Archie Sonic

In retrospect :

Where did it peak? When was it worst?

imo :

>the best
the lead up to #200

>The worst
pic related

Don't read much preboot, but will say which is the best and the worst arcs in the reboot.
>best
Champion
>worst
Some parts in Shattered World are boring

The worst was either the slap or that terrible issue where its Knuckles' wife and daughter having a gossipy sleep over with Sally and her kid. That shit was just mindblowing in how ridiculously out of place it was.

I'm going obscure; worst story is probably the Kodos arc. It's like 20 issues of even more fucking nothing than MXYL.

Nadir:
Sonic's world created by aliens half-assed genocide attempt

>When was it worst?

When "Many Hands" drew this issue. Even as a kid I knew something was really fucking wrong here.

To me, the peak was Enerjak Reborn. Almost all of Ian's stories since 160 were leading up to it.

>Best
Limit
>Worst
the one where Bunnie was raped by nanites

>Enerjak wasn't Remington
Booooo

There are multiple contenders for what the peak of the series was but I would consider #175-200 to be the absolute best era of the comics.

Worst is definitely the period from after the Sonic Adventure adaptation ended to shortly before Tossed in Space. Holy shit! Those issues look awful.

Trying to shoehorn game canon into the comics

I quit reading sometime after 50.

It just. Got weird.

For me it was the Mecha Madness story arc.

>Great story
>Great art
>High stakes plot
>3 intense fight scenes

Only bad thing about it was the last page when Sonic is arrested for treason and everyone just kind of goes along with it.

And just to emphasize the points of great art and fight scenes

>The "last page"
>Implying #40 isn't part of the arc just because Spaz didn't draw it
The whole arc was strong, you dork.

The whole trial was the weakest part of the arc and the semi-comedic tone clashed horribly with the Mecha Madness story.

The mid Sonic Universe arcs are the absolute peak.

>The Tails Adventure
>Treasure Team Tango
>The Silver Saga
>Lockdown

Fuckin 12/10 stories. The main comic was gold about this time, too.

Pick it back up at 160.

The slap was horrible miswriting of established characters, but it got so much worse in the dark ages than that.

>or that terrible issue where its Knuckles' wife and daughter having a gossipy sleep over with Sally and her kid.
OK, that I can agree with.

Holy fuck I have that exact issue still.

And I don't collect sonic comics anymore

Oh god, I can't believe I actually enjoyed this shit back in the day. Penders writing was the fucking worst.

He still is

>Anything after 160
>The worst

lolno.

How could anyone find anything about that cover appealing?

Self-delusion is one hell of a drug

There was some pretty shitty arcs after 160, my man

I think user's point is it can never be the WORST. And I wholeheartedly agree. Ian at his worst never scratched the dark ages.

There's such a thing as layers of bad. A "bad" Flynn arc is like a good Penders/Boellers arc. And there were few arcs I'd call "good from 50-160.

...like, 113 is a thing that exists.

Fair enough. HoC & MXYL were shit, but they weren't entirely his whole fault.

>Bunnie was raped by nanites

What

> And there were few arcs I'd call "good from 50-160.
I liked the Sonic in Space arc. Though it was resolved too soon and had the potential to be so much better, of course.

Honestly, I'm surprised that no one's done a start to finish Sonic storytime yet.

I remember there was some talk about it when we first heard that that it might be canceled, but an user said to wait till we knew for sure. Now that we do know for sure it seems anyone who talked about it got cold feet.

That one is worse than MXYL arc by a mile.

Then there was Green knuckles, Sonic goes to High school and gets into a love triangle, The chaotix get high on LSD and then blaxplotation happens (Which was probably so bad it's good). I could fucking go on, man.

I've been pushing for one for a long time, but TC's probably not into doing it. We need a new conductor, a new warm body willing to give up their lives to the ride.

>That one is worse than MXYL arc by a mile.
You may have to specify. I don't really know the arcs by abbreviation.

>We need a new conductor, a new warm body willing to give up their lives to the ride.

Sorry, I've already given my life to storytiming Sonic comics from DA. It's taken years off my life.