This is the most comic book event since Multiversity

This is the most comic book event since Multiversity.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/dark-nights-metal-1-sells-262000-copies-more-than-rebirth-1/
comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/writer-artist/scott-snyder
www19.zippyshare.com/v/tR4JTJaa/file.html
www26.zippyshare.com/v/6neR56Cv/file.html
www2.zippyshare.com/v/Ple0YpD1/file.html
www1.zippyshare.com/v/ENFVrNVb/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Multiversity wasn't an event

So far Babyseid throwing those horns is the biggest metal moment.

Kill yourself, Snyder. Literally DC Bendis.

Too bad it's being written by The Bendis of DC, but Batfags will defend it and say that it's the best thing ever

No user.
Batfags are disgusted by Snyder and dissapointed by King.
I still have three Bat-title's on my pull because it's worth $20 a month to keep making you and your ilk salty.

I have a question: If I thought that the Forge and the Casting were terrible written pretentious batwank, will I like the actual event any better? On the one hand, I don't want to be list on what's happening to the rest of the books, but at the same time, I dislike Snyder as a writer

The first two issues of Metal have been much, much better than The Forge and The Casting, despite the continued Batwank. It's glorious, completely insane comic book schlock.

Isn't Johns the Bendis of DC?
Snyder is using old bits of canon and old characters who have been missing for years, so he is already doing a better job than "forgets what happened 6 pages before" Bendis

Still bearable then Strawman: The event sequel.

Actually, I'm currently pulling Batman because of King, but I will admit that I am way disappointed in War of Jokes and Riddles, but everything else has been enjoyable. I should also say that I'm not a fan enough of Batman to be called a Batfag, however, Snyder is on my black list of writers (with Bendis and Slott) because of Death of the Family.

I don't know, how do you feel about expanding the Bat-family?

Redpill me on Babyseid.

Im partly torn about this entire thing myself. On one hand, I can appreciate pulling in people like Plastic Man, Mister Terrific, and so on. On the other, its fucking Snyder, who cant write for shit and is acting like his previous stories were leading to this.

he goo goos
he ga gas

That's like saying "still more bearable than having a monkey with AIDS throw his feces at your face", which is not saying anything at all.

Resurrecting Darkseid via Anti-Life equation followed by using Superwoman's baby as a vessel.

Rhinoceros beetle
Spiral staircase
Pear tart

I'm both a Batfag and a heavy metal fan and this whole event pisses me right the fuck off. It's horrible batwank and validates every criticism people who don't like metal make about metal.
It's juvenile, pretentious, overly complicated while at the same time lacking any depth or subtlety.

Kinda does when even Bendis is worse than Snyder.

It's a fig tart. Now you'll never reach heaven.

I think I just realized what's bothering me about it. It's a goddamn parade of fanservice to help you ignore the shit writing and Batwank

It's still shit.

new best robin , best boy ?

Snyder can make all the continuity references he want
This event will continue to be nothing more than exposition and batman being superior to every character.
Is written by a 5 year old to be enjoyed by 5 year old fans. It's childish, edgy, and makes basic writer mistakes. SHOW, don't tell. Stop with the buzzwords. Don't waste 80% of every issue in pointless "cool" scenes about batman. Its NOT that hard to write a good comic, why do events suck this much?
Also, OP kill yourself for that "comic book event" shit

I was coming here to make a thread about pic related but I guess I'll just bump your own thread.

>WE WUZ SPACE MARINES AND SHIET NOOWWW

Nah I've noticed this because the Teen Titans tie-in book was better than the actual event. So the event works without Snyder who just can't fucking write.

"The DARKness is COMING TO the METALIURIUM of the MIRROR behind the DARK that is DARK!"

Metal takes everything I love in DC and puts it all into one dumb-ass event. I'm really torn over it. Especially as an aspiring writer for DC and Hawkman specifically. Like they're fucking up Hawkman even more. It's a bigger mess I'm going to have to untangle if I ever land my dream job...

