Other urls found in this thread:

track5.mixtape.moe/qqflsh.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=V-u8_Vcw8xc
youtube.com/watch?v=2mq9Agdtpfs
instagram.com/ivanobichverduzco/
youtube.com/watch?v=d30wvmtvZew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Legend Quest had shit animation

Yeah, that Top Cat movie really put Pixar in its place. Mexican animation is the future, am I right?

>Legend Quest had shit animation
>implying

track5.mixtape.moe/qqflsh.webm

We have good animators and we don't give a crap about any of your american problems

But if im completely honest we still need a few years to get to a better level , im mexican and i still think the french are doing a better job at saving animation

Also i know you guys want to fuck the ghost girl but we hated those movies the netflix series is just ok

also i can't believe they are making a new movie using the old designs that everybody hates

>also i can't believe they are making a new movie using the old designs that everybody hates

Blame Televisa, they are the ones funding that shit.

Holy shit those voices they fit so well also muh dick

thank you for showing me that user here is another anime from our country
youtube.com/watch?v=V-u8_Vcw8xc
youtube.com/watch?v=2mq9Agdtpfs

>3D CGI

Mexico here, yeah, we gave it a try and decided it's officially shit and not the future.

>no SJW shit

We don't know how Villainous will turn out yet.

Did it even get accepted by CN?

>No SJW shit
Viking Tales might change that, but blame CN for introducing her.

Viking Tales is a Mexican cartoon?

Yes, it will be a series of shorts, it was greenlit by CN and it originates from the Pixelatl contest thing, it won in 2016 and CN liked it enough to give it a chance, similarly to how they gave Villainous a shot and it paid off.

Jesus. What the fuck do Mexicans know about Vikings?

is this a villainous thread now?

>No SJW shit
epic buzz words dude, upvoted.

éramos vikings y mierda, gringo

Quetzacoatl could have been a Viking.

More than enough. Well, this is the creator's wonderful Instagram, blame him.

instagram.com/ivanobichverduzco/

Mexican and French are saving animation, America sucked anyway

That's literally flash puppet animation you blind fool

im optimistic about villainous

I'm not
>that pic
What's with that fucking blue light, which direction is it supposed to be coming from

i think you mean red light

>that booty
holy fuck, source?

>only two shows mentioned in thread
>can't figure out which is the source

The Japanese are and you know it.

>Legend Quest
>good
Tacos are really this pathetic

Nah, he's just going really quickly

Nope, those fucktards can't take root around here, only inside college campuses.

Let's analyze Villainous

>No SJW shit
Not YET, but it's target audience is the kind of teenagers that spend their life on tumblr, judging from the series' style, character traits and theme.

>Great art design
Not that great. Average/good, I'd say

>Waifus
Ok, yes, but that only reinforces my first point.

>Interesting characters and plot
See previous point. Making villains into main characters cast isn't innovative anymore.

Haven't watched Legend Quest, so I can't give an opinion about that, but I think that Villainous isn't going to save shit.

i disagree with saying villainous is saving something,but to me, an user from latinoamerica, im glad we are getting a somewhat decent cartoon. Right here, the industry is shit, and Villainous seems like our only hope.
Bonus points for being a show where the story DOESNT involve tacos, mexico and mariachis

>Villainous gets green light

>Infinite Train
>good show
pick one motherfucker

Legend Quest is enjoyable. The spanish voices are horrible. Watch it in jap or english.

fuck off. you gringos have had it good for too long. its time for mexicans to get a good show for once.

>yfw Villainous can potentially have a crossover with OK KO and there's no pic related happening

they jelly lief erikson discovered the americas first

>

yfw the crossover is the second furry episode just because

CN Latin America approved it, not main CN, so both shows can coexist someday

This, I think we'll get full shows for both in 2019 probably. The US branch obviously have a big interest in Villainous since the original dub is English.

