Jerry Alpha

Does Jerry have the potential to be alpha af?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/17866373/Rick_and_Morty_Comic_1-26__amp__Lil_Poopy_Superstar___HQ_Pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you literally posted the answer to your question. The requirement is a world without Beth, but yes. yes he does.

He does become an alpha in the original post-apocalyptic timeline Rick and Morty abandoned so yes.

Rickest Rick's universe Jerry was alpha as fuck and he doesn't seem much different from current universe Jerry.

Jerry is an average joe living among space lords, he is not super intelligent or special so Rick easily talks circles around him and makes him look like the bad guy.
Then when the same thing happens to Rick during therapy he just ignores their proposed deconstruction of him character.

Basically Jerry isn't smart enough to argue back to Rick even when he's in the right, the fact people took Rick's spiel as gospel when he very obviously still resents Jerry for getting his daughter pregnant is disappointing.

Anyway they're obviously positioning him for a comeback, he's being portrayed as too sympathetic and Beth as too apathetic.

Yes but it requires a breaking point or confidence boosting moment immense enough to turn his life around. I doubt they'll do that outside of ending the story arc or an alternate dimension.

As much as Morty does, but his sense of morality is slightly stronger so that would likely impede him.

>Rickest Rick's universe Jerry was alpha as fuck and he doesn't seem much different from current universe Jerry.

That's not even the same Jerry that fought off those giant worm clones. So I'd say the ability to step up is a fairly consistent trait of his.

Jerry is still the same, it's just as shown in multiple episodes his default response is to back down and cower like in the B-story with the Jerry Daycare, but like in episodes such as the couples counseling he's shown that he can step up, but it requires confidence in himself he's not used to exhibiting

I'd love to see a flashback ep to what Jerry was like as a child or teenager, see what made him prone to his more cowardly behavior in the first place

1. Infinite reality's
2. The comics are canon, so of course he does. You even posted a photo
3. fuck you

it took doofus jerry for a jerry to solo a rick, and to add on, every rick on the citadel

i wanna worship summer's feet

I think Rick hates him not because he can't, but whenever he is in safe zone he chooses not to step up.

So, he can safe Beth from psychological representation of herself as fastest, smartest predator in the galaxy, but he can't get a job?

That's exactly his problem, he needs to be whipped into working.

No, he is just like you OP

>beating up old men
>alpha

No, even when he was a famous celebrity he hated himself and went crying to some chick who gave him a little attention back in high school. Jerry's problem is that he's Jerry.

>> looooser...

With literal infinite universes out there, and theoretically, an infinite amount of Jerries.

I'm sure there's one or two that are Alpha. Just the same as we have a Rick who chose to be a good father. A Rick who chooses to be moral, and a Doofus Rick who all the other Ricks make fun of.

What if Jerry is the one who saves Rick and Morty from evil morty?

Maybe Evil Morty underestimates him

This Jerry was president of his universe, was kicking Rick's ass who kept jumping him, and raping summer wouldn't even be some of the worst shit he did.

This Jerry couldn't be stopped by shit.

>Anyway they're obviously positioning him for a comeback, he's being portrayed as too sympathetic and Beth as too apathetic
I dunno, seems like the opposite to me. They seem to be driving home his betaness this season, along with making Beth more sympathetic.

Wait, this was an episode?

comics, user

>raping summer
What

god...DAMN

>Jerry was like as a child or teenager, see what made him prone to his more cowardly behavior in the first place
Not with these fucking writers you don't. Dan 'backhand the idea man' Harmon won't allow another Morel Orel. It's lazy deconstruction from a person of power then status quo from here on out. Fuck development buddy.

Just imagine it, the episode would probably be Jerry standing up to some football jock who's harassing Beth, but then the Jock just explains to Jerry why he's such a loser and how he and that loser Beth are perfect for each other because they're both such losers, something along those lines, and it's followed by a one-liner, like, 'bro you're a total psychotic,' and the jock is like, 'yeah I've been hitting up those books, really shovin' them in my locker.' That's how the flashback would work with flandered R&M.

Everyone has the potential to do everything, in a world in which infinite possibilities manifest infinite universes.

of course

>bethless universe
>rick shows up to get a morty
>gets beaten to a pulp by bethless jerry

>I'd love to see a flashback ep to what Jerry was like as a child or teenager, see what made him prone to his more cowardly behavior in the first place
Rick. The answer is always Rick.

In a universe without Beth, Jerry wouldn't know Beth and therefore wouldn't know her father so why would he beat up Rick?

