How can DC make the Titans franchise good?

It's no secret that the Teen Titans franchise is largely fucking terrible.

How would you make it good, anons?
HARD MODE: No evil Titans, no mole traitor, no A TITAN DIES, no Trigon.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JohnByrneSays/status/908448448218898432
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Make it more like/replace it with Young Justice.
Comic Young Justice mind you.

I love that picture.
So much cannon fodder

From the current Rebirth run:

>Drop Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy
>Add in Superboy (Jon)
>Add in/keep Red Arrow (Emiko)
>Add in Blue Beetle (Jaime)

That way you have an entire fresh roster of characters entirely of one generation together to play off of and build up, the way the 80s Titans did. Still mostly sidekicks with a dash of non-sidekick teen hero (Blue Beetle).

Is Teen Titans really better when it's mostly legacy characters? Or do you all think the franchise would do better if it had more "original characters" like Starfire, Gar, Raven, Solstice, etc).
Cause the pic looks like it's 75% legacy/sidekick/knock off character.

I think the Jurgens team was the only one that was mostly new characters because editorial blocked him from using other popular characters. They are the ones floating above Red Robin and Joker's Daughter in that picture.

I'm still salty about Berganza choosing Jurgens over Morrison and then editorial still buttfucking Jurgens.

Is that the artist inserting himself next to Hawk and Beastboy?

There should be four Titans teams:

Dick's team(based on NTT)

Tim's team(based on YJ)

Damian's team which should use some of the newer heroes like Jon and Emiko.

The fourth team would be a black ops team of sorts.

And have four terrible teams? No thanks.

I think a fair mix of both legacy and original characters is ideal

Or as compromise legacies of less well known characters
People loved the OYL team with Ravager, Ms. Martian and Kid Devil

Teams with 7

Dick - Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Donna and Flash (wally)

Tim - Red Robin, Wondergirl, Superboy (Conner), Kid Flash (Bart), Blue Beetle, Kid Devil and Ravager (Rose)

Damian - Robin, Superboy (Jon), Emiko, Impulse (Iris West), Miss Martian (deaged), Tim Hunter and G`nort

I feel likeI should've been EXTRA HARD MODE: No NTT because I think that's the only thing people know what to do

Talon was a Teen Titan?

There's nothing wrong with the Titans. The years that everyone acts like were complete shit were no worse than those years of X-Men. It's just Titans never had a Morrison run to turn the franchise around like X-Men did.

That's literally the only problem, you haven't had anyone of big talent or clout work on the franchise in years.

The Outsiders was already the black ops team.

During the missing year

Well there you go.

GET MORRISON TO DO A TITANS RUN.

Problem solved.

Johns was the big talent on the franchise for years. He was on for about 50 issues IIRC.

His run is the only other TT run that people actually like.

I imagine his would be something like this

and it took a huge nosedive when he left, with things like the Wonder-Twins getting eaten by their dog and shit

Whatever happened to the Outsiders? They haven't been around in years.

Lemire used the name in his Green Arrow run, but it was not the same kind of thing.

They were brought up in Metal already. Everyone thought that new Terrifics series was going to be Outsiders

They didn't sell well for a while before they got cancelled so after new 52 DC didn't bother trying to launch a book.
And now Katana and Black LIghtning, two of the more well known members, are in other team books.

Imagine the salt of "Teen Titans" fans (that is, those who only knew about the team because of the cartoon) when they see that their 3 favorite characters are nowhere to be seen

They don't read comics despite how much dc wished they did.

Titans should be about actual teens. Once you are old enough you should leave the franchise. Keeping characters like Dick anchored to the franchise when they are in their 20s is pathetic. It turns the franchise into just a less capable Justice League team no one cares about and there is zero room for development.

except dick IS pathetic

user you can't just throw morrison at every problem. Imagine what the world would be if you did.

I wouldn't even be mad. Starfire,Raven and BB should have been on Nightwing's team since the beginning of Rebirth.

