget cuts or something?

Wait, there's another one?

I disagree. I strongly support hybridization. Headmasters and Powermasters FTW.
Blur the line between the species. Have Transformers attempt to become more human-like (why not? If Beast Warrios emulate animals convincingly...).
I want a human-Transformers relationship. I want a trans-species marriage!

Already? Wait, is it over?

Beats me. And it's from Season Two, the best of the three seasons.

Holy shit, never realized Cheetimus Prime cameo'd in BW.

I miss Prime's artstyle.

I genuinely don't get why everyone whore open colours and overalls.

as much as the holo-matter avatars got too tumblry, they at least fit the characters....kinda.

Rodimus being a trashy John Bender/Marty McFly type is perfect.

and lol Idris Elba Nightbeat....way too deep, personally I picture him more akin to Spike Spiegel in appearance since I read him with Steve Blum's voice.

But it was generic as fuck.

I don't know about cuts but it cost a lot more than Hasbro originally intended. Hence RiD looking (and being) considerably cheaper.

Oh man, that's great! If only the style wasn't absolute dogshit

Nah dude. Drift was highly disliked when he first appeared in the comics. People will get over Anode like how they got over Drift and Windblade.

It has the best designs for the non-human characters.

Meltdown was the best human villain in animated yes....maybe i'll find a way.

I don't think superheroes/villains is what i'd do....then again I kinda wouldn't mind doing Robot Master in my continuity.

>Drift got "better" when Roberts wrote him instead of his daddy McCarthy
So clearly, McCarthy needs to write an Anode mini.

Animated and Armada have the better designs

It ended with season 4. They are making a new one called Rescue Bots Academy but that's not until 2019.

I know he was but I dunno about Anode, unless Roberts pulls a complete 180 and actually gives her meaning.

I always thought either she'd become a brutally painful deconstruction of the spotlight mary-sue character (kind of like Afterburn in the Titan Comics Animated comic series from the UK) or she becomes a villain like what happened to Scrappy Doo in the live-action Scooby-Doo series.

I disagree with you there, at least in the case of Armada, especially with those noses. Though even in Animated, there were more designs I didn't like compared to Prime.

I've liked Starscream and Soundwave since the G1 days and honestly, their Prime designs are my favourites. Scream especially, that's the perfect look to suit his character.

>Scream especially, that's the perfect look to suit his character.
Indeed.

>liking flat, ugly Starscream

It's a shame they didn't animate it with the designs from the Japanese opening.

>Wait, there's another one?
Marissa from IDW. One of the few humans who are not hell-bent to fuck up robot aliens.

It's literally the same art

When I watched TP, I was actually surprised by how quality the animation was. Some of the fights in S1 were not the most well directed, but they really improved in S2 and S3 in terms of action scenes.

The only thing that looked really bad was some of the backgrounds, which looked cheap at times. Like when Arcee was zipping through a desert road, there was barely any detail on the backgrounds.

I can't imagine how expensive the show must have been to make.

Ye.

>that moonrune scale
Finally the japanese have proved themselves to have good taste

It was too expensive. They were wasting too much money on the show.

Honestly we need to go back to a 2D animated aesthetic for the next show that isn't in flash animated either.....well unless it's done by Titmouse.

Otherwise hand drawn for me like Studio Mir and Voltron OR anime like Studio Trigger (they are the biggest Transformers fans in Japan)

>I can't imagine how expensive the show must have been to make.
$1.6m an episode.

I cringe at the fact it cost that much.

if it was hand drawn with that budget, goddamn now that would have been a beautiful show.

Humans make for a useful exposition target and audience surrogate, they can ask the dumb questions that the Transformers can pause, sigh, explain and continue with the episode.
You could do the same with say, a younger Transformer or something, but using a human means you're allowed a broader range of questions to ask.

>"We're wearing palette swaps of eachother's clothing!"
>"Vector Sigma, they didn't turn us into humans, they turned us into Seekers!"

>Older humans with defined personalities

You think this is why Jack wasn't so bad in TFP? I mean, sixteen is far from adulthood, but he also had a distinguished personality. also:

>Redneck automechanic

That's... kind of close to something I had imagined myself.

Though I normally throw in "war veteran" status too so they kind of have a bonding point with most autobots, potentially even Optimus depending on their old rank.

I dunno, I think TFA pulled off 'supervillains' well enough, since it was expressly used to keep Decepticons as rare but crescendo threats to things.

But, thinking about it, Autobots and Decepticons were basically Super Heroes/Super Villains in their own right.

>Each one had a gimmick
>Colorful appearance and personality
>They made Rodimus basically Green Arrow
>Blackout could cause EMPs with a stomp
>Blitzwing's fire and ice gimmicks
>you could fucking roll up Optimus or Megatron in City of Heroes/villains

For a 3D TV show, Prime bloody well is beautiful. The only thing I can think looks better is Star Wars: TCW and Lucas was funding that out of his own pocket and didn't give a shit how much it cost.

Most 3D TV shows of today STILL look cheap as fuck by comparison even years later.

>I dunno, I think TFA pulled off 'supervillains' well enough, since it was expressly used to keep Decepticons as rare but crescendo threats to things.
>But, thinking about it, Autobots and Decepticons were basically Super Heroes/Super Villains in their own right.
>>Each one had a gimmick
>>Colorful appearance and personality
>>They made Rodimus basically Green Arrow
>>Blackout could cause EMPs with a stomp
>>Blitzwing's fire and ice gimmicks
>>you could fucking roll up Optimus or Megatron in City of Heroes/villains

no i agree they worked for the show.

I'm just saying it wouldn't work in my personal continuity.

Not gonna happen. Specially when 3D mimicking 2D is getting better as time passes. Best example I've seen of this was from just a game made with an Unreal engine.

youtube.com/watch?v=mcXF-Ltv2D8

Animated was a superhero cartoon. The Autobots were literally the superheroes of Detroit

they were the superheroes of my heart too

yeah, funny how it took me so long to realize that.

I feel bad for Bumblebee in a way though. His electro-stingers never got any cool side effects (like when he and rachet crossed the streams to fight starscream, I was totally expecting an EMP effect) or utility uses and his speed was always outpaced by some other character.

Also, TFA had the best Omega Supreme.

So, more shows in the style of RiD?

I can live with that. Only thing I hate with RiD's style is that everyone is - and pardon the old meme - Ecks-Bawks HUEG.

Why do the Transformers series always focus on the humans?

>So, more shows in the style of RiD?
>I can live with that. Only thing I hate with RiD's style is that everyone is - and pardon the old meme - Ecks-Bawks HUEG.

Mine is that a lot of character have the same chest design as Prime Shockwave unless that's what you meant.

Nightbeat is black? Huhh... I always saw him as a sort of Humphrey Bogart...

Aww... And I never even watched it. This is a purely empathic awww.

>Animated is the 'Teen Titans Go' of Transformers shows

Can love exist between humans and robots?

>Nightbeat is black? Huhh... I always saw him as a sort of Humphrey Bogart...

I have a feeling it's cause JRo is a fan of Luther (Idris Elba)