Amazing Spider-Man

Amazing Spider-Man

Favorite run.

good taste

>JMS Spidey
Ah yes, the days when Peter was allowed to grow as a person.

it would make a good standalone tv series

>That page
>OP is storytiming Coming Home

FUCK YEAH. Sup Forums should be required to storytime this once a year. It's the essential modern Spidey story.

I wanna be able to do that in the PS4 game.

I hate Romita Jr's faces. Christ.

he suffers from sameface a lot but when he's good he's good

Piss off.

Go to bed, JRJR. Your dad was way better than you could ever hope to be.

I still hate this totem bullshit. It completely ruins what Spidey was meant to be. An every man suddenly getting super powers and having to deal with them. This makes it that Peter was always going to be Spider-Man no matter what, and I hate that.

This would actually make a cartoon series more geared towards adult, something reminiscent of BTAS.

I don't like negativity in JMS storytimes. Be negative on a run that deserves it like Slott or Quesada (even though I liked Shed).

best played up as ambigouous

I'm not being negative to JMS. I'm being negative to JRJR. Stop being a fucking baby and deal with the fact that everything can be criticized.

bro why you gotta be so negative just enjoy the thread and go make a JRJR hate thread

I was literally reading The Life and Death of Spiders last night -- I still love all the totem stuff and Ezekiel's point about the chicken and egg of the spider and the powers. It's an interesting twist on the mythos.

I just voiced an opinion, and you started the argument. So you tell me.

Duck it, I know this is JMS' cyclejerk thread, but this sequence is everything wrong with JMS' run. It tries to make stupid concept sound profound, it has random reference to uncle Ben, and, honestly, another Spider-Man shouldn't be such a surprise to him at this point.
Don't get me wrong, I love JMS' run (especially before 500) but he always brings as much bad as he does good.

go back

>I still love all the totem stuff and Ezekiel's point about the chicken and egg of the spider and the powers. It's an interesting twist on the mythos.

disagrees with you

>disagrees with you
So you don't like the actual character of Spider-Man and think him being part of some mystical thing is better?

same poster. I just realized your response was meant to be a bait response. lmao

I never said that, I just said it was an interesting take on the mythos -- Peter the unlucky everyman, full of determination and well-grounded morality is fine, great even. But Ezekiel's mystical hoodoo is a good question outside of the mystical totem stuff -- Was it just random chance and a quirk of chemistry? Were you just the lucky/unlucky sap who got spider powers or were you meant for something? Is it destiny?

Wasn't the whole point that Ezekiel was lying to save his own skin? Or at least, he genuinely believed his lie? Morlun doesn't care. He see's someone dressed as a Spider, and he's chasing Ezekiel who has Spider-powers.

Jr had higher peaks and lower depths than Sr.

If he has sticking powers, how can his shoes fall off?