Star Wars Annual #3 (Sep 20)
Star Wars Adventures IDW (Sep 20)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8vYp5H6x26E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is anyone else put off by the F-11D?

I like the new stormtroopers a lot, but the new blasters look kinda shit; they look plastic-y and flimsy, like a nerf gun.

I get why people have a problem with a Hutt Jedi but Hutts are aliens therefore why the fuck couldn't they be Jedi? Seriously give a single reason why they couldn't.
>they're sort of obese half of the time!
Ok? They can hold things though and are sentient therefore they are able to use lightsabers. It looks weird but who cares?

I don't like the white parts. too flashy.

It would make sense if Beldorion was like Grakkus - very ripped and had cybernetic legs

without it the concept is retarded

just like the triceratops and bunny Jedi from the EU

It's not that bad, but it could be better

So your issue is you don't think they can do lightsaber battles well-enough?

>but the new blasters look kinda shit; they look plastic-y and flimsy, like a nerf gun.

I wouldn't say like a nerf gun, but they do look like toys.

Yes.

Based on what we've seen of multiple Hutts in TCW, they're just not fast enough slithering to escape legged adversaries(Ziro, Oruba), let alone duel anyone.

So you're fine with them being Jedi other than using lightsabers?

Though I can imagine they could use the Force to augment their skills, either way.

I want to get on the Grakkus Workout program and get some sick gains

Somewhat, assuming they're in a role that would allow that.

Preferably if you had to do it make them like Grakkus.

Not him, but I could see a Hutt being a non-action oriented Jedi. But at the same time, being able to actually physically fight and defend is a pretty crucial part of being a Jedi (whether it should or shouldn't be is another discussion) so I would think that a Hutt might make more sense under a different Force discipline like the Dagoyans.

>Hey Luke, did I ever tell you that in the original plans for the prequels...

>The Clone Wars took place ~35-40 years ago rather than 19-22
>Sheev was the "President of the Senate" rather than "Supreme Chancellor", and would play the role of the ineffectual figurehead for the truly powerful elites
>The Clone Wars occurred *before* Sheev's presidency, and were one of the failings of the Old Republic that swept him into power on a reformist agenda, turning the Republic into an Empire.
>The Jedi Purge/Anakin's turn to the dark side was meant to occur some time after the Clone wars, not immediately after, with Sheev having lured people into a false sense of peace and security before starting to kill off the Jedi.
>Padme died when Leia was around 4 years old rather than a few seconds old, hence why she would remember her vaguely.
>The Jedi were supposed to be extinct for considerably more than 19 years. Originally Han and the young Imperial officer would refer to the Force/Jedi as "sorcery" or "myth" because they were too young to remember us, but now that the prequels timeline makes it so Han was 10 when we died, he should vividly remember us, but doesn't.
>The Republic fought *against* an army of insane clones, created by "Clone Master" Atha Prime on the planet Cartao with Spaarti cloning cylinders, rather than *alongside* a Maori clone army who were created on the planet Kamino by long-necked albinos with Kaminoian cylinders.
>Anakin was taken into the Jedi Order at around age ~15, rather than age 9.
>I was originally 70 when I died and Ani would be 55, but thanks to George's new prequels timeline, I was 57 when I died and Ani was 45, even though most other 45 year olds don't look as bad as Sebastian Shaw.
>Boba Fett was a journeyman protector named "Jaster Mereel" from the planet Concord Dawn, rather than a clone of his "dad" Jango from Kamino.

Topps (accidentally?) revealed another TLJ Luke outfit

This lines up with his attire on a t-shirt from a while back so it's legit

Yeah, sure thing chump

I think that's exactly what bothers me about it. I just really like the original E-11, this one isn't as good.

It's all true, search it up.

>I was originally 70 when I died and Ani would be 55,

Guiness was 62, so WRONG.

>but thanks to George's new prequels timeline, I was 57 when I died and Ani was 45, even though most other 45 year olds don't look as bad as Sebastian Shaw.
Sebastian Shaw was not chosen for his age.

sure thing chump

In the original shooting script for ANH, Obi Wan is said to be in his 70s. Guiness was led to believe he was playing a character 10 years older than he was.

Not just that, but the front part is largely unnecessary.

On the Clone Wars and Imperial blasters, those parts are a collapsable stock, because those are carbines by comparison to the full rifles both factions also posess. Stormtroopers use carbines because through the OT they're expected to be fighting in ships and on space stations and in dense forests. We know they have full rifles and may deploy them since we do see them in the OT, but they aren't what the situation calls for. In the prequels the clones use a mix of both since on Geonosis a lot of clones use full rifles while some use folding carbines depending on role and deployment.

