Give in to the hype and watch wakfu

>give in to the hype and watch wakfu
>1 minute in and what could be the shittiest theme song ever produced and really chunky and bad animation
What are some other times Sup Forums has lied to you

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/93312247/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/94304539/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/92822395/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/93362982/
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0fKmOLt8Q0
youtube.com/watch?v=iJ_SY-lKZgI
youtube.com/watch?v=p4qLo_-OS8M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

but, little girl butt

MONKEY TROUBLE

Still doesnt change the fact that it looks like fucking shit

Sup Forums lied to me about Motorcity, Sym-Bionic Titan, Over the Garden Wall, and Gravity Falls. Though the last of those was in the opposite direction. (Oh, and Cybersix too I guess.)

One time Sup Forums was actually right was for SDMI, though that one was overhyped to the point that people actually claimed it was better than GF (it's nowhere near that level).

BTW here are my original thoughts on several of those, in case anyone gives a shit:
GF: desuarchive.org/co/thread/93312247/
SDMI: desuarchive.org/co/thread/94304539/
SBT: desuarchive.org/co/thread/92822395/
OTGW: desuarchive.org/co/thread/93362982/

(Never did threads for Motorcity or Cybersix, since I watched those much longer ago.)

> little girl butt
Example?

Start with the Dofus series or movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0fKmOLt8Q0

Nobody lied to you. Early Wakfu has admittedly shit animation. People like it for the characters and the story, and the animation techniques improve over time.

Steven Universe, biggest waste of time. That said I'd recommend Kerubs Treasure shop as an intro moreso than Wakfu.
You seem to have a really weird way of viewing things.

>start with the movie.
DO NOT DO THAT. The series yes, but if you watch the movie first without it you will lose a lot of the impact of the movie.

Ankama planned it to be an entry point for thousands of new viewers and it works as a self-contained story just fine. They just forgot to market it.

You... keep track of all of your old threads?

God damn. That is some dedicated form of autism right there, amigo.

I mean that isn't wrong, that said it's essentially the end of Joris' childhood and carries a lot more weight if you've watched the series as well as knowing how he eventually ends up as an adult in Wakfu.
Also makes kerub's death that much more painful.

Seems more like OP just has disgustingly bad taste and needs to stick to Family Guy.

>get told trump will lose the election
>He wins
Not mad really, just shocked.

OP asked about Sup Forums, not Sup Forums you moron.

>antifa bandana
>token female
No wonder everyone fucking hates the left at this moment, and im a fucking homosexual

But it was Sup Forums that said that, also Sup Forums. Sup Forums said he was going to win.

>The American flag isn't being burnt
Inaccurate

The writing gets kind of stunningly bad as it progresses, too, S1 is about the only good thing to come from the franchise.

Moral Orel was hot garbage. South Park only got worse after season 4. And The Loud House is formulaic, manipulative, hamfisted diaper filling.
Also that episode of JoJo was horrifying.

Loud House is so mediocre. I have no idea how it's getting the ratings it's getting.

The characters are funny and im literally convinced its because the younger male audiance is waifuing the sisters like i used to do to cartoons before i even knew what the word waifu meant

Pedo's on trash.

Im just telling it like it is, no need to be upset

Was it the French version or the English version?

English

this is prime autismo

well no fucking wonder you hated it

the english dub is notoriously awful

Nobody gives a shit about theme songs, it's why Netflix has a button to skip it.
And you have to be baiting if you really think it looks bad.

You fool. If it has waifus in it, it's most likely shit.
Wakfu not only has waifus in it, it's also a tie-in of a videogame. How could it possibly not be pure garbage?

Wakfu starts a little slow so what I do when I'm introducing it to someone is: watch the first two episodes and then watch the noximilien special.

>Nobody gives a shit about theme songs,
>forgets all the music threads we have

The vast majority of people alive today do not give half a shit about theme songs. I'd go further to say most people hate them.

>it's why Netflix has a button to skip it
Fucking shit, no wonder theme songs are so bad these days. I hate Netflix even more now.

How can a cartoon be good without waifus? What are you supposed to enjoy looking at?

