Killer Moth should be one of Batman's greatest enemies

>The first Anti-Batman with an interesting gimmick of 'saving' criminals from the police and assisting criminals and gang leaders in their activities for a price.
>Motivated in proving that anyone can do what Batman does and does so pretty well but in a mirrored sense.
>Got rich from being the criminal underworld's Batman and got himself his own Moth Cave and Moth Mobile
>Was first created to be one of Batman's A-List rogues and was on same level as Batman's greatest villains including Joker, Penguin, Two-Fac etc.
>He even teamed up with Joker and Lex Luthor that one time

Killer Moth has gotten the shit end of the stick for far too long, what the fuck even happened? He was on top of the world for a while but was downgraded to being a joke down the line.

I dunno, he shows up in a lot of different media but never as an A-lister.

Faggy costume
Dumb name
Joker took all his heat and is a better vehicle for the "Anti-Batman" gimmick.
You've made Killer Moth threads every day for several days now, calm down Mothboy.

>Faggy costume
His costume is dumb yes but they can give him a new one. Characters have been redesigned and re-imagined multiple times throughout the decades they've existed. With that said however, I kinda like the costume. It only makes sense that the "Anti-Batman" has a colorful costume to counter Batman's dark visage.

>Dumb name
How is it dumb? His name is no different from names like Poison Ivy and Killer Croc.

>Joker took all his heat
And that's fucking bullshit.

>You've made Killer Moth threads every day
This is the first Killer Moth thread I've made. Whoever's been making moth threads is someone else.

To be fair, every single villain in Batman's universe can be interpreted as corrupt manifestations of different parts of his psyche.

Yeah, it's too bad it's more popular to shit on him than rehabilitate his character. All he really need is updating his gimmick a little, along with his costume.

Combination of the silly costume and edgier and darker evil Batmen coming along.

poison ivy is a plant that exists
a crocodile can conceivably kill people
moths cannot threaten pretty much anything unless they get eaten. It only works if it's meant to be stupid.

>the penguin
>the riddler
>the joker
>the ventriloquist

>silly costume
Have you ever seen Mr.Freeze b's first costume? Hell have we forgotten what Catwoman and The riddler used to wear?

I'd update him to be a henchman who henched for hundreds of villains over the years, each time learning new skills and building a stockpile of specialized technology developed by each to help him with whatever jobs he was given. When he finally decides to make his debut as Killer Moth, he has Batman levels of preparation.

Even though he considers himself to be a stand-alone villain now, he's still essentially a henchman who villains call in to distract Batman while they get away.

>poison ivy is a plant that exists
And all it does is make you itch.

He has a stupid name and stupid looking costume. He is barely above the Condiment King in terms of villainy.

>stupid name
It's capeshit.
>stupid costume
It's capeshit

>It's capeshit
Then why do you even care?

He needs a new background. Maybe a paranormal aproximation, like in that Richard Gere's movie.

Because I like capeshit. Whining about names and costumes I have to ask, do you like capeshit or not?

>he needs a new background
You Don't even know his old background.

Sounds like Batroc.

Agreed. DC has been pushing Deathstroke into Batman's rogues' gallery for a while now, when Killer Moth should occupy the role they're trying to make him fill.

>he hasn't told a riddle so hard that the other guy's head blows up

He should return to being the anti batman, but have a hint of working class criminal like The Rogues are for Flash. He does need a new look though, it's either golden age, the mutant, or that trash New 52 version

>people are saying he has a dumb costume
You people know nothing of fashion.

I think his gimmick works fine. I like the idea of an Anti-Batman but other anti-Batman that exist like Prometheus and Wrath are essentially "evil" versions of Batman, having the same backstory and motivations as Batman only reversed.

Mothy on the other hand is motivated by greed, making a profit off of helping criminals and to prove to Batman that anyone can what he does thus the whole anti-Batman thing. The competition he has with Batman makes him a much more interesting character then Promotheus of Wrath for that matter and I like Promoetheus mind you.

