I want Heather Chandler to start a musical thread!

I want Heather Chandler to start a musical thread!

youtube.com/watch?v=GVyq2v8EV5A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KZdN8nBeF-g
youtube.com/watch?v=9g1AMgLO7bQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VDowtcyVHCI
youtube.com/watch?v=uiehpblOTh0
youtube.com/watch?v=P4dtAhnH9WE
youtube.com/watch?v=j7sgB7d9LyY
youtube.com/watch?v=HIadFGBaH0I
youtube.com/watch?v=oECK1dNbuho
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8gGQ_hnx3Cc
youtube.com/watch?v=In1LKczEbBk
youtube.com/watch?v=_ogANg4UeUA
youtube.com/watch?v=wEYao6-OcjU
youtube.com/watch?v=epFrO55qc1A
youtu.be/7uGG7Sgwz4Q
youtu.be/WUW0ZaJ3N6Q
youtu.be/byAfC5yW_hw
youtube.com/watch?v=F6zrdJPhbZw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Theory_of_Justice:_The_Musical!
youtube.com/watch?v=mJiC9TxhLlU
youtube.com/watch?v=D_L29rH6LDM&t=23s
youtube.com/watch?v=FGfSYEVKyx4
youtube.com/watch?v=kNnWv0lnmaY
youtube.com/watch?v=TTA5yGxIumg
youtube.com/watch?v=zQOV3JEQ1vE
youtube.com/watch?v=pds7OvyshoY
youtube.com/watch?v=a3GTl9Lrgd8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WT-8SDOwRh4
youtube.com/watch?v=EN_wnHYOxkE
youtube.com/watch?v=IeEZ0PvNbEg
youtube.com/watch?v=B21OnbiynQw
youtube.com/watch?v=m7GN70wn9GM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtu.be/KZdN8nBeF-g
This came up last thread. Very expressive although there are some issues with the actual character designs. I encourage whoever made this to keep at it.

Anyone going to catch the Aladdin tour?

Anyone seen the Death Note musical?

youtube.com/watch?v=9g1AMgLO7bQ

This song is pretty great.

Hey, that's my video!

>there are some issues with the actual character designs
Could you be more specific? I welcome any constructive criticism.

bless you user, these threads are the best

wow, another one of these shitty threads. can't wait to see it zombie bumped from the bottom over and over.

I think I used the wrong wording. What I really meant is that the characters look a bit off when action is going on like when Galinda swings the golf club. Occasionally, there will be some shots of Galinda just standing there with one hand outstretched which sticks out when compared to the other expressive faces and poses on display. You could definitely do this again and even better next time if you find another number you'd want to use.

I caught it in Chicago a few months ago, it was ok. I had never seen a Disney stage musical that wasn't a jr. show so needless to say the budget leap was substantial. The new elements like Aladdins friends were appreciated and even overshadowed some of the movie's biggest moments. Really all it made me want to do is watch the movie again.

Yeah, I can see where I need to improve in that respect. Thanks!

Why does this artstyle make me so rock fucking hard

No problem lad, keep it up. Someone's got to give these threads content.

The Death Note musical's english demos deserve recognition among anyone all people who like even a couple of musical songs:

youtube.com/watch?v=VDowtcyVHCI

youtube.com/watch?v=uiehpblOTh0

Thanks for introducing me to Heathers, Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=P4dtAhnH9WE
youtube.com/watch?v=j7sgB7d9LyY

That musical blew my socks off.

>we'll never have a professionally filmed video of the Korean production

Fuck.

What is this?

That perfect blend of sexy and cute?

>Movie in the 80s
>Dark comedy about a girl that recently joined to popular girls and a cute psycho boy
>off broadway musical in the last few years
>same idea, but more singing
>some people started making Animatics
>basically roughly animated storyboards
Though I think Hamilton got the treatment first.

Also it's getting a Cinemax series soon.
It's every bit of horrible and point missing as you can imagine.

>tfw Disney will never make Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
youtube.com/watch?v=HIadFGBaH0I

Ugh. Not even the Warlow of Confrontation.

youtube.com/watch?v=oECK1dNbuho

Not an animatic, but still.

Warlow VERSION. Fuck I need sleep.

Since the last thread barely mentioned the classics of musicals, I'd like to rectify that by telling you to listen to The Wall right now followed by Tommy, then Quadrophenia. Please do yourselves a favor and stop being a pleb, it could save your life

Not Sup Forums, but who wants a musical version of Spirited Away, directed by Julie Taymor?

