The origin of Superman

Superman has gone through many changes throughout the years. Even recently. So that brings up a question. Should Superman's origin be changed? Should Superman have a more progressive origin? Should Superman be raised in the city/urbans instead of the racist barren farmlands? He would be able to see more colored brown people instead of boring racist people.

I agree. If DC cared more about diversity and pregessiveness they would do it. But since DC is the Trump of comics they wouldn't.

The irony of Clarke Kent crafting his own narrative while maintaining a facade of impartiality is hilarious.

Just add non-white people to Smallville, it's not that big of a deal.

Waid is too stuck in his own head ironically and assumes everything is like what he experienced.

>racist barren farmlands
That´s pretty racist of you to think that there are only racists on the farmlands and no people of color.

>t. Racist Farmhand who voted for Trump

Get back on your tractor and go back to Zaxby's.

Move him to Chicago or San Francisco or Miami.

/thread

But city people are more racist

Is BLM racist hmmm?

Has that tweet by Waid ever started a thread that wasn't bait?

If city people weren't racist why do you need BLM? Hmmm?

I hate this thread.

yes

I don't know what Those pages have anything to do with Waid's post, are you implying a city Clark would be ok with that?

Why can't the Kent farm not have some immigrant farm hands, and show how Ma and Pa Kent treat them like family even if they are undocumented.

If superman does anything other then acknowledge that non-whites commit more crimes after being raised in the city, then it won't be realistic. SUperman should come out extremely racist because he wasn't brought up on christian morality

>implying Pa wouldn't help them get their Green Cards and eventually citizenship

Flacid bate is falcid.
SAGE

Stormfront sells T-shirts?

On topic Superman's origin is heavily related to nurture rather than nature. He becomes a good man thanks to the Kents' upbringing. In that sense you could argue that him being among folks of all colors can help him despise racism, but it's not like he has immediate experience of most things as a child, so this one experience isn't more necessary than another.

It's not like living among people your own race automatically makes someone racist.

Also quit it with the ironic sjw posting, it's getting grading.

Bait thread/idiotic ideas aside, two things about that page:

1. Threatening to kill someone seems more like a Batman thing, not a Superman thing. I mean, not that Supes woulnd't be pissed, but I never thought he was the type of guy to pull a mock execution on someone.

2. Really, how many inner-city black market gun dealers are white stormfront guys with confederate flags? I don't think they're the majority.

That's a lot of fucking conjecture.

Racist

>1. Threatening to kill someone seems more like a Batman thing, not a Superman thing. I mean, not that Supes woulnd't be pissed, but I never thought he was the type of guy to pull a mock execution on someone.

It's what happens when Hacks don't get the real Superman.

There ARE non-white people in Smallville, that was a thing for god knows how long because instead of bothering to just use geographic numbers of what ethnicity's lived where, people said fuck it and did what they wanted because it's comics.

Waid can't handle the idea that you can show people a better world without glossing over the bad bits through comics. Every single southern state is filled with nothing but racists .

I am so woke now.

Just write about how Clark as a kid would just fly to any city he wants for a day trip, and once he became a teenager he started going all over the world and meeting new people. This isn't really hard.

>once he became a teenager he started going all over the world and meeting new people
That's American Alien, by Max Landis.
It wasn't terrible, though still a bit edgy.

He used to be like that. Not so much these days.

A core part of Superman's origin is moving to Metropolis and learning that the world is more complex and nuanced than what he knew in Smallville. There's nothing wrong with it as it is.

Side-note, if Superman were created today, people on this board would call him liberal propaganda for being an illegal alien ubermensch, and they'd call Pa Kent a cuck for raising another man's son.

>1. Threatening to kill someone seems more like a Batman thing, not a Superman thing. I mean, not that Supes woulnd't be pissed, but I never thought he was the type of guy to pull a mock execution on someone.