I like this idea. DC should hire you as a character writer.

I like his costume to be honest. But if it's the one thing holding him back I'd say redesign him to something more akin to his design in Bad Blood or My Own Worst Enemy.

I like combining the anti-batman idea with the benching angle. He could basically both freelance himself and act as an admin fans go-betweenness hooking up villains with henchmen, and elevate some henchmen with gear and nicknames to fill out the bat family Schlick, although it's mostly for show and he and his guys aren't particularly close.

Anti-Batman protection racket is pretty poor gimmick since he's basically just a distraction for the real bad guys.

thanks doc

Not only does Killer Moth have a ton of untapped potential with his gimmick alone but he frequently teams up with Firefly, who is easily a B-Lister.

They team up so often you'd think they'd be gay lovers. You'd think that alone would boost Killer Moth's credibility.

>implying that's not the best gimmick.
Killer Moth was light years ahead of his time.

Remember when Booster Gold accidentally Killer Moth.

Killer Moth is a retarded name, like calling yourself the Giant Midget. Moths are not dangerous.

Agreed. This one image shows how much untapped potential Moth boi has. It makes me wonder why Moth hasn't rose up to be an A-list rogue like they made him to be. Is it because they stopped using Moth for a while?

Why stop using a character they had so much going for him to begin with?

Neither are Bats.

I take that back, this image shows how much untapped potential Killer Moth has.

And I still agree that Moth was ahead of his time.

If Kiteman can get a few features in DC's bestselling book, K.Moth deserves his due

Neither are penguins, puppets or scarecrows. It's how you execute your gimmick that counts.

Moths are at least threatening and ominous. Especially the Death Head Moth.

>moths
>threatening and ominous
Yeah maybe until you see them crash into everything possible

Can we still ship him with Batgirl?

They didn't even stop using him so much as just... killing him as a throwaway

Last few years:
>Injustice 2, his head gets exploded 2 pages after being introduced
>Arkham Knight, he's referenced as being killed offscreen by Red Hood
>Lego Batman, gets rekt as a gag
>Batman: Bad Blood, a boulder crushes him

But hey, KGBeast was in the same situation only a few years ago and now he's undergone somewhat of a Renaissance

I don't like this design. How are you suppose to know this is Killer Moth? Could've he at least had a moth symbol on his jacket or something?

The gothy, gas mask look could work as well as the poison theme has going on but he at least needs the silk gun and an outright moth theme.

Easily his worst design yet

Of course.

Killer Moth has a lot going on for him.
>he was introduced with no name or past but with enough money to create a millionaire false identity.
>he figured out Bruce Wayne was Batman
>he's friends with the cavalier.
>he has a sexy voice
>he actually might be older than most other Batman rogues.

>went to prison
>respected citizen

Pick one

I haven't been reading recent Batman, what are they doing with KGBeast?

I forgot he and Cavalier had a thing for a while.

Cavalier was underrated as hell too, he should make a comeback as well as Killer Moth. Moth and Firefly teamed up a lot too. They should make a mini-series revealing that the three were best friends that were in the same gang before they become their criminal personas and they decide to team up to become Gotham's greatest villainous trio.

could have more Moth like antennae and some "fur" like a regular moth.

Not to discredit Killer Moth or anything but a lot of villains figured out Batman's identity. Hugo Strange being one of them.

That's the most intriguing thing about Killer Moth, he was a nameless prisoner who bad enough money to set up a fake cover as a rich and respectable socialite.
The implication of said wealth is huge because that seems to imply Killer Moth had an unknown but very promising career of crime before all of this.

>that bulge

Barbara must think about the moth dick daily.

Taking the green out of his costume does wonders for it. Plus, the green and purple moth his color scheme is based on is pretty obscure. The solid purple is probably something more people associate with moths.

