New TTG thread

the absolute state of 2003 TT fags

Other urls found in this thread:

bartleby.com/73/195.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greece
youtube.com/watch?v=sc1QHOvS_G0
youtube.com/watch?v=q4VupyBwHRI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TTG is unfunny dog shit and you should feel fucking guilty for promoting this fucking garbage thats killing CN

Isn't that just a potshot at all critics of cartoons, like what the Simpsons did with Comic Book Guy or Animaniacs did with that weird fan? I know TTG's targeted fans of the '03 show specifically but this seems like a broader joke.

lol

epic thread, i'm buttblasted to no avail

I'd be fine with this show if they didn't air it so fucking much.

So you don't have cable because if you did, you'd be watching On Demand instead of live programming

Most On Demand interfaces are hot garbage, why the hell would anyone fuck with that nonsense if they had a choice?

Some of the girls in their ads are hot, though.

This is sad.
I don't mean "it's sad because it's poking fun at Sup Forums and autists on YT making autism criticism fedora vids", both Sup Forums and those people are annoying, they can be huge spergs, it's ok to make fun of them.

But it's sad because what has your fucking cartoon become when this is all you do?
It's not the first time this happened.
Jesus fuck, internet flaming shouldn't be the fucking plot of your cartoon.
It's just sad.

At the end of the episode they said something about how both old and new cartoons are bad. Mind, quoting that?

>internet flaming shouldn't be the fucking plot of your cartoon
it's not, Control Freak is everybody who thinks old stuff was better.

I have X1 faggot. All I have to do is a voice command

>not everything old is better...

ok, its a good message and all, but, like with MGS2:

Do the writers REALLY think kids and also old titans fans will understand that lesson when its behind such disdainful plot and jokes directly targeted to that audience in order to berate and insult them?

Answer: OF COURSE NOT! i certainly prefer not to learn anyhting just to spite those assholes.

I still don't understand why people hate Go so much.

>"Not muh original" people
>People who exaggerate how unfunny it is
>The schedule
>People who hate it's mean spirt
>People that don't like it's design (but ignore how well animated it is for a flash, and all those other times where it drastically changes it's animation to something good)
>And a bunch more

Because kaziklu, its not funny and its over played in america and replaces reruns of other shows which havent been shown on the channel in months

i believe its because:

-old fans really wanted more of the 2003 titans (not a really valid reason)

-its being literally shoved thru the throats of everyone by being practically the only thing aired at CN.

-instead of focusing its humor as its own thing, its humor depends on downright insulting and trating like shit everyone who dislikes it.

I am a big fan of the original. The thing is Go isn't even trying to be a new season, or a continuation of the show - in fact Go admits this in no uncertain terms. It's its own show, so I don't get why folks get so asshurt over it. Unlike nuPPG it isn't shitting on the original at all. It isn't even trying to pretend it's the same thing neither in theme, animation or artstyle.

Its humor can be great, mediocre or terrible but it's mostly okay or great. The soundscape is amazing though. Animation is what you'd expect for a comedy of this sort, but they augment this by use of puppets, gags, those neat drawn stills and so on. They are quite creative in this regard.

Simply put this is a good comedy cartoon that from time to time has some odd eps about the economy and so on. It's not an abortion shat out by greed and incompetence like nuPPG. It's competently made.

Go has a problem that isn't its fault. The US animation industry simply went too far in the direction of shitty comedies and meaningless drivel, but that's not the fault of the show. Also, yes, CN's schedule is fucked but again this has nothing to do with the show as such.

>(not a really valid reason)
How is that not a valid reason? The show ended on a fucking cliffhanger!

how did Classic Titans insult anyone?

>it isn't shitting on the original at all.
You know, except when it pulls shit like redubbing a clip from the original that completely reverses the dynamics of a certain major relationship from the original series.

I mean, I know having the girl pine after the guy might no longer be acceptable in this SJW era (SVTFOE excepted for some reason, but it's excepted in many ways), but come the fuck on.

remember that mad Mod turns the US into England episode?

The writers aren't doing it to be SJWs. They're doing it because they like to reverse things the original did. That and it stretches out Robin's insanity more. This was planned long before the woman chasing after guy thing became mainstream.

>still watching shit you don't like
>still talking about it
time to neck it buddy.

One, the crew purposely ended on that episode. Two, the entire point of the episode was to let shit go. 2003fags still won't do it after 10 years.

