Recent buys thread

Here's my latest one. Share yours.
Pics preferred to lists but anything goes.

>not buying Adventure Time comics

Go to bed, whoever writes the Adventure Time comics.

Nobody buys comics here or what?

Should I get pic related or will it be collected in the omnibus?

I ordered the Annihilator HC off of amazon and it came in today.

These came today. I also ordered the first GI Joe Complete Collection HC and Uncle Scrooge: "The Lost Crown of Geghis Kahn"

It'll be collected in the omnibus

No one knows for sure.

I'm still waiting for a regular trade since the HC is fucking garbage.

Got these the other day

I'm buying it in hopes that all the Fourth World gets put in trades, I don't want a 1500 page monster.

I have the Superior Foes of Spider-Man omnibus coming and I'm also getting Amazing Spider-Man omnibus volume 3.

Is Justice Inc. actually good?

>I don't want a 1500 page monster.
Yeah, I never understood people who go for those. You can't even read that shit.

we do but your shit thread is easy to miss

Like Kamandi is fine at 800 something pages. I'm okay with something I have to read on a table, I usually prefer a nice hardcover to a trade. But I have zero faith that a omnibus that size won't start falling apart after a couple read throughs.

I have an embarassing number of omnis. i legit prefer them over every other format.
My Werewolf by Night Omni is about that size and has survived at least three rereads. I'm reading the Morrison Doom Patrol omni right now, and it's a monster, but not hard to read in a chair or in bed. My wife disagrees, though, so ymmv And to each their own.
Fwiw, the first printing of Simonson's Thor omni was on much heavier paper than they use now and completely a bitch to read.

my camera has awful quality but here's my recent purchases

and my shelf. conan omni volume 3 is underneath conan volume 2

>Vance
>Howard
>Hpl

My marvel shelf

Oh yeah these too

I really need to get more into Nexus one day. Only have 1 book.

Wow haven't seen Billi 99 for ages. That was one of Sale's first pro jobs, wasn't it?
Great taste. Nexus was one of my first true loves of comics, going back to the First days. Storytimed God Con, the Madman crossover and a coupla other classic Baron/Rude Nexus mini's and got a great reception, Rude is one of the greatest to ever pick up a pencil
DO IT
These are mine. The ending of Clyde Fans was shit, boring and disappointing as fuck. Fuck you, Seth. I've officially gone off you. Give me my old floppy Palookavilles anyday over these hardcover monstrosities.
Really looking forward to reading Education and Mutiny Bay, I have a thing for "arty"/underground pirate comics

I really like Vext.

negative burn has some great stuff

I read the first couple dozen. They really, really over use the "Story starts in medias res with no one remembering how they got there and/or acting like everything is normal when it's obvious to the audience that something isn't right" which is a very specific story/trope to reuse, so it becomes pretty obvious. But they're not terrible. They do some really neat things with the medium sometimes, like that flowchart story and the upside down dungeon. I stopped at the wild west arc, I believe, but I didn't hate them.

I bought the first volume of Usagi Yojimbo saga a few weeks back, then I ordered a bunch more because now I'm hooked

nothing currently. next month again.

What are these 2 Dark Horse Conan books? Are they HCs? They don't look like my Conan omnis.

Finally, my MOME order is on the way. All volumes.
The seller didn't put the address correct, skipped a whole address line, so it was put on hold.

Also, just got the message that the seller accepted my offer of $250 for the lot. Great deal.

Amazon is doing a massive digital sale going on right now, has anybody been picking up anything from that? Any recommendations?

>digital
no thanks

just ordered this. A nice Sci-Fi bundle with some goth tacked on. Orbital is my favorite Ellis story

Why did no one tell me Burn's trilogy he did got collected into one book?

Also when it comes to buying Rebirth trades do you prefer to get the single volumes or deluxe editions?

>Orbital
>farvorite Ellis story

god damn it, I always mix up Orbiter and Orbital....you know what I mean though

deluxe

Deluxe seem like a cheaper option but the wait is probably longer.

