Alright Sup Forums, what would happen if John Constantine, the Laughing Magician himself...

Alright Sup Forums, what would happen if John Constantine, the Laughing Magician himself, ended up in the town of Twin Peaks? How would he deal with the supernatural bullshit permeating the place? How would he react to IT even?

I appreciate you trying, but A SHILL THREAD IS STILL A SHILL THREAD.

How is asking a question shilling?

Don't bother user, some anons are just assholes. John would have no problem with IT, but Twin Peaks is tricky because nothing there is purely "magical". Consideringthe ending, it might have been a dream.

It is as powerful or as weak as you believe, and John is the master of selling bullshit so hard it actually starts working. It lasts 5 minutes tops.

Yeah, John would do well against IT (so long as he doesn't let It use It's Deadlights), but I'm unsure how Twin Peaks would work. Especially when you take into count JUDY.

Look dude. I understand that Sup Forums is an amazingly shit board where it is impossible to have discussion. But that doesn't mean you can bring a Sup Forums topic here with a shitty 'but what if CROSSOVER' so you can actually discuss the Sup Forums thing you like.

All that does is encourage the shit that's over there to come here.

Shilling what?

The IT movie.

I rarely browse Sup Forums. The only thing I really care about concerning it are the occasional TP threads. Didn't make this thread with the intent of bringing over Sup Forums cancer. Besides, this boards Catalog is equally cancerous right now.

What was the deal with that bug crawling in that girl's mouth anyway? Jewday (or however it was spelled) as well. I mean, the bomb opened the way, the "spirits" came in, but what was so different about her?

The implication was that she was Sarah Palmer, and the frog-bug thing was a way for Jowday to assume direct control. At least, that's the most simple theory.

Hmm. How does that fit with EP18 though? I mean, wasn't the whole point that it was all a dream? "Laura" hears "Sarah" calling her, she screams, and the dream/tv show, ends.

The big theory is that it's a "dream", but even then, note that the woman inhabiting the Palmer House in Odessa was one "Alice Tremond" who had started to inhabit the house after the previous owners, the "Chalfonts" left. Both Tremond and Chalfont are names that one particular Lodge entity went by, thus raising the implication that the Black Lodge is still fucking around. And then there's where Claire/Laura works in Odessa, literally called "Judy's Diner".

I guess we'll never know the "true" truth. If EP18 still was a dream, then is anything "real"?

>If EP18 still was a dream, then is anything "real"?
I guess we could consider the Lodge entities to be the most "real". The implication given I'd that they are beyond the material multiverse, and merely participate within it in order to play their parts in the eternal battle of Good vs Evil. From their perspective, everything may as well be a dream.

Hmm, good analysis user.

It's honestly some of the most we can gleam from people's interactions with these beings. Even the White Lodge entities were unfathomably alien despite their general benevolence.

He would leave.

The whole set up of Twin Peaks was that what was once good has slowly moved to become evil. There aren't *opposing* forces, just the remnants of what came before. Evil is predominant and increasing. And that's what we end on: the evil increasing. What's a dream and what isn't doesn't really matter: evil prevails, evil increases. Whatever was before is gone and fading.

Everything else in the series is an externalization of that and while you might also make points about how Lynch demonizes Americana (or just shows its demonic aspects) or handled abuse-as-horror incredibly well, that's always been the scariest part of Twin Peaks for me. The hopelessness.

That's why I don't think it crosses over with horror that is more combative and hopeful well. Constantine is basically hopeful at heart.

Like this >the eternal battle of Good vs Evil
In Twin Peaks, do you think this really exists? We only ever see the Black Lodge. We only ever know of the White Lodge in the past. The entities we think of as "good" are also in the place of utmost evil.

So I don't see this dualism of good vs. evil in Twin Peaks as current. If there was a battle, it wasn't eternal and it's already over. All Cooper does is struggle on the way to his own defeat, and that might be all any incarnation of Cooper can ever do.

Yeah, Twin Peaks went from a comfy/campy detective show, to being full-blown Cosmic Horror where Evil will inevitably win no matter what you do. It is so incredibly depressing.

I think it's fucking great. It's so purely a vision of the creator and I really love that we were able to get another season of that amidst so many of these shows which are just extended and extended until they fall apart into marketing and meaningless twists and turns.

Don't get me wrong, I love the series as a whole. Its just kinda disheartening how everything Coop does amounts to nothing in the end against the sheer totality of Evil. Man, I just want someone to write a fic featuring the shit that goes down in Twin Peaks, maybe toss in characters from other settings to see how they would react to it all.

You seem mad

>ancient eldritch monster from another universe beyond our own
>looks like a human dude with no face
I'm sick of this cheap shit. Either make something unfathomably weird or don't put lovecraft shit into your show

I think the "Experiment" was just some mad attempt to give Judy/Jowday/Jia Dei a physical form. It wasn't -really- Judy in full.

user how about you fucking watch Twin Peaks and come back with that shit.

Twin Peaks does weirdness better than pretty much any other movie or TV show you could name, and it's not "Lovecraft shit" other than people who appropriate that name for just about anything talking about the idea of evil or more elevated secondary worlds (which were around before Lovecraft in the first place).

How into Lovecraft's contemporaries are you? Twin Peaks is more Arthur Machen or William Hope Hodgson than H.P. Lovecraft (and let us note both of these men wrote stories before Lovecraft did).

>YOU CAN NEVER DISCUSS SOMETHING WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
get raped and bleed out you tryhard newfaggot

Not well. Con-Job might be able to outmaneuver all of the human antagonists, and would probably visit some righteous hell on Leland Palmer, but there's no real bargaining with Lodge entities. i'd imagine he'd be able to bottle Bob up someplace, and maybe trap certain antagonists in the Black Lodge, but more curious is how he'd interact with The Fireman and Mike, or Jiao Dei for that matter. The Bookhouse Boys would be perpetually pissed at him. It goes without saying that he and Audrey Horne would smash within minutes of meeting one another. The story would probably have John getting in some tight spot where he'd trump the bad guy at the cost of some beloved character.

>but more curious is how he'd interact with The Fireman and Mike, or Jiao Dei for that matter.
He'd probably be very confused. He's used to his supernatural forces making -some- sense, even if only just the tiniest bit.

>It goes without saying that he and Audrey Horne would smash within minutes of meeting one another.
Of course. For anything else to happen would be heresy of the highest sort.

Jeffries aged well.

That's a duck penis.

Very well indeed. He hardly looks a day over 50!

i'm sorry but sarah being judy the whole time makes no fucking sense, she's never done anything malevolent prior to the new series - the more reasonable theory is that sarah was possessed after leland's death due to grief or some such bullshit

it's the whole bleak atmosphere that makes me think that there's something we're - the original series, and especially Fire Walk With Me, are such optimistic pieces of work. it's bizarre that Laura, who is essentially treated as an angel in the ending of FWWM, is reduced to a drug-addicted criminal in the final scenes of The Return. even earlier in the return, we see that Laura is so good that the giant is using her in the battle against evil, and Judy isn't able to destroy her picture in E17 - so why does her story have such a miserable ending?