What writer do you want on Thor after Aaron is done?

What writer do you want on Thor after Aaron is done?

I say Greg Rucka, yes his recent Wonder Woman was mixed but I liked his characterization of Thor in his War Zone mini.

Donny Cates

>mixed

You mean "le alt right, SJWs ruin everything" crowd didn't like it? Sane people liked it very much.

No idea who is willing to pick up the mess that Thor has become after Aaron.

In terms of story arcs, I would like to see an arc showing climactic battle where Jane w/ Mjolnir is destroyed and OG Thor has to fight and reseal the Mother Storm. The Mother Storm would really be the bastard child of Odin and Phoenix that Odin sealed for destroying a bunch of star systems in a genocidal rampage.

What's this from?

Nah, the issue is Greg Rucka really sucks at writing women. He had a similar issue with Alves in War Zone.

Immortus. Busiek spelled it out for you. Any problem you have with canon, just blame the TVA or Immortus and retcon it.

In what way does he suck? Queen and Country, Stumptown say otherwise.

They're always needy, irrational, and often-times psychotic, and literally every single one is motivated by some dude they wanted to fuck or marry.

>and literally every single one is motivated by some dude they wanted to fuck or marry

"No".

>Rucka really sucks at writing women

It's pretty much his bread and butter and he's really good at it. Not defending his WW run (I heard it had pacing issues and of course there's the debacle kicking off Cho) but if I want a writer for a female lead he's the one I'd turn to first.

Don't remember the series, but Punisher found an apprentice, who was then was caught and sentenced to death. At the same time, Punisher pissed Spiderman off by using his webshooters to kill a man, so Spiderman insists the Avengers bring Frank in. Series ends with Frank captured after he helps his apprentice escape, and she becomes the new Punisher.

Then everyone forgot about it and F!Punisher was never heard of again.

>Then everyone forgot about it and F!Punisher was never heard of again.

Weren't there several of them over the years? I remember at least one (maybe even two?) frm the 90s, and there was the one who stabbed him at the end of the recent Edmonton run.

I'm actually struggling to think a single Rucka character that fits that description.

Maybe that woman in his Punisher? I didn't read that but it seems it left quite an impression on user. Too bad it seems that's the only Rucka he's ever read.

im pretty sure she came back in that terrrible run before this terrible run for a little bit

>Vol. 2 NEVER

As someone who never reads comics or frequents Sup Forums; that was pretty epic.
But can someone explain to me WHY some of the WORDS are capitalized? It really FUCKS with the pacing OF the voice INSIDE of MY head.

Didn't she accidently kill a cop or something? Why does he care about her after that? Maybe I've been reading too much ennis but it seems like punisher should've dropped her at that point

>Sane people liked it very much.

By any stretch of the imagination it was painfully forgettable, mediocre and rather inept Rebirth book since large portion of it ended up being Rucka retconning everything he disliked and replacing it with bland fanfic tier shit.

same answer I'll give for every character whose fans are whiny bitches: Gabby Rivera

That cop was crooked and didn't tell the truth about The Clousters incident.
A lesser offense, and Frank usually would let something like that slide, but since the cop did got schwacked, he doesn't mind it. He's just autistic and didn't share with Alves.

But enough about the Finch run, user!

they're all capitalized for thor because he's a god
if you're talking about the words in bold then it's because he's putting emphasis on those words in particular

what did he retcon? I haven't read it yet

Yeah I was thinking about the words

Op here, I liked it a good deal also.
There was nothing really social justicey about it.
The complaints are in relation to it being extremely slow & it being a despicable slap in the face to fans of New 52 WW fans.
Punisher War Zone mini series that capped off Rucka's superb Punisher run.
No it Alves doesn't fit that description at all.
It did have some of the best most sympathetic Cheetah & Veronica Cale characterization ever.
Who? And no one is whining, I actually like the fem Thor stuff, but Aaron does have to leave sometime, I just wanted to see what people's ideas are.
All the new 52 stuff.

Aaron was done after 11 issues

>It did have some of the best most sympathetic Cheetah & Veronica Cale characterization ever

I prefer when Cheetah is an amoral and unapologetic villain, rather than tragic victim of circumstance. The entire run had a bit too much emphasis with "oh I'm just doing bad things because I was forced to!" character motivation. Only Circe and Dr. Poison avoided that and Poison was instead ruined by being turned into generic tough woman merc.

>some dude they wanted to fuck or marry
>a man with a pathological need to write lesbians and only lesbians
>always writes women motivated by wanting to fuck a man

That was better than "crazy german lady with japanese name" from the Finches

it's a stupid thing that they do

No it wasn't.

it's not exactly a high bar, anything is better than the Finches

Even Finches were more faithful to Dr. Poison that here's a generic woman merceary who works for a paramilitary organization called Poison and has a scar on her face.

faithful does not mean good