Me too. It's taken all the things I love in DC, Hawkman, Plastic Man, Vandal Savage, Red Tornado, Blackhawks, DREAM/SANDMAN....

And it's in this retarded ass plot by a retarded writer who's literally a pain to read. Y u dis 2 us DC? Seriously. It's like your favorite dish being prepared by someone who can't fucking cook.

>everything I love in DC
Except "concepts" don't mean anything, it's how you use them that counts.
This event is written like shit by an amateur. It references a lot of silver age cool concepts but in reality is about a lot of edgy versions of batman that will get a lot of toys. All the cool stuff is in name only. It doesn't matter. Batman matters.
You shouldn't be "torn" about this, it's shit.

>You shouldn't be "torn" about this, it's shit.

You're right. I guess I'm torn because I want to support the use of certain characters and concepts... But not like this... not like this...

I hate myself but some of those Evil Batmen would make good figures to display

Only thing retarded is "muh batman" everything else is fine.

>everything else
There is nothing else
The event is just about batman. Random characters popping up in panels doesn't make them part of the story. The don't do anything and don't matter

So am I the only one who likes most of Snyder's works? Besides Death of the Family and the whole "Jim is Batman now" thing I liked his run on New 52 Bats a lot, endgame is one of my favourite stories about Batman. So far Metal seems pretty good to me, the writing in both Dark Days titles was top notch, and the first issue of Metal is actually interesting and seems to actually respect all the characters, having them act the way you'd expect.

Granted there's a few silly things here and there (thinking about the explanation for the dark multiverse for example, which was just pathetic) but really it's just a couple of bad points on an overall pretty good comic. There's also the fact that Snyder seems to love the concept of Batman being super important and just ridiculously op but I don't really midn that, as long as it's well written it's actually cool most of the time.

I see some people complain about excesive text and how he doesn't follow the "show, don't tell" rule but I find the balanced between what's told and what's shown to be quite good, and for what's worth what's told is well exposed so I don't really see the problem.

With all of this said, I don't like the "bat demons" idea at all, I think Snyder should have gone with some more Lovecraftian ideas here and added actual multiverse-threatening demons.

They were probably designed to be toys so that makes sense
Now, I think it would be retarded to buy those toys and would harm the industry but ok

Well Multiversity wasn't an event

The entire half of Metal #1 is a battle against Mongul robots.
In that battle there is not a single act that is not explained by dialogue. Every thing the characters do in every scene is explained. The pictures are pointless because you can see the full battle just by reading the words.
That is not "balanced", that's just wrong.
Also, that fight is pointless to the plot. A big part of Metal is how Snyder WASTES the issues. Issue 2 is about a pointless persecution of batman dopplegangers.

Just how self-aware this story is? If they are playing batmanium and babyseid straight, it is automatically shit. If not, i'll try it.

Everything is serious and dark. It takes itself very seriously.

and it's still terrible

Depends what you men by playing it straight. I mean Batman is playing it straight in universe but the writers know that it's all ridiculous.

No it doesn't

Endgame was shit given the amount of bullshit Joker got away with, especially the Justice League stuff. Personally I'm tired of edgy Joker and every one of his appearances being a big goddamn deal. I miss Joker doing random shit for laughs but again that's personal opinion. The problem with Snyder is his constant fake outs, his monologues, and shit being of little consequence. He had a chance to make Endgame be the ultimate Joker prank, where he would create a legend to rival Batmans, but instead he pulled this not Lazarus pit shit and gave Joker temporary healing powers

I'm a big fan of his Swamp Thing run.

How is it all serious and dark, like says, and do authors present it like some 2dip4u psychological character study? Or are they focused on the METL awesomeness straight from Manowar album covers and Batman is serious just because he supposed to be that way?

It's objectively the best DC event in 10 years.

Yes it is better than Final Crisis.

It will sell better than Final Crisis.

It will be better reviewed than Final Crisis.

It's simply better.

I see how that part of the book was not very good, in fact Metal #1 is not nearly as good as either of the Dark Days titles, I have not yet read Metal #2 so can't comment on that one.