>making a joke counts as shitting on a series
Stop with the victim complex

i was talking more generally, the other eps.

i thought things change was a proper ending to the series, shit happened, terra survived and lost her memories, beast boy learned to let the past go and then they went to do their thing on good terms, dunno hows that a cliffhanger?.

i agree, they can do humor on their own, THATS WHAT THEY SHOULD DO ALWAYS! not just making jokes that depend on the older shows, i know there will always be whiners, but those jokes are just gonna fan up the flames rather than extinguish them, and the scheduling doesnt help.

>the woman chasing after guy thing became mainstream.
You're a moron, women are always the choosers.

Episodes like these bait haters and reel in people who love to drink the hater's tears. It gets ratings.

You're the idiot here if you think the TTG writers are doing this because muh SJWs.

This but unironically. New Adventures of Superman and New Adventures of Batman are the absolute best. Up, up, and away!

They are, but probably indirectly. Laughing at Robin's pain in TTG is funny because of the whole "Nice Guy" meme, while nobody ever laughed at Starfire's pining in the original.

why can't I get a gf on demand

What if I never watched the original, and I still hate GO?

Not really, Robin is too much of a psychopath in this show to be considered the "nice guy". All the guys are.

Not all old stuff is good, not all new stuff is bad.

TTG is bad though.

Robin isn't just the beta who's innability to get the girl is played as a source of humor. He's also the white guy who bursts into tears if he eats anything spicier than an unsalted chip. However, Scott Menville and the other Titan VAs really sell everything in this show. Yes, Robin is a spazzy white boi, but not all spazzy white bois are Robin, and Robin's spazziness is uniquely his. The humor comes more from the character and less from the meme.

Then you're a reasonable human being.

>Not all old stuff is good, not all new stuff is bad.
No, that's mostly true. There's the occasional exception but almost all new shit sucks, while there's plenty of great old stuff.

people say that shit every generation. It means nothing

A decade from now the kids of today will have this same argument with the next Teen Titans thing.

if these guys think their show is good
why do they keep making episodes like this
it reeks of desperation

No, this time is actually different (yes I know that's a cliché, doesn't make it any less true).
It fundamentally depends on the economy. For decades on end the West had near-constant expansion with the occasional short recession punctuating things, but now we've been in a period much, much worse than the Great Depression in many ways for a fucking decade, with no end in sight.

In this economy, money talks. Actual product quality does not, because beggars (average people) can't be choosers and demand better.

Again, it's a ratings technique. It baits the haters and reels in the people that love drinking hater tears.

This is correct
bartleby.com/73/195.html

I'm 99% sure this was debunked as an urban myth, can't be bothered to look it up right now tho.

The Virgin sidekick vs. The Chad partner.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greece
>The Hellenistic period lasted from 323 BC, which marked the end of the wars of Alexander the Great, to the annexation of Greece by the Roman Republic in 146 BC. Although the establishment of Roman rule did not break the continuity of Hellenistic society and culture, which remained essentially unchanged until the advent of Christianity, it did mark the end of Greek political independence.
>During the Hellenistic period, the importance of "Greece proper" (that is, the territory of modern Greece) within the Greek-speaking world declined sharply.
Greece arguably was in a period of cultural decline when Socrates said that.

>On Demand interfaces are hot garbage

So you don't have cable because even a retard can navigate On Demand

Not him, but being able to navigate it doesn't make it a pleasant experience. Same goes for cable boxes in general BTW.

Didn't Chris-Chan make a comic once where he tortured people to death for trolling him on the internet?
This feels kind of like that.

Because you live in America, where the supposedly sex-positive feminism has banned prostitution.

youtube.com/watch?v=sc1QHOvS_G0
>The poster in the background also says the flying graysons
>Hilarious

I mean, is pointing out something's flaws really that bad? Are people meant to consume shit without ever criticising anything? I think people have a right to like and watch whatever they want, but at the same time people have the right to point out flaws in it.
This just makes me think that the people behind this show have no argument for the thing people complain about and are just strawmaning in an attempt to show how they don't care, but it makes me feel that they do care some people don't enjoy their show.

Aaah, you quoted my post from the other thread.
I feel special now.

He stole it, he didn't quote it. Notice the lack of greentext.

It's not that pointing out flaws is bad, it's when you go out of your way to shit on things that other people are enjoying.

Having a gf on-demand is different from hiring a prostitute! Though I guess they exist in Japan somewhere.

>Having a gf on-demand is different from hiring a prostitute!
Um, no it isn't. That's literally the definition of prostitution.