The FO though more or less uses ONLY the SMG sized light weapon, it doesn't fold out to a stock, and at best maybe the handle pops out but nobody uses it like that anyway despite it being easier to deploy. They would logically be using full rifles on Jakku and Tadokana but don't anyway, half because nostalgia points, and half because J.J. was extremley lazy with TFA and there are only like four models of guns in the entire film(Reys blaster, Han's, the one rifle everyone has and this one) when ANH had seven(Han's, Ponda's, Luke's rifle, Stormtrooper SMG's and rifles, the rebel pistols, Greedo's). Even then one of those four is just one from ANH.

The F-11D is an ugly, inefficient pile of shit who's only purpose is to remind you of the classic guns while bringing nothing to the table to suggest it's any better than the old model.

>Boba Fett was a journeyman protector named "Jaster Mereel" from the planet Concord Dawn, rather than a clone of his "dad" Jango from Kamino.
That's from the EU, though

>oh boy, I got plenty of (you)s with this last thread, let me try it again

>In the original shooting script for ANH, Obi Wan is said to be in his 70s. Guiness was led to believe he was playing a character 10 years older than he was.
No, that was only said in the third draft

>created by "Clone Master" Atha Prime
This never came from Lucas, though. This was created by Kenner for an unproduced toy line. They came up with the idea and pitched it to Lucasfilm.

This thing is from that same pitch.

It's one thing to get autismal over the number a weapons in a movie and then it's another to be wrong in the number

The thing is that you don't need to fit into one box to be a duelist. A Hutt Jedi would just build a lightsaber around their abilities rather than try to use the same kind as all the others. It'd be something like a dual phase or a pike for longer reach.

But they wouln't be fat like Jabba either way. Remember that Yoda made it clear to Luke that physical fitness was a key part of being a jedi and he had to run obsticle courses. Hutt's have larger, more powerful limbs and their tails are mostly muscle so they can move around.

A Hutt Jedi would fucking wreck shit with a slower, more physically powerful style that would emphasize their lightsabers cutting power. If you try to step back in a duel that saber gimmick would just extend their reach to stop you. If you tried to block you'd get overpowered. If you had something like a blast shield instead of taking a minute to cut like it did with Qui-Gonn it would be gone in seconds instead.

Can you fucking imagine the sepratists shitting themselves at a 700 pound jedi ripping their tanks in half?

I may have forgotten one or two but the point itself still stands. Poe uses a rifle to kill stormtroopers. Then Han opens a random locker on Jakku and finds the exact same rifle. Then Leia shows up with some other resistance fighters and they all have the same rifle.

You can say that they're slightly different models, but that's not really an argument since the only difference is two extra letters at the end of the name and a different stock. That's the same difference as Phasma's blaster to a stock model, and they aren't considered different weapons.

It's fucking lazy ass design.

Might be Flashback Luke at the temple

it's possible

this is the t-shirt i'm referring to

What would the original trilogy have been like if the Skywalker kids had been swapped around so that Luke had become the son of the Organa family and Leia had grown up as a moisture farmer with the Berus?

Does that mean Han marries a Jedi, or a young prince?

>looks like shit on a white background
>stormtoopers are mostly white
bad design

>Luke is telling Rey about how attachment led to his Jedi failing and Ben turning to the dark side
>Rey picks up a lightsaber
>Rey: "Was this Ben's?"
>Luke: "No that's my wife's."
>Rey: "You have a wife?"
>Luke: "I HAD a wife."
>Luke angrily snatches the saber out of her hands and places it back on the shelf
>the camera stays on the saber for a second to show that it's pic related

Prince Luke probably wouldn't live that different a life from Princess Leia. There isn't really a specific gender segregated lifestyle or a woman in Leia's life that's take a place a man in her life didn't in any other stories.

Leia and Biggs would probably have had a relationship given every other girl on Tattoine in that range is taken, and then she'd risk turning to the dark side or abandoning the mission to save him, same as her father before her. Even if she doesn't immediatley fall or Obi-Wan's ghost somehow pulls her out of the immediate rage and anger, it'd sour the context everything else takes place in.

If we go by NuCanon standards then Leia somehow resembles Padme in a way that's obvious to people who knew Padme. So when Vader Down happens Vader would immediatley recognize her for what she is.

>it's ok when disney does it

>it aint sheev starts playing

I'm going to be honest here, the thing I really loved about Genndywars was the pants on head retarded 40k tier scale.

I think a lot of people loved the exaggerated-ness of it. Helped make for a very entertaining show.