The thing is, even though the dialogue is a little too over-exposive at times (and outright stupid at others), the general plot and the development of it seems pretty good to me, there's also some moments that show the writer actually cares about the characters, like when the JL arrives at Gotham and each character instantly reacts doing what you'd expect them to do.

I think we clearly want different things out of Joker's character, I liked Endgame because the story of Joker being "The Pale Man" who had been around for longer than Batman was surprising, terrifying in it's own way and somehow made the character bigger, it also added to the idea of Joker not caring about anyone, after all, he is inmortal. That's one of the things I didn't like about Metal, that Snyder revealed Joker =/= The Pale Man. I guess we'll have to wait for King to use the "three Jokers" thing, maybe we'll all get the character we want.

Dark Days had some Lovecraftian themes and cosmic horror but Metal seems to be putting those themes in the background in favor of more crazy stuff, I haven't read issue #2 but in the first issue the JL uses mechs to from a Voltron robot and at one point Batman escapes from a building mounting a dinosaur.

it's completely ridiculous and hard to take seriously, but bogged down by Snyder's usual over-exposition and ripping-off Morrison turned up to 11

it's filled with so many ridiculous concepts and occurrences that it's hard to believe Snyder is trying to write a serious story, but there's no moments of the story winking at audience to let us know that he's in on the joke that one might find in a Morrison comic.

>is not nearly as good as either of the Dark Days titles
Every dark day title was like that
All the characters are confused/useless except Batman
Everything is over-exposition, there is no action, and when there is, they explain it with words.
It's just worst than Bendis

I can agree with this. I think we should remind ourselves that writers have strengths with certain styles/characters. Take King for instance, his current run is shit but his Elmer Fudd issue was great. Except for Bendis, he's just shit

That's an edit. Everyone in story not named "Batman" thinks that Batman using Baby Darkseid to Omega sanction himself into the past to prevent the invasion from happening is the dumbest fucking idea.

>Wanting a legit supernatural Joker
Fuck off with your shit taste

It doesn't need you fags to support it.

It outsold Rebirth

comicsbeat.com/dark-nights-metal-1-sells-262000-copies-more-than-rebirth-1/

For me is not so bad, I usually start reading the events more or less expecting some kind of shit and DC usually delivers what I expected but Marvel lately is more shit that I expect

Metal: I know it will have tons of batwank and obviously it has it, but I am prepared and focus in the rest...and is fun.

Secret Empire: I was expecting Captain America being evil, some cosmic cube shenaningan final issue....but I get a bigger shit feast that I was expecting.

Forever Evil...Villains hype and some bullshit about the JLA being neutralized...and luthor/sinestro/cold etc. gang was fun

Civil War 2: Tony being the good guy and some kind of strange point of view to make Carol look as the good guy....but I got another shit feast of inhumans bullshits and poochy ending

etc. etc.

Will the batgod win?

Not everything has to be action, and honestly you're talking as if there was a damn narrator telling everything that happened. There's more words than your average comic but it's decently written. Pic related for example was a very cool scene, and it went on to actually using the characters in a smart way that takes into account who they are, with Hal using one of Batman's planes when his ring fucks off

Scott Snyder is one the more popular the critically acclaimed writer in the industry.

comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/writer-artist/scott-snyder

The combined White Supremacist mad a Black Robin and Morrison Fags mad that Snyder replaced Daddy are the only contrarians who really hate Snyder.

Honestly I don't keep up with the industry much more nowadays, too much talk about politics when they should be talking about comics, I can stomach a little but in the end it's all a bit depressing. It's one of the reasons I stopped reading Marvel.

There a scene of Vandal Savage, The Wizard, Ras, and Uncle Sam in the Darth Vader head Legion of Doom base talking about firing the Anti-Monitor's Brain at the Rock of Eternity to Destroy the Dark Multiverse.

Trust me the people behind this event know it's ridiculous.

BleedingCool has written about how DC Editorial is Butthurt that the book isn't as Grim and Serious like Forever Evil.

But Snyder is their highest selling writer so he is immune from Editorial.

