Hey guys, stop criticizing Nick Spencer and other great comic creators like himself because it's harassment

Hey guys, stop criticizing Nick Spencer and other great comic creators like himself because it's harassment.

Other urls found in this thread:

nymag.com/selectall/2016/08/did-i-kill-gawker.html
nationalpost.com/afterword/spider-man-700-author-dan-slott-receiving-death-threats-for-killing-peter-parker
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go away D&C, we know you're just salty about marvel not hiring you

Lotta people liking his tweets. You're just salty because he's objectively one if the biggest names of his generation.

While I find the whole cyberbullying thing laughable, that doesn't seem to be what this guy's talking about. It's that people are making highly partisan reactions to creative media now, that seem to encourage or endorse violence against their creators or fans. That ain't cyberbullying.

And it is a problem, unfortunately. We've got this fucked up media war going on now between the horseshoe ends of the western political spectrum and they both get so incensed and derogatory that it's no surprise when they inspire people to go out and attack whoever for being badwrongthink.

Who's Nick Spencer by the way?

has this shit reached gamergate levels yet?

10 years ago i never would have guessed that gamers and comic book geeks would be the vanguard for resisting SJW psychopathy.

you can't stop crazy people from being crazy, whether or not they have youtube reviews to watch to tell them something is bad.

>Hydra Cap and Red Skull cosplay banned at conventions
>normies shitting on Hydra Cap and rejecting the entire Secret Empire crossover
>all this hate and attention and yet no new sales

Man, must be shitty to be Brevoort now, eh?

This is actually true and reasonable though. Nick is normally a tit on social media, but his point here is fair. This book is bad =/= the creator of this book is a bad person.

A guy that likes to antagonize fans and a real company man. He works for Marvel, a company that has come out and said they prefer it when their fans are angry because it means better sales. He also mislabels the competition and bad talks them over stuff that Marvel has done in the past/is also doing.

All OP?

if you look to the upper right corner there is a unique poster count for the thread.

That's the problem with Twitter: people with massive follower counts (like Spencer, ironically) can tag someone they don't like and set their attack dogs off without explicitly asking them to, maintaining plausible deniability.

Let's be real, we're not any fucking better about it.

>mfw peeps love cap and won't let this shit slide.
He' deserves it

>"Hey guys could you maybe not get personal with criticism?
>"You hear that fellas?! This guy can't handle my mature and valid criticisms!"

Why don't you take your "epic bantz" to Reddit where it'd be more appreciated.

Comic fans are too pussy to pull a gamergate

So said "Marvel's bulldog".

so, would you say that you are outraged?

I'm joking bruh, we all know who he is.

The point is, why is he important? Why do you feel the need to run a campaign against the things he says on the internet? He's not making any real decisions or influencing your life, he's just a dude who once wrote a fun book about Spider-Man villains. He does not matter. If you don't like what he has to say, ignore it.

By getting drawn into these silly internet culture wars you're just proving his point about bipartisanism in modern media and their fanbases. The guy has no effect on you, but you JUST GOTTA fight to please that little part of your brain that makes fighting feel satisfying.

Why do you think he left Twitter?

>16 posts by 13 posters

You're a faggot. Congratulations.

The current conflict in comics will never reach gamergate levels because the comic community is exponentially smaller than the gaming community. There are millions of gamers in the US alone. But comic enthusiasts are in the low thousands.

Nick Spencer is a weak bitch.

People have shit on their comics for a while.

Why are all these pros so shook right now?

>Gawker
Didn't that die because of a Hulk Hogan sex tape, not because of gamergate?

Tyler is truly our nigga

>This book is bad =/= the creator of this book is a bad person.
Nick Spencer IS a bad personal though. Gabby Rivera IS a bad person. These people are more concerned with their politics and antagonizing fans on social media, than they are with doing their jobs to sell books. These people are salting the earth with their agendas, and it can't continue on like this if we want the industry to be healthy again. Something's gotta give.

>And it is a problem, unfortunately. We've got this fucked up media war going on now between the horseshoe ends of the western political spectrum and they both get so incensed and derogatory that it's no surprise when they inspire people to go out and attack whoever for being badwrongthink.
It doesn't help that about a quarter of them are literally just bots.

in Max Read's autopsy, he talks about how Gamergate made them lose tons of advertiser money they needed to fight the case

nymag.com/selectall/2016/08/did-i-kill-gawker.html

Spencer's okay. At worst he has some political views you disagree with but that doesn't make him a bad person.

