Wow, this aged way worse than I remembered

wow, this aged way worse than I remembered

Is there any 34 of her with hairy arms, legs, pits...?

didn't care for them being a couple, desu

The second movie stank, I'm glad Del Taco isn't involed anymore.

it's still a decent movie though.
I prefered it over the first one. Cause they embraced the cheese factor. Kinda like how Ghost Rider 2 did

The second one was great

Whadiyaknow, Perlman is not as gross as I remembered either.

That's not Selma Blair.

>Perlman is not as gross as I remembered either.
> Perlman
> gross
?????

Same. That bad the added human character are the only things I dislike about the first film.

The second one has tons of issues the second you stop to think about its plot. The story only exists and progresses by everyone being willfully stupid.

I was watching Golden Army the other day. It was surprisingly... flawed for such a good film.

>Many inhuman character's voices didn't sync up with their mouths
>Quite a bit of awkward dialogue
>People's hatred for Hellboy seemed a bit shoehorned
>Klaus's complete 180 literally justified as "There's a reason I'm changing my mind which I'll explain later but not really"
>Fight with the Golden Army was overly gratuitous (And wtf were Abe and Liz doing those whole five minutes?)
>Why didn't Liz just melt their crown piece so it couldn't be used as soon as they retrieved it?

Reminder that Nuada did nothing wrong and humans were dumb for forgetting about a pact that prevented them from getting genocided into oblivion.

There are others--why did anyone take Nuada's threats on Nuala seriously when they'd established that he couldn't harm her without harming himself? If Nuala was aware of the fact that her brother would know exactly where she was, why didn't she share this detail with anyone until the point where Nuada had actually broken in?

I thought it was pretty good, the romantic scenes were really dumb though.

It wsa really stupid, predictable, and the babbies ending was awful

I was never a huge fan of either movie because Hellboy was such a petulant child in both of them

In the first one you can stomach it because the moral of the story is him learning to grow and accept other people and himself

But that's ruined by the second one revealing that he once again became a petulant child and shipped that growth to Alaska or wherever it was

And the cartoons ultimately showed it as a waste of the talent involved because when they were playing those characters straight it was perfection

Golden Army is one of my favorite capeshit films tho.

Amazing costumes and makeup, fun and entertaining movies, but I never really liked how they portrayed Hellboy as a character.

He makes some dry jokes on the comics, but otherwise he's mostly very stoic and stone-faced. Definitely not a guy who gets into petty arguments or sulks about being different.

I guess the movies wanted to put a lot of focus on this "I don't fit in" and "people don't like me" thing which is basically non.existent in the comics. Also Hellboy/Liz will always be a thing that shouldn't exist.

This

Leather pants are so weird looking.

>Hellboy/Liz will always be a thing that shouldn't exist
it really grated on me I hated the human guy that existed just to make Hellboy jealous

the fuck?

how did this comment get ignored

At least they got rid of him for the sequel.

Standard comment for anything on Sup Forums user.

Exactly.
I'm sorry to say it, and I loved the movie initially it does not hold up on rewatch.

The aesthetics are top notch, no doubt, but the story takes a HUUUUGE nosedive after they leave the troll market

samefag

They usually have a bit of context. A bit.
Wrong, dummy. It's a fucking bizarre first post.

>They usually have a bit of context
no they dont what are you new?

One thing I absolutely hated was how castrated Abe was, Hellboy was now like a wise cracking emotionally stunted manchild and Abe wasn't as gungho or confident anymore.

The amusing thing is that, years after the fact, the Abe Sapien comic series did a pretty good job of handling the idea of a "monster" grappling with identity and place in a changing world.

I'm sorry, you seem to think we're on Sup Forums

Also what is with the influx of faggots calling everyone a newfag when they don't agree with them on something? Elitist fags.

reboot makeup looks like shit i hope they light him better than this because the shade of red they chose is really dark
>that hand
>that hair
>that door shaped torso
>that bmovie villain face

horns are too close together reeeeeeeee

>the torso
looks like comic hellboy and much more realistic than the OP image
>the face
a demon looks like a villain? whaaaa-?

the only difference between Sup Forums and the rest of the boards is blue and a topic

i meant it looks like bad horror movie makeup his lips look like shit

Im hyped for werejaguar action

It's trying to match the art.
Are you implying "bad b-movie horror" doesn't suit Hellboy anyway?

I disliked the hard turn into "humanity super sucks and hates and fears us mutants" shtick that the first one, and the comics, avoids. People have problems with Hellboy and the other paranatural heroes in the comics, but it's not as retardedly X-Men/Marvel civilian hate as it was in the second movie.

>wow, this aged way worse than I remembered
Is this a thread about the Blade movies?

I've never read Hellboy, why does he have a huge hand that looks like its made of stone?

So he can punch monsters with it.