>NTT AGAIN
You aren't helping

It's better than saddling them with Damian

Not really
Damian should just be killed again since he's the worst thing about Percy's TT

That is Nightwing. Dick is good when he is other things.

There was a time when the books Young Justice (little tweens) and Titans (adults) ran, but then they got cancelled for the 2003 Johns Teen Titans series

Titans being a bootleg JL isn't a bad idea.
It just needs to be executed properly.

Makes them so redundant though.

I feel like the star creation of from the Teen Titans is its biggest problem. Very few of it's members still have main lines series or are part of big team books. A small percentage of them ever join a version of the Justice League or the Justice Society. Is it such a problem to have some of the team graduate to bigger teams?

>Is it such a problem to have some of the team graduate to bigger teams?
Yes?
People who read the main JL book don't want Roy. People would want to see Zatanna, not Zachary.
Half of the people in OPs pic being a sidekick means they won't get to move up unless the person they work for leaves. And like the two times Dick has been on the League, they get demoted when they come back.

Damian's team needs Nobody.

I would be ok with this. She's a more original character.

This is Genius

But by them doing that they devalue the characters and makes the teams seem more factory like. The reason people want Zatanna, besides the obvious, is because characters like Zachary aren't given the opportunities to grow with other characters. Do some character just flop? Yeah. But 80% of the Teen Titan characters are treated like that and it just like they weren't given chances that other characters were given.

Include Nobody II for more girl power and I agree. Although blue beetle seems a bit...old.

All DC superhero teams that aren't the Justice League or the Doom Patrol are redundant.

Titans needs to be the book for young sexy people. More like New X-Men. And lose the dead weight characters like Malcolm, Bumblebee, and Garth.

>Static Shock
>Miss Martian
>BatGirl
>BlueBeetle
>Kid Devil
>HarleyQuin
>krypto

They have to face off with aliens on a war planet where they are hunted. A few other throw away characters are thrown in with them but get picked off while everyone finds each other, they start off in small groups eventually coming together to fight a controlling force after finding their way to the Moon where it's all being controlled. Starts off jungle and survival, then wreckage of a lost civilization is found and they fight I'm the middle of a lost city for control of a space craft that will fly them to the planets moon. After the confrontation with an alien dictator triggering the events of a revolution and winning an entire planets freedom before they are teleported back to earth by Superman after they were able to send a message across space using ancient technology. They all decide they work best together, and the justice league agrees, thus forming the Terrific Teen Titans!

Hey, here, thanks to all for replying to me here. I agree with Nobody II being on the team, and either keeping her Nobody or even turning her into Wonder Girl IV like some corners of the fandom want to is perfectly fine by me. Blue Beetle is mostly an idea from the otherwise-terrible New52 DC Animated Movies (since it allows Damian's Teen Titans a tech guy). I'm gonna do some more thoughts:

>Dick's Titans should be the O5
>Add in Kyle Rayner/Ion as a part-time member
>Add in Karen Starr/Power Girl as a full-time member

Kyle and Karen are both in Dick's age cohort and Kyle especially has connections to the Titans (Wally being his bro, Donna his ex, briefly an official Titan) and essentially is the Green Lantern of that age cohort, even if he was never actually a sidekick. PG fits for the same age cohort reasons and to give her needed connections to the wider DCU, and hey, she was once a full-fledged sidekick in her current canon history via New52's Earth-2 making her the onetime Supergirl there.

I'm seeing this as essentially a more soap-operatic Justice League, but on the other hand, them being the official in-universe B-List allows for greater characterization past the set-in-stone personalities and connections the actual JL has and will never get to fully develop. If JL is forced to "just" be high-concept adventures with the members as "merely" co-workers (if really good friends), the adult Titans can play up the "they grew up together, they're a FAMILY!" aspect in contrast and have their adventures affect the members more.