That picture is from 2014, look at the post date.¨

And Gawker didn't REALLY die, the main site actually called Gawker died and the picture that owned Gawker and all the other sites was dissolved, but every Gawker site except the main one was sold off and is, to my knowledge, still running to this day with the same staff.

Nick Denton, the tool that used to own and run Gawker, didn't even go personally bankrupt because of standard accounting jew magic

>and the picture that owned Gawker and all the other sites was dissolved

I don't know what the fuck was going on here

What I meant to write was

>And the company that owned Gawker and all the other sites was dissolved.

>The point is, why is he important?
>He does not matter.
He DOES matter when Marvel gives him control to influence and alter the major characters we as readers have been following for decades. When he writes things like Secret Empire, it causes significant damage to the brand. These characters we love aren't just toys in a box anyone can just do as they please with. They have to have some respect for these characters. Spencer has zero respect for these characters, and for readers.

Isn't this just some fag for Diversity and Comics resetting his IP though?

Like what the fuck is this post . It's like a twitter bot.

>Then it all went away. Gawker had taken a hit — thousands of dollars of advertising gone, at least. But in the weeks we’d been hemorrhaging advertisers and goodwill, stories in the New York Times and other outlets — the real media—and a segment on The Colbert Report made it clear that the Gamergaters were the bad guys in this case, not us. The sites went back to normal.
Sounds more like Gamergaters were just one roadblock on a trail of a lot of other fuckups.

He's not okay, but you're okay in my book for posting a crop from that trap doujin. Good taste, my dude.

Hulk finished it but gamergate definitely put a dent into them beforehand. The entire scandal ruined the publics perception of them and other media outlets. I remember hearing that gawker had a seven digit lost in income due to advertisers pulling at one point

What makes him not okay, my man? Was it the election?

thats my post, fag. I'm asking a question. It wasn't like this 2 years ago, even though we were still all shitting on the comics.

I can't imagine being over 20 and not finding shit like this image embarrassing beyond belief. This is literally "heh... don't mess with gamers" tier shit.

Nick Spencer is a fucking HACK

>ask yourself "Does this need to get this personal?"
Mm, words to live by.
If only Marvel would heed its own advice.

Imagine being this paranoid about people shitting on marlel

>It wasn't like this 2 years ago, even though we were still all shitting on the comics.

nationalpost.com/afterword/spider-man-700-author-dan-slott-receiving-death-threats-for-killing-peter-parker

Like I said here and here he's a bad personal for being selfish in prioritizing his politics over his service to the industry, an industry he doesn't respect. He doesn't care about anyone else but himself and proving himself right. He's egotistical, self-righteous, and delusional when it comes to the current state of the industry. He's a cancer, straight up.

>it causes significant damage to the brand

Don't be an idiot. Marvel's poor executive decisions are the only things damaging the brand.

Normies do not and will not ever give a shit about Hydra Cap or who is currently who in actual comics. They only care about the characters they see in movies, as they see them in movies. It doesn't hugely matter in the long term for comic fans either, because they're in the wise enough to know this stuff doesn't stick.

It's always the quality of the stories themselves that fucks things up long-term. Fans know that if they wait and ignore shit like Hydra Cap things will be back to normal soon enough. What pushes them away is continually poor writing. I'd argue that Civil War II hurt Marvel way more than this recent shitty event, on account of being mind-bogglingly unnecessary.

Death threats aren't anything new. I'm sure DC received death threats for killing Jason Todd back in the day, even though almost everyone hated him as Robin.

These are the same assholes who encourage their fans to hate whoever disagrees with you AND love to piss off their fans because it's "good for sales". Suddenly it's bad when THEY'RE on the receiving end? To quote someone who is part of their own peer group, "you made your bed, get fucked in it"

>trusting someone who refers to NYT as "real media"

Gamergate was a continuous roadblock for them. Some of their advertisers came back after some defense articles came out but the people who hated them were still really persistent in trying to fuck them up. Which was fairly easy since Gawker couldn't help but do the job for them half of the time

>Normies do not and will not ever give a shit about Hydra Cap or who is currently who in actual comics. They only care about the characters they see in movies, as they see them in movies.
This is true, but frankly I'm not concerned about normies. At this point in comics history, it's safe to say normies will never be interested in comics ever again. Comics are a niche market, and it's this niche community I'm concerned about. To us, the comic readers, this is what matters. This is OUR hobby, OUR pastime.