Rick wasn't the Slav that molested him. Typical Jerryfag defending all of Jerrys faults

Each Beth is more than a cameo episode shows her as more catty, bitch-like, unable to parent, and easily able to sacrifice one child for another.

>Sympathetic

Hey, it's not fair to blame her for the sacrifice thing. No one can resist the urge to cause Morty suffering.

Better than Jerry who offers up both children

sorry, i meant a universe where beth died and jerry had to raise summer and baby morthy by himself

Ricks always try to mess with Jerrys, they can't help themselves.

nice

In Pickle Rick most of her personal defects are laid on her attachment to Rick, shifting the blame from her to her father. In that giant summer episode she was depicted as caring for Summer, if actually incompetent at it. She's given praise for having family dinners, even if it was by robot dopplegangers.

Jerry conversely has been described as a predator for being so overwhelmingly pathetic, he's depicted as too spineless (or proud?) to admit he didn't actually want a divorce, he's shown to be barely capable of supporting himself, he gives up his check to a fucking coyote, and the universe itself whispers "loser" in his ear.

If anything this is a reversal from previous seasons, where Jerry is the caring if incompetent parent while Beth is the apathetic and selfish one.

The thing that kills Rick's and Risotto's arguments that Jerry is secretly a self-serving monster is that Jerry is genuinely shallow and stupid. He's a creature of impulse, a reactionary being who's incapable of something as complex as a pity scheme. Him manning up and him cowering in the corner are both in-character because he's a very momentary guy. At his core, he's a benign wimp so while he would resent Rick, he wouldn't want to outright murder him unless his ex-father-in-law really pushed his buttons. It's also why Ricks hate Jerries as they can't conceive that their bright and beautiful daughters would ever fuck dudes as blasé and passive as the Jerries.

A person can learn to rely on certain social behaviors subconsciously. He may not purposefully try to manipulate people through pity, but it is nevertheless what he relies on to get by in life. Many instances of him begging for his life can be seen as him defaulting to this behavior on reflex. He doesn't need to understand the complexity of his behavior to do it, he only needs to know on some level that looking small and sad makes people treat him differently. Though predator may be too aggressive of a descriptor; Jerry is way too passive in many things for that word to fit him.

He never rapes summer it's just implied that he wasn't above fucking her. They hide her before he can do anything.

When Jerry has actual focus, he has an insane amount of potential.
>Cronenburg World Jerry
>Doofus Jerry
>Jerry manning up to an entire planet
>Jerry saving the day at least once

Can you blame the guy for defaulting to it though? It's been shown to work literally every time, and the few times it doesn't Jerry either nuts up and solves the problem or someone else will swoop in and save the day.

I need more of this

he looked pretty amazing when we last saw kronenberg world Jerry

The show clearly does blame him, and does little to suggest we should be sympathetic towards him for it, especially when even Morty finds himself in similar situations and doesn't make it out through cowering.

Doofus Jerry vs Evil Morty, who would win?

Post more

Probably the whole thing is that Jerry and Beth were a little happy to be together and Beth confronted Rick about being pregnant, which "chased" him off, and Beth resents Jerry for it.

Later we'd find out that Rick actually didn't leave but was killed by the current Rick we know (our Rickiest Rick). C-137 Rick is not the correct Rick from the pilot

It was me, jerry!

They have shown a few instances where Jerry's "Unpredictability" almost resulted in some 27D chess maneuver shit(Ultimately always failing because of Jerry's own ineptitude or morals intervening). He almost killed rick in that one recent episode because Rick never once thought Jerry would get the stones to plot to find a way yo kill him in that scenario.
If this shit even gets a next season, I wouldn't be surprised if a Citadel of Jerry were to spring up and be some crazy true final boss of the universe shit following whatever Evil Morty has going on in this season.

>I'd love to see a flashback ep to what Jerry was like as a child or teenager, see what made him prone to his more cowardly behavior in the first place
Maybe he was handsome bully in young age, but someone he pranked or fought with died afterwards and he thinks this was his aggressiveness that killed them. Or his dad was very aggressive, and his mother died, so he said i will never be aggressive like my father. And that he was oppressed by his father.

>Later we'd find out that Rick actually didn't leave but was killed by the current Rick we know (our Rickiest Rick). C-137 Rick is not the correct Rick from the pilot
You mean might be revealed in later episodes?

Indeed, Jerry always rethink things, are they correct or not, what would he gain and would it hurt him. After this he gambles his upperhand or play it safe because he thinks the worst outcome is possible and doesnt like to gamble.

