Calvin and Hobbes Thread

Calvin and Hobbes Thread

Leave Thanos and Darkseid to me.

What's Stupendous Man's power level, anyway?

Thirty-twelve

Well, he moved the earth with his bare hands to reverse time, he's at least Superman tier

Is Watterson the last comic artist to not be a sellout?

he's pretty much the only syndicated newspaper strip artist to not sell out

>artist is the only profession where you are not allowed to make money

he did make quite a bit of money, but he made it entirely on his terms

which granted is an extreme rarity, but still

I respect Watterson for sticking to his guns, even when it seemed like it was going to cost him a strip but desu I wouldn't have minded some C&H merch and a cartoon.

This is the best C&H comic and no one can convince me otherwise.

>I wouldn't have minded some C&H merch and a cartoon

Watterson hated the idea of a cartoon, he didn't want people having a specific vocal cast associated with the characters. Which is a valid concern, given how hard it is to read Peanuts strips and not hear the voices.

He was going to do a calendar, but 12 paintings on top of a daily strip was an insane amount of work and he burned out and had to take his first sabbatical. he was never wholly opposed to merch, he just didn't want to cheapen the characters by, in essence, flanderizing them into catchphrase-spouting revenue generators.

It helps to remember that this was the 80s, when it seemed every 3rd car on the road had one of those suction cup garfield dolls on it.

Thank God nobody uses records any more so kids don't have to think about CAV recordings.

If he is able to break the laws of reality like that he is arguably above superman.

Also nice digits

CALVINBALL!

YOU'RE GOALIE!

Sup Forums in one pick

I can't really imagine they could find a good voice for Calvin

Mines sorta like a deeper Timmy Turner when I hear him talk.

delightful