Scott Snyder rebranded him in All Star Batman as this universally feared ultimate hunter character, the mob bosses (Penguin, Black Mask, Great White Shark) pool all their assets to hire him and everyone speaks about him in hushed tones on some John Wick, Baba Yaga ish

He's this unstoppable juggernaut throughout the first arc, defeating and nearly killing Batman who gets (barely) saved by Duke, but the way the other villains fear him is pretty cool

He popped up again recently in Red Hood and the Outlaws, and it took the combined efforts of Red Hood, Artemis, Bizarro, AND Nightwing to fend him off

On top of that, he played a major role in the latest season of Arrow and popped up as a supporting villain in BvS

Considering like 4 years ago he was the Slipknot-style expendable gag death in Assault on Arkham, he's been pretty thoroughly redeemed

It's a mutual attraction.

It's Gotham.

I'd love to see an official design like this, but with the tacticool toned down. The use of fuzz and striped leg guards are amazing ideas.

Holy shit that's actually really cool looking. I love that someone made a redesign of moth that uses the same color scheme as the original but still manages to make it looking badass. I love the gun and the fur collar.

Oh and further to the All Star Batman arc, he has a private island bought with blood money that he plans to take Batman to and "hunt [him] for six months to a year" in a The Most Dangerous Game scenario

When the Blacks & Whites (Penguin, et al) go visit his island he has a badass trophy room of scary mofos he's killed, and he's using severed Talon heads as coasters

The striped leggings are pretty fucking fresh desu

>moth signal is just a flashlight
Holy fugg that's good

They must be illegals otherwise someone would miss them.

>My husband was working at the van Cleer mansion, then on the very last day, he vanished!
>Really? Mine too!
>Mine too!

How do they explain the KGB part?

Which nasties did he kill, besides Talons?

This is the next Batman/Catwoman relationship.

Gotham is just that bad.

He broke w/ Russia and just goes by The Beast now, complete with a stylized 666 logo and some Revelations themes

He's freelance now and draws parallels with Artemis, getting her to stop identifying as 'an Amazon' and simply be her own person

Can't remember who else he killed, iirc it was mostly heavily dismembered corpses

From the last Moth thread we had:
>Batgirl is fighting Killer Moth on the roof of Gotham Jewelry
>During a close quarters struggle, Moth's cocoon gun malfunctions, explodes, and both of them are stuck together in a giant glob of fast drying silk
>Moth can't reach for his dissolving agent and Babs can't reach her utility belt.
>Both of them are lying there on the ground for about an hour, trying to make this less awkward and eventually agree to a brief truce to get out of this
>Moth tries to reach for her belt and accidentally unhooks it, making her pants slide off from her struggling and calling him an idiot
>Babs can't see what she's grabbing and accidentally grabs his dick, and now it's awkwardly poking her
>They both refuse to say anything for a the longest 10 minutes ever
>Desperation makes both of them try and wriggle out and only makes things worse
>They end up having sex and neither works up the courage to say stop
>At the end of the thrusting, Babs manages to crack the dissolving agent container and the silk begins to weaken
>Awkward conversation while fixing costumes
>Babs handcuffs him to a pipe and demands they never speak of this again
>Moth is left for the police with his pants around his ankles, passerby Catwoman teases him about having a nice ass

>>He's freelance now and draws parallels with Artemis, getting her to stop identifying as 'an Amazon' and simply be her own person
>KGBeast/Artemis

That's a crackship I never knew I wanted until now

Make him the anit-Batman Inc. He'd be great.

He's stuck being a meme for "loser bad guy".

I have to chuckle at the guy in the back who thinks his signal is broken
Eh, I think he should remain a single act. Personally Id make his costume white to further drive home the anti-batman theme. If Batman works in the shadows, Moth wants to be seen. Kind of like a criminal celebrity, its part of his marketing for potential customers. We can replace "loser" with "flamboyant"

White's a bit too on-the-nose. I like the purple design earlier in the thread.

If done tastefully it could look alright. Like the peppered moth, Walker changed his colors (both literally and metaphorically) to adapt. Maybe even replace the black portions with a dark purple, and give him a green outlined chest logo to mirror Batman. And besides, Killer Moth's entire shtick back in the day was on the nose parallel to Batman. He had a damn Mothmobile

Personally, I think Catwoman's first costume with the long hair and the purple dress that's tight on top and flow on the bottom is great.

