What went wrong?

What went wrong?

>Barry is an annoying bitch
>References up the ass without the execution to make them worthwhile
>Recycling plot points
>Endless melodrama

Is it that bad? I thought Flash is the 2nd most watched show after GoT.

>3 goddamn season of who's this mysterious speedster who's fatser than Barry and is someone we know which hurts barry even more
It was ok for season 1 and alright for seaon 2 but the time remaant shit was stupid but the whole savitart thing was a let down

>Let's make Iris West black AND Barry's step-sister!
This show's quality was never gonna last long.

Evil speedsters, Barry's an idiot, no Rogues.

>some rogues, but they're all boring, badly acted, or better on other shows

The Team Flash aspect. Barry is required to be dumb and need to regroup with his boys every time he encounters any kind of obstacle. He doesn't get to grow for himself.

The first season had the excuse of Wells mentoring him to access the Speedforce and the extent of his powers. They then stayed stapled to the formulaic episode set up.

Yes

>they didn't cast Danielle Panabaker as Iris West
>they didn't cast Rick Cosnett as Barry Allen

what could go wrong

>Barry is an emotionally fragile moron who is so wishy-washy without someone telling him what to do it's any wonder he can even get dressed in the morning
>the "evil speedster is someone we know/trust and is the season's final boss" plot happened three fucking times already
>Barry/Iris is creepy as fuck because he's endlessly pining over someone who's effectively his sister
>CW melodrama means everyone is always crying about secrets and lies as they withhold important information from each other because of FEELINGS
>despite claiming to be "the fastest man alive" in the intro, Barry is always the slowest speedster in the room and nine times out of then the solution to any give problem is "run faster."

>1st season great, got me hooked
>2nd season more of the same, "oh wow the villain is someone we know!" Copypasting self is some of the most asspull logic ever
>3rd season absolutely laughable trash tier story and writing

T-thanks CW!

>1st season great
The only thing that was great was Prof. Zoom and the potential for more. The actual content was usually pretty meh.

If it keeps following the arrow path of degradation then season 4 will be the worst things the eyes of man have ever seen

It turned into Red Arrow. Shitty drama with shitty characters. The magic of the first season was lost and every other season feels the exact same as its literally evil speedster and time fuckery

>The magic of the first season was lost and
The only magic the first season had was the trick of making you think the show will become the Flash once he's done being a rookie.

Two things:
1) Going down Arrow's route in S2 and S3 ("muh darkness, muh light, muh light of my life, muh secrets, muh darkness, dude so DARK") instead of doing what worked in S1.

2) Firing or forcing to leave the EP who wrote S1's finale (one of the best episodes of the series). S2 actually had some promise up until the second half of the season (after the Christmas episode), which is when Gabrielle Stanton was officially taken off the credits. I still feel like one of the 2-3 people who's noticed that fact.

3) Following the Guggenheim logic of "lmao its just a show, dude, it doesnt need to make sense lmfao, lighten up bruh! xDDDD" when it comes to time travel. It's literally just the writers being lazy and incompetent.

Season 4 might have some promise, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

>S1's finale (one of the best episodes of the series

Season 1's finale was pure shit

>non-speedster bad guy is doing something bad
>barry shows up to stop him
>non-speedster bad guy punches barry in the face
>barry stunned for 2 seconds, bad guy is running away
>barry doesn't run after him, despite his whole power set being "RUNNING FAST"
>barry needs help from team to remind him to be faster or some other shit

this is the largest problem. he should need the help from 1 person at a time at most.

The biggest problem is the CW formula, not the show specifically.

>Barry: Do this
>Cisco: Do you know how hard it is to do that? I can't do it!
>Barry: Dude just do it
>Cisco: *does it*

Every time

>CW

Brainlet.

Time travel, and a hack team of shit writers that can't warp their heads around good time travel stories

Time remnants. This concept destroyed the show

>Barry: GUYS HOW DO I BEAT THIS BAD GUY?
>Cisco: Just go fast Barry
>Barry: I CAN'T!
>Kaitlyn: THEN GO FASTER, BARRY!
>Barry: YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND GUYS, I CAN'T!
>[One of Barry's Multiple Dads and/or Iris]: RUN, BARRY, RUN!
>Barry: *goes fast and beats the bad guy*

What the hell were you guys expecting? Most of the show's problems stem from either a lack of creativity, budget, or both. That's why I wasn't too enthusiastic about a superhero shows on the CW.

>Wells\Cisco\Caitlin: We've got to techno the babble with with wimey-blimey sciencey stuff
>Joe: IN ENGLISH PLEASE

Every time.

I still like it.

The first season was great but looking back I can see the current issues being set up. Barry is over-reliant on Cisco, Caitlyn and whatever version of Wells is around. If Barry was as smart as he was in the comics he wouldn't need a supporting cast. It's difficult to make a show with one character, but I wish they would at least try to make the show about Barry and the rogues and nobody else.