How do we fix Killer Moth?

How do we fix Killer Moth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=efyufhtO7VU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Make him the principal of an all-girls school.

Ditch Dury Walker and bring back Cameron, the original anti-batman.

There's really no need to fix hi, he's had several good stories and is popular among fans of D-List and below characters. And while i know one user is a big fan on here, we really don't need another charaxes incident.

fucking kek

Like for pretty much everything else in that show, just follow the Teen Titans cartoon.

The teen titans cartoon was unironically shit.

Your taste is shit, whether ironically or otherwise.

Have him be replaced by a cute girl obviously
youtube.com/watch?v=efyufhtO7VU

Moths are cute, not evil

He has a daughter in the Teen Titans cartoon, does that count?

Give barbra a chance with him.

Yeah that'll work. They can have some great father-daughter bonding as they rob a bank together

Dude, don't kid yourself here, it's bad. It's nothing like the actual TT (and i'm assuming you've never even read a titans comic in your life, if any), all the anime shit is cringeworthy and for that matter so is the drama, the action isn't particularly good, deathstroke and terra were butchered, i really can't fathom why people like it aside from them being closet weaboos.

Like for fuck's sake, they chopped off a third of the classic roster, if not more.

Have you considered that someone can literally disagree with every one of those complaints?

The anime gags were so unique and fun, the drama was very tightly scripted, the action was great (though the animation did let it down at times), Slade is a much cooler name and a much cooler villain, Terra was a million times better to the point the original is barely even comparable, and I'm not a weeaboo, to the point that I literally NEVER watch anime.

As for the roster? Who? TT dropped characters the showrunners didn't find interesting enough, that's supposed to be a positive.

>'Slade' is a cooler name than Deathstroke the Terminator
>Who are Kid Flash and Donna Troy?
>Well actually i prefer the copypasted double agent character to the original, who actually fucked beast boy up HARD
Are you trolling? How could you enjoy the drama and anime scenes unless you're 13 years old? Why are fans of this show so retarded and insufferable?

>I literally NEVER watch anime
You watch Teen Titans

>who actually fucked beast boy up HARD
>you want to see a cool character suffer
Opinion discarded?

Nah, I'm not like you, I'll actually read the rest of what you have to say. (Though I have no idea how you can say Terra is a "copypasted" character, her arc was unlike any I've ever seen. It was just so fucking WEIRD - she went back and forth at the slightest provocation, exactly like a confused TEENAGE girl would do. You know, as opposed to the obvious adults just referred to as teens in the comics?)
>Who are Kid Flash and Donna Troy?
You mean the character whose one and only major episode is considered one of the best episodes in the entire series, largely because of him appearing in it? You know how talented the writers have to be to pull that shit off?

Wonder Girl could not be used for legal reasons, like with many other DC shows apparently. The writers took pity on comicfags like you and inserted not one but two cameos, even though the audience was told to only expect one and no more (because they were told even one was pushing it apparently).

And BTW if we're discussing the show it would be nice to use the actual names that were used, or would have been used, in the show.

No, I'm not trolling, and TT is not Japanese. The rest of your drivel is not very feasible to respond to.

Keep him goofy and camp, but let him be actually successful.

Maybe give him a gimmick where he meticulously studies Batman's different gadgets so he can develop his own perfect counters to them.

You are just as bad as MCU casuals, fuck off

>why would you want to see a cool character suffer
How are you this retarded, holy shit.

Terra is the same generic remorseful double agent that's been around forever. In the comics she was pure bitchy evil, generally trying to fuck over the titans just because. Not because she had poor writing or because she was a teenager, but because she was actually something that had been done before. Look at her in rebirth, that characterization stuck around because it's not just stupid and generic.

>the character whose one and only major episode
Are you trying to say Wally fucking West is an insignificant character?

>Well you should be thankful you got ANYTHING
How about if you don't have the rights to all the characters, just don't make the show? Like if you have robin but can't really even reference Batman, are straight-up barred from Kid Flash, Aqualad and Donna, have to change Kori's character because her actual one is a no-no, and can't even call their best and most iconic villain by name, then you just make something else rather than frankensteining together a turd and dressing it up like anime?