OWO

>In Pickle Rick most of her personal defects are laid on her attachment to Rick

That isnt really shifting the blame. If I got a stalker crush on a chick, it isn't her fault that I route through her garbage and sniff her used pink carrot panties.

This season has been extra hard on Jerry but Beth is definitely being shown to be just as bad, if not worst than Jerry when it comes to the family.

same

>Jerry pines for his family after the divorce and when he learns that Morty supposedly sponsored a pity adventure for him, he'd rather fake one to assure his son that he won't commit suicide instead of snapping at him for such a patronizing gesture
>Beth just wants everyone who isn't Rick to FUCK OFF

True.

Didn't his parents appear in one episode?

Assuming this is our Rick, can I have the link to the full comic? I get off on people getting their just desserts.

Doofus Jerry seemed to be infallible, they only beat him through dumb luck. I'd put my money on him.

>along with making Beth more sympathetic

Which is weird considering Season 3 Beth has basically acted like Season 1 Jerry so far, with the exception of Beth taking Rick's shit a lot more

Next episode seems like it's going to be completely Beth centric, so I guess we'll see what the fuck they actually have in mind this season.

Suffering childhood abandonment from an important family member is a reasonable and relatable reason for being obsessed to the point of neglecting other relationships.

Jerry however is given no explanation for his cowardice and even told he's at fault for other people, Beth specifically, ruining their lives out of pity for him, which I personally find to be absurd. It's a question how much of that little rant is purely Rick's perspective and how much is the writers' opinions, but the lack of a counter argument suggests it might be both, if not even favoring the latter.

Ah but that's the trick; season one Jerry was sympathetic. Either they've reversed roles just to diminish Beth's flaws and amplify Jerry's, or it's part of a greater plan to highlight that they're both essentially equally good/terrible people.

This may sound weird ,but i belive jerry is rick. Rick hates himself for being a 'jerry' so does everything possible yo be opposite ,but things don't always go Rick's way because ,life, and then he is reminded to go hate on Jerry the more always afraid of who he really is trying to drink away that fear.

rry however is given no explanation for his cowardice and even told he's at fault for other people
>He was definetly raped once, and implied another. That AND going from the Christmas episode, his parents probably neglected him.

STOP

Anyone?

Doofus Jerry was beaten by regular Jerry, and Evil Morty's scheme was thwarted by our Morty. We could be following a pattern here.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/17866373/Rick_and_Morty_Comic_1-26__amp__Lil_Poopy_Superstar___HQ_Pdf

Rick beat his toxic self like 2 episodes ago.

Well, we're on the right way then.

First thing I thought of.
>episode of Rick traveling through time and fucking with Jerry but no matter what he tried he'd still end up with Beth

>The comics are canon

are they?

Yes, but they take place in a different dimension.

S1 ep2

He did, but flanderization is a bitch.

>Suffering childhood abandonment from an important family member is a reasonable and relatable reason for being obsessed to the point of neglecting other relationships.

Contributing factor? Definitely. An excuse, no. Beth is a grown woman able to recognize she has problems and needs to fix her shit. She is still responsible for her actions just like a child molester is responsible for theirs even if said person was abused by their parent.

We get told bad things about Jerry, but guess what, Jerry is a fucked up person. Beth isn't going to say good shit. Rick is biased like any parent and is of course going to run to Beth's defense no matter what. Summer runs along the lines of indifferent to dumping on both parents. Morty calls out everyone's shit.

Overall user I agree we're missing the why, I just disagree that Rick's observations should be taken with anything more than a grain a salt or that a backstory will vindicate either parent's actions.

>reddit and memey
die

k

Yes, they follow a few diffrent ricks but the main one they follow is rick C-132

when you make fun of simpsons but turn into simpsons

They follow C-137 too though. It's been mentioned a few times in more recent comics.

I haven't noticed the change, which issues follow C-137?

Moar - they've both shown gay tendencies.

This Jerry was alpha as fuck, he made the entire council of Ricks his bitches and got beat by pure luck. And not by Rick...by Jerry.

>>beating up old men
This old man is full of cybernetic augmentation and he literally kill a Worldender in a drunken state.

No Doofus Jerry beat the shit out of Jerry, he got killed out of pure fucking luck

Might as well start the story you know? For the record I am pretty sure this is C-132 rick not the shows C-137

And in the bottom left you can see that young handsome fellow working on Hellbenders