ITT: Shit Casuals Say

"The Watchmen movie ending is better than the comics, the giant squid is stupid!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bH88B4c49Ko
youtube.com/watch?v=RbodePpsmt4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Colossus is stronger than Hulk and the Thing because he is made of metal while the other 2 are flesh and rocks.

The Lizard is a Batman villain.

Bane is stronger than Superman because Bane is capable of defeating Batman.

Flash can't beat Superman in a race.

The Hulk is the strongest there is.

Thor is useless without his hammer.

>Flash can't beat Superman in a race.

C H A R I T Y
H
A
R
I
T
Y

>i like marvel

"Marvel is realistic"

It had to be stupid giant squid because then an autist with Rorschach's journal could conceivably blow the whole thing wide open.

>Aquaman sucks, he rides a seahorse and talks to fish
>Hellboy is the poor mans Spawn
>Mister Freeze is totally stronger than Captain Cold
>Harley Quinn is my favorite hero

Guy Gardner? What an asshole

>The rainbow corps are good and totally not the biggest mistake to ever happen to the Green Lantern franchise

>implying that comic wasn't great and that Larfleeze, Atrocitus, and Saint Walker aren't worthy additions to the mythos

>Flash can't beat Superman in a race.
Casuals don't say this anymore thanks to Cheetah is WW's arch nemesis!

Batman can do anything BECAUSE HE'S BATMAN XDDDD

I hate Superman because of Injustice

>Cheetah is WW's arch nemesis!
... I've been reading Diana since Jimenez and always thought that.

>Superman is boring, Marvel/Batman is better because its more realistic

Only the sapphires and indigos sucked, the rest are alright

This actually, they are a waste but everyone is is fine.

> political cartoons can't be funny
> Oh no! Jean is back!
>hollyhock is on the spectrum
>superior iron man is better than the original
> starfire can't be played by a black woman

>Sup Forums is full of casuals
Figures, considering I browse here

Fuck you, I'm mad Jean's alive again.

The Infamous Iron Man is best Iron Man.

Ah, I get it. You took a look at the catalog and posted simplified versions of some threads, implying Sup Forums users are casuals. Clever, user!

Obligatory "DC heroes are gods trying to be human while Marvel heroes are humans trying to be gods".

You thought you were funny, but now you're gonna swing with the rest.

I thought it was the other way around.

>Cheetah is WW's arch nemesis!
It's not really wrong. She has bigger foes, but DC almost always uses Cheetah as her equivalent of Luthor and Joker.

You could have just put "the Watchmen movie was good"

Batman can beat Superman easy.

Superman is op and boring because he is unbeatable.but X character can beat him

Who is stronger than Hulk?

>Why can't Flash just take Captain Cold's gun away?

yeah it took me a second to get that thought process, but if you're looking at it from a really shallow perspective, DC heroes tend to have stronger innate powersets, but spend their free time trying to act like normal people. Marvel's heroes are generally closer to average people, and spend their free time fighting bad guys.

But if you're familiar with the universes you know that DCs heroes have generally higher goals, and are more actively trying to achieve more goodness/god-likeness. Just as an example, when a big threat happens in DC, it's usually world threatening. Typically, when a big threat happens in Marvel, we don't see how it impacts much outside of NYC.

Marvel heroes as a whole are way too cynical to ever claim they're attempting to be gods, or attempting to get rid of all evil in the world, while that's Batman's literal gameplan.

Imagine Norman Osborn coming back to reclaim the green goblin after being impaled in the chest by his glider and being very dead for over two decades.

now imagine him doing it 15 times in the next 20 years

If it's in a comic, it's canon!

I once had to describe in depth the DC multiverse to a normie who thought Injustice was canon just because it was a comic book.

Thanos

HYPERTIME

It exist within the multiverse in some form, but it isn't canon to the main universe.

reeeee

"Jon can read minds", "Jon can see the future", etc. I blame the movie. Any hint that the Comedian had a "dark past" is also retarded. Come to think of it, casuals always fuck up Rorschach's alignment, too.

I also find it really funny that most people don't realize that rorschach is supposed to mirror other characters (as well as the reader). People judge him by their own faults. Same thing happens with the comedian, though to a lesser extent. Adrian says he's "practically a nazi". Which is weird coming from the smartest guy on the planet. You'd think he'd know a few things about natsoc philosophy.... HM seems he's blind to a few things

I mean Jon can technically see the future, he just can't do anything about it

>Goku can beat Superman

Jon CHOOSES never to do anything about it. It is one of those stupid old philosophical things "if a mad scientist had a bomb in your brain, but you did everything he wanted without him ever threatening you, did you have free will?"

Supeman is a boring Mary Sue.
Why didn't Batman just kill the Joker?
TMNT started as animated series.

[anything regurgitated from one or two panels/pages posted over and over again rather than the actual comic in context]

> Hulk is strongest there is
You calling Hulk a liar?

isn't he like Paul Muad'dib, i.e. seeing the future sets it in stone?

reminds me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=bH88B4c49Ko

As a Harley Quinn fan, I despise all the new Harleyfags who think she's a feminist icon instead of an interesting depiction of serial abuse.

