Does Conan get the most ass of any mainstream comic hero?

I mean, I know there are a few with a higher number (Like Supreme's dog Radar who fucked every bitch in the city) but among names with any weight, are there any who get more?

How are the Conan books or comic books? I've only seen the cartoon show back in the day, and read the show is way differant from the books. Do any of the characters from the show appear in comics or books?

The comics are pretty good. Never read the books.

Pretty sure no one outside of the cartoon banished enemies to another dimension by waving swords in their general direction.

>Never read the books.

They're pretty good. SUUUUUUUUUPER racist but pretty good.

>implying the racism is bad

Someone took wrong turn on their way to reddit

Sup Forums pls reddit came here because of you.

in books I find Conan´s pulp adventures more fun that the pretentious LOTR and GOT books., his Marvel books In comics he´s extremely important as far as a legacy from the good days of Marvel.

In all honesty he doesn't get THAT many women, or rather not much more than any man constantly wandering the world who ain't a eunuch and is pretty loyal to whomever he is with at the time.

I find the Dark Horse comics to be a good mix of source material and original works.

The original short stories by Howard are good reading, though as one user pointed out pretty fuckin racist since his creator was writing them in the 1930's.

In rural Texas at that.

The original Marvel comics run is good stuff too, but I've only read a bit of the Dark Horse reboot that came out about a decade or so back.

Don't read the full length novels written by hacks after the original authors death - they all fucking suck and are usually made by hacks like Robert "Doesn't know how to end a fucking story" Jordan.

>das raycis
You say that as if every everything he ever warned people about isn't coming true.

As for Jordan's Conan books I'm currently reading Conan the Defender. To put it bluntly, the writing is so formulaic that they might as well call the book "Sword & Sorcery: A Hyborean Cookbook".
Still better than 90% of what is published these days though.

>Super Racist

How? You know Picts are not Humans right?

Picts are Proto-Celts that are used as American Indian standins.

>You say that as if every everything he ever warned people about isn't coming true.

Howard never "warned" people about anything. He just believed in a cycle of civilizations eventually falling to barbarism and then rising up into civilizations to fall to barbarism again and thought of it as inevitable.

Hell, he preferred the idea of barbarism to civilization since he was kind of a goony guy.

I love his action writing but the man wasn't a prophet, he was just a dude with depression out in the post oaks making a living off his imagination.

Read pretty much any Howard story featuring someone black or Mexican.

I guess there's still N'Longa in the Solomon Kane series as a solid good guy type character but otherwise they tend to be described in animal terms. They have "paws" instead of hands and their faces are "bestial".

No.

Picts are savage half men that during the continental shift breed back into human stock to form Iberians.

Considering next to nothing of the Conan world actually exists outside of Europe and North Africa.

He also constantly compared Conan to a Hunting Cat.

That's how Howard describes people, Hell, all of the Aesir and Vanir are described just like that.

>They have "paws" instead of hands and their faces are "bestial".

Please tell me you are not reading descriptions by comparison as a literal thing.

So are we gonna argue about this pointlessly for two pages or are you just gonna read "Black Canaan" and admit that Howard, a product of his time and place was probably fairly racist by modern standards.

>Black people are shown to be uncivilized and bad.
>That means he's automatically racist.

No, I think this issue is far more complicated than your tumblr black and white ideology permits.

Howard was not arguing for the extermination and constant genocide of the Black people. He wasn't constantly showing them as inferior people only to be subserviant to Whites and will never reach our great positions.

Howard always looked at things through the eyes of Barbarism vs Civilization.

In Howards eyes, Black people were more prone to Barbarism, and as talked about in your own post, Howard admired the strengths and weaknesses that each ethos brought up.

Context always matters.

>>Black people are shown to be uncivilized and bad.
Are you listening to yourself, user?

Are you going to go back to tumblr?

So you're just another whining tumblrite.

Howard shows the weaknesses and strengths of many different types of people, Not just black people.

Just because he shows Black people being bad, doesn't mean hes racist. He doesn't imply ALL black people are bad.

Oh man, you pulled out the t-word, I guess you win by default.

I've been reading Howard for decades you tard. I own all the short story collections that have been printed.

Conan, Kane, Kull, Bran Mak-fucking-Morn.

I can recognize the faults in something without losing sight of its strengths and just pointing out that those faults exist isn't the same as trying to be some sort of straw man thought police.

>faults
>not inconvenient truths

>reddit spacing
Get the fuck out.

oh man you pulled out the name of another boogeyman website instead of actually arguing. you got me on the ropes now.

what a little faggot.

>Black people at any point not seen as Dindus
>OH MY HOW RACIST

I point to you now, name a single point where Howard promotes one race over the other.

That's not Reddit spacing you stupid newfag

"The ancient empires fall, the dark-skinned peoples fade and even the demons of antiquity gasp their last, but over all stands the Aryan barbarian, white-skinned, cold-eyed, dominant, the supreme fighting man of the earth."
-Wings in the night, 1932 : Robert E. Howard

>White people will fall to Barbarism to survive even when black people are gone becuse white people are the most Savage without Civilization.

I was asked to provide a quote promoting one race over another and there one is.

Trying to twist it into saying that Howard was totally not racist and actually thought that white people were bad because they were savage just makes you sound like a fucking knob.

I dunno man, there's very little context where this doesn't sound pretty fucking bad

"[A] much higher type than the thick-lipped, bestial West Coast negroes to whom Kane had been used."

All of you. Stop bickering. Do you think Conan would approve of where this thread has gone?

>Trying to twist it

Meanwhile, you take the quote out of context from Wikiquotes.

Dunno user. I think Wolvie/Stark/Bats are bigger players...

OK reddit

cute

It doesnt count when it's the same stories retold a million times. Flashman isnt a comic hero (criminally) but through out his stories he fucked literally hundreds of women

Kurt, Thulsa, and Bond have them all beat. They are the bards of their universes.

Clearly we have found a stone wielding Kushite. Away with ye and your heathen ways!

Batman might be a far second with DD trailing him a bit but nobody puts up numbers like Conan.

Conan would be what we call a "mirthposter".

I know that Wings in the night is a Solomon Kane tale but is Conan of Aryan descent? He is always depicted as an olive skin man in the Frazetta covers and in the comics.

I think you underestimate how many random Floozies Conan's go. I bet he beat em in the first hundred issues of Savage Sword alone

Conan is not on this list.

Kurt who?
Thulsa Doom?
and Bond sure does seem to have a lot

James Kurt, Captain Kurt.
Thulsa Doom from Conan.

you mean Kirk?

>picts
>proto-celts
Cimmerians are the proto celts. Cimmeria is, according to Howard, modern-day Scotland.

Majority of black people are still uncivilized and bad. Nearly every African nation suffers from rampant corruption and genocide.

Conan himself is more racist against wizards lol.

You just NEEDED to summon Sup Forumstergeist, didn't you?

This

Triggers

Nu-

/co

Nope

As far as comic book characters go I think Slaine might be able to compete.

Yeah, the Cimmerians are located in the modern-day Scotland area, but the Vanir and the Aesir could be considered the "Aryans" of this world, since they inhabit modern-day Scandinavia.

As far as I know, "Aryan" didn't mean blonde and blue-eyed in Howard's time - that was a later development. At the time, it meant about what "Indo-European" does today, meaning that it encompasses pretty much every ethnicity in Europe.

>Conan himself is more racist against wizards lol.

Who did you think I was talking about?