>that smug batman above his head

>This is sad

it is a enormously successful show, the sad onesare the people who waste their time bitching about it for free

Well there was ambiguity as to if she lost her memories or was just repressing them and still recalled what happened. I would have loved an ending where Terra, Beastboy and/or the Titans were together in some capacity and were poised to take on Slade or whatever threat there is in the future. That way you still have the thematic message of being able to choose your on fate and make the right decisions to do good and I think way more people would have been content with Teen Titans 2003 ending and simply looked at TTG as annoying. To be honest a large part of the disdain for anything non 2003, myself included really just stems from the original taking the route that it did rather than the optimistic route I described

We're all user. I'm just happy someone thought it was good enough to reuse.

>it's when you go out of your way to shit on things that other people are enjoying.
YOU MEAN LIKE WHAT THE WRITERS OF THIS PIECE OF SHIT HAVE ALSO BEEN DOING?

Your sweet tears only make them stronger

>lol u mad
Great argument

>TTG in a nutshell

it's the only argument they have left

You are mad, bitch nigga. None of those gaga bother me because I'm not obsessed with a decade old cartoon and can accept that it ended

Obsession doesn't play into it. I'm still obsessed with 03TT yet TTG's trolling of spastic fucks are hilarious to me.
Like, it's a joke, nigga. Close your eyes. Turn of the screen.

At this point TTG is more obsessed with the 2003 series than the fans itself

The scores of rant videos and blogs going 4 years strong say otherwise

Not really. Nowadays people just hate the fact that its on 24/7 and the fact that its not a good show. You don't even have to be a n 03fag to realize that TTG isn't a good show.

>It's not butthurt at all
The lies you niggers tell.

You just have to have shit taste, cuz TTG is funny.
Like a kids cartoon version of Always Sunny.

I'm starting to believe the meme that TTG writers post here. No one can be this butthurt and thin skin over people not liking their show that or its fanbase are just really stupid.

>the most popular cartoon of their lineup is on 24/7
>newer shows get the best timeslot of the week
>if you missed it you have the option to watch it on the app
>they hook you up with earlier releases and other perks
it's like you don't understand CN's master plan.

>CN's reaches record low ratings than now rerun episodes of TLH is doing better than fucking premiere episodes

Hey remember when new episodes would reach over 2 million every week? Hey remember when Adventure Time and Regular Show scored 3 million in the ratings? Hey remember when CN beat Nick to claim the 2# spot for the first time in years back in 2013? Yeah...well I'm sure the app is doing well.

>using no u as argument
At least you tried.
Now fuck off.

>worrying about success on a dying medium while belittling success on a rising one
And I bet you think Hillary won, right?

It came across as them being really thin skinned and salty though.
All the ones where they answer their critics do honestly

>It came across as them being really thin skinned and salty though.
It always does since nobody really cares anymore and now hate TTG for being overplayed, which they made fun of in that episode, than not being like the 2003 series.

t. someone who doesn't actually remember how the old show ended and assumes it ended on a cliffhanger because Go! says it does

>cable TV
>dying medium
Stop reading so much "news" and think for yourself, user.

People were saying that before Go was even a thought, but sure

MGS2 is a masterpiece.

>implying younger demographics aren't leading the cable drop, damning its future viability

That's for economic reasons. Younger demographics can barely pay for Netflix because they struggle to cover basic needs, hence the popularity of piracy.

If and when the economy does improve, you'll see that change very quickly. If OTOH it doesn't improve soon enough, the decline of the cable industry is one of the last things you would want to worry about.

There are only three episodes that even acknowledge fans of the previous iteration.

>100+ episodes
>takes 3 or 4 of them to poke fun at old TT, old TT fans, and themselves
>"WOW IS THIS ALL THEY DO??? WHAT THE FUCK???"
The sour grapes is real.

It's more than just economic reasons, leafanon. Cable is a shit medium. People want their media when they want it. When the economy improves on-demand services will see major growth and grab market share from cable hand over fist.

YOU GOT THEM SOWAH GRAPES!

youtube.com/watch?v=q4VupyBwHRI

This this this

>leafanon
Are you stalking me?

Sup TTG writers!

Nothin' much enter! I saw that tantrum video you posted last night. You okay?

i love this show

not because of the humor or anything like that but because it is a never-ending festival of gloating over you nostalgiafaggots whose precious show ended like a decade ago lol

every episode of TTG is basically the team bragging

>lol we're the ones that make money for CN
>we're the ones who have free reign to do whatever we want with this shit
>we're the ones who weren't cancelled after a second season

hahahhahaha

see