The 30's/early 1940's version was like this (and in fact Waid's scene is loosely based on something Superman did do in a 40's comic). They gradually mellowed him out during the 40's.

>>once he became a teenager he started going all over the world and meeting new people
>That's American Alien, by Max Landis.

That's also Superman: Birthright by Waid, as well.

This

/thread

This. Pa pays them well despite being illegal but also leads and supports them on the path to being American citizens, same for their families.

>HURR DURR DERP HE USED IT IN THE PAST.
And Batman used guns in his old days.

He grew out of it and people don't like him using guns anymore.

It's why they hate Batman using guns in BvS and Supes torturing people.

*slaps face*

Dummy.

WOKE
O
K
E

On being an illegal alien, it was made so in the post COIE origin (MoS) that the "ship" Superman is sent to earth in is a Kryptonian Birthing Matrix. Lara says he is unborn. The matrix finally opens on Earth, and this is considered to be his birth. So it was that he was not an immigrant, but an American citizen by birth, thus eligible to run for President. As for Pa Kent being a cuck, he and Martha couldn't sucessfully conceive. Raising an adopted child was the only option available to them.

John Byrne origin is best origin.

>pretty much every hero is from the City
>let's take the one major one who isn't, and for whom it's an important part of his backstory, and change it

BULLSHIT

>HURR DURR DERP DERP THIS EXAMPLE DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE I SAY SO

That's not how it works user.

>*slaps face*

Get the fuck over yourself.

that´s racist.

Politics aside, I will admit it's a solid scent. At least it's not FemThor tier shit.

>John Byrne origin is best origin
You shut your filthy whore mouth.

I do wish Superman was real just so I could see how someone like him would handle the situation of race and the differences between them, especially if ended up being some view or logic that we've never thought of before.

>Mark Waid bait thread

>Tfw Superman isn't real
>Tfw the world will never have such a pure symbol of hope to look to
>Tfw Superman will never tell you things will get better as long as you have hope
>Tfw Superman will never take time out of his day to help you with your simple problem because he's just that nice of a guy

>2. Really, how many inner-city black market gun dealers are white stormfront guys with confederate flags?

The ones that are actually feds.

>I don't think they're the majority.
There have been meetups where undercover officers and police informants made up more than half the people there.

I'm actually curious if a US court would agree.

I'm glad he isn't real. Real world heroes always have some shit they're hiding, fictional ones can stay pure and symbolic.

>There have been meetups where undercover officers and police informants made up more than half the people there.
That shit must happen all the time though, given how little communication there can be on matters of undercover work. I mean it sure does in movies.

>Byrne originally wanted Lara was suppose to crash land on earths when she was pregnant and die giving birth to Kal-El

what was Byrne's obsession with superman being born on american soil? was it because he was from another country??? did he want Superman to run for president?
(either way, Clark was legally adopted by the Kents so he isn't an illegal citizen)

Incredibly so. Shit, they don't even support their own damn message of helping actually oppressed black folks, but instead market dipshits who get killed/arrested for proper reasons as merchandise for "donations" and excuses to raid, kill, and steal.

Besides Michael Brown, what other of BLM's poster boys were actually justified shootings? The ones I can think of weren't.

Superman needs to be woke.

Yeah I feel like this takes away a lot from the character for no gain. Not just because "muh immigration analog" (although that was cetainly intentional when the character was made and shouldnt be ignored), but also makes his dual parents/homes less of a conflict. Also the baby thing is just way more iconic.

Getting rid of the immigrant crap was great. None of this liberal nonsense about multicultural nations of immigrants. Superman acknowledges his Kryptonian heritage, but understands that his upbringing and the society he lives in are much more important. He's proud to be human, and to be american. There's no struggle between identities. He's at peace with who he is, because he's a grown damn man not an angsty teenager.

He's always been a proud American who assimilated, that's the whole point.
Not counting that one time where he renounced his citizenship because he was fed up with President Obama's war mongering.