Yeah, Kirby and Simon got death threats for creating Captain America.

It's just that now it's infinitely easier to fire them off by the thousands, and to actually track someone down if you were the one in a million crazy that wasn't talking out of their ass.

That just sounds like a lot of buzzwords to say "I don't like his politics" desu. He just made a shittily written "Now the good guy is evil" arc.

I mean, this discussion doesn't really matter since all the Gawker websites still exist after being bought by Univision because big companies trump everyone else, no matter how autistic gamers are.

It seems US comics are in a downwards slump, even before the SJW bullshit. It doesn't seem sustainable in the long run.

I guess it just depends on how emotionally invested you are in comics. You don't seem to care much. That's fine. I want to see comics get better though. People like Spencer are preventing that from happening. To me, he's a villain. An antagonist, to be more accurate. I know that sounds melodramatic and makes me sound completely autistic, but that's how I view the issue.

Yes, agreed. And we for the most part only care about whether the actual writing is good or bad.

Marvel is bad right now because its editors are nonexistent and most of its writers are hacks with zero talent, and those that aren't are writing lazy executive mandate books about shit they don't care about.

Nick Spencer writing a silly story about Captain America being evil for a while isn't killing Marvel. Fans know that stories like this happen, they blow over, and everything goes back to normal. Marvel's entire current approach to writing comics is killing Marvel.

This would all be alleviated if people stopped using social media

No. We're seeing similar kinds of retardation, like that milkshake thing.

I think the closest was, fucking GI joe of all things, when that one writer decided it would be a good idea to get into an internet slap fight with black operation iraqui freedom veterans on Sept 11th.

>Nothin' personnel, SJWs.
Man, Gamergate cringe is a gift.

How? he's one of the few decent writers at marvel, shitty human being or not. Bendis, bergenza and slott do most of the damage.

>Marvel's entire current approach to writing comics is killing Marvel.
Agreed, but stories like Secret Empire are essentially tools Marvel uses to kill Itself.

>Bendis, bergenza and slott do most of the damage.
Yeah I agree with that. I group Spencer together with them all as one cancer, nonetheless. No "decent" writer has Secret Empire under their belt of accomplishments.

>That's the problem with YouTube: people with massive follower counts (like D&C, ironically) can tag someone they don't like and set their attack dogs off without explicitly asking them to, maintaining plausible deniability.

In all seriousness, I don't like extreme SJWs myself but D&C's obsessed crusade is at the point of extending to almost any comic featuring prominent female or minority characters.

Also he's an actual asshole in the way he treats others. I don't need a complete troll fighting for me.

Pandora's box has been opened. This will only blow over once Twitter shuts down one day.

So what is feminism cringe?
A double-gift, like a double-nigger capable of twice the cotton pickin?

>Dan Slott namesearches himself and Spider-Man everyday to pick fights with dissenters
>GOD US MARVEL WRITERS ARE BEING SO FUCKING ATTACKED

Twitter, due to its format, is infinitely worse than YouTube. I also have no idea who that is.

The entirety of Everyday Feminism and The Mary Sue.

DC got bombed by Hal Jordan fans
Look up HEAT

>I don't like extreme SJWs myself but D&C's obsessed crusade is at the point of extending to almost any comic featuring prominent female or minority characters.

This is not exclusive to one person.

A good chunk of people here hate these titles too. Because they are 99% shit.

While right Tyler is still an unfunny nigger so nothing he says matters

Nick Spencer is right. Why do you have to shit on the creators themselves so much? Why can't you fags just not like their work and leave it at that?

So in short, stop being assholes. Just because they're doing something you don't like doesn't mean you need to just totally shit on them personally and wish them harm.

Twiter is a liberal cesspool.

Read what he wrote. He's not talking about fans criticising his stories, he's talking about SJWs sending him death threats.

That's not GamerGate cringe. That's from a few years earlier, when it was still religious fundies trying to censor video games, so it was still popular to oppose censorship.

When has a comic book creator ever been injured by an online harasser? He's just being a little bitch like usual.

You do indeed sound melodramatic and completely autistic. It's shitty comics not a matter of life or death.

Man, capefags are a fucking gold mine.

When has a video game programmer ever been injured by a Gamergater?

