Why do Veterans love to pull the Veteran card out in any and all debates? It gets annoying...

Why do Veterans love to pull the Veteran card out in any and all debates? It gets annoying, I've seen BOTH liberal and conservative vets do it and all it does is shut down the conversation.

Usually they get mad and yell about how they're a veteran and they fought for your freedom of speech, which ironically has the effect of stopping the conversation.

Why brag about fighting for freedom of speech, only to use it to stifle speech?

Vets out there, please stop dropping the fact that you're a vet in the middle of a political debate, people won't say it, but we hate you when you do that shit. It's the same thing when women bring up the fact that they're women or blacks bring up the fact that they're black mid political debate. Stop it already. If you want respect don't shove it in people's faces.

Also if you fought in Iraq or Vietnam you didn't fight for our freedom of speech, you didn't fight for shit. Afghanistan, WW2, WW1, yes you fought for something worthwhile. Iraq, vietnam vets, you didn't fight for jack. Sorry.

Other urls found in this thread:

chrishernandezauthor.com/2012/11/13/stealing-valor-for-a-free-meal/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

being a vet is only impressive if you were drafted and you faced danger

otherwise shut the fuck up

WOOO I WAS A MUHREEN. THATS NOT HOW WE DID IT IN THE MARINES.

DID YOU KNOW I WAS A MARINE? I KNOW ABOUT GUNS BECAUSE MUHREEENS.

TEMPER PIE :DDD

Veteran here bruh. I'd laugh at the mothe fucker in his face and call him a faggot if someone ever tried to win an argument with that card. Most vets are cool, but honestly some of the leggit stupidest people I've met in my life were in the military.

you sound mad
u mad bro?

I've literally heard people argue for vets rights only to be shouted down by vets about how that person isn't a vet, lul.

Okay, guess you don't want those benefits then? kek. Some people are so stupid.

OOOOO RAAAAA LETS GO CORN HOLE US A QUEER SIMPER FYE

No just taking the piss outa my beloved countrymen who were/are marines, I know a bunch of them desu.

I like seeing online reviews for businesses given 1 star because they dont give discoumts to veterans.

>walmart didnt give me a discount on this war vidya game because im a veteran. 1 star

You're a respectable human being and in your case I thank you for your service.

Over a video game? Are you serious? I didn't know people expected it for luxuries, I thought it was only food.

just call them welfare queens

works everytime

I FOUGHT FOR YOUR FUCKING FREEDOM CUNT. NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP OR GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY YOU SACK OF SHIT

A veteran accepts personal responsibility for safety of the body politic, a civilian does not.

this

because they never amounted to anything in life and instead went into the fucking military

I had a professor who went off about people who join the military. There's only two groups. Military brats who join because they grew up in that lifestyle and idiots. Nothing more, nothing less.

There are exceptions depending on MOS (like if you want to be SOF or some shit, you have to be pretty smart and dumb) but that covers the majority.

When my professor said that all the ROTC faggots got mad until the 40+ year old veterans said he was 100% correct.

Even my father who is a retired E9 agrees and never brings out the vet card or the fact he was a Chief. It is dumb. We already got a lot of benefits out of it from the government like a transferable 9/11 GI Bill and other shit.

You know who're going to be the members of right wing death squads?
Vets.
And they'll purge faggots ITT with the rest of the degenerates. Boy, it should really make you think.

i'm a vertean and i take issue with people calling themselves veterans

>Air Force
>military

Pick one.

That doesn't make his vote count for more or his opinion of more value. All men are equal in public discourse.

That doesn't sound like protecting or defending the constitution, but being a traitor.

I joined to get the housing loan and education.
Also helped me get my foot in the door with the forest service on vet preference.

Other than the the military sucks and is full of retards spot checking eachother on their uniforms and grooming standards

If Razak took personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic, why was he missing an arm?

>There's only two groups. Military brats who join because they grew up in that lifestyle and idiots.
This

Don't bad mouth your bros
It shows you're clear cut buddy fucker who'll do anything, Especially trample over your friends and slather up the chain of commands anus to be the CO's lapdog

Guys like you deserve a fist smashed into your face.

>t. a marine made him cry

Being angry about the dumbest branch of the US military is pathetic.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know degenerates were a protected class.
You probably can muster the braincells to realize degeneracy is implicitly a threat to liberty and the constitution.
But that's not what this thread is for, as it looks like it's shitlibs and libertards running their hands all over each others junk.

This.

Ideas are equal (and possibly bulletproof). People are not.

STOLEN VALOR!!!!!!!

>fairy force
>real vet

I only give a fuck about the ones I pulled triggers with. All the rest I wish well. If you knew me personally, you'd never have that opinion, but I'll tell you the absolute truth. It won't be the first I've been though of as an asshole. It's the only reason I was able to last so long. If it makes you feel any better I got the fuck out.

Daily reminder that the military is over 90% male and conservative. Honestly, if only veterans could vote, the country would be a lot less blue pilled.

>if you fought in Afghanistan you fought for something worthwhile
No.

