Can political cartoons be funny?

Can political cartoons be funny?

That one sure is.

But seriously guys, we need to get him away from the nuclear codes.

Wait, why the chainsaw? Also, good job on still making the girl sound obnoxious.

Don't worry, Papa Pooteen won't let his boi Dolan do anything cool with the nukes.

>how people like their steaks is one of the most hot-button issues on the Internet

Surely there are more important things we can argue and fling shit at each other for

>Amerifats believed the best people qualified to be their Commander in Chief with access to nukes were a bunch of dementia ridden grandparents

Fucking idiots. Obama was a step in the right direction. Nobody over the age of 60 should be allowed to run for President.

>Also, good job on still making the girl sound obnoxious.

All she did was rightfully make fun of him for eating his steaks like a faggot.

Never seen a tipping thread, eh?

So you're saying the president should have been Ted Cruz?

They are funny if you share the cartoonist's views and values, unfunny if you don't.

Though strictly speaking, they are not designed to be funny in the convential sense. They are designed to make fun of the enemy tribe (yes, there is a subtle distinction) and reassert your views and values.

He is a big guy.

>liberals projecting this hard

>tfw mom made me be a vegetarian until I was 15
>didn't have a steak until I was 17
>panic whenever someone asks me how I want it done because I have no fucking clue what to say
Thanks, mom.

The only person who can be political and funny in a comic, syndicated or web, is Scott Adams.
On a side note, listening to him shoot the shit with Joe Rogan while smoking a joint was great.

I like well done steak with keptchup and I didn't vote

Lol take this garbage back to Sup Forums

Yes but not frequently, not if taken too seriously, not if appealing to the lowest common denominator, and not if the creator is some self-righteous prick who genuinely thinks he's making some genius point with his strawman bullshit.

Basically, they're never going to be funny if done for a career or even temporary profit.

Pic related is so fucking true.

I'm 100% on board with this, let's meet at the Pentagon exactly 4 days from now, I'm going to be there with my team waiting for you

I'm offended by the implication that well done steaks are bad

medium rare for everything except the following

prime rib = rare
a marinated steak = medium to medium well

A well done well done steak is possible but outside the experience of most.

Yes, it should have been Ted Cruz regardless of differences

rare

THEY FUCKING ARE YOU GOD DAMN FAGGOT GO EAT A FUCKING HAMBURGER IF YOU WANT BURNT MEAT YOU FUCKING PLEB BITCH NIGGER CUNT

agreed outside of a 5star just get medium rare or rare.

If you eat your stakes well done you are literally subhuman

>ask for a well done steak
>I get a medium well steak
Do they fucking think I can't tell the difference?

>implying well done meat isn't the most civilized of meat preparation
Man created fire to cook meat, not to kiss it.

Regardless meat in pastry is the true evolution of animal carcass, drooling idiots who feel they need raw meat to be manly should not be allowed to vote

They think you're retarded(which you are) and want to save you.

Only if you agree with them, otherwise the artist is a problematic cispig/triggered tumblrina

The man knows his soup.

The left can only snark. They forgot long ago how to be fun.

This, except you shouldn't be eating anything that isn't prime rib

Today I will remind them.

"Flavor is for cucks" is a reasonably funny line.

Usually no but ones like the one you posted are fine because it's so over the top that it's gone into parody territory, regardless of whether or not it meant to.

I'd take all the newfag "phone-posters" or whatever in the world over your embarrassing schizophrenia.

Bors does that fairly well, some of the time.

They can be, which is why it's so weird that most of them settle for making their readers sputter out bitter, self-congratulatory wheezes instead of actual laughs.

Agreed.

Who else thought this was Dale from KotH from the thumbnail and was disappointed it wasn't?

South african political comics>American political comics

Oh thank god, it wasn't just me.

Freshly cut from the cow, still dripping in blood.

>Wait, why the chainsaw
Ever try to cut an overdone steak?

Ordering a well done steak is often considered an insult in some restaurants. It says you don't care how the chef likes to prepare it for you and just want the flavour burnt out of it, so the chefs just either give you the worst cut of meat (because you obviously can't tell the difference between good food and bad) or they give you medium well in an attempt to save you from yourself.

Short version: even if you do prefer well done steaks, cook them yourself, don't order them when you're out at a restaurant.

Oh, just knock its horns off, wipe its nasty ass, and chunk it right here on this plate.

Haha, it's funny because niggers are corrupt.

Medium well, unless it's a really shitty steak in which case well, or if you like the taste of raw meat, go bite a cow.

why in god's name would I give the tiniest fuck what the chef wants in a food that is made to order?

I think that applies almost everywhere now.

I don't know, why would you not want to offend the person who will be making your meal and give them the impression that you can't tell the difference between good food and bad?

It's a mystery.

Should have been done about the TWO SCOOPS thing since trumpets actually like to go on about it even now, I saw multiple people shitposting about it on Sup Forums earlier today.

Why would a chef be offended by me asking for my personal preference in a food that is made to order? Why would I care what he thinks about my ability to distinguish food quality?

It's not about good food or bad food. It's about you being a chef and you make the food how I ordered it. You can think I'm a fucking retard, but if I don't get what I ordered I'm not eating there anymore.

This was made in February, the Two Scoops Hypernova thing hadn't happened yet. Well-done steaks had just replaced "Drumpf likes watersports" as the new silver bullet that would totally destroy his presidency. God, the internet went through so many silver bullets in the first half of 2017.

Choose what looks most appetising and go nuts.

My father likes it medium well and my mother medium rare. So I end up being slap bang in the middle with medium.

i don't know how you can eat it like that user, medium well is where it's at.

though i do like my hamburgers well done. the edges get crispy!