Starfire's personality was a million times better in the cartoon as well, here's a writeup that says it better than I probably could:
>It's really fun the way that they kept so much of he essential nature of the character, and yet made such a fundamentally huge change in the nature of the character. Starfire has always been an elemental character, a character who was always about her passion. I don't think it's an accident that her first true storyline had her kissing of Robin as such a key element of the story.

>Now, on the other hand, Toonfire is equally passionate as Starfire, and seems to have much the same temper (view her fights with Blackfire, or Killer Moth's daughter). However, they took her and added a layer of deep naiveite. She feels her passion so strongly (and the ep where she bodyswitched with Raven shows it), but she's essentially an innocent. Sure, she has her goofy habits (keeping odd pets, celebrating Blorthog, and the like), but the character is just much more endearing in the end. I don't know, maybe it seems that underneath all that passion, Starfire's most essential emotion is anger, while Toonfire's is joy. That's probably unfair to Starfire, but that's the feeling I get from them.

The veiled reference to Batman were so much cooler than an outright appearance would have been, though I did feel there weren't enough of them.
Aqualad literally appeared in season 1 and kept appearing throughout the show, what are you talking about?
>Are you trying to say Wally fucking West is an insignificant character?
No, I'm saying the exact opposite: that he was such an awesome character DESPITE having limited appearances.

The only character they never got the rights to was Wonder Girl. Yeah it sucks a bit, but you don't cancel a show over that. (Not to mention she may have ruined the dynamic between the major characters already established in the show if introduced, particularly the girls.)

Starfire was absolutely not the same, and I don't know what the fuck whoever wrote that is on about with the whole 'anger' thing. Like, I guess she got pissed when Dick left her for Babs, but she was more sad than anything.

Aqualad, Wally, and Donna are all founding members of the team, unlike Cyborg, Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy. Not including them is the same problem as not including Batman: it's a sidekick team. When you take that away, you get a bad teenage avengers, which is what we got.

man i like the cartoon and all, but you're so fucking deluded it hurts. Why couldn't this just be a comfy D-Lister thread

quick somebody post pictures of Ten Eyed man!

You greenlight Landis' Killer Moth: Crime God series.

You make him the Batroc the leaper of DC.
>Goofy supervillain who is actually a badass.

Don't turn him into a giant monster moth

>the comics she was pure bitchy evil, generally trying to fuck over the titans just because of bad writing.
I'm not a fan of the cartoons Terra and I think comic Terra being a turbobitch is fun but the Judas Contract was shit in how Terra was just a scapegoat for slade.

Make a him a bigger Part of BatGirl's rogue gallery and Leave the Bat man and joker to have their Wankfest.

There was this neat ssue from Dixon's BOP where he basically did fixed Killer Moth.

the first one or TT go?

because TT go is shit. that's probably the one you're talking about

In it Some guy claiming to be Killer Moth broke into Oracle's secret hideout

He also says that the Killer Moth who turned himself into a moth monster was an imposter.

Make him literally the Anti-Batman.

No killing.
Doesn't support killing.

Wants to make the Gotham villains like the Flash's rogues.

Make him a real moth with real fuzz

It ends when he seemingly kills himself but a couple issues later it turns out this guy wasn't the actual killer moth but another different character entirely who merely has the delusion of being big name supervillains.

Though honesty he should be Killer Moth.

>no killing
Except when he has to and then he:s an absolute beast.

Everyone in the world has "fixed" killer moth over and over again.

The problem is the massive number of silver age fags that come along and put him right back in the dumb striped costume because childhood nostalgia.

There is a group that demands he remain in a weird 60's costume for silver age nostalgia reasons in a setting where absolutely no one else does that.

Let him Barbara

I liked the late 90's costume

The problem with redesigns of his costumes is that they usually wind up looking like Firefly recolors. For all that people rag of his original costume no one seems to be willing or able to make a better one.

Read Superior Foes of Spider-Man.
Copy it.