Yeah how did they even get to... where they were with Mongul? Did I miss something? I think I didn't read something before that because it was just "HEY LOOK GLADIATOR FIGHT WELP NOT ANYMORE!"

Can the Hall of Doom please be a regular thing again? I want Lex to take it over and start recruiting. Captain Cold is slowly becoming Central City's crime lord, and Black Manta has NEMO

>Grim and Serious like Forever Evil
They consider Forever Evil grim and serious?

It's explained in the dialogue during the fight, iirc one of them mentions they were there investigating why Mongul was free and what happened to the people who had him imprisoned

Holy shit this sounds amazing

that's the issue: it SOUNDS awesome, but the execution is severely lacking

It's guilty of passing over a lot of these cameos and it kind of falls apart considering half of these people wouldn't share a room with the others. There was next to no conflicts between these immortals

DC called some of the moments "face-melting", is that true because if so I'd buy all the issues and send pics.

only if faces can melt from laughter

Jesus christ just spend the 4 dollars and read it

>buying comics
>buying FLOPPIES
I see you, DC intern

>BleedingCool has written about how DC Editorial is Butthurt that the book isn't as Grim and Serious like Forever Evil.

That sounds like bullshit for clicks to me

Yea but did you see that cover where the Justice League's positioning looked like devil horns? Totally METAL WHUARGH YEA ROCKING DUDE.

>figure

Congratulations, you are the entire reason this event exists.

Anyone else annoyed when writers basically dump a laundry list of awesome characters into a plot for nothing else but fanservice and have zero contribution to the plot? Yes, Snyder, I love Plastic Man, Doctor Fate, and Red Tornado too, BUT FUCKING DO SOMETHING WITH THEM. Its like dangling keys in front of the reader so they dont notice how fucking stupid the plot is

Plastic Man will be used as he has a Dark Matter book and Tornado was in Challengers who will also have a book. Tornado was relevant to the plot last issue. Just chill out man. Just because something doesn't happen immediately doesn't mean it wont

He's trying to develop the Anti-Nap equation

The most what?

wheres this pic from?

>Especially as an aspiring writer for DC and Hawkman specifically
hahahahaha
Holy fuck that is some funny delusions.

I agree. Large scale- I would prefer little wank over characters known for planning 8dchess, but I'll gladly take over-characterization and plot armor over FUCKING moral relativism and deconstruction (marvel)

Civil War 2 and Secret Empire were separate? And over? I completely skipped both those. Can I get a quick summary of how they played out?

Dont laugh at his aspirations you shit. Every charecter deserves a good run, id be pissed if Snyder shit on my fav as well.

oh wait.. he has

Dark Days - The Casting 001 (2017) (digital) (3 covers) Oroboros-DCP)
www19.zippyshare.com/v/tR4JTJaa/file.html

Dark Days - The Forge 001 (2017) (digital) (3 covers) (Oroboros-DCP)
www26.zippyshare.com/v/6neR56Cv/file.html

Dark Nights - Metal 001 (2017) (digital) (6 covers) (Oroboros-DCP)
www2.zippyshare.com/v/Ple0YpD1/file.html

Dark Nights - Metal 002 (2017) (digital) (4 covers) (Oroboros-DCP)
www1.zippyshare.com/v/ENFVrNVb/file.html

Laughing at underage shits talking about what they want to be when they grow up is 100% acceptable.

Finch and Danny Miki look like that?

But seriously, that's a great pic. They're still improving and evolving.

Doctor Fate is also supposed to have a mini as well (and somehow be relevant to something in the future) - in fact, I believe pretty much all of the people who have been brought up (or referenced such as Carter Hall) are either going to be relevant to the plot, are set up for a proposed mini/on going or some such, or will be used at some point further down in Metal (or it's tie-in issues).

that probably one of the textless previews from a future solicit report, just do a reverse image search if you want more specifics

>Resurrecting Darkseid via Anti-Life equation followed by using Superwoman's baby as a vessel

e.g. retarded rethreads from Darkseid War and Forever Evil

Which is why Johns really isn't >the Bendis of DC

The DIFFERENCE is that The Cereal Lord reuses and rehashes HIS own shitty ideas because HE wants his fan fiction to become THE CANON.

