Why so edgy?

Why so edgy?

He's exotically neurotic and aquatic

Hi Namorfag. You might want to switch it up next time.

only way to stay (almost) relevant

I love those lyrics. Neurotic is so spot on.

But why so edgy?

He is 80 years old. Shouldn't he stop being a retard and behave like a grown-up for once?

I mean I think he has grown. He talks about how he's grown a lot as a ruler when compared to how he was during the golden age era. Being a tad retarded isn't something he can always shake because being overly emotional is his main character flaw, I believe.

It's that time of the week already ?

It always is, until someone finally writes him a good story and his personality goes beyond "angry fish man".

Some of his stories that I like a lot are:
Marvel Fanfare #43
Namor Vol. 2 (2003)
Saga of the Sub-Mariner (1988)
Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner (1984)
I found the 1968 Sub-Mariner to be really wholesome but I understand that not everyone likes to read silver age.
His appearances in the 1998 Fantastic Four are also really sweet.
Those are just some off the top of my head.

I know it's bait but I don't care. I don't think Namor fans are actually angry because I know I'm not. I just see it as a opportunity to suggest some decent comics in case anyone's interested.

If he wasn't so angry and snarky he wouldn't have a character trait to differentiate to casual normie fans the difference between Subby and Aquaman. I know and you know Namor is different from Aquaman but normies don't other than he usually wears less clothes than Aqua. Then in the fucking 90's and 2000's they had to make Arthur/Orin angry King of Atlantis too. Fuck why can't my Atlantis kings get any respect they deserve? Normies think Namor and Arthur are jokes but if you gave them all their consecutive powers they're the dopest in their universes.

I haven't read any Aquaman but I was under the impression he was a hero whereas Namor's an anti-hero and occasion a villain. I feel like that's a more definitive difference between the two.

>If he wasn't so angry and snarky he wouldn't have a character trait to differentiate to casual normie fans the difference between Subby and Aquaman.
No problem. No normie knows who the fuck Namor is to begin with.

I see nothing wrong with Namor in the 90s

I truly don't understand this anti-Namor poster. Is it just a wholly bait gimmick to derail into discussion at this point?

I was thinking that it might be a desperate fan who really wants to talk about Namor but it seems too poorly executed for that to be the case.

I'm not a fan. I'm a hater.

What, people can hate America Chavez for being a poorly written, shallow character that is always angry for no reason and has no good stories, but can't hate Namor for the same reasons?

People are finding it odd because you're going out of your way to bring him up. America has an ongoing run which people are criticizing where Namor hasn't had a book in like 6 years.

>Namor hasn't had a book in like 6 years.
22 years. He doesn't sell.

If we can bitch about poor writing and shitty characterization, then Namor is an easy target.

Then let's talk about things you like then user. Such as your OTP between Sue and Namor. Why is it your favourite?

No one's saying you can't dislike him or talk about disliking but you have to agree you look a tad fanatical posting the same thread over and over.

>I-I'm not a fan, really guys. Please keep posting about how great he is to prove me wrong.

I don't know senpai.

I wish more became of these two

I think it was pretty cute

Nah, we have daily threads shitting on inhumans. We can have weekly threads shitting on someone with even less good stories.

>Please keep posting about how great he is to prove me wrong.
But nobody proved me wrong. The fact that Namor recommendation list has just one Namor story proves me right.

It's mostly the way you make the threads. You don't just make a "let's laugh at this shit" topic like everyone does with the Shithumans. You post in a way that suggests you want dissenting views to chime in. It's very suspicious.

You dense?

Inhuman's is also relevant right now because of the tv show and with how Marvel's been pushing them.

You'd be edgy too if you were a rip off of the worst member of the Justice League.

>inb4 Martian Manhunter

But Namor isn't a rip off of The Flash

Look man, if I liked the character, I wouldn't be making threads mocking how writers overcompensate making him ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY!, would I?

I would be trying to prove how being ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY makes Namor super-cool and super-alpha and super-amazing, like his few fans do.

>Look man, if I liked the character, I wouldn't be making threads mocking how writers overcompensate making him ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY!, would I?

lol

it's not bad though, as long as you're having fun

Did you read some of his comics and hate them or is it the fans you take more issue with? Tbh I've never met a Namor fan in real life.

But you said it yourself user. His massive schlong he has stowed in his speedo gets Sue sopping wet so she leaves Reed for him, which seems to be one of your other favorite parts about him. Is it because you're jealous of her and want your husbando all to yourself that you lash out at people who also like Namor?

Lord

His stories are shit. His fans have nothing to do with it.

His fans being awful and thinking that edgy = cool like doesn't help, though.

Naw one of my brothers is a normie and he saw my comic collection with Namor on the top pile and he thought I was a massive loser for having a Submariner comic. Maybe Namor got no game with millenials but at one point Submariner was in the top 50 of known Marvel properties of Marvel by noncomic people. But like Aquaman he was seen as a funny fishman.

Which stories have you read? I think I've read most of them if not all of them and I think there are more good ones than bad ones.

user don't be like that. It's alright to want to swallow Namor's salty sea-cucumner spunk. This is a judgement free zone where you can openly express your fascination with a character who posses all the traits you lack. But I must say that you've come very far user.

>he thought I was a massive loser for having a Submariner comic.
He isn't wrong.

>at one point Submariner was in the top 50 of known Marvel properties of Marvel by noncomic people.
On the other hand, at no point he sold better than, let's say, "Lois Lane".

Top 50 isn't an achievement, anyway.

Well it was 1968 issues I had them cause they're old. I like Namor but I'm not going to collect him from the 90's or anything. As for Lois Lane no girls bought comics so I could care less which faggots in the fifties sixties and seventies that did.
And Marvel's a billion dollar company making billion dollar grossing movies. Some people may shit on capeshit but it's pretty good to be in Top 50 Marvel anything right now.

I didn't find the 90's run worth collecting anyway. It had entertaining arcs but his older books were better imo

>a character who posses all the traits you lack.
Namor possesses one character trait: edginess. I do lack that, so you are kind of right on this one.

I find curious how all Namor fans are always talking gay shit.