Wait, hold on, wouldn't Vader have recognized her, then?

And, you know what, there was actually a fucking fanfic on TheForce.Net, back in the day, with this exact premise. Vader found out that Leia was his daughter, and this was when both Leia and Luke were about 10. Vader of course immediately stormed onto Alderaan, had Bale arrested and executed, and took Leia as his personal possession. There was a side story of Yoda contacting Obi-Wan and telling him that Luke wasn't safe on Tatooine any more, and telling Obi-Wan to move him.

It was kind of a neat fanfic. I stopped reading it after a while and haven't thought about it in years. I wonder what happened to it.

"I ain't no fortunate clone"

>we will never get a vietnam star wars movie

TCW's Umbara arc was fantastic, I wish we had more stuff like that

That thing largely makes more sense than actual AT-ATs.

>Wait, hold on, wouldn't Vader have recognized her, then?

The difference is she wasn't waving around a lightsaber and claiming he killed her daddy.

You can claim Vader was distracted or something for A New Hope, since logically he could have found out then but it wasn't written, but there are only so many layers of completley obvious before everyone catches on.

Yeah, it makes sense for me. A mobile platform for ground to air strikes is incredibly useful to have and a group of them could probably bring down an enemy ship attempting to land to deploy troops or provide support.

What would be your lightsaber form Sup Forums?

I'd personally go with Obi Wan mastery of form III with form V.

Form 2 all day every day

The scale wasn't really anything out of the ordinary compared to what we got in RotS, though. Coruscant was literally covered in warships at the beginning. And TFA blows them all out of the water (including Dark Empire) with Starkiller Base.

VII without a doubt. Windu is the man.

Realistically I'd go with VI, just because as a jedi I'd say there's no chance of me needing to duel and it'd do every job I'd need it to do.

If it's the clone wars I probably wouldn't be a front line kind of guy unless I needed to. You need some dude to actually have big picture strategy.

Ataru, with Shien coming second.

Shii-cho is based on swinging a sword around, and doesn't cover the unique advantages of lightsabers.

Makashi is for dueling and poor against blasters, so unless you are expecting to be an useless old man living a temple instead of doing shit, it's not a good choice.

Soresu is a solid choice, especially in an era where zerg rushes seem to be the standard tactic.

Ataru's speed and acrobatic focus makes it good for cutting down scrubs before they can hit you.

Lightsabers slice through people like nothing, so powerful strikes make very little sense, making Djem So's usefulness questionable unless fighting another saber user.

Shien is basically a more aggressive Soresu, good for fighting the typical thug with a blaster.

Niman is the instant ramen of saber forms when not taken seriously. It'll do, but nothing to write home about. Being a master is another matter.

Juyo is a chaotic version of Ataru for edgelords.

Sokan

>I hab the hi ground XDDDD

>implying it's not literally the best

>Lightsabers slice through people like nothing, so powerful strikes make very little sense, making Djem So's usefulness questionable unless fighting another saber user.

This is a weird idea that clearly doesn't happen at any point in the films. You can see Luke and Vader hit shit and do nothing but make sparks and bounce off multiple times in the OT. In the Prequels to have that kind of effect you clearly need a heavier strike(and if you didn't Qui-Gonn could just instantly have cut through that blast door). There's no actual instances of someone just lightly tapping something and it just melting in half.

Which is why I was advocating for a Hutt jedi in this thread. That'd be someone who can ACTUALLY fuck shit up with a lightsaber.

That whole fight was more complex than the movie scene actually led on. In the books it's described far more in detail. Anakin was a superior duelist to Obi Wan, but there was several things that accounted for his lost.

There's a lot going on, but ultimately it comes down to Obi-Wan having more experience. Anakin literally tried to pull the same movie Obi-Wan used to defeat Maul. Obi-Wan apparently saw this coming a mile away and was ready for it.

Kenobi had the tactical advantage in his elevation. Skywalker shouldn't have even tried to contest it

Yeah, i'm kind of iffy on the form V vs form II differences myself. I really don't see how powerful strikes make a difference in a duel where both individuals are using essentially using the same equipment. I mean I real life I could see how someone using a huge long sword could stumble or throw off someone using a short sword but in lightsaber combat that doesn't really make sense to me.

>people
>blast doors

wait, what?

youtube.com/watch?v=8vYp5H6x26E

If you cross blades and force the blade back into the opponent, they get hit by both blades.