Agree, only in a perfect world man. A lot less bullshit and political crimes would be dealt with in a military tribunal

>volunteer for the ARMED forces
>specifically choose a dangerous, combat MOS during a war
>Get paid with tax payer money and live off govt benefits for the rest of your life
What the fuck else do they want? Pretty much every problem they're dealing with can be chopped up to the fact they made a stupid life decision

I've met military people. They're literally retarded. I don't want any of them to ever vote. They'd elect a WWE wrestler as president.

kek

It really should, as not all men are equal in public discourse. A well spoken statesman who is versed in the law and history of this country is far more valuable than bix nood da dibby nigger who refuses to even feign knowledge of current events or causality.

Duck off CTR

I'm considering joining just to have an equal hand in a conversation its annoying.

There are a fair number of vets that enlisted because of Call of Duty video games. The army even advertises that as a reason to fucking join in their questionnaires. "Fire the real thing!" and shit like that.

why do americans consider everyone who served in the military as a veteran, even if they never deployed? and why do americans consider a deployment to be a posting overseas to somewhere like germany or south korea.

>sgt joe deployed to germany in 2005
>captain bob deployed to south korea in 2012

The Army even made a videogame as a recruitment tool. They also lend out military equipment to Hollywood directors like Michael Bay for free as a part of recruitment efforts.

About a month ago some vet was yelling at Biden during a rally and Biden said something like "my son served and died for this country" even though his faggot son did nothing for a year in the military then died of cancer a long time later.

Not really pertinent to this thread but god damn I hate Biden.

They spend a couple years in Germany, Japan, etc exotic vacation spot, pissing off the locals, getting drunk, and making about 70-80k before taxes and another 60k in education benefits while living expense free. Just have to larp and listen to people who hate their lives for a living.

Of course if SHTF then GL.

Sure, goy

Off topic but I saw a bumper sticker the other day saying some shit like "My wife's son is an Army Ranger". Made me chuckle and wish I went active duty

>Usually they get mad and yell about how they're a veteran and they fought for your freedom of speech,
which is absolutely correct

>which ironically has the effect of stopping the conversation.
which is absolutely your fault, because you're pussy enough to be intimidated and walk out of the conversation instead of being an adult and confront the other party with constructive arguments.

/triggered

>What the fuck else do they want?

Kill people the government wants us to kill. We do this for the countries benefit, your benefit.
We do nasty things for you, and we get a few cents thrown our way. You pay the police more so they can in turn shake you down again, at gunpoint
and yet you keep your lousy trap closed about them. Isn't that strange?

Why would you WANT to go into active duty?

Not OP, but I've observed this happen a number of times.

>Usually they get mad and yell about how they're a veteran and they fought for your freedom of speech,
>which is absolutely correct

How did someone who fought in Iraq fight for my freedom of speech? If anything they fought against freedom of speech by destabilizing the region and giving rise to ISIS, which is running loose all across the globe.

Please explain how an Iraqi vet has fought for my freedom of speech, I'd love to hear this argument.

How has Iraq or Vietnam benefitted our country? Please tell. If anything ifyou fought in either war you helped to hurt our country not benefit it. Why do soldioers want a pat on the back even when they fail or if the cause they fought for was stupid or moot?

Iraq vets: Take the red pill and realize all of your comrades died for nothing. Scratch that, they died to destabilize the world, and to also fuck up Europe.

>WOOOO I WAS A MUHREEN

What are you, retarded?
I don't even know why I'm bothering with this post desu

LOOK AT ME!!! I VOLUNTEERED TO GO TO A COUNTRY THAT WE INVADED FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER!!! I FOUGHT FOR YOUR FREEEEEDOMMMMMM

I mean i kinda wanna join the military because im an asshole but it wont be for any peasants back home.

>implying jesse ventura wouldn't be better than obama

(I'm an American,not Swede)
All the vets I know are fucked up in the head after seeing their friend got shot by a Kalashnikov.

If I had children I wouldn't want one to babysit them. They probably just shout "Muh Trauma" and throw the kids toy tankes out the window as soon as they see one

This isn't really a problem in NL, in fact, I wish there was more respect for the military

Still, the
>Debate X
>X applies to Y
>I am Y and you are not
>I am therefore right
format is disgusting and people who use it should be ashamed of themselves

I do hate it when it's just 2 years.

I don't think Afghanistan was worth fighting either.

That was good for retailiation against Osama and his men. Iraq was just an entirely pointless venture that still haunst us till this day.

AD here. I try to hide it as much as I can. I really hate the attention. The only place I don't is at a Korean spot right by a base because I go there for lunch and the owner knows as a result I am in the marines. On my days off I will get a mil discount there. Otherwise I keep my CAC behind my drivers license and if it wasn't for my haircut and chad physique you wouldn't know. Please stop thanking me for my service.

Because they were taught that joining the military to fight for corporate jew interests is the same thing as " serving your country ". So they are delusional and proud.

If there wasn't a draft then you don't deserve any respect. I hold soldiers lower than most professions that actually contribute to society.

