Marvel's Spider-Man new episodes thread

The Stark Expo one said that he's apparently 5'10 and 97 lbs. That gives Peter a BMI of 13.9. Literally the point of being anorexic. For a show that seems to go on and on about science, the writers sure don't know about science.

Cast additions from the newest episodes:

Flash Thompson: Ben Diskin
Sandman: Travis Willingham
Hammerhead: Jim Cummings
Keemia Marko/Sand Girl: Sofia Carson
Iron Man/Tony Stark: Mick Wingert

>Winnie the Pooh is Hammerhead
kek

I did not like Hammerhead's accent.

Sounded like Rocky.

Of course they don't know science, in the origin story on YouTube, they thought it was science to say that it's impossible to kick someone to the moon. These idiots thought it made Harry look smart to say that it's "scientifically" impossible to kick someone to the moon.

>Hammerhead: Jim Cummings
I always thought John Dimmagio would be better Hammerhead.

To be fair, most creators of cartoons, games and the like seem to be fucking retarded with measurements.

How do you fuck up weight that much? I'm around 5'10 and 160 lb and I'm still skinny. Why is it so hard to Google a GNU chart

I'll take Ultimate Spider-Man back over this shit.

John DiMaggio was Hammerhead in Spectacular.

Jesus christ, I didn't think he was malnutrition level poor

Why does Marvel always pick shitty voice actors for Spidey?

>Flash Thompson: Ben Diskin

It'd be funny if Flash was Venom again, since Diskin voiced Venom in Spectacular.

Don't say things you can't take back, user.

Don't talk shit about Josh Keaton asshole.

97 lbs? That's insane. You must be mistaken.

It seems they're using Spectacular voice actors and casting them as the wrong characters all the way around.

Josh Keaton (Spider-Man): Norman Osborn
John DiMaggio (Sandman, Hammerhead): Jackal
Ben Diskin (Eddie Brock/Venom): Spencer Smythe and Flash Thompson
Grey DeLisle (Betty Brant and Sally Avril): Black Cat
Jim Cummings (Burglar, Crusher Hogan): Hammerhead, Ghost
Steve Blum (Green Goblin, Blackie Gaxton, News Reporter): Bonesaw McGee

That was Sony.
Watch Stark Expo.

anybody who heard Jim Cummings voicing Ghost and see Ghosts face would probably recall this if you've actually played the game.

I hated how they nerfed Flint sooooo HARD.

>Keemia Marko
Why would Sandman name his daughter after a type of cancer?

Most female superheroes are under 5'10 and I can't think of a single one under 100 lbs.

Why wouldn't he?

it means "alchemy" in another language.

OP, I have a BMI of 11. But I agree that comic book writers do not know science.

To be fair, Keaton is actually pretty good as Norman.

Also, the burglar was voiced by James Remar.

I love Josh Keaton. I meant Marvel with just Drake Bell and this new guy.

>Sandman does what he does to provide for his daughter
>gets powers by Hammerhead trying to kill him
>can't control his powers without help
>once he can control them, he just wants to see his girl again
>daughter also gains sand powers, but now sides with Hammerhead for retarded reasons
>she straight up tries to murder you

Why is Sandman's life suffering?

>To be fair, Keaton is actually pretty good as Norman.
Agreed, but it still kind of stings because he was the perfect Spuder-Man.
>Also, the burglar was voiced by James Remar.
He was voiced by both in different episodes.

Already an Iron Man episode? please tell me he isn't a fanboy like in the MCU!

I don't get why Steve Blum is allowed to reprise Wolverine, Fred Tatasciore is allowed to reprise Hulk, but Josh Keaton and co aren't allowed to reprise their characters.

Sorry to disappoint you. He awkwardly geeks out and even asks for an autograph at the end.

I was surprised by how dark that got between Flint and Keemia.

Still trying to figure out if they're going to make Norman or Harry the goblin. Certainly hope it's Norman. Also really hope the concept art was misleading and Gwen, Miles, and Anya don't get powered up. Or at least not too early on.

Thanks for the warning... well, I guess I will wait for the next series, not the only reason but I'm a little tired of Iron Man everywhere, at least wait for season 2.

The fact that they decided to name the daughter Keemia as well as include Clash shows that Dan Slott's involvement is more than just a pity credit.

Eh. It's not terrible. Certainly not great, but watchable nonetheless. I would say that it's worse than most Spider-Man animated series, but better than Ultimate and the MTV one.

>97 lbs

Max Modell and Horizon too.

Yeesh. That's almost as skinny as Steve Rogers before the super soldier serum.

Miles is getting his powers on the next episode.

The Iron Man stuff seems to be in that episode so far. The only other team up coming up is in a Halloween episode with the Hulk.

Keaton's Norman's pretty damn good to be honest.

I think he's channeling Rachins.

