How would you make a sidekick for him? Not Miles allowed

How would you make a sidekick for him? Not Miles allowed.

A spider bitten by a radioactive human.

A black boy, wears a spider suit but blue parts are black. Has some sick spider gimmick like shooting acid or venom

I wish that thing where Hope was hanging out with him went somewhere. She'd be a fun sidekick.

Some nerd guy who sends electronic spider drone(s) to fight alongside Spidey, spraying slippery substances on the floor or hacks doors.
Basically that one dude from Kim Possible mixed with that thingy that tags alongside Booster Gold.

You dont. Thats part of the reason why Miles sucks so bad. Because prior to post-OMD Spider-Man Peter has shown time and time again (Spider-Kid, Frog Man, Toad, ECT.) that he doesnt want a sidekick or successor because he views his life as toxic and dangerous and doesn't want to be responsible for someone else's death. If I was FORCED to, I'd give Peter a kid who develops their spider mutation. Peter forbids them from crime fighting, but the child of the great Spider-Man disobeys and continues to sneak out and fight crime. After they nearly die and get better from hospis the kid goes on a rant about how they won't stop. His will make Peter realize that the kid is his child and therefore thinks like him, and won't just stand by as people get hurt. This would lead to Peter realizing that the only way to keep them safe is to properly train them to handle dangerous situations.

A frog sidekick like Froppy.

Shut up Eugene.

Why would he have a sidekick? He's extremely independent and want the same for any partner he has. It might work for a while but Peter would want them to do what's best for them.

Little kid with [disease of choice] gets taken over by a symbiote that keeps him alive so Spidey takes him under his wing to prevent him from going down the wrong path.

>Don't talk to me or my son ever again.

He goes to Japan on a trip for the Daily Bugle and finds his alternate version and future soulmate SupaidaMan. They have a bit of a rivalry at first, but Peter Parker is ultimately won over by Supaidaman's sexy robot Jaguar. They bond over their mutual love of motorcycles and Peter agrees to move in with his boyfriend and live out his dream of being the first Gaijin to win a Nobel peace prize.

First of all Peter would have to stop being "young nerd guy", but it also has to be young enough to not have a teen daughter so we don't have a repeat of "daughter of Spider-Man". So he has to be veteran Spider-Man, out of collage but not married, like 28 pushing 30.

Second he needs to meet a teenager who has a link to him, like he's a teachers who has the teen in his class or he's a scientist who's accident causes the teens powers. The teens powers also have to be arachnid based, as to keep the theme going.

Third, this is getting a little to Batman and Robin like, So we change that dynamic. Have Peter be super excited about having a "side-kick" and have the teen be all moody and junk. Their could be a story of Peter failing to keep the teen out of trouble and the teen joins a team of evil mutant teenagers. A story where the teen gets angry with Peters happy attitude, so Peter goes all grim-dark to teach the teen a lesson or something. The teen could end up killing guy and we have to deal with that.

But that's just me.
>TL;DR THEY WON'T CHANGE SPIDERMAN SO IT WON'T HAPPEN

One of his AU daughters becoming canon.

Spider's best friend, of course. Only acceptable answer.

>You dont. Thats part of the reason why Miles sucks so bad. Because prior to post-OMD Spider-Man Peter has shown time and time again (Spider-Kid, Frog Man, Toad, ECT.) that he doesnt want a sidekick

Miles is another universe spider-man, he was mentored by spider-woman and shield. But then, throw to the 616 universe. Peter Parker got a partner relationship with miles not a sidekick one. But, he does give him a few tips here and there.

Miles. BUT not written by Bendis.

I think the most viable solution is essentially an apprenticeship. Spider-man takes on some teenager for a year or two until they have the experience or confidence necessary to do their own thing. But for him to consider it the kid needs to be alone in the world and also get their powers from an accident. For all Slott's flaws, I think Alpha was a step in the right direction. But that ship has sailed and Alpha's powerset doesn't compliment Spider-man's in any real way.

