JSA Storytime: Howard the Duck

Good evening owls,

Backtrack to Treasury Edition time for a bit

Other urls found in this thread:

comicosity.com/hated-feared-and-scared-the-narrative-fail-of-the-x-men/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/95304073/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw the current "defenders" have nothing to do with the Defenders

DC solicits came out but I don't remember anything about them besides NSM suggesting a JLC launch.

riff on Pirandello's "Six Characters in Search of an Author"

that DClock cover with Lex is pretty cool

Bless Jurgens for shoving Booster into stuff

Was Hellcat on that cover of all the women? Closest I can think of

I want Joey's boipussy to stop Ikon from doing something he wouldn't normally do

Who's costume is the not Lex cover of Doomsday?? I have no idea. It looked like dr mid nite was written on something in a bag?

Giffen teasing off killing Shaggy or Fred in Scooby Apocalypse.

So I guess 24 is the last issue.

people guessed Harlequin, but I don't know

>Joey fucks Ikon while he's wearing a Deathstroke costume, putting a stop to his murderous rampage
That's not too farfetched for Prieststroke, honestly

I think it's Comedienne.

Hello, Storyteller.

Didn't people hate the recent Howard the Duck run? I think the Bev equivalent was black, so I assume there was reeeing.

There was some interesting principled "I like/am neutral to Zdarsky but creator's rights and the nature of the material mean I have no interest in any Howard from him" from KB and maybe others.

Best Superboy trade coming in December

Harlequin vs Harley Quinn is the joke comic to show how depraved DC has gotten

Exactly.

sorry if I'm slow today, really achy and gotta not be up late tonight.

The run was shit because of Zdarsky, not because of some black chick.

this is fucking great

JLC is really a no-brainer, you get the relaunch bump, NSM has trades out to lure people in with, and you get the continued cred

>Outlaws forcibly recruited into the Suicide Squad
We get it, DC, the SS movie got an Oscar. Can you please stop shoving them into EVERYTHING?

Goddamn, DC loves ramming the Sqwad up our asses more than AAA publishers love loot boxes. Well, this IS Warner Bros., so it's only fitting.

And who could resist Legion of Doom of China?

also I kind of wanna see the BOTI movie, but like you could pay me to deal with FF, lol

"The Black Hole sucks!" is one of the finest comedic lines ever written.

oh shit old-school NYC subway lines

It is a top ten gem

Yesssssssssss

Which is sad since Defenders would have been a perfect "forgotten 70's thing" for them to bring back for Legacy instead of Marvel Two-in-One.

>JLC
DC PLEASE

Hey, even with how lame the current Squad are, I prefer that Batman being the official character to force into cameos as a last-ditch sales move.

Though two years ago I don't think I would have anticipated the Suicide Squad of all things being the DC property I'd be most sick of seeing.

HI KYLE

They've wanted to make the Squad Happen for a while but the movie synergy is deeply tiresome

I just hope Marvel doesn't try again with the Thunderbolts being shoved into that mold

Caught up on suicide squad and had an Ostrander worthy moment imo last issue

Boy i can't wait for the Suicide Squad comic to finally change rosters

I hope I like the villains they choose for Suicide Squad 2 because that's who we're getting

Hope we get Mirror Master.

>Hey, even with how lame the current Squad are, I prefer that Batman being the official character to force into cameos as a last-ditch sales move.
... I can't argue with that. Maybe it just comes off as annoying as it does because it also means Harley is being forced upon us even more as well.

Still, your point stands. I'd rather her than the brooding piece of shit who gets away with nearly destroying the world because of his whiny bullshit.

I will NEVER, EVER, let the Brother Eye thing go. Ever. Bruce Wayne is a monster.