I got both of these for $95. If i cant get captian america lives for a decent price i'll probably sell them after I read them.

they're the conan archive editions. they're the marvel conans, not the savage sword

>That was one of Sale's first pro jobs, wasn't it?
Yeah, and for what I've seen, he was already great. Let's hope the comic is good as a whole.

is dark nights getting an ohc?

Doom Patrol is 10/10

oh all right.

As I remember it's really good. I had an issue but think it got given away or summat but great art, recognisably Sale but heavier on that sorta Mazzucchelli Year One rough, thick, solid blacks and chunky lines. Certainly a nice-looking comic if nothing else.

I just pre-ordered Legionnaires Book Two, does it count?

It will arrive on or around my birthday next summer, which I suppose is something.

I ordered the top left on impulse. I loved it. I love the one under it too. Iread Madbomb Every 4th of July. The only other CA run I really dig is JMD/Zeck.

I was going to post these in the last few threads but I was lazy.
Here comes bunch of posts (I should combine these images later)...
This was my haul from a local con this month. Found the OOP Jimbo in Inferno by accident. I wonder if Fanta will ever collect all of his Jimbo comics in one big collection in the future...
Those Dan Berry and not pictured Hanselmann comics got smeared by fruit on the second con day :/ I might try cleaning them again. Might have to buy Portrait again...

>foot
Get out

Sarah Glidden was one of the guests and she was nice. I talked to her for awhile. I ordered her books online but they only arrived after the con -- the same thing happened with the sellers at the con, their copies didn't arrive either on time. But she did sign a page from a sketchbook :)
Smh accidentally uploaded the one photo with the foot.

hope it doesn't get canceled my friend

Gilbert Shelton was one of the main guests. It was really admirable to see a 77 year old signing, drawing and talking for over 2 hours straight (while drinking beer on the side). He pulled more people than Hanselmann last year, which I didn't expect.

More Shelton...

I rather liked Ocean. I've never read Orbiter.

I would recommend reading Ellis' Avatar Press comics. Those are sorely underrated. I particularly liked FreakAngels and Ignition City.

it's the first time I like anything involving DC's Gods

I didn't expect to enjoy his work as much as I did even though it's highly revered in the Comics Journal circles. Wonder Wart-Hog especially holds up well. I was surprised by some of the gore from a 60-70s series.

Jose Munoz was the other main guest. He also pulled as big of crowd as Shelton.

Alack Sinner and Billie Holiday.
Other notable guests were Leah Moore (Alan's daughter), Dan Berry, Berliac and kus! related folk. I attended their panels as well and got Dan and kus! comics as well. Fun event that I enjoy each year. Sorry for spamming.

I mean, they greenlit it after the first volume came out, the silver age omnibus did ok and they haven't cancelled the The Legion trade yet so hopefully it will stick around

Niiiice....you get pi included yet? One of the best thing's Panter's ever done. Cool haul, bredda

Nah, only have Jimbo in Inferno and Dal Tokyo so far.

Whoooaaaa not spamming, fucking jelly as fuck, you lucky, lucky user. Well done. Well fucking done.
(I have a signed copy of Joe's Bar but no sketch, unfortunately :( )

Dal Tokyo's dope. Just sprung for the Jimvo in Paradise signed/numbered copy 'cause it's on sale on the Fanta website...holy shit I WISH I'd hav bought that huge monograph that Picturebox put out in about 2011/2012...anyway great taste man. Do you have RAW vol. 2 #3 (I think, hafta go and check shelves) with the huge Panter sketchbook insert? really worth tracking down and those Penguin digest-sized comics are cheap as fuck compared to the original over-sized comics.