It may surprise you to learn that most show are not made for Netflix. The "skip intro" button was added because nobody cared, it wasn't the cause of low quality intros, low quality intros caused it. That, and nobody gives a fuck about theme songs.

Nobody gives a fuck about theme songs because there aren't any great ones being made anymore.

Can you imagine anyone skipping this? youtube.com/watch?v=iJ_SY-lKZgI
Or this? youtube.com/watch?v=p4qLo_-OS8M

Being contrarian and autistic is a dangerous combination user.

I wasn't being contrarian, those were my actual thoughts immediately after watching each show for the first time.

>Teen Titans intro.
>Great.

>2004 Batman
>EVER

Holy shit taste user.

Yes, myself and most other people did.

>1 minute in
What does it feel like to have no patience?

Bad examples imo. Intros, even good ones, can become annoying if you are binge watching, hence why Netflix has a button to skip them.

It gets better S2 and OVAs. Watching season 3 now.

>Intros, even good ones, can become annoying if you are binge watching
If they do, that's usually a sign that you need to slow down for a minute... by listening to them.

>English Dub
Oh boi... that shit was truly atrocious like, what the fuck, did they actually paid an actual sound engineer for that shit? oh yeah also the VAs... just watch in french and more episodes, yeah early Wakfu is not that amazing then again it was animated in fucking flash 10 fucking years ago

tl;dr summary: Mediocre with occasional great episodes will always find more success than bad with occasional good episodes.

Weak competition helps. But it's the same reason why newspaper comics (which it's styled after) run for decades despite everyone insisting they don't find any of them funny.

It's relatable humour. Your sides don't ever go into orbit, but you'll get the occasional sensible chuckle because "ah yes, my younger sibling is also known to exhibit similar manarisms."
Also due to it being episodic with characters you can figure out in a couple of lines, it makes for easy watching that you can pick up at any time for a comfy distraction that will occasional slip in an adult joke for the parents. So again, like newspaper comics.
And yeah, there's obviously a little bit of waifu bait to it (though if you're waifu-ing anyone but the mom or the two legal sisters, you got problems). But if you're only watching a show to jack off to a character who won't even be in every episode, you're going to get the same experience by just going to /aco/ or /trash/ so I don't think it's as much of a contributing factor to the ratings as people make out.

It's never going to be a show that appeals to people who want more and that's fine because it's not trying to be something more than it is. But I think that despite the vocal hate that the worst thing people can say about it is either its blandness or the creepy /trash/-based fan content is kind of telling that the show isn't at least offensively bad like a lot of other things ongoing right now.

So if they get annoying I should make sure I listen to them extra close? What kind of stupidity is this?

>manarisms
why is everyone on this website semi-illiterate?

idiots on the internet are a diamond dozen

Even the fans hated the dub

You interact with thousands of posters here on Sup Forums, all of which have decent grammar. Mistakes do happen though, and because they stand out more, you remember them over the dozens of other replies.

This post literally triggered me.

>thinks otgw was bad

opinion discarded

I think there's a rule that says if you criticize someone's spelling or grammar you will invariably make a mistake in the critique. You should begin a sentence with a capital letter. I know, it's just one mistake, not work getting upset over. Just like manarism to mannerism.

>1 minute in
Your time is in no sense valuable

I did say I liked the last 2 episodes, though.

>1 minute in and what could be the shittiest theme song ever produced and really chunky and bad animation
Bro, that wasn't Wakfu - you were watching [every show ever] on Cartoon Network

>Fat shaming
>Racism against Asians

How far the left has fallen.

Fuck you Wakfu is great

Yknow everything I see from this series looks fine design, animation wise for the most part.

However this is important.

Their sound design is utterly atrocious, nothing sounds right.

Voice are w/e, but the sound, its just wrong.

Star Vs.

As someone that actually donated quite a bit to the kickstarter to have the english dub made:
DO NOT WATCH THE ENGLISH DUB

These are okay shows but it's true that a loud minority hypes them for some reason.

this

Scott Pilgrim: I tried but stopped after the 3rd issue.
The style is boring but that wouldn't be a problem is the rest is ok. It's just a loosely connected web comic who tries to get "nerd" & "woke" brownie points.