Musicals getting animatics isn't as new as you think, it has been happening for quite a while
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8gGQ_hnx3Cc
but yes, OP's videos did popularize it

I never see anyone post this animatic, even though it's pretty much one of the best I've seen so far

youtube.com/watch?v=In1LKczEbBk

In the meantime, for any user who's obsess over Great Comet...
youtube.com/watch?v=_ogANg4UeUA

I was talking to some friends about this last night and I need some more opinions on it. Do you think thar the uncanny number of LGBT people in the theatre industry has caused the whole thing to stagnate as far as thematic content goes?

youtube.com/watch?v=wEYao6-OcjU
This one that needs an animatic the most.

>Listening to shit songs over Shit tumblr animations

>posting frogs

Dunno man, lots of the animatics posted here have been quite varied in content, themes and execution. Sure it isn't perfect, but I wouldn't call it stagnant. Not yet at least

Dumb frog poster
Frog dumb poster
Poster dumb frog
Frog poster dumb
Dumb poster frog
Poster frog dumb

Is this a thread for those little cartoons make for plays and shit? There are a lot of cool hamilton ones

Where would musicals fit on the grander scheme of Sup Forums? For that matter, where would stageplays go?

Also, does anybody here collect bootleg versions of Broadway shows?

Yeah, we're posting animatics. Not true animations, just ideas tumblerites had for animations and put on the internet.

I dunno, I found the designs to be extremely appealing/adorable and was one of the reasons I liked it so much.

IKR, I have a really annoying friend who was into it for a while, then my little sister got into it & it seemed decent, but I never gave it a fair shot until the last musical thread which completely drew me in.

youtube.com/watch?v=epFrO55qc1A

Hell yeah, the hamilton ones are fun to watch because I havent been able to see it yet. Will be in December hopefully.

youtu.be/7uGG7Sgwz4Q

If mean girls ended with Columbine

I can't be the only one who wants to see this animated (and not in the South Park cutout style)

The prom queen really got an appealing design.

>Not yet at least
Though considering that the theatre industry is almost exclusively liberal, and the current zeitgiest of the left, I'm afraid it will sour quickly if it hasn't already.

My nigga. I came here to post this

It really is better than I initially gave it credit for. And this animator has been steadily improving, too. I'm really enjoying their stuff.

>forgot the link
That would probably help, wouldn't it?
youtu.be/WUW0ZaJ3N6Q

I want to punch McNamara

I want McNamara to use me as a chair.

youtu.be/byAfC5yW_hw
A step up from animatics. And it's CUTE!

Isn't it the audience that mostly "decide" what get's made?

I forgot about this and how much I like this.

posting this because its cute

youtube.com/watch?v=F6zrdJPhbZw

thanks guy who posted it before

Looking at wikipedia lists of musicals from the past couple of years it seems audiences are overwhelmingly deciding that what gets made are adaptations of other things, so aside from an excess of adaptations of popular movies I'm not really seeing any lack of thematic variety.

Also political philosophy themed animatics when?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Theory_of_Justice:_The_Musical!

I'd like to to kidnap a Heather and photograph her naked in an abandoned warehouse and leave her tied up for the rats!

>only 2 Groundhog Day animatics and none are particularly good

I need one of Hope

youtube.com/watch?v=mJiC9TxhLlU

Shame that this show closed while certain others... which won't be named... will be kept open because of rabid fanbases. Also shame that at the final show's curtain call, Tim Minchin game out and said that after this he is done with Broadway. Guess we'll have to hop over to West End to see any of his shows.

Eyup, Heather C here is extremely fucking hot.

That one's great too, same artist as OP, love their work.

That would be beautiful~

I feel like if I wasn't familiar with the musical I would assume the characters were around 13 years old, they don't quite look like high schoolers

>Every day I wait for the Stephen Sondheim animatics.
>Every day they never come
youtube.com/watch?v=D_L29rH6LDM&t=23s
youtube.com/watch?v=FGfSYEVKyx4
youtube.com/watch?v=kNnWv0lnmaY

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if there were quite a few gays in the industry but I don't think in this instance that means stagnation, Musicals seem to be quite varied in setting, theme, and tone.

youtube.com/watch?v=TTA5yGxIumg

this fucked me up. I saw a bootleg of a real one, and it kinda disappointed me that the music and singing were off, which was apparently a common occurrence in live performances

youtube.com/watch?v=zQOV3JEQ1vE
youtube.com/watch?v=pds7OvyshoY (this one is rly good)

I knocked them at first for their art style, but God do they have incredible ideas and imagery.