I still love Blade 1 & 2 but the CGI is fucking shit. Especially in Blade 2 fight against those ninja vamps

Turns out those warnings about too much masturbation were actually understating the effects.

It's a key to start the apocalypse, which is ironically Hellboy's purpose for being born.

>>that bmovie villain face

he actually looks somewhat like Perlman did when he started out in that Beauty and the Beast show from the 80s with Linda Hamilton.

also this is obviously not the final result, fuck, the movie was only announced as happening a few months ago.

>>that hair

he's always had long hair, just usually has it in a topknot like a samurai or some shit.

no, see thats why you're either a extremely retarded and bitter oldfag who thinks all of Sup Forums is shitposting, or you're so new... that you think all of Sup Forums is shitposting.

either way, kill yourself.

both the major fights in Blade 2 looked like shit even when i saw it in the theatre when it came out. Its no wonder it looks even worse now.

and then you have Jurassic Park... still awesome.

i don't understand why both hellboy movies were so bland and mediocre. or maybe i don't understand what happened to del toro. pan's labyrinth was more tonally similar to the comics than the movie was.

Del Taco isn't really the best film maker, hes had countless projects drop mid development, lots of his movies although good haven't done that well financially.... He's a giant fanboy with movie making ability but he should stop directing and straight up go for creature designs and working with FX people and exec producing a movie not being at the helm of it.

he reminds me of GRR Martin slightly because of looks and age, and because theyre both giggling giddy little fanboys who get caught up in shit.

>The metallic hand
>The wasted opportunity to put the BPRD logo on the pouch

Honestly, it coulda been worse. We'll just have to wait and see characterization. Anyone know when the first trailer drops?

Ron Perlman is the only good thing about those fucking movies. The new one doesn't sound promising either.
>when Sup Forums alwats bitches how "Spider-Man never had a good film" (even if Raimi is fine as long as you're not a NOT MUH faggot), but likes Hellboy movies which actually were never good
I just don't understand that.

They could've been worse. They could've been like Crimson Peak. That was just plain bad.

That's the exact opposite of irony.

Hellboy isn't in the BPRD.

The spiderman movies are more popular so you get more contrarian points for saying their shit.

You can see where the mask ends around his eyes

Vaya con Dios, user

>that bmovie villain face
Now that you reminded me, for some reason it reminds me more of Goro from Mortal Kombat movie rather than comics Hellboy.

Because Hellboy, and the universe that cropped up around it, was never really much about the action. Most of it is quick frames of Hellboy punching a thing, or somebody deus ex machina-ing a solution to a major problem (as much as I loved Hell On Earth, that was how it went down).

Hellboy is very much about taking some cultural myth or some strange custom mythology and holding it up and shaking it in front of the reader going LOOK AT THIS LOOK AT THIS WEIRD THING. The first movie had a droplet of that. The second movie had more, but it was hampered by a flawed story. And both of them tried to shoehorn in a "where do I belong" plot alongside the action.

The Hellboy movies were essentially any given Hollywood adaptation of a series: stripped of its defining characteristics for the emphasis of elements either nonexistent or tangental in the source material for the sake of appealing to a broader audience.

well not now he's not, but he was

Barely.

>It's trying to match the art.
Fucking how? He looks like Angel from Buffy. He looks like how they make werewolves look in any low-budget movie or show.

Show me an example. You're being overly hyperbolic.

If you think the new makeup is even as remotely as poor in quality as that then you're just being purposefully contrarian.

He honestly needs a flatter mouth and would look 50% better. Bretty good though

I'm not talking about quality I'm saying they look physically similar. Hellboy in the comics doesn't look anything like that and while it is heavily stylized, Perlboy was pretty close. I think they could've got closer.

He was in it for most of his life.

Hellboy looks like a fucking 2d inked drawing so what the fuck is your point m8

listening to the commentary with mignola was really awkward

I guess he had more input on the first movie than the second. The part that always sticks in my mind is his story of how he argued with Del Toro about keeping kroenen's unmasked face in shadow or out of focus instead of blowing a close-up of his goofy looking mug right up on screen

I have to agree with him, that would have been better.
Del Toro ain't one for subtlety

Why won't they just do an animated movie? Fuck.

If the animated films were in the same style as Screw-On Head as opposed to Spectacular Spider-Man they'd be perfect

Based post

because that's an overlit garbage promo pic, also red as a color is so overpowering that you have to douse it in shadow. why do you think they stylized the lighting of Harbour's first pic?

lol why would he stop directing, his latest movie is won the main prize at the Venice Film Festival and is basically a shoe in for major oscar noms

Them fucking up Abe pissed me off so much. I know I'm being autistic, but I get those little REE feelings when people talk about how much they liked Abe in the movies

What? Abe's solo comic is unambiguously the worst Mignolaverse comic

Maybe because it's so blatantly attention seeking