Snyder wants to be viewed in the same vein as Morrison. At least he's not just pulling from his own stuff and when he pulls from his own stuff, he's doing it in a good way, not doing the easy and the obvious. As others have said, he's just not the best writer around.

That doesn't mean batshit crazy can't be entertaining and fun. Essentially and almost literally pulling out babyseid from the equivalent of his utility belt was about as glorious as comics can get in this day and age.

Wait for duke to turn up and then Sup Forums will turn against this event super hard and you will see 100 shitposting threads.

Plastic Man probably will be used

more egregious is Swamp Thing

he literally tried to make up some bullshit about how his Batman run led directly to Metal

Capullo just wants people talking about him drawing Swamp Thing because he really, really wants to do a mini. Everytime he talks about his 12 issue contract at DC (6 being Metal) he mentions ST, and even commented about it when Wein died.

No mini has actually been confirmed yet.

I don't know where to begin with this stupid post. Johns isn't reusing his ideas, he's writing a story. Of course it's becoming the canon, so is everything anybody writes in comics. "Pulling from his own stuff" is the worst criticism I've ever seen when used in reference to a consistent plot thread.
Snyder is the one who tries hard to leave his mark on everything. In the last 3 or 4 issues he's introduced an entire new multiverse and declared the origin of all metahumans.

>Yes it is better than Final Crisis.
>It will sell better than Final Crisis.
>It will be better reviewed than Final Crisis.

>Batfags are disgusted by Snyder

As a Batfag I have no problem with Snyder, though I will say the best thing about his run was Capullo on art.

>reusing his ideas, he's writing a story

potatoe potato

In the same exact fashion as he got WB Animation to film WAR based on the first arc of his New 52 JL run, and THRONE OF ATLANTIS and FLASHPOINT PARADOX and is now having four of the DCEU movies based on (e.g. story by) his arcs, is exactly what I mean by Johns tries to work so that his OWN story points/arcs, etc. are what becomes THE canon. I'm not talking about Rucka being the current WW writer and changing the New 52 run and Perez doing yadda yadda for his and so forth and so on.

I'm talking about making HIS fan fiction become the default version across ALL MEDIA to the broadest possible audience in the most ego-centric manner possible while passing it off as the kind of this you are Being your way into an apology.

>new multiverse ... origin of all metahumans

As for your last sentence, I'm not disagreeing with you, but he's mostly leaving his mark on the Bat books and I personally could give two fucks about it. Personally, I find what you're talking about annoying as fuck and find it abominable that the editors at DC are letting him get away with it, but since so many chunks of Convergence and Multiversity have ended up being tissue paper over the past 12-18 months, I suspect that two years from now, those two things will be comparable tissue paper

I really enjoy Snyder's run. It's a fun Batman run with great art and I really love the Riddler part of Zero Year. If it had been a Riddler story and not a "New Year One" it would be one of my favorite Batman stories.

Notice that they're all new 52 stories. It just so happens that that's what the DC animation is being based on, and Johns was very prominent throughout that. If they were making Infinite Crisis and Green Lantern Rebirth movies as well I'd be more inclined to agree with you. As it is I don't get the feeling that Johns is forcing himself anywhere, he's just DC's big name at the moment and gets put on all the big stories.

Take your bets
Plastic Man's return.

I was unaware of the tie-ins. Still it feels as though Snyder is throwing a lot at the reader

There are two sets of four issues for crossovers (Teen Titans, Green Arrow, Nightwing, Suicide Squad as one story, and four others for another that I can't remember).

More importantly, there are books spinning out of this even in a new sub-line called "Dark Matter." One of those books is called "The Terrifics starring Mr. Teriffic, Plastic Man, Phantom Girl, and Metamorpho (Literally ripping of Fantastic Four because Marvel isn't using them).
It is a lot, but they are trying to lay the groundwork for another imprint