Munoz also had long line in the late evening and he came back the next day to continue. It was pretty funny when he signed by comics he used a Marvel book for support when he sketched and quipped "this is what they're good for" and laughed.
Do you mean Jimbo in Purgatory because that's what I'm seeing on their site. $66 might be too much for me (might get it during their Black Friday sale with an additional sale of 40%), I bought Inferno for 20€, lol.
Funny that you mention Picturebox, last year I bought whatever of their stuff I could find.
And no, I don't have any RAW stuff. I have read and own comics that were later collected by their creators, though.

Yeah, Purgatory, sorry, my mistake! The red and gold cover.
Hahah that Munoz quote is gold! He's one of the best to ever do it, influenced everyone from Taiyo Matsumoto to David Mazzucchelli to Keith Giffen to Frank Miller...what a legend--and that Alack sketch is a fucking beauty, man. Never been a Shelton fan but I totally respect his legacy and those were some nice sketches too. I did like, uhm, Not Quite Dead, the rock band story that was serialised in MOME? That was cool.

>when he signed by comics he used a Marvel book for support when he sketched and quipped "this is what they're good for" and laughed.

I got a sketch from Rich Tommaso last year and he used that giant IDW Alex Toth's Bravo For Adventure as his support.

I have a really funny Rich Tommasso story about back when the Comics Journal message board was still going but it's slightly convoluted.

Reposting last week's stuff as well as recent weekend.

1/?

Btw does anyone know any good near-kid-level horror comics?
My LCS is having a big sale next month so I wanna buy up some horror comics to give out to the trick-or-treaters.
Doesn't have to be completely tame, but at least no swearing or nudity for their moms to complain about.

2/?

I swear I remember some floppy rereleases of old EC comics stuff.
And I doubt any of the 00s new stuff they made a while back would be hard to find.
I just feel like I'm drawing a blank, and there is just too many horror comics to sift through to go down the line of readcomiconline or something.

3/?

4/5

>Also when it comes to buying Rebirth trades do you prefer to get the single volumes or deluxe editions?
Neither, fuck rebirth.

5/5

Was especially proud of the PlasticMan find.

How is New 52 Aqua Man? I've been really enjoying Abnett's run in Rebirth and it's got me curious on past titles. I was planning on buying the omnibus when it came out but I've heard New 52 Aqua Man was one of the most solid titles during New 52.

Of course it does.

Those Jack Cole Plas comics are awesome. Too bad DC just wants to use him as a generic shapeshifting quipster.

I'm digging it. I ordered the omni after reading the first trade. Robotman is my favorite part of it. He is kind of similar to Lee/Kirby Ben Grim.
I really like NTT as well. Very, very solid first issue. Cyborg is way more interesting than he is in later incarnations.

Plastic Man is likely the best superhero comic from the Golden Age.

A lot of people love it, but a lot of people love Johns in general. I think he's a mediocre writer at best, and so is his Aquaman.

That guy already said he likes Blandnette, so...

Johns run is great.
Follow-up run after his is also good.
After that there's some mediocre renegade run where "Aquaman is on the run from Atlantis cause he wants to save this other race" that came out at the same time as Renegade Hal and Powerless renegade Supes so it just looks like super shit in comparison to those.
After that storyarc though, it gets good again.
And by then it's Rebirth run.

So I'd say skip the renegade biz(as well as the spinoff Aquaman and The Others) and rest is solid to amazing.

is the marvel nam any good? i like larry hama's gi joe stuff

The 'Nam is one of the best series they ever published IMO but I have shit taste in general

stick around

alrighty then

The third Kirby Thor omni didn't show up on IST today. What gives?

they don't seem to have a single Thor omnibus at all. try cheapgraphicnovels.com instead if you like.

Recent stuff, waiting on some Geof Darrow sketchbooks and four Corto Maltese books.

THB reprints never

Maybe we'll see a Battling Boy movie one day so he can get back to THB.

it's fucking tuesday user.

IST's new releases come out on Tuesdays.

It doesn't come out til Oct. 3.

>Having a designated day to buy comics

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH! FREEDOM!

IST had it listed for today, CGN has it as available for next week. Both usually get things weeks before Amazon.