>Member 80s video games?
>Here's a vegan recipe for no reason.

I watched an episode of Star Vs and it was terrible

also I cant get over the fact that they sound way too much like adults barely trying to do child voices

TT intro could/should have stopped after the first GO

>posts the worse intro from The Batman

Now, you know that you're wrong. Post the good one.

>the shittiest theme song
Bitch, I will fight you and wipe my ass with your scalp.

I understand your frustration. If you have the time, at least try to get to episode seven. Prior to that point Eden Sher, Star's VA, was doing her lines believing she was playing a character. The voice director told her that she should start acting as HERSELF instead of Star, and once Mewberty began you could definitely hear a change in the way she was talking. It stopped sounding like she was reading lines, and more like she was talking naturally.

Also, the first season is really formulaic because the bigwigs in charge didn't know what to do with it, and made it simply episodic. The plot unfortunately doesn't kick in until Toffee shows up, so once again if you have the time and you are willing, just take a shot at it.

They told me Steven Universe and the third season of Rick and Morty were bad.

>It's just a loosely connected web comic who tries to get "nerd" & "woke" brownie points.
Dude, you got that backwards.
SP is legit, it what STARTED nerd shit fad that others are trying to get brownie points for.
It came out, what, ten years ago?

Haha you mean 2007 when the Big Bang Theory started airing?

No it isn't. The reference are so flat and generic that even the fakest nerds will say: > Ha so funny, I know the Super Marios.This comic gets me.

>The series consists of six digest size black-and-white volumes, released between August 2004 and July 2010

It existed before the movie you know

Nerd humor was in Mad magazine much earlier and better.

And not just a quick glimpse but multiple lingering shots. Plus the almost ape rape. How did they get away with that?

>No response
You guys are such fags I swear

Japan

The second half of the intro is so much better than the first, you have some seriously shit taste.

But that doesn't change the fact that she sounds old as fuck. This isn't Japan where an adult woman can voice a young girl easily and make it sound convincing, she's American.

I think it was because she was at the AoC? I mean... she was 14. And the way they treated her after JoJo groped her chest was nonchalant.

I have a standard when it comes to new reccomended things.30 minutes for a movie. 3 issues of a comic. 5 episodes for a cartoon. I've tried
>Star Vs.
>Gravity Falls
>Morel Orel
>Adventure Time
>Loud House

All dropped. Do you honestly think I'm in the wrong here?

I mean everyone knows "when theres trouble you know who to call from their tower they can see it all" but no one's singing along to "with their super powers they unite never met a villain that they liked"

Yes, that, or you just have shit taste.

Yes, I easily can imagine someone skipping these after the tenth time they heard it.

Who the fuck cares about the lyrics? I'm talking about the instrumental, the beat in the second half is much better. The first few seconds of the intro are actually quite annoying in that sense.

i sat through maybe 2 seasons, a little of 3, of steven universe because i thought it was supposed to be smart. its just poorly written social trash.

wander over yonder was a little boring at first so i dropped it until the finale came out. then i just watched the highlighted episodes.

people told me when it started that clarence was shit. i loved it, for the most part.

Why did you drop GF? It starts out really strong...

I think you just have bad taste.
There's not much you can do to fix that.
Nothing to be ashamed of.

The Loud House is formulaic as fuck, but it has a few clever moments each episode, and a decent amount of actual sincerity, making it Nickelodeon's first decent new thing in 15 years.

stupid haikuposter

>Their sound design is utterly atrocious, nothing sounds right.
>Voice are w/e, but the sound, its just wrong.
he fell for the english dub meme

>who the fuck cares about a cartoon theme song being catchy

w e w

It was too annoying. Mostly the girl. The voice actors really grated on my ears. They were too old or shrill to match the cute characters. It wasn't really funny. I wasn't interested in the mysteries of the episodes.

>Cataloging your own opinions
Someone has a huge ego.

>Confederate and Nazi are interchangeable
I wish someone would bother to pick up a fucking history book.