Why do you watch children's cartoons?

Why do you watch children's cartoons?

In my case, due to the conditions I had growing up, I never had the same experiences must kids had. A bit into my teen years, it caused a psychologically scarring effect that could only be healed by interacting with children (about 10 and under, not other teenagers). While I had the opportunity to do so, I didn't become consciously aware of the problem until I was 20, and by then, I was too old to hang around 10 year olds without appearing super duper creepy.

As a result, I've become bitter and spend my spare time watching cartoons and relating to child characters and their experiences.

What's YOUR story anons?

There's nothing else on TV that's enjoyable for me.

I dunno to be honest, OP. I'm the perfect example of a NEET, living with my parents, and watching Children's animation. I watch other stuff too but I love cartoons, and prefer posting on Sup Forums than on Sup Forums.

I never really talked about that with my shrink, but I guess in many ways I'm the "arrested development cartoon watcher" meme.

I like to see what characters I can masturbate to which is usually all of them.

>A bit into my teen years, it caused a psychologically scarring effect that could only be healed by interacting with children (about 10 and under, not other teenagers).
You didn't have crushes on teenage girls?

No, just some of the children I hung out with.

Pretty much no. The most I felt was "Puppy Love", other than that I'm Asexual. I do still get the urge to play with my penis though.

But... how were you not *physically* attracted to teen girls at the time? That's the part I don't get.
For most teen guys it's like a fucking magnet.

It's art, mang.
It transcends age,
Art makes us whole.

>I watch other stuff too
Not me, I only watch cartoons. Some of those cartoons are aimed at adults, but still cartoons nevertheless.

I do watch live action YouTube videos if that counts.

Because I like them.

I'm autistic and hate having to look at 3D humans. 2D is much more aesthetically pleasing and doesn't make me want to look away when an awkward situation is happening.

I just love animation.

Also I have a bit of what posted, as real people on tv bother me at times. Like, I can see real people "all" the fucking time. Why do I need to spend my free time watching real people do things? Why not something new that can't be done in real life?

Also, whenever I marathon a comedy show like The Office or American Vandal, I sometimes have this weird feeling that I'm watching a cartoon, maybe because the characterizations are so cartoony. I even dream that it was a cartoon after all, so there might be something there.

Because I like it. Why does anyone do anything?

I started gathering interest in animation/cartoons during my teenage years, even if I already watched cartoons since I kid, I didn't was that interested for the subject and most of my memories from that time are vague, it wasn't until my teens that I get interested mostly because of the internet, I had always be kind of asocial, not exactly because I didn't know how to interact, but because I generally don't enjoy spending time around people, so I spended most of my time with my hobbies, which one of them is animation, I started with the contemporary kids stuff I watched on TV and as I grew up and mature I started watching more adult stuff, but without leaving with the kids stuff, which with the internet I started getting into more old things or things that they didn't pass in my country.

Even now with my current age (19), I'm still attached to this "immature" hobbies, where I can't actually talk about them with others my age outside the internet (I don't really keep them in secret, but it's something I generally don't mention very often with other people, because they see it as childish).

So this, I watched children's cartoons because is something I really enjoy.

Because modern sitcoms and televised series are full of dull seriousness and the shitty western sense of humor that's only amusing in isolation, and tiring in the long run.

Cartoons generally don't have their heads shoved up their asses nearly as much.

I personally always had an affinity for animation as a kid, real life shows and movies were so much less interesting than animated content which filled me with wonder but as I got older and my favorite shows as a kid were ending one by one and I never picked up new shows because they looked stupid and immature because I was enterint that age where you feel you have to be mature and clearly show it despite actually still being in actuality a kid.
Next thing I knew I wasn't watching any cartoon other than more mature comedies like KotH or Futurama along with mostly anime but then anime got uglier and less interesting year by year and the content more narrow and then I quit that too.
I would occasionally babysit my nephews and nieces they would occasionally watch cartoons like Flapjack and Avatar, which I found entertaining the little bits that I caught, than on a whim I still wanted to watch animation but anime wasn't doing it for me, I torrented the Avatar series and it brought back the sense of wonder, creativity and imagination I felt with animation as a kid.
Then Adventure Time and that did the same it wasn't a fluke, they had fun, unique ideas I found lacking in anime at the time, next thing you know I'm watching cartoons on the regular, well at least the ones that are well written and don't assume since the viewers are mostly kids that any crap they throw on screen will do showing no respect for their audience, Johnny Test anyone? I never thought I'd be an adult who watches cartoons aimed at kids though.

Short answer, despite loving them as a kid I thought I was too old to watch cartoons but shows like Avatar and AT showed me that a quality show is a quality show even if it's child friendly content, making this line fits so well.
“When I Became a Man I Put Away Childish Things, Including the Fear of Childishness.”

Because most everything else on TV is garbage.

I guess I'm just an eternal optimist when it comes to children's cartoons. I'd see the lore-heavy episodes of shows like AT, SU, and SVtFoE and immediately imagine all the cool things that could be done going on. Then there are shows like Wander Over Yonder and Dan Vs that are pretty much solid all the way through and they give me hope whenever I see something new and interesting that, hey, this might end up being another one of the good ones.

Really, the medium of animation, even limiting it to animation with children as a target audience, has so much potential, I'd need a reason to not watch children's cartoons.

And then something like any Ben 10 series or the PPG reboot comes along, things with so much of that potential I was talking about, and the writers cock it all up so hard it reminds me why this isn't a more mainstream interest.

I never did anything my teenage years because I was a fat loser so I vicariously live out my wasted childhood years that everyone else remembers fondly through cartoons. Also Adventure Time has been with me through some difficult times so I'll watch it till it dies next year.

I had no friends and cartoons were the only escapism i had. I still havent grown up and CN acting like idiots is probably the most anger inducing thing to me right now

>Why do you watch children's cartoons?
I just like art and animation

My childhood: purest autism
My adulthood: to learn english

because its entertaining

I just love cartoons, it can do things normal live action sitcoms can't.

The target demographic for a cartoon doesn't matter to me as long as it's good.

I just enjoy cartoons.