Hold up

Hold up

A dirty cop kills some, frames another dude and attempts to kill clark

Gets gassed

Why doesn't metropolis execute all the super criminals?

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/magazine/2017/07/10/americas-future-is-texas
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have the super criminals murdered anyone? If not, they won't get the death penalty.

Are they insane? If so, they won't get the death penalty.

>Have the super criminals murdered anyone? If not, they won't get the death penalty.
but they do murder regularly and just get jailed and they're not insane.

I think the only other time they did this was with luthor in all star superman where he gets the death sentence.

>capital punishment in the dc universe
What the fuck

>it's superman, somebody stop him!

They try, but many supers render certain methods of execution unusable, and they often break out beforehand anyway.

>saves him
>won't save the other guy because he might be onto his secret identity
Supes is a cold blooded fucker

It was kinda fucked up how the cop was a semi-regular background character before that and he dies right after he realized Clark was Superman

Superman saved him because he was innocent. The cop framed him and put a bomb in Clark's car.

>penned the article on his execution.

Oh, also he tried to kill Lois and her magic skirt.

Clark isn't cold. He is ICE COLD.
Its his best trait. Also turning into a super dick whenever he can't be Superman, due depower sheenigans.

Man, I need to rewatch the old Superman cartoon. This looks incredibly based and I don't remember it being that way.

The 90s was a different time

Superman should have solved more problems by sending his enemy to the sun.

I think that, just like in real life, different states have different laws and Gotham is just in a state with no capital punishment.

They can never be contained long enough to execute them.

Don't think any children's show today would have the balls to show an actual execution.

Gotham has it and they have tried executing Joker at least 3 times, 2 of which Batman stop. In fact I think that's how one of the Clayfaces was uncovered was they tried to execute a criminal and he transformed into Clayface in the chair post shock.

In Superman TAS, the villains that went to prison never actually killed anybody. Luminous had attempted murder on his rap sheet, but that's not murder.

>2 of which Batman stop
I don't know about the other two incidents, but one of those was for the poisoned stamps, right? In that case Joker really was innocent. The actual killer was a property owner who discovered that Joker was using one of his places to hide the smile poison. He wanted his wife dead, so he bought a bunch of stamps, soaked them in Joker venom, than returned most of them to the post office so they'd go back into circulation, hiding his murder amidst several random deaths.

oh, Kal-el you old card!

>but they do murder regularly

No, they don't. The writers of Superman TAS realize that if a villain has an absurd body count it doesn't make them look tough, it just makes Superman look ineffectual.

This episode is among the only few ones that stand out.

Shouldn't brainiac be smart enough not to have a 3 button code on his chest that opens up a doorway to the sun

Brainiac should be smart enough to go back in time and kill Kal when he's a baby but then you wouldn't get a "muh Legion, muh Superboy" episode.

Zoom is all the evidence you need not to fuck with the timelines so I don't fault him for that.

He already went back in time to kill him, but he was dumb enough to do so when he was still capable of fighting back.

Because finding ways to kill them is really hard. Maybe Lex Luthor could come up with something, but dirt bag would do it for a very high price. Maybe executing people like Toyman is possible, but any of the scify yahoos are too tough for the MPD (even for the special team that is armed with futuristic looking weapons).

STAS was such an underrated show.

>executed a day after being caught

the justice system works pretty quick in the DCU if it wants to

They repaired all the damage on to the chamber really quickly too.

Superman had them speed the process up.

>They were going to execute a man with Chlorine gas
Jesus Christ, Metropolis doesn't fuck around.

Good luck with that, turds.

>I've watched all the DC animated shows from the 90's and onward EXCEPT for Superman
hmmm, i'll get to it one day

You should.

>the buttons on his belt open a portal to the sun
HAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK

>Why doesn't metropolis execute all the super criminals?
What, and end their turism industry?
C'mon man, seeing Superman fight is like 90% of the reason why people go to Metropolis.
You think Metropolis has acual bankrobbers? In a town rotected by a god like being? Those guys are actors. Not even Gotham gets bank robberies every week.

>it's superman, somebody stop him!

Ah, Kansas.

No one's chiming in with the obvious answer that he's the only criminal that couldn't be found mentally handicapped? Very few states allow execution of the mentally deficient, and Gotham would be blue as fuck in real life.