>superior iron man is better than the original
We all know you just glanced at the catalog and thought you were funny, but Superior Iron Man was legitimately fun and a great idea, so...

my favorite character is spiders-man from the revengers

He can only see it from his own perspective. Even the movie made sure to have him say that.

Fucking thank you.

>canon in marvel/dc comics
youtube.com/watch?v=RbodePpsmt4

Rebirth is good.

The Vision is one of the best comic books.

power level discussions are the ultimate casual, and that includes arguing over which comics are "the best"

>> starfire can't be played by a black woman

I mean.
She can be.
But not that fucking...Thing they got for the role.

>The Vision is good at all

Fixed it for you.

Batman is my favorite Avenger.
So wait, why isn't Batman in the Avengers yet?
Wouldn't it be cool if Disney got the rights for Batman back?
Why aren't any of the Avengers showing up to help Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman?

Fucking this

>talking about movie shit at all
there you go

Well of course.
What, you think actual casuals even talk about comics?

there are tiers of casual, but casual comic readers do exist
>I love Brian Michael Bendis/Scott Snyder/Dan Jurgens/Dan Slott!
>Frank Miller sucks.
>Wait, Alan Moore wrote other comics besides Watchmen?
>Greg Land/Jim Lee/David Finch is a great artist!
>What's a colorist?

>Rebirth is good
>Image is good
>Johns is good
>Remender is good
>Waid is good
>Jim Lee/Fabok/Frank Cho is good
>Bronze age is the best era for capeshit
>this comic is bad because it "mischaracterises" my favorite character

>>Bronze age is the best era for capeshit
explain

People like to hype up decentish Bronze age runs as GOAT. Dark ages were better.

there's a lot less shit comics in the Bronze Age than in the Dark Age

>The Lizard is a Batman villain.
What?

That's a really retarded thing to say.

I am fairly sure at some points during the silver age they went full retard with supes speed.

>TMNT started as animated series.
I've heard Witchblade started as an anime

Ideally it would be just green but if they really need to have others it should have been kept at red and maybe star saphires.

it's a retarded thing to have to address
>this comic is the best!
>this comic is not the best!
there is no objective best, so it's all just retarded power level arguments

someone will of course feel obligated to put forward their favorite "good" comic as the best, and someone will argue with him, and there will be no actual discussion over quality, just "nuh uh, my comic could beat up your comic with his eyes closed!"

Is injustice one of the 52 or a seperate multiverse?

There's also a lot less GOAT comics.

"But in the comics/source material it's different!"

Only casuals moan about source material

>TMNT started as animated series.
It didn't?
I am starting to see a surge in people thing pym really did avuse his wife. Maybe somebody should storytime the issue.

Killer Croc and Lizard looks pretty similar depending on the Killer Croc appearance that they decide to use. Easy for non-fans to get confused.

Literally any cosmic being. Hell Gladiator can whoop his ass on a good day.

it has Simonson Thor, Miller Daredevil, Moore Swamp Thing, and Miracleman, which are really all it needs

also the Bronze Age is really a lot looser with timeframe as an Age compared to the Gold, Silver, and Dark Ages. Like, 1986 is marked as the beginning of the Dark Age, but things didn't really start looking like the actual Dark Age people recognize until the 90s

They're right

Superman

Abomination
Thor
Half-Life

Noone is stronger than The Hulk. Noone is probably the deadliest single being in the Marvel universe and beyond. Frankly, I bet Noone can beat Power Man in a fight.

Most "casuals" didn't know or give a fuck that Watchmen even had a comic. Most Casuals loathed the fucking movie too.

THIS!

Animal Man, Doom Patrol, Shade, Supreme, Tom Strong, Sandman, Authority, Starman, Spectre, Suicide Squad, Concrete, Astro City, Marvels, Flex Mentallo, the Maxx, Ennis' Hellblazer.
Dark ages just had more great stuff. Swamp Thing had half of Moore's run in the dark ages, considering that dark ages officially began around COIE, DKR and Watchmen era.

>I like capeshit
I feel sorry for y'all muricans not growing with goat eurocomics. Not saying mainstream stuff is better, but there so much more good ones...

Daredevil, Swamp Thing, and Miracleman>all of those

That's a really bad call to make, considering some of the really good Swamp Thing issues were cutting it real close to or extending into the Dark Ages. I haven't ever found a consensus on whether Collins and Millar's runs were good or not.

No to Daredevil and Miracleman. No way is Miller's Daredevil better than most of them.

do you see now?

"The thing I like is better than the thing you like."

well there are several instances where that's true

If I like Miller and you like Bendis, for example

Well I ain't calling him for dinner

I hear everyone say this, but nobody ever prove it. Every time some dumb Sci fi comic is recommended when asked for Europe's best.

What if we both like Garth Ennis, but I like Ennis' Hellblazer and you like Ennis' Punisher?

then it is not true

although why wouldn't we like both

>he doesn't like Moebius

>well there are several instances where that's true
If you can only find validation in impotent dick measuring, then sure.

we wouldn't be here otherwise

Political cartoons can't be funny though

they can but only unintentionally or if they're by Kelly