We return to his days as the original anti Batman. Make him concerns about making a buck, having a legit protection service to the criminal underworld, and most importantly have him good at his job. He shouldn't have to nor want to kill Batman, just be a legitimate headache for him. Stuff like disposing of evidence, having his own array of gadgets and vehicles to stop the GCPD, that kind of thing. I guess we could add Kitten to his mythos, having that working Dad angle. And oddly enough the Babs shipping is kind of cute, but not essential

I'm willing to commission a artist to do so. Thinking modern Batman with a hint of golden age Moth

>It's nothing like the actual TT
Thank God, the comics were trash

This is the only good Killer Moth design.

>he's had several good stories
Nope.

Make him a straight up Kamen Rider.

>writer retcons him from being a monster moth to being an imposter and brings in the real killer moth
>kills him off at the end

Why? Why retcon just to kill off the guy?

but he has?
what is this?

What do you count as a good killer moth story?

The Striped pants ruin it for me. Every else is cool but the striped pants just look tacky and ruin the vibe.

Man this shit just makes me ship them even harder.

One is a nerd who falls for shitty men, the other is a single dad who commits crimes trying to earn a living. Can they fix each other? Probably not, but they can still have kinky cape sex on a roof

A guy in a bug suit is probably going to look like another guy in a bug suit.

Either look an awful lot like Beetle. Who also sort of looks like Human Fly.

It really is the pants. Most things can be redrawn in a subtle way to look better but green and purple clown pants can never not look ridiculous.

>you get a bad teenage avengers, which is what we got.
Ah, so you're just a troll. Got it.

I cannot figure out why anyone thought big moth monster was a good idea.

Batman has large mutant animal monster villains that have reasonable stories and it works with their origin. But pathetic villain makes deal with demon to be an even more pathetic moth monster for even fewer, and more pointless stories seems like a terrible move that never needed to happen.

this deserves a proper fic writeup if it doesn't have one already

The helmet is key. It's a standout design element with it's pointed snout and antenna.

the losers story by alan grant, Batgirl: Year One, his second silver age story

i think there was a second with Cooke art i enjoyed but that may or may not have been a fever dream.

the first one i mentioned was basically superior foes twenty years before it was a thing, shadow of the bat i think, check it out if you can

One that he's in where he isn't a giant Moth monster.

Underworld unleashed happen during a time DC didn't had any confidence in their old villains.

this

Killer Moth goes to Japan and gets his groove back, guest staring that Japman and his pixie sidekick

Here's a quickie;
>Batgirl is fighting Killer Moth on the roof of Gotham Jewelry
>During a close quarters struggle, Moth's cocoon gun malfunctions, explodes, and both of them are stuck together in a giant glob of fast drying silk
>Moth can't reach for his dissolving agent and Babs can't reach her utility belt.
>Both of them are lying there on the ground for about an hour, trying to make this less awkward and eventually agree to a brief truce to get out of this
>Moth tries to reach for her belt and accidentally unhooks it, making her pants slide off from her struggling and calling him an idiot
>Babs can't see what she's grabbing and accidentally grabs his dick, and now it's awkwardly poking her
>They both refuse to say anything for a the longest 10 minutes ever
>Desperation makes both of them try and wriggle out and only makes things worse
>They end up having sex and neither works up the courage to say stop
>At the end of the thrusting, Babs manages to crack the dissolving agent container and the silk begins to weaken
>Awkward conversation while fixing costumes
>Babs handcuffs him to a pipe and demands they never speak of this again
>Moth is left for the police with his pants around his ankles, passerby Catwoman teases him about having a nice ass

I'd unironically Killer Moth.

In all his forms.

I really hate being a Teratophiliac

Hey user ~

whats that user?

freak fucker

gGET OUT OF MY LIFE

Yeah, that's it.

The world could use more people like you. Even the uglies deserve to get laid once in a while.

Wasn't the entire purpose to reinvent the silly silver age nonsense villains into something usable for the modern age?

Most of the villains involved weren't revamped, just had their powers altered a bit. If anything it was just an excuse to beef up some of the c-listers and get rid of a long-term Luthor plot.