Hi Sup Forums I want to introduce someone to comics but I'm not sure where to start I'm thinking All Star Superman got...

Hi Sup Forums I want to introduce someone to comics but I'm not sure where to start I'm thinking All Star Superman got any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mS7Z6LvJesE?t=6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's not a good starter. It can happen early. But I would suggest something else. Are they a batman guy? X-men? Spider-man?

Watchmen is always a good answer. It's a superhero story but one that challenges all assumptions people have about superheroes, it's a good showcase of what the medium is capable of and it's a good story in general.

All-Star Superman i mainly recommend to people who don't really know or really like Superman but have already read a few comics or manga at the least.

Well Im assuming you specifically mean cape comics because there are a lot of fun comics for fans of other genres. Maybe show them Bone? Bone is good.

I'm not really sure I have just starting him

For All Seasons or New Frontier

Naruto

Well it's better to let him get a feel for what he likes rather than for you to recommend any ONE thing.

Daytripper.

but it's shit great colors though

Ask him what sort of movies or TV shows he likes, and look up comics that are similar to his tastes.

>New Frontier
How is it?

It's good.

For Superman, Secret Identity is a far better intro. All Star is intended as a 'best of' for the whole character, so it inst really the best to jump into with no prior knowledge.

Batman Year One is a good starter. Grounded enough to be too outlandish for new readers.

I got some of my friends into comics through Nextwave, so...

does that make me an asshole or a sociopath if I feel absolutely nothing when I read this page?

I'd recommend rebirth for sure. The current Detective run is pretty great, especially for a beginner. It's a team book so there are a lot of characters to get to know, as well as a lot of fun interactions and drama. And like most of rebirth, it'll stealth-teach them the history of the DCU. Also it has Batman in it, and casuals can't get enough of him.

it makes you intelligent and nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor

Watchmen always feels like the pretension answer to me. Don't get me wrong it's an amazing use of the medium, but it seems like something you should read after you've already gone through the medium enough to appreciate what it does with the hero narratives.
It's like making your first movie ever an indie art film.
V for Vendetta would be a better jumping off point if you want to stick to that author

If you're on Sup Forums I'm gonna assume suicide has only ever been a punchline in a joke to you. That's a good problem to

>Don't get me wrong it's an amazing use of the medium, but it seems like something you should read after you've already gone through the medium enough to appreciate what it does with the hero narratives.
This, the same goes for Multiversity, Final Crisis, Supreme, and Miracleman.

Have you entertained the wacky notion of not starting with capeshit from the two big companies?

What kind of tv shows, movies or game is this person into? Do they read books?

>girl asks me to introduce her to spider-man comics
>I show her blue, the first volume of ultimate and that fraction annual
>she says Peter seems to whiney and she doesn't want to read about him anymore

Women are dumb

ask her over, start off by setting the mood with some appropriate music. can't go wrong with a loop of the 1960 spider man theme

youtu.be/mS7Z6LvJesE?t=6

then roll up a copy of Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider-Ham and start rhythmically slapping her in the clitoris with it while you eat her asshole.

if that doesn't improve her taste, ask her to shart along in time with the music

Considering it gets posted 50 times per week I'd be surprised if anyone still felt anything looking at it.

>Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider-Ham
almost forgot. She's not Jewish or Muslim, is she?

If so, you might want to find a more Kosher or Halal comic

X-Men: Children of The Atom and Hellboy: The Chained Coffin and Others.