Yes, they are saving it, by being mediocre, it's kinda sad, that most media now it's SJW pushing their agendas.

but Infinite Train was boring as fuck.
>girl on a misterious train
>have to go from wagon to wagon trying to find an exit
>boring characters

I hope they crank up the sound design and music for the full series. It's what made EEnE so fun.

dumb contrarian

>las tortas del dragon.

Cool, are those local politicians or something?

El Chavo animado could have tremendous potential, a shame that Televisa made it soulless and aimed to children

Still, sudacas love El Chavo

Teodora is a whore

>yfw the crossover is the second furry episode just because
>Demencia goes full lizard

are you sure?
Because here comes the second attempt to Mexican CGI
youtube.com/watch?v=d30wvmtvZew

>MFW Black Hat criticizing CN villains

Can't wait for October

Why am I not surprised pic related exists.

I wonder if he'll only do newer ones or if he'll also go to older ones.

nah just old school mexican actors from el chavo but i can see where you are coming from televisa is very close to politics

>Still, sudacas love El Chavo

keep thinking that mexishit no ones liked el chavo

I kept waiting for the animation to get good.

That was the best you could do?

would blackhat and boxman get along?

>brown tumblr purple haired viking

Why is this triggering me so
Jokes aside, this will be tumblrite shit yes?

Why the fuck would Americans or Japanese know about Vikings?

I dunno seems more like they're using Viking as a profession name rather than anything to do with a warrior culture.

not that user, but the animation looks decent. Why are you guys expecting too much from mexicans.

>SJW is a buzzword
NOPE

We're getting there. Hopefully.
I really really want to make a sci-fi series.
We just gotta move on from tired themes like the mexican revolution and the day of the dead.

Looks more like Deviantart
Also
>Foreign countries that have real issues
>Giving a shit about PC bullshit

>deviantArt tier fujobait garbage
>saving anything

Villainous main character is the epitome of middle school "OC do not steal".

Nailed it.

When cartels leave the skinned remains of their competitors lying in the street and kidnap people all the time for ransom, the last thing someone cares about is whether a guy is taking up too much space on the train.

forgot about the vitiligo part

Whereas American characters are so ugly now there's no reason to tell people not to steal them, because nobody wants to. Although, the argument could be made in the inverse that they've all been stolen by, and are stealing from, each other by having the same vapid art style.

>tumblr

That's murrica sempai. Control your population, goddammit.

Well, shit. Someone please tell them to stop making it, it's making me look bad on the internet.

honestly,even if it doesnt become a full show, why the fuck wouldnt they make a crossover? Its literally perfect. OK KO is a show about heroes selling stuff to other heroes, and Villainous is about villains selling stuff to other villains. OK KO is comfy and sweet, Villainous is filled with dark humor.
They are the perfect opposites. A crossover would be great.

please,he was only noticing them to make Leo jealous

>American characters

You mean "tumblr" characters in comparison to "devainart" characters.

Also I don't get this defense for Villainous's artstyle. Yeah, the DA OC style looks better than tumblr, that doesn't automatically make it good. Not when you have the stuff you see in Euro and Japanese animation... when it's not using lame paper doll character designs.

post villains
others roast as blackhat

literally what do you mean?

Dementia only exist because of CN demanding a girl on the show.

Villainous is successful because it feels like a classic CN show (Evil con Carne~Billy & Mandy) and has great humor (Invader Zim)

Now, look at modern American "animation"

Maybe we could start mexican studios that can compete with koreans when American studios outsource their work. I know it will take a while to build up a reputation. Especially when on the rare occasions that has happened the results have been less than ideal.
But if we can get a footing on the animation industry where we can compete against koreans we could get the ball rolling and start producing our own stuff.

After all what is anime today but the result of japanese studios doing their best with limited resources. We Mexicans could come up with something worthwile as well.

>Sopa sin procesar

I think they're onto us guys.

Maybe it's because I'm a dirty provinciano that's too far up north, but does anyone really go to see that shit on theaters? I have never seen anyone talk about them until some weeks ago when me and my classmates from animation class had to research Mexican animation.