The audience was promised a execution and by gawd they will get one

They kinda look like Spider-Man

Brainiac analyzed all of Lex's plans and the metadata revealed that messing with Superman via time travel just isn't viable.

Gotham is in New Jersey.

This is the dumbest shit but I laugh every time

In the comics they murder regularly but in the show they didn't. They mostly either tried to rob places or kill Superman

>Partially finishes rebuilding Brainiac
>Makes sure to get the weapons online first

Lex this is why Superman beats you all the time

Which is blue as fuck.

For a reporter, Clark sure has a fly car.
Or do people in Metropolis just make so much that reporters can afford Teslas?

normal thing democrates breed walfare, and this ends with a higher crime rate. Just look at what they did to new orlean or detroit rock city.

>implying Clark didn't get the car from Lana as a gift

do you have the webm where the wind blows up her skirt as superman flies by and she says she has to start wearing pants?

that fucking skirt man

If you gas all the supervillains then the criminal justice system would have to been substantially downsized.

Clark is a pulitzer winner, he's probably written books as well as just working for the paper. He also had a sweet apartment. Alternatively he uses his Kryptonian tech to make valuable substances and sells them.

Ok, he was just showing off at the end there

I'd love to read a book by Clark. Fiction or non-fiction?
Alternative case sounds also fun. I'd try some Kryptonian boner pills

I was under the impression that most of Superman's super-powered villains are either redeemable (e.g. Livewire, Coldcast) or so extremely evil and dangerous that even he has no issue trying to kill them (e.g. Brainiac, Darkseid, Doomsday, Zod).

>Looks at map
>Realize I was born and raised in Metropolis but never saw Superman once.

maybe they have a whole battery of execution chambers?

>Gotham is in New Jersey.
That explains a lot actually

It's Gotham if you don't have a name for yourself in the underworld or severe mental illness your basically fucked unless you get a good hench job from someone who won't kill you

>by Clark Kent
Shit. Is Metropolis running a raffle or something to elect executioners?

God I was so attracted to DCAU Lois as a kid.

> democrates
>walfare
> new orlean

I can't tell if this is bait or you're actually retarded.

Oh god, was tv animation this good in the past?

Maybe Superman repaired it?

how often did you look up?

>Kryptonian meth

I once fell off my roof and broke my leg. Where was that bastard then?

D-does Lois go commando?

It's weird and sad watching this and then looking at today's cartoons like PPG

Lois is easily the GOAT Superhero love interest. Can't beat the Sexy/Spunky combo

Maybe

Yeah but a lot of times you can get around that by trying the crime in federal court, because execution is legal on a federal level. So really, all it would take to kill the Joker is a trial and conviction on a federal level.

I know there's one old one from the 40's where Joker more or less survives the electric chair and so, having been already executed and pronounced dead, he's served his sentence and is free to go.

IIRC the writing was inferior to BTAS, but the animation was generally of a higher quality due to a better budget and more talent being brought on board.

You're not black and you don't work at a construction site

>Alright Lex, time to stop y-

>I FUCKED YOUR MOM, SHIT LIPS!

I wonder if Lois would ever tell Superman that she got plowed by his dad.

I'd like to imagine Clark's books read a lot like Lawrence Wright, very much full of warmth and understanding, handling even the most unsavory individuals with sufficent tact, making sure to show them still as humans.

If you wanna know what I'm talking about, I highly recommend Lawrence Wright's book "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief", or this article about the history of politics in Texas: newyorker.com/magazine/2017/07/10/americas-future-is-texas

Poor Spiderman

He did not cared for that bitch, he was superdick at that period. Look how he treated her "Now, donĀ“t bother me while I finish my job!"...and with Job he means Saturn Girl.

I kinda wish Bruce Timm and Paul Dini did a Spider-Man animated series. Looking at Timm's pinup art on sadpanda makes it clear that he'd have probably made the GOAT Gwen Stacy.

They did, it was schway

Being cheeky today, are we

If you can think of a safe way to execute a giant gorilla with radioactive eyebeams I'M ALL EARS.

So how does one get to sit in on an execution? Do you have to be related to the crime in some way?

Man that was DARK for a Superman cartoon.

Was this ever addressed in the comics?

is that a scene cut out of the US release, or did Officer Jenny get to keep her gun?

government and private prison industry interferes for suicide squad fodder and money.

>m1 carbine in a period where teleporters exist

Why?