This character also can't be a science genius, because that would just make him Peter 2.0 which would be boring. I'd instead make him a high school athalete with an abrasive personality coming from a lack of self esteem and bad grades Peter has to help him work through. He knows how to move and fight, it's just the parts of life and heroism that aren't violent he has trouble with.

In terms of powers I'd say a cricket is a good base. He can jump well, has good strength like a chinese fighting cricket, and also serves as a good base for non spider gadgets that would be simple enough for a slightly dim kid who's trying hard to eventually make. He can have an antenna on his suit to act as a kind of radio and police scanner(which he probably made my taking apart an old phone), a simple hook to support his weight after jumping onto a high ledge since he can't stick to walls, and after a year or so of publication some kind of sonic weapon to round out the whole thing(probably just something that can break glass or distract).

After a bit of play with the sonic weapon he's probably ready to begin his solo career and make his own way, and wouldn't be more than an occasional guest appearance. He'd graduate highschool and get a scholarship out to a different city.

But i want a Robin-like sidekick for him.

Either some kid from Parkers time as a teacher becomes an Inhuman or accidentally gets powers some other way and does something stupid with it's powers (How long ago was that anyway?) Is on the run and looking for help. Or one of the X-kids Spidey taught just kind of misses hanging around him and tags along on adventures for a little while.

Ghost of Uncle Ben.

I always thought it would be fun to see him and Squirrel Girl working together.

I wonder why no one has ever attempted to put them in a relationship together, it would be interesting.

White Rabbit says she wants to try going hero, so Spider-Man takes on White Rabbit as a sidekick to show her the ropes of how to be a superhero! Hi-jinks ensue!
It's a disaster, and doesn't work out after 2 issues. She goes right back to villainy, after revealing she had been purposely trying to destroy Spider-Man the whole time.

Isn't it obvious?

Hueg genetically engineered bugman. Maybe throw in some spider for some Other shenanigans. It saw spidey in action one time, became inspired, and now tries to emulate him. But despite being a giant, ugly, fucking freak, it has the mind of a child, so it doesn't really know shit about basic concepts and morality. So its up to spidey to teach it right from wrong, responsibility, and mold it into a hero before becomes truly EBIL

Or you know, they can just bring back Mayday

Hot girl and love interest who is more in love with Spider-Man and uninterested in Peter Parker. She could start off as an acrobatic thief but then come to the side of good.

Then introduce suffering a rape into her backstory at a later date to recontextualize her brazen sexuality.

There's no real reason for a super-powered someone who can function quite well on their own to have a side-kick.

In fact, the only reason Batgod had one in the early GA was because it was determined that the character of Batman was dour and dull AND Alfred hadn't yet become a thing.

Uhhhh

What about Slingers?

Instead of a young kid, how about you reverse it and make it someone older? If Peter is the spry young one, then flip the common superhero/sidekick relationship trope and make the sidekick someone older and showing their age (which is sort of like how young sidekicks are a liability sometimes due to being inexperienced)

Do it sort of like BTAS Batgirl, where this person just takes it upon themselves to go out and help Spidy keep NY safe, much to Peters annoyance.

Then while Peter is teaching this person about being a hero, the older person can give Peter life advice about relationships and work.

Why would a 30 year old need relationship advice
>Mephistoverse is still a thing.
Nevermind

Is Sup Forums done shitting on Marvel for rubles now or are they still being paid to pimp the entire user population of the site for Russian troll farms?

Seriously, I'd like to know if there's a point in ever coming back again to this whorehole that doesn't even enforce their own fucking moderator rules.

If the answer's NO I'll be back to ask again in a month if I can't actually find a better site.

I've looked, there are no better sites. 8ch was okay for about the first 6 months, not that bad for the 6 after that, and is now downright unusable. Everywhere else makes you register or is a barely-visited graveyard.

