Was it popular with girls? Yes, I'm talking about the original show

Was it popular with girls? Yes, I'm talking about the original show
I know it was really popular with boys, but what about girls?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qwo5diOymR0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've only met girls in real life who watched it. The only boys I've known that supposedly watched this show is you guys.

My 4th grade teacher was a huge PPG fanboy.

Boys and girls loved it. Everyone I've ever talked about cartoons with says it was awesome.
That being said, girls expressed it more. My cousin loved it, and all of the merchandise was aimed towards girls. Best I got was the Burger King toys.

I can't believed in the end you asked Sup Forums for this.

Every little girl at my school watched it we all had pencil cases and erasers of them my favorite was buttercup

I watched it with my big sister if that counts. But we watched the same shows together as kids so...

Duh, that's the easiest way to get answers
Any google search I tried turned up with the fucking reboot and feminism so...

try /tumblr/

My little cousin's house was decorated with PPG merch.

>tfw my friends called me a sissy for liking PPG
Motherfuckers.

I watched it when I was little and then a babysitter remarked "You watch the powerpuff girls?! That is so ctue!" Then I felt odd watching it because I felt it was more aimed towards girls not boys.

Then one day when I was in highschool I had a friend stay the night and in the morning he put it on the tv because it was on ondemand. We cuddled an watched an episode it was really fucking gay and I look back on that memory fondly.

Did you not know any girls back then?
But anyway the answer is yes.

It's still catchy

youtube.com/watch?v=qwo5diOymR0

Popular enough that my mom still makes fun of me for liking it

Thanks for the answers guys

Do you have any ideas why it was so popular with girls?
I mean, it was really different from other girl's shows, and I don't really expect girls to be fond of its violence (which was the main point for me/the other guys I talked to about it)

What made it a success?
Simply because it was three heroines fucking shit up?

Wasn't McCraken annoyed that CN chose to market it heavily to girls, because he intended it as a show for everyone?

Idk, europoor here and it's kinda 'known' that PPG was mainly watched by boys here (yeah, for some weird reason)
But you might be right

european boys are practically girls though.

Nah, was too old when it came out (maybe 12 or so) and girls were way 'too old' to watch cartoons
Also no, didn't have many girl friends

It's okay to be a faggot on Sup Forums user

I have no problem being a faggot, but my friend was not. Because of that I ruined a friendship that I will never get back.

Not a grill, but when I watched it, I watched it purely for the comedy aspect. Maybe girls did that.

i assumed it was popular with everyone.

uh, it was a good show overall. written fine, stuff happened, funny, and very memorable. that's what makes things popular.

have you even seen it? because if you had, you'd have a better sense of what made it successful, rather than implying it was because they were chicks

Eastern euro here. Everyone liked it including girls. Used to talk about it with my classmates because everyone grew up watching jetix (previously was fox kids) and cartoon network.

Girl here, I liked the show. At the time there was a TON of merch for it aimed at girls. I had PPG clothing, bedding, school supplies, hair ties, pretty much every part of my life had some PPG merch. If you were a girl at that time, odds are you ended up with something from the show, even if you didn't watch it your grandma got you pajamas with cute big eyed cartoon girls on them.

Girls loved it, you clueless ninny.

I was fond of its violence.

It was a good mix of action and comedy with a fun roster of characters.

I watched it a lot and enjoyed it as a kid, buttercup was my favorite. I actually made friends with two other girls at a waterpark once because they were going around trying to find someone to be buttercup so they could play powerpuff girls and I was the only one they found who liked buttercup over blossom and bubbles.