So Coco has released some bits of the songs that are gonna be in the movie...

So Coco has released some bits of the songs that are gonna be in the movie. They sound pretty faithful to mexican culture.
youtube.com/watch?v=-qLUySwQIdE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WkVygAs9IOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is this disney musical by pixar , or pixar movie by disney?

I thought this was a 3d Star Vs.

>cultural appropriation is okay when pixar does it

youtube.com/watch?v=WkVygAs9IOo

i wonder what's the point of the REALLY old lady

The one who dies

Pixar can get away with everything

Is he going to play Despacito?

and this is why i dont like disney anymore, it keep trying to be relevant because dosh.

>but but but book of shit

how painfull will it be when the book of life was the beter mexican culture movie?

Book of life was kino you retard

>inb4 that one guy who wants to fuck coco starts shitposting

>implying there's absolutely anything wrong with cultural appropriation
fuck off SUfag

Oh, this is this Pixar animation they're gonna play at the end of Frozen featurette, right?

I am so thirsty for more Frozen, and my favorite snowman Olaf.

Can't wait!

>Andy
>Dash and Violet
>russel
>riley
>spot
>miguel
Why do all the pixar kids look ugly as shit?

Same!

CGI.

they always look like dolls, and every ten years when resolutions go up, graphics look outdated.

Fuckers

Chill out

It's really not, they failed to trademark Day of the Dead.

>They are singing in English and Spanish

Fucking cringe

Fucking Americans

STOP

I don't own Hollywood.

I can't stop this shit even if I wanted, too.

We will stop when you take back the fucking chollos.

>musica BUCHONA
DROPED

It's not the CGI, it's the art style.

They have this bizarre dull, big-nosed look that they refuse to scrap in every kid character they make nowadays. If the eyes were bigger and the head shape different then they wouldn't look so same-facey and awkward.

LUCHONA

gorgeous colors

Skeletons with actual eyeballs and the colors look muted due to all of the fog in the land of the remembered. Book of life's story was meh and the characters were nothing to write home about but at least that looked great. This just feels kinda dull.

There is literally nothing wrong with cultural appropriation as long as it is kept faithful and authentic. And even if it isnt, it becomes a melding of cultures and creates a new one. Stop acting like everyone should just be super xenophobic.

The finale of the movie the kid meet the old lady in hell

as long as its made with its due research and respect towards the original source, cultural appropiation isn´t bad AT ALL.

>Russell
>ugly
Is it because he's fat?

This exactly
That is some lame shitty chicano singing
They adapted well the mexican tone into those sample songs but godamn that fucking spanglish

This doesn't sound like the Mexican music I know.

I bet it will sound better with the Latinamerican dub

Is this better than that Mexican song about a guy painting the walls of a labyrinth and making a manuscript with his penis?

I fucking hate the Spanglish lyrics but the music itself is pretty faithful

>hell
>666

dammit

tht's nuPixar for ya, just a sub company for Disney overlords, which cant make better movies than them

Fear not, mi gente.

I miss Cheech Marin singing pop songs with a mariachi band.

Real talk though, why would I bother going to see this when The Book of Life already exists?

fucking kek, was thinking the same thing

Disney.
Satiate mouse's hunger.

Appropriation isn't bad, misappropriation is.

Is Book of Life really that good? Too lazy to watch it, but I remember the trailers being fucking cringeworthy.

It's definitely better than how Coco looks to be like so far.

I suck Disney's dick when they have good movies, like Wreck it Ralph and Zootopia, not when they release unoriginal shit like Brave and what Coco is shaping up to be.

>Is Book of Life really that good?
Great art style. It looks a lot more thematic than the generic Disney/Pixar rounded faces we're seeing recently. How the story plays out is a bit different than what you'd probably be expecting. I'm not going to claim it doesn't have its faults, but it is fairly good and has a perfect Cinco de Mayo flavor in it.

I'm holding off on the Book of Life/Coco comparison and judgement about Coco until I actually see it, though.

>spanglish

i will be surprised if this brakes the 500m mark

>Cinco de Mayo

Well now, Wikipedia informs me that Cinco de Mayo and Día de Muertos are two completely different things. I'd assumed that they were the same thing. Go figure.

Guess I learned something new today.

Boo and Bonnie are still adorable and that's all that matters here

Disney is incapable of making good movies except maybe musicals, these two movies you mentioned are "Pixar movies by Disney".

She's Puerto Rican.

The skeletons creep me out. They look way too realistic and more like a person just without their flesh.

Music do indeed sound faithful to mariachi music. I just find it cringe when they mix Spanish and English in the same sentence.

I'll will watch it as I do enjoy Pixar, but will watch it with my lowest expectations.

You do realize that all of Pixar's talent left for Walt Disney Animation Studio, right?

Why do Americans think it's okay to merge Castillan and English into a ungodly incoherent hybrid?

>why do my regional dialects keep changing when brought to different regions
>why areas where two languages in a close region which were previously highly segregated form pidgins when they start to interact
Because fuck you.

>complaining about singing in either English or Spanish
>forgetting that they have to cater to Mexicans, Americans and somehow to release in China in case this movie underperformed and hope that China will be all over it like flies on shit and hope it breaks even

It has to cater to everyone

Why is Pixar is fucking stupid as of late?

Why do they keep making these movies no one wants while hopelessly trying to appeal to everyone possible.

What the fuck?

Taco here
It really does sounds a lot of what we hear here and the classic songs of Pedro Infante, but the lyrics are shit, at the beggining of "The world is mi familia" he repeats the first part twice, where someone here would have replaced it with something more clever. Actually this is a trend i am noticing with all the songd so far in Coco
Also the spanglish is really getting on my nerves

I'll watch it with my cousins, once it comes to the dollar movies.

Because
0. They were bought by Disney.
1. They ran out of ideas.
2. Their boss is more interested in saving WDAS than caring about his old company.

see here