>Hey, even with how lame the current Squad are, I prefer that Batman being the official character to force into cameos as a last-ditch sales move.
I'd still take Batman over Skwad cameos, I'm used to Batwank now but I don't know if I'll ever get used to the cringe-worthy Deadpool-lite Harley jokes that every writer feels obligated to shove in

Comedy in funnybooks is deceptively hard

Where's mai bronze tiger

Scudder or Scottish bastard?

We should've known that when he got one kid killed and let billions more work under his watch

Scottish Bastard.

That way he can either play off of or replace Aussie Cunt.

>I feel like I could suck in a horse!

I'm kind of amazed Gerber got some of this in

Any thoughts on the leaks from the Marvel previews catalog? It looks like 100% that Jean is coming back in Legacy, and now Xavier is on the cover of Gold.

I hope they start actually using obscure villains who can fucking die.
Hahaha ;_;

You mean like Slipknot?

I assume Cyclops and Wolverine will be back within the next six months too?

I'm actually okay with that, the O5 are cancer and I dislike X-23

it's gonna suuuuck

I dunno, I waver on this. Part of me thinks the X-Line just needs good familiar meat and potatoes executed at a much higher level than the mush being put out right now, and part of me thinks it needs a full-on Milligan/Morrison kick in the pants

See, even the movie, for all its fucking faults, got that right. The comic can't even do that.

Speaking of the X-men this is a nice article that hits some of the reasons why they've been so awful for so long

comicosity.com/hated-feared-and-scared-the-narrative-fail-of-the-x-men/

Something dumb happened in Xmen gold but I can't remember to complain.

That Mojo crossover is literally rehashing greatest hits which is hilarious

Anyone else hate that marvel turned Howard and the guardians into a fuckin meme?

I'm disappointed by how almost everything that morrison and milligan did has been either reversed, or outright ignored. Resurrextion could have been a nice turning point (back to 15 years ago-basics), but that hope died when the creative teams were released.

Marvel apparently signed Rosenberg as an exclusive, so maybe he will get a book that lasts longer than 12 issues now

>comicosity

I can't bring myself to trust Marvel,until there's some major editorial shake ups at least....

If I were WB/DC, for the sequel I'd do the arc where they find out Duchess is Lashina and they all go fight the Furies on Apokolips. You have one of Waller's best moments, you get to tie it in with the DCEU's use of Fourth World shit, and you get a big dumb setting for big dumb setpiece battle because god forbid the stakes in your superhero movie are anything less than the entire world being destroyed.

Harley is far more annoying than anything Batman could do, true, but I feel like the way she was growing she was gonna get to that point inevitably, now at least we can pin Deadshot to her.

>But more than anything else, the overarching narrative thread in most X-Books between 2005 and present has been how much the X-Men have lost and them metatextually lamenting how great they used to be.

that does sound about right, and you can do that as a period but it has to lead into, like, stories that do things, again.

Has any of his work been interesting or has it all been so clearly dictated that we can't actually tell much about his style?

It'd be better than the jangled mess of the first movie since you could fit in what it 'tried' to before.

I looked like CBR's thread about Christopher Priest being on JL, expecting for people to be happy and talking about things that could happen but all there is is people bitching about the line up

Why is there no good place to talk about comics anywhere? ;_;

JL is always people bitching about the lineup, IME

Wasn't his 1990's JL work basically a team version of "Brave and the Bold"?

>I definitely care about Martian Manhunter and always have and have totally bought all his books so I have to ask a question nobody else will: Why isn't he on the JL anymore?

Speaking of JL....whatever happened to Vibe?

>WHY NO JOHN AND HAWKGIRL?

sweet cosplay

I think Dr. Orpheus has ruined Dr. Strange for me. I instinctively use his voice

I dunno, a meat and potatoes approach doesn't seem like it'd help in the case, mostly because the X-Men are kind of, well, stupid.

