Had marvel or DC ever written an extremist Muslim terrorist super villain...

Had marvel or DC ever written an extremist Muslim terrorist super villain? I mean with how many people with powers there are you would expect one of them to be an extremist.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onslaught_(DC_Comics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is Black Adam of muslim descent?

He's Egyptian.

He's Egyptian and ruled a fake Middle Eastern country in 52, but I don't think he was religiously Muslim himself

'Mirin

MCU's Mandarin would've been a really cool approach, but then they fucked it up and gave us another white businessman.

they should blame it on Hydra

Dagan Shah. Possess Superman powers inside the field of influence of his power source.

Ra's al ghul? Does he count, he's vaguely milddle eastern.

None, unless you count brief off handed mentions of things like ISIS or panels of terrorists dressed in robes and head wraps. They wouldn't do it out of fear of Muslims hating them and trying to actually kill them like they did those French cartoonists, and the crazy liberals chewing them out for demonizing a minority. They gain nothing by creating one.

Isn't that a Sikh though?

Marvel had Colonel Jihad in the Ultimates line. He died a pig's death.

Champions had Kamala and others literally punching Muslims to protect women that wanted to study.

Isn't Ra's older than Islam? Also I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be on board with religious extremism. Now political extremism is another story.

That Russian Thor was interesting. Actually redeemed himself and was a good guy. Got killed during the zombie fad though.

I don't think Ra's is that old, he's not Vandal Savage.

That's a Sikh you dumbass. How are people still not recognizing this shit after all this time. They're barely even on the same part of the world.

Well DC did this.

Wasn't he originally created to be more far East than middle eastern?

Do not know, but we can make an extremist hero.

No shut up he's brown and has a head thing. It's just like how Scottish people and Irish people are basically the same thing. And Chinese and Japanese. And Australian and New Zealander. And Canadian and American.

And Suicide Squad had Harley and them killing ISIS members, but no one is going to create a Muslim terrorist supervillain that kills innocents in the name of Islam.

Sikhs are the ultimate bros and yall should really be ashamed for confusing them with muslims

They are brown, have beards and wear blankets on their head.

Muslims can't be heroes silly. If they were good people then they wouldn't be Muslim.

I know this is a shitpost, but it's also true

Yeesh. I guess I shouldn't be surprised he died horribly but that is fairly high up there on the shitty death list, even for the Ultimates line. I guess the only person who died a heroic death was Parker and even he was robbed of that because Bendis needed to shill Miles one more time.

You can tell and American from a Canadian by the white guilt and lack of freedoms keeping a Canadians head down

People already stopped caring.

Colonel Abdul al-Rahman

because even Sup Forums can eventually read wikipedia and see it's an existing character being adapted, with the only change being needless hacker shit and time travel

their beards are trimmed a specific way, they're obviously more indian than middle eastern, their turbans are a very specific shape, style, etc. Meanwhile, after all this time of fighting people in the middle east how many have you seen with a turban from any terrorist organization? Like a full actual turban and not a cloth held to their head a band, and without wearing an all white robe?

What kind of rock does someone need to be living in to not be able to tell the difference here? It's like mixing up a tomato with an apple. They're both round and can be red or green, but you need a mental handicap to ever confuse them.

That's a joke you dumbass. How are people still not recognizing this shit after all this time. The edit barely has any effort put into it.

Yup. As I said, Colonel Jihad from the Ultimates universe.

>merely pretending to be retarded

I don't live in Europe so I don't see muslims often.

Most people have never seen nor heard of Sikhs at all, you're overestimating the frame of reference.

That is not his name, and he doesn't seem the overly observant type.

After 15 years of constant media about terrorist muslim groups and wars against them you would have to be living under a rock to not know what people over there look at.

So fucking bullshit. There's no excuse at this point.

no one watches the news, dumb autist

There isn't any news about sikhs

That comic with Amanda Waller back in the 80's did. Rustam?

Usually a combination of liking hockey and politeness is enough for me to figure it out.

All you mother fuckers need to learn to comic.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onslaught_(DC_Comics)

he's pre Islam/Chrostianity IIRC

>most people haven't heard of them
you are not most people. They're pretty well known due to their traditional dress and all that. And from rednecks idiots mistaking them for muslims for the last couple decades and attacking them.

That said, you have heard of Muslims and you do know what people in the middle east look like and shit. I don't believe for a second that you don't.

there is plenty. you just don't pay attention apparently.

Dat art though

You don't watch, read, or listen to any news. None at all. Not from anywhere. You must be so proud of that.

You must be Canadian or something. They really do not have significant communities in most places.

You don't want to read that book though, it's from Villains for Hire. So bad that it was posted during the weekend of pain.

By the sound of it you have heard of them well enough.

They're more well known for notable individuals in the west, their importance historically, and for being really easy to spot, not for having significant communities everywhere.

Seeing as you have heard of them in spite of what you've argued, it's really surprising that anyone is stupid enough to not recognize them by this point.

I do like the guy's style though, at least judging from that pic. Too bad he got stuck in a shit book then

He's a terrorist from Azerbaijan who was given a super soldier serum made in Iran. He may not be officially called Captain Jihad but it fits him the same way Clor fits that shitty Thor Clone from the first Marvel Civil War.

*Meant Colonel Jihad

No. They'd rather write straw(white)men than be realistic.

I have heard about them very recently, like less than 5 years ago. And it was just a fluke article someone shared on twitter that got retweeted to my feed by some Canadian comic person (can't remember who).

I don't assume everyone with a headcovering is Muslim (conservative Jews and Christians do it too at least), but there was no way for me to know about Sikhs in particular before that. It's not even something I should have learned about in school in AP history classes or anything. Just seems unreasonable to expect people to know about things they never encounter or see in media.

I have it on good authority from CNN that he's a twelve-year-old child refugee suffering from starvation.