>NTT
>Restore Starfire, Raven, and BB's histories and ages
>but whatever you do don't slap them on Dick's Titans

That forces writers to figure out new stuff for them, but restores their needed history and characterization that strengthened them and the O5 together. They can guest star very occasionally in Dick's Titan's but nothing more.

(to be continued)

Priest

(continued)

>Young Justice
>O4 restored
>Add in Aquagirl II (Lorena Marquez)
>Add in Speedy II (Mia Dearden)
>Add in Miss Martian
>rotate popular non-sidekick heroes that associated with them like Bunker, Secret, Miss Arrowette/Artemis/etc. as a regular feature

If Damian's Titans is developing a whole new roster of characters and being the Teen Titans as originally conceived (a fun adventure book to hook young readers into reading heroes their age) and Dick's Titans as essentially the misfit, bootleg JL, soap-operatic X-Men as says (I like this description).... well, Young Justice is really redundant between those two Titans extremes, but this is basically a containment book for 90s fags and collects all the heroes of Tim's age cohort. I figure having rotating teen heroes as a way to let us see whatever happened to (X character) is a bit of a unique hook though. Use it to explore the greater DCU.

I've tried hard to separate all the age cohorts as appropriate, because I think you REALLY NEED some hard and fast lines between who is within Dick's age range, Tim's, etc. so they can properly (re-)develop connections with one another. That way each cohort has a Super-sidekick, Aqua-sidekick, Bat-sidekick, and maybe a one-off sidekick (Kyle for Dick's Titans, Miss Martian for YJ) and a flurry of non-sidekick heroes associated with each group (Blue Beetle/Jaime for Damian's Teen Titans, the NTT quartet for Dick's Titans, the people mentioned for YJ).

Hope you all enjoyed my concepts.

Why Kyle is there???

He dated Donna for a while, and had a few appearances in the series titled "Titans" in the late 1990s

>No evil Titans, no mole traitor, no A TITAN DIES, no Trigon.
INSANE TITANS
ALL TITANS DIE
MEGA TRIGON!

Wut. Post page?

There's a Young Frankenstein? Like the Mel Brooks movie?

That dog should have been raping and not eating Cassie and the female twin.

Nevermind, just saw the page.

Posting it anyways for proof

The cover

Was Barda also a titan?

But was he actually a Titan? a member in form of the team???

Oh it tried, it tried.

>wasting morrison on titans

Marvin and Wendy deserve better.

When was Jason on the titans?

Exactly, instead of kill her brother and make her a cripple (I think at the end she become into the sidekick of Oracle, Proxy but anyway) that dog should have been raping Cassie and the female twin.
I mean in Canada is already legal right?

It's funny, I just noticed that their picture on wikipedia is the cover of that issue.
I was slightly wrong, he was on the New Teen Titans team for a handful of issues before Morrison's JLA started
That's "Little Barda" and I don't remember anything about her. She appeared during that One Year Later skip

You can fuck dogs in Canada? Don't tell Humphries that.

I mean can you imagine? The epic romance story of the love triangle between Cassie, Wendy and the (evil)Wonderdog of Ares???
Could have been less disgusting than the dog of Ares eating the sons of the Calculator.

So Teen Titans 2003?

Somewhere John Byrne is having a stroke. That cassie is a little old for him.

My awful idea of a pipe-dream:

>Have some CRISIS event, where all the big-hitters are out of commission for a while, which causes the heroes to reconsider how they organize themselves/work together. Justice League is convinced they need to have an immediate succession plan.

>Dick chosen as leader of "Young Justice", to form a team that will immediately takeover in the event of the main League being unavailable. Training from hell from JL-ers, prep for impending crisis event, lots of emphasis of "passing the torch"

>Damian & other young-teen heroes (Damian not necessarily leader) decide they need to know each other better. Form the Teen Ttitans (throwback to Dick's "Titans"). Broad admiration of their older counterparts and how well they work together/trust each other, which understanding that they're a new and different group with different strengths. More focus on crossing over with each others' stories / settings

>Tim's "in-betweeners" become the new Outsiders, led at arms-length/mentored by Jason Todd. More heroes that have fallen off the "good path"/more willing to break the rules, who believe the previous CRISIS event was far more sinister than widely believed, but failed to get sanction from JL to take more extreme measures. A much more tight-knit group, who are personally invested in each other. Stories center on the self-contained team, doing black-ops shit and discovering more intel on the next CRISIS.

