Alan Moore's Supreme

Part 2

Part 1:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LZFlOESkqcE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And trust me, it's not as edgy as that cover makes it look.

I've enjoyed that instead of "Silver Age characters now have to face the cynical modern world", it's actually the characters just dealing with time passing and looking back on the past.

They do pretty much the same thing in the past and present: fight bad guys and get into strange adventures, the present just has slightly more edge to it. Slightly.

>Judy Jordan learned kung fu and became involved with women's rights
Agent Diana Prince?

Some Ditko shit

Is there like a reading order or something for the whole universe Supreme takes place in? I don't even really know any of the other titles of this universe, but I'm assuming Liefeld couldn't help but build a universe of titles around this.

I was looking for one, but couldn't find anything. As far as I can tell it's basically just Youngblood and its spinoffs and Supreme, up to Judgment Day, and then the rest of Moore's Supreme and his Youngblood revamp.

Designated Dave might show up and give a better answer.

I thought Fisherman was supposed to be Aquaman, but he seems to actually be Green Arrow.

That's pretty much just the gist.

Pre-Moore you had stuff like the the Kid Supreme mini and the truncated Lady Supreme/Probe series. It's all...fairly scattershot.

Oh yeah, he's Green Arrow, and he's fantastic. A lot of it stems from the attempts to make Green Arrow relevant in silver age JLA stories and it's awesome.

While Sprouse is great, I always miss the more angular aesthetic.

Sadly it's only double sized because of an art gallery

This reminds me of that one infamous page from New 52 Superman, except while that was horrible this is cute

Superman #247 is the famous and great Elliot S! Maggin story "Must There Be A Superman?"

Thanks guys, so it's just Young Blood and Supreme, basically. Is Supreme before Moore pure shit, or is it at least bearable to read? And how is Young Blood? I'm assuming Liefeld era was shit, but it had different writers afterwards, right? Were they any good?

Well Youngblood and the many spin-offs, but those represent the two "branches".

And as for how bearable it is...not entirely. At it's best it's inoffensive, at it's worst it's a slog.

Youngblood has it's moments, moreso than pre-Moore Supreme.

I imagine Youngblood at least has the novelty of being Liefeld at his most Liefeld.

DUDE WOMEN AMIRITE

Yeah, and like someone else said, a few of the one-offs are pretty fun.

>We wondered if your hubby could bio-engineer a straing of grass that doesn't need cutting?
LMAO

>BvS

Thanks Dave, okay then, fuck it, I'll just read the Supreme being storytimed now, and nothing else at least for a while. This seems like the best thing to do.

Also, thanks for the storytime Texas user.

Jesus christ

The previous series has literally no bearing at all on this one except for some throwaway lines at the beginning, so you're not missing anything.

I plan on going back to it out of curiosity, but this here is considered an all-time classic, whereas the previous runs are considered... not.

I am supremely triggered!

Well, it does get touched a bit upon in Blue Rose, but that's really for a one scene thing that works as well without context.

youtube.com/watch?v=LZFlOESkqcE

K I N O

>MoS

Let the guy get his rocks off!

He's gonna fuck a giant statue? Kinky.

LOL

Hire this girl, DC!

>I can be your angle... or yuor devil

We need more Peter Parker kind of shenanigans with Superman desu, except instead of his love interests being annoying harpies, it's Clark's fault because he keeps dropping his spaghetti.

Not even Superman expies are free of the red eyes curse!

>Great Kirby's cigar!
Heh

Supreme spitting truth. And it wasn't just heroes, villains too. Liefeld's character names make me laugh to this day.

Lois Lane is one of my favorite Silver Age comics because of just how incredibly insipid it is.

Also
>foot-long superweiners

It's the X-Men syndrome, they made one-word names popular in the first place.
Of course, they weren't the first to use them, but it's no doubt they popularized them. Now, where the odd misspellings came from I have no idea.

>It's just your female imagination!

LMAO

This is like my Strange Transformations of Jimmy Olsen TPB.

The Televillain has the best scene in all of Moore's Supreme.

>comic with Liefeld created character criticizing Liefeldian tropes

He also has the best scene in BR

Loli of Murder

What a tweest!

>that funny black man is the one that scares him most
Wow