They usually aren't because of the horrendous usage of strawman like in OP's comic.

That ones pretty good

For burgers, it really depends on the where you're eating. Most places aren't good at anything lower than well-done. But if you find a place that can make a good medium or medium well burger, you'll chase that experience forever.

>Well-done steaks had just replaced "Drumpf likes watersports" as the new silver bullet that would totally destroy his presidency.
There is not a single human being on this planet who ever at any moment actually believed that Trump having bad taste in steak would have any appreciable effect on his status as president. The shitposting I was referring to was Sup Forumstards behaving in the manner of the MAGA guy in the OP's comic.

That's actually one of the best Bors cartoons.

I like more well done steaks if I'm in the mood for various kinds of sauces, but rarer ones if I just want the steak by itself.

Also is it wrong that I like my hamburgers cooked all the way through? I got sick of them exploding with juice and oozing with every bite really fast, the damm bun was turning into a wet sponge and falling apart.

>There is not a single human being on this planet who ever at any moment actually believed that Trump having bad taste in steak would have any appreciable effect on his status as president.
That's actually pretty funny. You should partner up with an artist and write some political cartoons.

>The shitposting I was referring to was Sup Forumstards behaving in the manner of the MAGA guy in the OP's comic.
Ah, OK.

pls explain the too scoops shit and colberts face, it makes no sense to me

>going on Sup Forums

You have to go back

Nothing wrong with that. It's hard to find a place that makes good burgers that aren't well done. Depends on the cook and the quality of the beef.

Nobdy makes anything well done "good" because it's fucking impossible to satisfy the autistic picky weirdos who order their meat that way. They either say it's burnt or complain that it's not done enough.
Ordering red meat well done is code for "I am going to be a huge pain in the ass all night". If you're finicky about hemoglobins, then take your shit medium like an adult.

Like I said in - ordering a well-done steak can be considered an insult. That's why the chef would be offended. You've basically said 'I don't give a shit about your ability to cook, just burn me a slab of meat'.

Think of it this way. You go over to someone's house for a meal. They tell you how they're going to cook it, the spices they'll use, how they'll sear and season it just right and you say "Naw, just plain ol' mashed taters for me." At best, you've just said you don't care about any of the effort they've put in. At worst, they think you're a boor who wouldn't know good food if it walked up and slapped you, so why should they do more than the bare minimum?

And you should care if the chef gets salty and either gives you a bad cut of meat or doesn't make your order right. Sure, you don't have to go back there... but you haven't really won anything. Can you prove that he did it deliberately? No? Exactly.

Note I'm not justifying this response, I'm explaining it. You should definitely be able to get what you order, how you ordered it without any backdoor shenanigans. But.

Chefs are pretty fucking tempermental. One of my friends was a chef until the stress got to him and he had to quit. Months back, this topic came up and I asked him this very thing, if the chefs that he'd apprenticed under thought that way, or it was just an urban legend.

It was not. One of the chefs he'd worked with didn't care, just thought it meant the customer had no taste. Another took it as a personal insult.

>You can think I'm a fucking retard....

I... don't think that. I think you've got a specific way you like your food. I'm just saying that some chefs (not all) take that order about as well as you walking into the kitchen and rubbing your balls on their cutting board. So order what you want. Just be aware of the angry eyes from the kitchen boring a hole in the back of your head.

I have never seen or experienced this in relation to burgers. And frankly, you never have to order a burger well-done. That's how they come.

Are you still talking about steak?

>I... don't think that. I think you've got a specific way you like your food.
Hypothetical you, in reference to the fictional chef of the scenario. I'm not insulting the chef ordering food a certain way. The CHEF can think I'm retarded, but I still want my food like that.

Between this and the tipping, going to proper restaurants seems like a pain in the ass.

Why would you care about having a bad cut of well-done?

No such thing as a bad guy, just bad cows.

Why do people care this much about steak?

>vegan

Nah good try though

This actually did make me chuckle. The guy in the strip reminds me so much of most of Sup Forums... good times good times....

God i want to respect everyone and accept that people are allowed to like other things but what the fuck is wrong with you? what the hell did your fucking parents teach you

Yes

>Texan liberals point this out
>'Hey we've all got our unpleasant truths. I couldn't tie my shoes until I was 10, Trump can't eat steaks right, and Hillary killed four people in Benghazi'
>they get all huffy

Enjoy your future stomach cancer, you filthy savages.

That's fine, we don't want you here.

We all gonna get cancer sooner or later.

>THIS up your own rank ass

Okay cool but I'm not ever eating there to start with by word of mouth, and I'll warn others when it comes up.

>50% of Sup Forums will find this unironically funny

Sup Forums is truly the most normie and nu-male board on this website.
This is indisputable at this point.

Again, I'm fine with that. I'm sure the opinion of a man who orders steak well done is taken seriously.

>there's people who feel superior for eating raw meat
Americans know as little of cooking meat as they know about brewing proper beers.
They either leave it raw or burn it, they don't understand the concept of middle ground.

Well done steak with ketchup is the one thing I agree with trump on.

You mean...medium?

If you want to portray Americans, both should be fat and loud.

>tfw you don't leave a tip

Yes clearly all Americans are fat lazy idiots who don't understand anything. That's why they're the global superpower and will remain so for at least the next 100 years. Because Europeans have their shit together so well.

Haha totally what a bunch of cucks XD kek

You're both insane

>mfw Germany is a Non-country at this point

This one was funny, so I suppose so. It's pretty true based on my worthless anecdotal experience with people who act like that.

in cross section i don't think medium-rare looks that appetising... but man does it taste fantastic!

nom nom nom nom nom

BLONALB BLUMPFHSHSGAGJ