That one had the green cape, right?

maybe go with a Purple version of his Teen Titans outfit, that'd probably look pretty keen

also I kinda like the idea of him being a single father like in Teen Titans

I would stay away from making him a mutant moth monster, but the color scheme can stay. Also wouldnt mind Kitten crossing over to main canon, although maybe not as bitchy.
>Killer Moth finally has a good thing going and earning respect in the criminal community
>Kitten is dumped off on his doorstep, mom has lost custody for whatever reason
>Killer Moth now has to juggle his "late night job" and raising a teenage daughter
>Kitten starts using his credit cards and becomes a spoiled rich girl
>Kitten finds his secret stash of Moth gear
>Demands to go out on one of his jobs
>Shenanigans ensue

Why don't we make Killer Moth a Blue Beetle villain? Like get his ass beaten by Batman for the nth time and accidentally finds a scarab like that of Jaime?

Because that would be lame. Killer Moth is a blue collar bad guy trying to make a living and occasionally has to team up with Firefly's crazy ass.

He obviously should be Batgirl's enemy.

Batgirl gettin a solo run and her nemesis is a super powered Killer Moth?

>Super powered
What? No, man. Power Level shit isnt Killer Moth's problem.

Yeah, he needs a costume upgrade

>Faggy costume
This is the main reason for me, the Joker being the bright and colorful clown makes sense and is a good contrast with Batman's serious darkness, KM could work as the anti Batman but he needs a different approach in design

All you need to do is play him straight.

This is a pretty dope costume, but maybe it's just the mouth piece doing it for my Kamen Rider loving self.

Those striped tights aren't clownish enough for you?

The joker is a clown, being colorful fits his theme, KM has no reason to look the way he looks, he needs a good update that sticks, maybe make him wear white and do his job during the day to create some contrast with Bats

>Costume
Um, hate to break it to you, user, but in that version that was literally his face. They went with the lame Moth Mutant thing

Hush, Prometheus, Lincoln March, the list of Anti-Batmen keeps on growing. And as the list grows the need for Killer Moth drops more and more, so he's reduced to a joke character. Kite Man gets more respect.

actually we have no direct evidence whether or not TT Killer Moth is a mutant or not, for all we know it might just be a very advanced costume

Yeah well those 3 assholes suck, and you forgot Wrath, who also sucks as an anti-batman.
Its a safe assumption given his moth mutants which gave the Titans their pet Silky

>Hush, Prometheus, Lincoln March
But nobody gives a shit about these guys.

>origin story showing him doing all kinds of jobs for different villains
>shows different levels of affection for each based on his experiences working for them
>"moth cave" was originally just his basement which was filled with illegal/obsolete gadgets nobody wanted (some of them later being reused/modified by him)
>fought Batman many times on many occasions but somehow was never recognized
>buddies with some of the villains from the time he worked for them
>always helps low level thugs and henchmen who get into trouble because he gets them
>henchmen love him for showing you can rise from the bottom and become your thing if you work hard enough

I can see it

>Hush
Hush is not anti-Batman and Black Mask could probably do whatever Hush does but better.
>Prometheus
Not at all a regular occurring batman villain and in fact I see him as more of one hit wonder.
>Lincoln March
Who?

>Batman and Moth fighting inside a burning building while the bad guys escape
>suddenly one of the henchmen is immobilized by a burning piece of wood and is about to die
>both of them stop fighting at the same time and rush to save the nameless henchman from the fire
>a few seconds of awkward silence later they go back to fighting

But they're all just boring "What if Batman was a bad guy?" villains. Moth acts as a Batman to the criminal underworld while all those guy just kill cops and stuff.

Also Moth's motivation of what to one up Batman while also getting rich from his services is a lot more interesting then any of those faggots. Also they're all posers, Moth was the first to do the anti-Batman thing.