It's been getting smaller and smaller for a long time now. It's funny because people had scavenged some Usenet-age postings when the crash hit saying something about "Byrne's 50,000 faithful", that this was as bad as it gets and it'd never get so bad, sales-wise.

50,000 nowadays is an absurdly healthy monthly. If people don't start looking at it as an industry and trying to court different demographics (and everyone already saw betting on SJWs was a dud) they'll just run it into the ground further and further until it just has to go away because the sustainability only dwindles with each decade.

Please do not agree with him. Spencer and his ilk eventually want to label mere disagreement with the liberal media establishment as terrorism.

I think what's more is even when they don't find a fight, they'll make one.
Like they'll just fly off the handle about how Peter being with MJ is anti-Marvel and anyone who supports it is a misogynistic, power fantasy lusting nerd who only sees the women Peter associates with as trophies and they have to be super model figures or they're worthless and yada yada, paraphrasing of course.

I get where he thinks he's coming from with that sort of thing, but his expression is needlessly hostile in general and then goes further by trying to directly point an insulting, accusing finger at PP+MJ fans without any valid reason for such an unsubstantiated projection of their reasons, just to basically make himself seem better for disagreeing with them and make them seem worse for having their preference at all or trying to defend it or request it to be re-established, effectively silencing any legitimate points made under.
>You're just a horny squealing pig.

Rather ironic as we'll soon get to.
So on top of all this he goes even further than beyond by creating what I can only politely call caricatures of what one would consider "diverse" representation of women. Not necessarily bad characters, but with traits that seem all too geared towards comforting male needs. Yes, I'm taking a page from his book, but with reason.

See if anything someone's intentions aren't expressed from what they say but what they do, and it only comes off as him being the one with suspicious preferences in Peter's women.

Fortunately a predator often learns how to camouflage its actions, and if he paints his shortstack kitchen work savvy and Korean nymphomaniac kick as just doing his part to give one to the under represented women, well then it's all the better.

Fuck that sort of thing.

Still mad over the backlash to Hydra Cap, eh Spencer?

>we're literally trying to kill the cultural fabric of the country through our work
>oy vey! stop yelling at us!

Having been on the receiving end of that seems to have red pilled him a bit.

A hypocrite, because he's saying this in response to criticism of his highly partisan comics which masquerade as balanced by erecting strawmen on both sides.

The far-left and the far-right are living strawmen.

Absurd you post that about one of the few non-Jewish comic writers.

Yep, this guy is a fucking tool.

That doesn't change what I said.
He's a hypocrite whining about strong partisan reaction to strongly partisan media.

That's a fake out. Nobody who believes that would later go on to tweet "don't say mean words about people in YouTube videos, they cause shootings at conventions".

Which is what he is saying now. It's the bait.

And you think that one of the new non-jewish writers wouldn't have to bend over backwards to fit in and not get blacklisted? Come on.

>The left will never be the cool dudes who were against censorship and for the expression of art in whatever form it came in

Man I miss the early 2000's

>someone has a different opinion
>must be a bot designed to attack my platform
jfc back to marvlel studios

We had the Christian moral panic about rock music and D&D in the 80s, it was the Clintons who fought against Mortal Kombat and other videogames in the 90s, then there was the stuff with Harry Potter from the right again, and now we page left-leaning SJWs doing their censorship thing. Go back further, you can find more examples of the pendulum swinging back and forth. It is never going to end, because ultimately this is actually about a mentality of controlling what others can do vs live and let live, not a question of left vs right.

I kinda hear that. He's probably surprised that his leftist book had a more violent partisan reaction from the far-left than it did from the right.

>violence against speech is bad
>threatening violence against speech is also bad

Not much of a contradiction

Don't worry, the pendulum will swing back again. The SJW wave will recede, and the right-wing will go back to their natural place as the chief censors.

You're an idiot who doesn't know anything about Spencer's past before he became a comic book writer. He's always been extremely political.

That or you're a ruseman. Harder to tell the difference every day.

because twitter deletes comments, shadowbans and doesnt let people who dont like him even read his tweets?
as a general rule for 10 sjws who support something only one buys it
for one comment you see against it 10 comments get deleted

he has more subscriptors than the average marvel comic has fans

Yeah it always has been more about authoritarianism than just left or right. But it both sides don't have any issues with engaging in authoritarian mentality lately as long as they can disguise it as a necessary evil just because the other side exist