Yes, well, the movie fucked up then, didn't it?

replied to wrong post, meant for

Agreed. Plus i've always loved the concept of Obi Wan's fighting style. Form III is usually just used as a last resort to hold someone off, but Obi has such a mastery of it that he just keeps parrying them until they get worn out/flustered from such a prolonged duel. Once they start to make mistakes all he has to do is switch to form IV and move in for the kill.

If Qui-Gonn could have just cut through anything with his lightsaber, there'd have been no effect from the blast doors or the steel itself. He'd just quickly trace the outline of a door and be done with it.

The lightsaber is extremley effective at cutting, but it's not an instant 100% effective solution.

Who here is ready for bathtime fun with Snoke?

>Lightsabers slice through people like nothing

I'm not sure how blast door has any relevance in this context. In the case of Mandalorian armor, we see Windu just slicing through the unarmored portions. I'd imagine slicing through doors is the same with any saber form.

Yeah but you'd think that wouldn't ever happen with someone who's an expert duelist. That's kinda why I didn't like the whole fight scene between Anakin and Dooku in episode three. Dooku was always described as an expert duelist who used precise footwork and leverage against his opponents. Yet for some reason they had him cross blades with Anakin multiple times.

I'm really not sure how that gold robe is going to look onscreen. I feel like there's a chance it's going to look ridiculous.

I'm saying that lightsabers can't cut through anything.

Case in point look at the end of Vader vs Luke on Endor. Luke hits the railings and sparks come out, but the railings are basically unharmed. Vader does the same thing there and on Bespin, and while he breaks a few things with his attacks a lot of the stuff hit isn't broken.

From what we've seen it looks like it'll look fine on-screen, but it translates really, really poorly into toy form

I never implied that they did.

That doesn't change the fact that in a fight, a lightsaber can slice through most things you are fighting with relative ease. People, droids, and so on.

Maybe I have an extra chromosome or something but I fail to see how this is related to the original post you replied to.

The thing is that you're assuming your opponent is unarmored, or built like a normal human, or isn't some kind of droid with heavy plating.

Quick strikes will work on some dude with generic robes, but not much else. Hell, Luke directly hits Vader on Bespin and the blow does fuck all because it hit an armored segment.

Aren't they force resistant? Seems like you;d have trouble training force powers if you were.

They are resistant to mind tricks, but I haven't seen anything to suggest they can't use the Force.

Hutts being resistant is no longer canon. It never even made much sense before. Jabba insults Bib for being weak minded, not for not being a Hutt. It would just make more sense that Jabba personally is more resistant to the trick.

Though Watto throws all that shit out the window.

I believe the reason the hit to Vader's armor didn't do shit is because it was a limitation from the movie production, he did react in pain. But I'll admit you do have a good point there since he didn't get cut into two.

We do see Yoda slicing apart clone troopers on Kashyyyk when order 66 was given. So it would seem that for armor to be useful against saber, it would need to be quite substantial.

He does cut them at the neck, though, which isn't armored.

>Hutts being resistant is no longer canon
Except it is.

Have they made Snoke bubble bath yet?

That's because you can't scale down fabric.

WE

Well, mind tricks are just use of the foprce. And being resistant to them is the same as being resistant to the force.
There's no reason to believe Hutts can use the force at all, seeing as none have ever done so in any canon media.

Snoke is Palpatine using Vader's destroyed body. Remember in Ep.3 when he said he could bring the dead back to life? Didn't say HOW he did it though.

>Palpatine using Vader's destroyed body.

There was no body left behind to use.

>Remember in Ep.3 when he said he could bring the dead back to life?

No, I don't. Because that's not what he said. He said he could 'keep the ones he cared about from dying'. And even then, it was a bullshit story. He was telling Anakin the kind of thing he wanted to hear. No Sith has ever had the power control life and death beyond taking it.

It wasn't bullshit

Certainly wasn't bullshit in Legends, but nothing in canon so far I think.

Ultimate Star Wars says that he could prevent death completely

It's not far-fetched to think Palpatine could use the force itself to inhabit a near dead body and expunge its host via the force. The force is capable of a lot of shit. Palpatine could have escaped right before the final Death Star blew in VI.

>Ultimate Star Wars says that he could prevent death completely

>Ultimate Star Wars

Not a canon source. And even Pablo's recognized that parts of the book are inaccurate.

>It's not far-fetched to think Palpatine could use the force itself to inhabit a near dead body and expunge its host via the force.

It is for a Sith. They're far too concerned with a material existence to ever master something beyond it.

What if Palpatine saw the weaknesses of the Sith and decided to say "fuck it" and plan for the long haul. He clearly did in the prequel trilogy. Palatine may have, just to plan for the day he inevitably died.