Reddit seems more your speed. : ^)

No sidekicks; maybe an on-again-off-again partner whom they can quip with back and forth, and turn Spidey's usual routine into a "manzai duo" sort of thing, with the two trading the role of straight man here and there.

Have the powers complement Peter's powerset, so they can synergize well in combat. Whether that means they're another Spider-themed hero or not is ultimately up in the air.

Undo OMD.
Have Spider-Man marry MJ.
Do some weird shit where they get sucked into some alternate dimension where time moves faster and everything is all high medieval fantasy with dragons and wizards and shit so that "A wizard did it" is the plot convenience for why it happened in the first place, and when they get back from it after Kaine keeps the book warm for a year or two, both Peter and MJ are about 10 years older.
And they also have an 8 year old daughter, Annie Mayday Parker, who takes up the mantle of Spider-Girl, and goes on adventures with her dad while MJ sits at home sharpening swords all day because that cooky fantasy land basically turned her into a milfy Red Sonja.

Then you can have Peter solo stories.
Peter and Annie stories.
Peter and MJ stories.
MJ and Annie stories.
Annie stories.
MJ stories.
And family bonding time stories just like renew your vows. Except with a sword and sorcery wife and not a venom wife, because if it wasn't obvious I really liked those Spider-Man and Red Sonja cross-over events.

I thought him and Gravity had some good interactions. Too bad Gravity is all but forgotten.

first choice: redeem Black Cat and make them a duo again.
second choice: some kind of teenaged wizard that has a solid grasp of arcane knowledge but only a handful of combat spells. that way they can do things Spider-Man can't, but they don't overshadow him in an obnoxious like Alpha did

Christ that looks bad.

Good thing Marvel have no sidekick policy

You see? that is where you are wrong, trying to force shit like "give a sidekick to somebody who doesn't need it" is part of why marvel is shit right now.
You know what they say, "if it ain't broke, don't force diversity in it"

Wasn't that the original Toxin?

That looked alright until the wall pummeling starded. Fuck, even some slight camera shaking could have improved that shit if you were lazy.

What are you talking about, user ? He already has a sidekick.

Venom-X or bust

I'd make him have a Rival/Partner in The Prowler

This. Also, as much as I hate Slott, I can't help but admit that I did like the entire thing with Clash, specially those oldschool flashbacks to rookie Spidey.

w-what happens to the frog when the eggs are hatched?

The radioactive spider that turned him into Spider-Man

im assuming he's in his college teacher stage so,
a female student who proves to be really good coming up with gadgets and stuff.
she decides to go superheroing one day but she is scared shitless, she is not very good at it and she kind of hates it but she still wants to help.
peter takes her under his wing and she becomes a tactical suporter, basically a more hands on version of oracle, she doesnt get directly involved in the fights but scouts on the fringes of it, providiing tactical support and throwing the ocassional gadget in spidey's way

Don't make a "sidekick," but a deuteragonistic figure a la Ben or Kaine. Or take advantage of the time travel meme and give us Miguel.

Is that Tom Holland on the left?
Spiderverse movie confirmed?

Miguel already returned to 2099 m8

Given the that the point of Spider-Man is the whole burden of power thing, Spidey should get a sidekick who is either way stronger than he is or has the potential to be way stronger.

So then you have the angles of Spider-Man trying to rein in this new kid while also adding to his own list or responsibilities.

And of course it's Spider-Man so the kid goes full supervillain and Spidey has to bring him down all the while being wracked with guilt.

Hornet's dead (replaced by his niece) and I forget what happened to the rest, though they're going to be showing up in Scarlet Spider.

First post best post also underrated post

They stick around to protect the next clutch of eggs. Or they die of old age and the spider eats their remains.

You know if Marvel wasn't so keen on How Do You Do Fellow Kids'ing Spider-man all the time and they actually let him be a fucking adult for once, this would be a great fucking line to follow. Peter is the definition of battle hardened, he'd make a great mentor.

Don't worry about it

A flyer with long range capabilities.