SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #13 Jumps 8 Years & Brings In New Creative Team For MARVEL LEGACY

newsarama.com/36007-amazing-spider-man-renew-your-vows-13-jumps-to-annie-s-teenage-years-in-marvel-legacy.html
> AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #13
>JODY HOUSER (W) • NICK ROCHE (A)
>Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
>EIGHT YEARS LATER Part 1
>Jump eight years into the future with the web-slinging and wall-crawling Spider-Man family! Peter Parker and Mary Jane’s super-powered daughter, Annie, is now in high school. But when this teen isn’t in class, she’s swinging through the streets with her parents. After all, keeping New York safe from super villains is a family affair! But what new threat has emerged to menace the wall-crawlers?

>no stegman
>no conway
>remove all the charm and appeal of the book
why is marvel so retarded? I loved Mayday, but this is retreading old ground.

worst of all
>time skip, but dont fix MJ's fugly ass costume
>no more MJ-venom

Other urls found in this thread:

mindeclipse.com/#portfolio
cbr.com/moneypenny-1-review-dynamite-james-bond/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh wow! Jody Houser! - t. Nobody

she wrote Faith over at Valiant
never heard of it before though
mindeclipse.com/#portfolio

looks like she wrote the James Bond Moneypenny book too:
cbr.com/moneypenny-1-review-dynamite-james-bond/

Replace Stegman with an artist who's only work for Marvel is two "New Warriors" fill-ins. Replace Conway with a woman who never wrote for the big two before. Force a time skip despite a having a ton of unfinished plot lines left to explore.

I really don't want to jump when Normies Jr is barely taking the mantle

She's doing Mother Panic at DC.

>never wrote for the big two before
She's the writer of Mother Panic.

>she wrote Faith over at Valiant
Is that the fat super hero Faith?
That's not particularly well written. It's not awful but it's not good either. At least not to me.

Is it good enough that I should I raise my expectations?

It's the worst Young Animal book, but the worst Young Animal book is still better than most of the Rebirth books, so take from that what you will.

It's solidly alright.

Should peter even be doing this crud anymore? He would be like what 48? Even maydays dad settled down for his family

So I'm guessing they only did a timeskip to give a annie a love interest?

Didn't Mayday's dad lose a leg after killing Norman Osborn again?

Except Reddit. They were alright with it.

right, in MC2, peter loses his lower leg fighting norman. same battle where Ben dies, iirc

MC2 pete settled down cause he was practically handicapped.

I think Peter is only early thirties pre-timeskip though, so he isn't tooooo old, but really it makes more sense for Annie to just take over being spider-man PERIOD.
gives a sense of continuity, and doesn't let people know that the original spider-man is getting old.
probably.
Teenage Annie May is cool, but I'd rather we'd have just progressed to that naturally, instead of doing a time skip.

MJ and Mayday ugly costumes look much uglier next to peter costume

>MJ's costume
>Fugly
MJ's Costume is sex

MJ's shoe/boot/foot things are fucking gross

Time skip?
Didn't the last issue end on this cliffhanger?
Are they just gonna gloss over that or did I skip an issue?
dat anime tho

time skip starts in issue 13 which comes in december
we've still got a couple issues before it takes place

Considering it takes place from one more day, which in continuity was a number of years ago, Peter would go from late twenties to late 30s, probably 40 at the oldest. Plus we don't know how his superpowers affect his development.
The better question is how MJ still looks like she's 25.

>The better question is how MJ still looks like she's 25.
maybe she has a little bit of black or asian in her

>Spider-Man is the only one with a full face mask
But why?

>Jump eight years into the future
aaaaaaaand I'm fucking out. Way to sabotage your only good book Marvel. Now they'll be able to point to it and say it doesn't sell.

>JODY HOUSER (W)
F

Marvel really wants this comic dead doesn't it?

RYV is stupid shit for fucking petty wankers?

I mean it's been dumb as a sack of cat hair since the get go. I love Conway and Stegman both, but this has just been shit

How will we know somebody is a girl if we can't see their lipsticked lips and hair?

The sex appeal is obviously a big part, but giving the characters different silhouettes is also an important design behavior if they're going to be present in the same book and panels. Pete already has the complete head-to-toe skintight covering, so changing that look a bit by exposing the hair is an easy way to differentiate two characters with an otherwise similar appearance.

Obviously it's an awful idea from the secret identity point of view, though. A tiny domino mask and nothing else was always a hilariously shitty way to hide who you are. I've always liked how Spinnerette did it - her "exposed" hair is actually a differently colored wig that's part of the costume.

>They drop MJ Venom after she basically bullied the symbiote into submission

I bet they'll have bullshitted a way to give MJ's shitty old Regent Tech costume back complete with powers, but minus the drain on Spidey's own powers.

MJ Venom was a perfect opportunity for them to give her a better costume, make the symbiote relevant again, and get rid of that fugly white and red costume.

We could have had future issues of MJ playing therapist to the Symbiote and work through its issues with Peter, but NOOOOO, nuMarvel's fucking retarded.

>tfw costumed sex between Peter and MJ with the symbiote never ever

;---; everything to listed was everything I wanted user
>MJ Venom was a perfect opportunity for them to give her a better costume, make the symbiote relevant again, and get rid of that fugly white and red costume.
>We could have had future issues of MJ playing therapist to the Symbiote and work through its issues with Peter, but NOOOOO, nuMarvel's fucking retarded.

quick!! maybe we can tell the new writer and she'll be smart enough to fix it

What the fuck? Why would you do this?

You can see her in Venomerse.