>ctrl+f "war of the worlds"
>no results

It's almost like you don't even UUUUUH-LAAAA in here, bitches.

youtube.com/watch?v=a3GTl9Lrgd8

>tfw we'll never get a trippy 70s style animated full length movie of the album with character scenes in between songs

Fuck me running, I just want painted cells and some weird visuals, is that so much to ask?

>Kept seeing people link to War of the Worlds in previous threads
>Never listened to it because it was so long
>Listening to it now
>It's the fucking bomb

Hamilton is my favorite minstrel show.

Pastel Horse show fans really changed just how much sheer content fans produce. I feel like that's often forgotten when people look back. Nobody made songs and animatics like they do now before it

>tfw you liked this album so much you bought a physical copy the moment you heard it
>tfw it's legitimately the only physical album you actually own
It's so fucking good

Dude last thread had pacific overture, war of the worlds, and man of la mancha. Half the thread was classics.

Holy shit, that song is great. It's a great morbid rock ballad thing, I love it. I need an animatic of this, too, what the fuck.

Is the rest of the musical any good? I've listened to the songs leading up to Hope and nothing particularly stands out to me.

I feel like most people now who get into musicals (and in turn make these animatics) only pay attention to what's on Broadway or trending on social media, and a lot of them barely know Sondheim. If they do, it's because of the shitty Into the Woods movie.

Hey, if you're taking requests, could you make a video of "Hard knock life" from Annie?

I'll consider it. I want the next song to be one that hasn't already been done to death. I didn't realize how many animatics of 'Popular' there were until too late.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WT-8SDOwRh4

do this instead
youtube.com/watch?v=EN_wnHYOxkE

It'd be perfect for an animatic, since in the show it culminates in an expressive, ongoing suicide montage.

To be honest, only 3 of the songs in the show stand out to me: Hope, The Night Will Come and Seeing You. The second two aren't at all similar to Hope though. The Night Will Come is a somber metaphor for the inevitability of death (it plays during the montage when Phil is trying to save that homeless man from dying in 87930 ways) and Seeing You is the finale. But I saw the show live and as a whole it's a fantastic musical. There's a bootleg on stagedork if you want to check it out.

I am. I saw it when it was in Toronto previews and I want to see what they did with the show, since even from the cast album I can tell they altered it quite a bit. I've read that they axed all of the Arabian Nights Reprises and Call Me a Princess though which makes me sad. In Toronto they had a decent chunk of music from Howard Ashman that was cut from the film and earlier concepts back in the show.

Oh oh oh oh much better

youtube.com/watch?v=IeEZ0PvNbEg

WHAT'S THE STORY, MORNING GLORY?

youtube.com/watch?v=B21OnbiynQw

>The Telephone Hour (Bye Bye Birdie)

There's no English version of it, so anyone who has seen it will have either seen the Japanese or Korean productions. Or the proshots of the Japanese productions, they did one for each of the initial Lights.

Hurricane is better.

>Mel Brooks will die before making another musical

>no How I Saved Roosevelt animation down in bouncy Clampett fluidity smear frames

I want Pixar-level CG for this.

>Slips into a southern accent
Muh

Why do I feel like these are the most gynocentric threads on Sup Forums save for the gay superhero threads?

They changed Aladdin's backstory, and for the worse. In the preview I saw, his buddies formed a traveling band, and he chose to stay behind in Agrabah. When they come back and see he's still a thief, they're shocked and embarrassed. In the final version, they're all still thieves, as well as musicians, and Aladdin's the only one who wants to better himself. I liked the version where he had serious growing up to do.

Wait, are there Annie animatics?

Because all sexes want to be dominated by a high school turbo-slut.

>Annie animatics

youtube.com/watch?v=m7GN70wn9GM

was making Harvey a rabbit supposed to be reference to the movie "Harvey"?

I want McNamara in a small box with some air holes.

Some became really massive too, I always look at TheLivingTombstone as an example of this.

I've never watched Hamilton, but this (and watching the previous video 'Blow us all Away') really make me want to. Heck, this is how I got into Heathers, so I'm not surprised. How does the rest of the musical compare to this?

My favorite part is at 3:15 when it switches focus from Kevin to Arnold when he says that lyng is worse, it's a nice way of referencing Arnold's habit of making shit up

the whole show is damn good. never gotten to watch it myself but I've listened to the soundtrack countless times

>the whole show is damn good.
Hamilton is hot ugly garbage.

no user, what I say must be true, I got double dubs
now don't you feel foolish?

Memes can't save your shit production.