And what about this???

still too old

reminder he's had a 12 year old strapped to a table with a camera up her vagina

This was from Next Men or something

Relevant quote:
>Alpha Flight had Marina with gigantic knockers. Not at all the character. And look quickly DC converted Cassie Sandsmark into jail bait.)
twitter.com/JohnByrneSays/status/908448448218898432

bump

Damn I would read that, it was a really fresh issue.

If I wanted to read about a bunch of whiny superheroes being complete cunts to each other I'd read Avengers.

of course it isn't legal to fuck a dog in canada. but the retards there still think it's okay to do other stuff to animals as long as here's no penetration.

Make it its own comtinuity where heroes age out and new ones are trained

Set different arcs in different decades of the 20th & 21st centuries

>Turn the current Rebirth run into a good version of the goddam shitstorm JLU became:
Add in Superson, Blue Beetle, Tera & NuWally, and put Star in Titans, TO START.
Then have Robin designing/ assigning teams to deal with specific threats as a mysterious uptick in crime has the Teen Titans spread thin, or dare I say
>reintroduce a team of villians to oppose them in units: S6, SoE, LoD

Oh god if they ever bring back Blue Devil & Kid Devil I think the dehydration would kill me, yaknow, from all the cumming.

The Titans really do need a villain team to oppose them.

>Tim should just be killed again since he's the worst thing about Batman .

>it's a "Timfags and Damianfags have an autistic shitflinging session while everyone else would like to see a non-Bat character get some prominence" episode

how about just give them fun adventures

all this whining about Teen Titans are just Jasonfags or the occasional Timfag being their usual selves.

Put a good writer on it, also those:

Make the TEEN Titans actually do TEEN things like go to school and have social, home lives to deal with. And having to balance the secret identity part more.

I ain't got much since I'm not a big fan of teen/kid team books for this reason, they just always suck. Unless it's manga/anime which seems to handle the genre way better, but again, it's because they mix the real life in with the wacky adventures. I'm not a weeb either, just saying maybe someone needs to study what makes teens with powers work well in manga and apply it to the Teen Titans.

>Drop Raven, and Beast Boy .Starfire,

Before COIE

You've got to remember that this is a team book we're talking about, bringing in the social and home lives of each character will eat your page count. That's not even getting into reconciling the logistics of normal teenage lives with superheroics in a setting not native to the superhero in question. For example, Blue Beetle lives and operates in El Paso, Texas, putting him on TT means you have to explain how he's able to frequently engage in superheroics with the TT, who traditionally operate out of San Francisco or New York.

Superboy, Aqualad, Robin, Blue Beetle, Miss Martian.

Use cheaper paper, a simpler artstyle and extend the number of pages to 200.

>turn a comic into a pseudomanga
Why do people keep suggesting this as if it wouldn't raise the price and make a comic dead on arrival?

Name?

Name?
Thanks.

Kole
Argent

Thanks.
Weird, who is this then?
I thought this was Argent.

Mirage

Kole was made as a sacrificial character for Crisis of the Infinite Earths. Marv Wolfman and George Perez were pushing all other DC teams to offer up characters they could kill in Crisis but were themselves reluctant to kill any of their New Teen Titans, so they created Kole for no other reason than to bump her off.

I'm sure they had their reasons, killing of a Titan would've messed with their long-term plans, but they seemed indifferent of the very same thing happening to other creative teams being asked to kill off a couple of their characters. A wee bit of hypocrisy there.

Read up on the history of the Crisis' behind-the-scenes creation. Its amazing that series ever got off the ground.