I know the argument is parroted a lot, but it's frankly true. Anti-mutant prejudice doesn't make sense when the Avengers and the Fantastic Four are beloved celebrities. And no, you can shove that "baselines are afraid of being replaced" whoreshit, because that is not a concern any sane person has.
No matter what convoluted excuse they try to come up with to justify the X-Men's continued existence, it never fucking works.

fuck that shit it was terrible
Zdarsky is an unfunny hack

True.
The main concern for "flatscans" would 100% be "What if my kid is one of the horribly ugly and disgusting mutants?"

Wonder Woman doesn't make sense either desu, worthless fucking character.

Racism doesn't make sense!

I remember the stupid thing, Mutant Deportation Act, a lot of the Xmen are American citizens.

It's mainly that an excellent book can hide the "hasn't this been done before?" aspects and also perform the function of giving the fandom (back) what they want--look, kids, it's more quality X-adventures starring people you like, and if it's enjoyable enough I'll read it too. But the stuff right now isn't even remarkably crafted.

CBR's characterfags make me laugh.

There was a thread about an all female league and they were seeing who the most popular one was, and literally just clicking through it you can see there is this one Batwomanfag who keeps her in the game for like 50 pages. Also Jessica is popular enough there to tie with Wondy which makes me happy desu.

Then you got that Jasonfag who likes Lobdell's early Jason garbage, that Stormfag, and one who likes John Stewart.

For instance, if you told me "Storyteller, I have thirty issues of lost Moy art Archie Legion that just does more of the same thing but does it well" I'd be all GIVE IT TO ME RIGHT FUCKING NOW, you know?

Yeah they got pretty wrapped up in "it should be the classic lineup" vs "it should star my favorite C-listers and/or minority characters"

I want Hal back on the JL because it's bullshit that he's the only one they keep kicking off but I realize that's unlikely at this point

Hey OP. Nosebleeds are unfun!

>that does sound about right, and you can do that as a period but it has to lead into, like, stories that do things, again.
They did, that was the Aaron/Bendis era unfortunately.

Just got reminded that SS shit is intruding on the Brainzarro arc. Fuck.

Lapham writes pretty much the same two leads in most of his work...but it's fantastic every time.

Why do you care so much about random people in a forum you're not even interested in? Do you have autism?

Because it's funny. I know Sup Forums gets upset at the Damianfag but I find her funny too.

While I was typing a response to that X-Men article, OP uses the exact same meat and potatoes allegory I was going to use. Shit.

Without getting too political, I think the anti-mutant hysteria makes more sense today than it has in decades.

this is true :(

That Damian poster is really something

GMTA

There's also something to be said for making a comic actually topical, like the 80s shit we read deals with all sorts of political things head-on.

oh fuck that last TT thread was a complete clusterfuck

>yfw they cast the wrong actress from Westworld as Val

I almost want to go on Priest's blog and beg him to never put Damian in Deathstroke in fear of her ruining one of the storytimes.

obligatory dat ass

>Part of me thinks the X-Line just needs good familiar meat and potatoes executed at a much higher level than the mush being put out right now

Grand Design by Piskor

Ann Nocenti come do President Mojo

It'd be worth it for a second dose of salt from Damianfags

I know a few people who won't pick up Priest JL because of what he said about Damian

She hasn't done anything great in awhile, but I want to believe in that Dark Horse comic she's doing with Aja

Hell it has Aja, I'll read it anyway

>The Spanker

Ah, hitting /d/ early tonight.

That at least combines "familiar shit" with "strong POV"

would read in a hot instant

She goes in other threads too, like Detective Comics.
Or, what is worse, someone who LARPS as her does.
Here's that terrible TT thread, if you want to see Peak-Damifag:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/95304073/

would gladly pay 4.99 an issue

Don't you mean he improved Dr. Strange?

I'm surprised that the bondage thread is stuff up after almost 24 hours. Those fetish threads usually die fast on this board

I really have to wonder though, do you think there are people so far up their own ass that they'd still be upset about politics in comics, even in a comic that literally everyone knows was created as a political commentary?