Holy shit sauce in pic. Pls leaf

You right tho. I fall into the former category. we're constantly told that we are the top 1% of Americans who dare to serve their country. Realistically, most of us have just run out of options. My first dream was to be in stand-up, but my jokes are as lame as FDR's legs.

Tell Master Chief that the mess is gay.

Pls sauce

Sauce

Depending on where/in what capacity you served, it can be a good indicator of whether or not you understand the concept of hard work.
Lot of respect for combat roles. Also respect for personnel in Airborne/Air Assault/Ranger regiments. You develop a sense of community that you don't get in the larger army (because it's being so violently pos'd by political correctness now).

Leaf. Sauce. Now.

Because the military class has to be led to believe they are in the right, wonderful protectors of our great nation and not a continual threat to American freedom. Nothing is a greater threat to the United States than it's huge standing military, that it's lasted for so long with it is miraculous.

lidia fetisova

>google images
>lidia fetisova
Bears, bears everywhere.

Thank you for your service.

I think that's Judy Garland, the Queen of the gays, which is an appropriate picture when talking of the military.

I agree! It's almost the same way religious people respond when confronted with something that conflicts with their faith. "Well, my FAITH says!" Oh, in that case we must accept unreasonable BS and not have a debate!

How much gay sex goes on in the barracks?

>Fighting in the world wars worthwhile

Very good goy

>lidia fetisova
Well she is Russian after all

I'm an NCO and live in town not on base. Never been called in to deal with gay incidents but I'm sure at least a few FUCKING boots are gay.

Yes it was good, only stormfags think it was bad. Hitler was very anti freedom as was Stalin. Both incredibly evil men. We had to fight alongside Stalin though as Hitler had global aspirations, he was even thinking of trying to get Mexico to take use over. Is that what you really want? Talk about a taco truck in every driveway. And a man sleeping under a sombrero on every corner.

It only stops the conversation if a) you're a pussy. B)if you don't have a proper argument in the first place.

Listen, I'm a vet

and I'll be damned if I sacrificed my time to ensure the freedoms of illegal fucking invaders

Not all of us are dumb..

I was an RN before I enlisted.

Never mind, I'm a fucking retard for leaving nursing behind for this shit.

This,though i better shut my mouth,seeing the state of our military...

>Hitler had global aspirations
>Stalin, the communist, didnt
I hate how stupid you are

> RN
> decides to enlist

For what purpose?

You're not dumb. Just was.

Same goes with my dad. He did nothing but smoke pot and had no where to go in life. Then he enlisted and retired as an E9 and owns a slew of businesses.

If you're an idiot and/or someone with nothing in the future, military kicks ass. You just have to figure out what MOS to shoot for that will give you a great opportunity when you retire.

For instance Intel. A vast majority of three letter agencies like the FBI and NSA go for veterans and long time LEO's first over some faggot ass straight from college. Do a couple years of Intel and transfer to an agency = making BANK.

*cough*

>e9
>chief
So he was a sergeant major and then went warrant? Why

> selling your soul for a comfy life

People like you deserve to hang

Unless you're a WW2 veteran, I don't care. If you were drafted into Vietnam then I have some pity for you, but I don't feel any debt to you. If you're some faggot who signed up as a mercenary to go fight for Israel in the middle east, then you're no more deserving of respect than any private sector worker.

I don't say shit. I try and keep my service as low key as possible. The people who go out on Veterans Day scooping up free shit, all the "hurr durr us vets" cliques out there; they all disgust me.
I may be military, but I work a desk job. No one owes me anything.

Look, I'm a veteran. I spend a lot of time around veterans. I hate when Veterans use their veterancy to manipulate a conversation.

However, there is a very big difference between using it to shut your opponent up and using it as a reference point for your lived experiences. Being in the service DOES give you a different perspective.

You see shit from the inside. You can understand a little better exactly while the Military Budget is so retarded, for instance. I promise you, as a Veteran, I know more about the mishandling of Aircraft than you do. As a veteran with hands on experience, I know why the F-35 program is garbage and have some very strong opinions regarding its employment.

As a veteran, I don't give a shit if you use your freedoms however you want. This is goddamn America. I didn't enlist to protect you and your speech. I enlisted because I wanted to work on fucking airplanes.

HOW DARE YOU

I WEN THROUGH ADULT BOY SCOUTS AND SAT IN A OFFICE FOR 8 HOURS A DAY SOMEWHERE IN SOUTH CAROLINA FOR YOUR FREEDOMS

He may have had aspirations but he never really acted much on them nor posed any real threat to the West, communism is doomed to collapse.

What do you people think of people who wear veteran hats or gear and don't question anything when offerd free shit? Also is that illegal?

chrishernandezauthor.com/2012/11/13/stealing-valor-for-a-free-meal/

almost every time, these "stealing valor" cases are just some autistic mentally handicapped person taking larping too far. I'm more pissed at the vets when they start shit with them. All the youtube ones involve uppity assholes getting a kick out of abusing someone that somehow is more fucked up in the head than they are.

It's the American's holocaust card except nobody except other Americans give a fuck.