I remember the studio was bragging about their Top Cat movie being the highest opening film so far, but that shit didn't even hit theaters where I live, and I live in a big city.

the most iconic villains are the older ones. new CN villains arent memorable. He will probably roast the diamonds tho, thats for sure.
>What do you want me to say about this pathetic lunatic? I mean, hes a monkey! A monkey cant be a better villain than man! And everyone knows im beyond that. The fact that he keeps being defeated by little girls only makes him weaker.4/10. At least hes funny.

Very true, viking nigger replaced this guy and Demencia didn't need to replace anyone fortunately.

Euro (specifically French) design and cartoons I can agree with you being good, but anime character design is a fucking mess most of the time.

>Aumentamls el poder de los provincianos.

I think mexican animation will rely a lot on streaming and internet access.
We know that Mexico has a big piracy market and because of how expensive it is to go to the movies we can see one. Many people can't simply afford a trip to the theaters. But having an internet connection is not as expensive and we do love movies and shows and we love having the convenience of watching them without getting out of our couches so the internet is perfect for Mexican productions to thrive.

PINNACLE OF MEXICAN TRADITION AND ANIMATION

Infinite train:
>annoying girl who spends majority of pilot complaining
>a less funny Wheatley
>annoying generic mystery story line that sucks people in regardless of quality
>premise allows for super easy one off episodes without any time or thought put into them.
>shit animation
>Creator made pizza party podcast the PC party podcast because he's a whiny baby.
Infinite train is garbage and the only thing worse than it are the people who actually think it's good.

A good show does not waifus make

Jorge wanted to make a Mexican themed space adventure

>Waifus
superior Villainous waifu coming through

Well actually I would like to make it without having anything to do with mexican culture.

Sci fi to me is an exploration of our dreams and desires for the future, as well as our fears.

That show isn't even aired yet and i don't see it being successful at all, it's only getting shorts and might get forgotten

I don't know why but I got some very subtle rayman 2 vibes from this

also monster girls

euros are on another level entirely. mainly because they never expect their animation to be commercially viable so they go for super niche stuff (unless we are talking kids / young teen aimed animation)

>chapulin blue
ayyyy

Crossing my fingers that Dementia's fighting style will be revealed. Her role as a personal assassin/muscle of the group has piqued my interest of her

I really think that there is a chance for a very successful series produced in mexico if we could make a show with similar themes as Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z.

The show became very popular in mexico, no only because it was a very good dub, with audio studios being bombarded by fan demands to keep using the old voice actors for all the characters, since its hard to imagine Goku or Vegeta with any other voice, but also the show was very unique at the time.
In mexico most of the violence was not censored. We got to see Goku and Raditz take a beam through the chest and spurs of blood came out of their wounds, we got to see Krilling get impaled by Freeza's horn and Freeza licking his blood as it dripped to his face, and we got to hear them curse and say "Maldito" about 5 times an episode.

All of that mixed in with some lighthearted moments that made the violent parts more shocking. The show had an edge and for many it was controversial, especially the religious groups who wanted to ban DBZ from schools, didn't help when they later introduced Mr. Satan.

Even I once thought the show was nothing but satanic trash, but it wasn't, it was simply made by another culture who used christian themes because they looked or sounded cool. But it all left a memory, we all remember it fondly and its become engrained in our culture.

So if we mexicans ever produce a cartoon, we should try to see what worked with Dragon Ball and try to embrace those same themes.

- A sense of adventure, and a great goal that anyone would want to make a journey to get.
- A focus on fights and becoming better than before.
- Emotional moments that make you want to stand up and raise your arms in front of the TV.
- Character designs that feel heroic or villainous from the moment you see them.
- Mixing cute with violent, getting us invested in the characters and horrified when something bad happens to them.

I could go on.

Guess

This could actually work. Sadly, theres no budget. Dragon Ball, even the original, had a higher budget than any mexican cartoon

Do people here even know what animation is, or is it like "cinematography" over at Sup Forums?

Having limitations will force the creators to get creative.

Less than 10 minutes of actual content, wtf OP