I'd rather have And His Amazing Friends than any of the Spider-Man cartoons that were released after it

He's a way better Norman than he EVER was Spider-Man. In fact, that probably his worst role.

is everyone a nigger in cartoons as well or no?

Fuck off, mate. Just fuck off.
This cartoon may not be all that good, but compared to Ultimate it's a godsend.

lol, no fuck off, this show scientifically sucks ass

And Ultimate is far FAR worse, you idiot.

You can kindly leave these boards and never come back.

> Travis Willingham
Sandman would like to rage.

Lol triggered tumblrite thinks they found home. Fuck off

Alternatively; Negaduck is Hammerhead.

I thought it might be his superpowers that makes him so light, he doesn't look THAT skinny.

LOL. I fucked up. That was my post and I accidentally replied to the wrong comment. Meant to respond to the one above () dissing Josh Keaton's Spider-Man.

quick question. will mysterio be a guy or a girl in this? cause i saw the ep "sandman", got my hopes up halfway, then those hopes crashed and burned in the second half. then i remembered the Mysterio ep from Ultimate Spiderman feat. drake"failed a DUI"bell.

forgot pic.

dammit.

>t'd be funny if Flash was Venom again, since Diskin voiced Venom in Spectacular.
I thought the same thing.

Well I mean would the body survive the blow required to do it?

That would honestly be an interesting angle.
I doubt that's what they had in mind though.

Mera seems rather skinny

I want to fuck that fishbowl

Mera is 5'9 and 160 lbs. then again Atlanteans are particularly dense.

I noticed that! I was a skinny teenager and I wasn't that skinny.
The weight is there for the "98lb weakling" joke, but 5'10? Spidey, especially teen spidey, shouldn't be that tall.

Didn't sound like Cagney.

Spectacular Peter is listed as being 5'6 on the wikis, but I think they just took that from "if I were a 6'5 lizard instead of a 5'6 spider, where would I hide?" Not sure if he was serious.

he shouldn't weigh 97 pounds either.

Why not? Being tiny (at least before powers) is certainly part of his backstory.

Peter was built fairly normally. That said, skinny at 5'10 is far from 97 lbs. as OP said, that BMI is in the anorexia range. 120 lbs would be super skinny for a 5'10 male and 150 would still be skinny and that's without any extra muscle mass.

being skinny is one thing, but with his build as shown in the show it's not possible realistically to be 97 pounds at 5'10. Little asian girls weight that much.

Yep.

I didn't know people could nitpick this much

Fuck the family shit
I want him to haunt that bitch's every waking moment

fuck off idiot

Sandman was better off as a not so sympathetic bad guy, but not killer like Byrne made him. Spectacular did him right; as a run of the mill thug who just wanted a big score.

this thread is fucking retarded we get it you love spectacular spider man let it go

t. Stephen Wacker

not an argument

After 8 years, it's pretty much a lifestyle choice to hold on at this point. Some people still aren't over the 94 series though, so it is what is.

He somewhat redeemed himself on his last appearance on Spectacular. There were plans to make him part of the Wild Pack that Silver Sable would form.

I like this show :)

The dialogue is corny at times, the animation could be better and I don't get why Anya's such a bitch but, yeah, I like it, too.

>Stark Expo episode had the symbiote react to Flash for a second

They better be going somewhere with this.

Fuck off Molyneaux.

the autistic dialogue is kinda rampant but we've dealt with worse. My problem though is the fucking how they deal with Peter disappearing when Spidey shows up. The cowardism ones are well done but its fucking obvious half the time he's lying.
>shows up completely clean and unharmed
>"oh i was trapped under some rubble over there no biggie"
>I could have pretended I saw Spidey and Black Cat fight eachother but that costs way too many autism points I'm going to blame myself for this mess instead

The stark expo episode had it worse because Peter clearly told gingerballs the black stuff is alive and he clearly saw Spiderman in his new black suit before then AND SAW HIM PUT THE SYMBIOTE ON TO BECOME BLACK SPIDERMAN IN THE EPISODE how did this fat ginger lovechild of gabe newell and redbeard the pirate fuck not put two and two together and realise hes spoodermin?

>discount Kung Fu Panda as a major comic book hero

Good for him for getting more voice roles!

I wonder if there will ever be a more Robert Hays Iron Man again

I remember hearing about this. Sable, Sandman, Black Cat, Prowler, etc. I could see Molten Man joining as well.

Does she resort to mercenary work after her dad is locked up or something?

Probably. I know Weisman compared her to Gwen to how they imagined certain characters into growing into their more iconic roles. I could see her quitting being her dad's enforcer in the future.

not a retort

It's okay.

Don't say that user.

The show is just okay. Unlike Ultimate, I'll watch it, but it's still not great.

Cause... Sony. Loeb or Ike have a hate-on for it.

Loeb hasn't had a hand in the cartoons for years

Wacker's in charge now.

and it shows.

Didn't he move over to regular television?