Hayborian Storytime - Conan and the Jewels of Gwahlur

Heya! Here's a good miniseries form 2005, starring everyone's favorite barbarian. It's a direct adaptation of a Howard story by one of my favorite artists ever, the amazing P. Craig Russell. A little something different...

Thanks man, I've been looking for this. Couldn't even find a good torrent.

Yeah I'm not sure why Conan is wearing bicycle shorts in this thing, but hey, it's nor worse than his fur kilt from the old Marvel comics.

More than welcome! This is a pretty nice scan of the TPB.

He wears various things in the original short stories. In The Black Stranger I think he even dresses up as a Victorian-era pirate or somesuch.

Yeah, but I always thought the cut of these to be distinctly modern, and a little distracting. Might just be me.

>Aw, Crom!
kek

Yeah, oracles were responsible for a lot of major policy decisions back in the day. As goes the undead queen, so goes the nation!

Gotta love Russell's backgrounds. He really goes nuts with all that Aubrey Beardsley scribbly-bitting.

Pretty damned eerie to think that one word from an oracle could kill a man or ruin a nation.

He does a great job of making things atmospheric.

Conan is a practical guy.

>don't forget the loot!
A true RPer.

Ha! Conan is the sun source of every D&D explorer/adventurer cliche, yup.

Don'tcha hate it when the setup for your supernatural con game turns out to be real? Damn annoying.

It has got to be insanely difficult to pull the Scooby-Doo fake monster shit off in a fantasy world. All the monsters and legends invariably turn out to be real.

Y'all know Howard was a friend of H.P. Lovecraft, right? The original Conan stories are full of this freaky, monstrous, inexplicable shit that usually gets played down in the comics.

Yeah, all the nasty creatures in The Scarlet Citadel are some of the creepiest I've ever read about. Howard knew horror, nearly as well as Lovecraft.

And where Conan is not practical, he's crazy daring.

Conan's a basically a good guy. Treasure will come and go, but you don't just let poor girl fall.

I like that he doesn't even hesitate. It says so much about his character.

Another day, another scam. Thanks for posting, mang.

And the rest of the book is an iterview and sketchbook stuff, so I think I'll leave it there. Hope you liked! Next time, I might class up the place with one or another of Russell's opera adaptations.

Thanks for the storytime, user!