Why does DC hate him?

>Shows up to job.
>Only remembered by getting punched by Batman,
>Is characterized as a spoiled brat

Is DC just that keen to shit on Kirby's stuff still?

If Orion's around then Superman and Batman can't be the guys who beat Darkseid.

This, or writers don't know shit about DC and go by Cosmic Odyssey bullshit.

Orion needs someone that likes his character to write him.

How does Batman knock out the guy who murdered Thanagarians until there was nothing left to kill?

because he's batman, duh. also they wanted to make orion racist towards forager, despite him not being that way in kirby's run.

I always thought that if things were as dire in the DC universe as they are in Marvel Orion would be the strongest hero available and Bizarro would be constantly active on earth.

>Cosmic Odyssey bullshit.
I hate anyone who liked this shit. There is only two good things about Cosmic Odyssey, and that's Mike Mignolia's art and Jon Stewart's story.

I was surprised that this was the same guy who wrote Infinity Gauntlet.

I'm sure based King will do him justice.

He didn't knock him out you idiots. He didn't even hurt him.

Uh about that...

Orion is back to being an entitled prick in King's Mr Miracle.

>Jon Stewart's story.
You mean the story that ruined John Stewart?
>Infinity Gauntlet
is a piece of shit

are there any good fourth world stories besides kirby and simonson

Seven Soldiers and Final Crisis.

Rather than shafting him for Superman and Batman, he's shafting him for Mister Miracle.

Every story focused on someone else needs to get Orion out of the way since he's the one set up to beat Darkseid.

I don't have any qualms about how King is writing him in Mister Miracle. A lot of stuff is weird and off, getting autisticly mad about how Orion specifically is portrayed is silly.

Yeah, the real problems with Mister Miracle is how simplistic its written while also stretching out an incredibly obvious mystery.

MISTER MIRACLE #5
Written by TOM KING
Art and variant cover by MITCH GERADS
Cover by NICK DERINGTON

How do you spend your last night on Earth? Why, with the one you love, of course! Having been condemned to death by the new Highmaster, Mister Miracle is going to have to return to New Genesis for his execution. Before he does, he and Big Barda go on one last date. But if Scott Free truly is infected by Darkseid, as Orion says, you can bet some dark force will intervene—only to what end?
On sale DECEMBER 13 • 32 pg, FC, 5 of 12, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

>5 issues of "obviously fake" bullshit

What a fantastic series

I rolled my eyes when Granny implied Scott was a son of Darkseid.
Except King talked about how he viewed Orion in an interview and he said he was pampered and a spoiled brat which is a shitty way to view the character.

>I rolled my eyes when Granny implied Scott was a son of Darkseid.

She clearly meant that as him being, in spirit, the son of Darkseid. Which somehow makes him viable to fulfill the prophecy.

He really didnt get him going by the interveiws.

Though granted it seems a big part of the run is the fact that something is influencing the characters to be different, like Granny Goodness being kind and motherly, so perhaps its one big fakeout and Darkseid is fucking with his personality. Perhaps to try and get Scott to kill him so he wont be around to kill Darkseid.

That's true, but the fact of the matter is that, knowing King's views, the fake out is meant to be subtler than it actually is.

>You mean the story that ruined John Stewart
He didn't say DCAU

I think DC likes him but nobody knows how to write him and your average DC fan doesn't care about the Fourth World in general.

the one-shot last month was good

Well he's just knocking off Morrison's Seven Soldiers story

>he was pampered and a spoiled brat
He is though.

The fact that people like King and Starlin believe this makes this post amazing bait

No, not at all really.

He's knocking off a few things, there's some Cosmic Odyssey, some Seven Soldiers, a smattering of the final arc of the Orion ongoing, and even some Death of the New Gods.

No, not at all really.

He cannot be knocking off all of these stories so rethink on what you're trying to say.

He's clearly trapped in the Omega Sanction

clear enough that it'll take 5-6 issues to figure out

Which is dumb, what makes Orion Highfather's son is that Highfather raised him.

Darkseid left Scott to Granny's mercy, if anything he is more Granny's son and the way King played with their relationship making it twisted, with Scott caring about her despitr her being his tormentor just because she was nice to him, was actually good.

But him being a son of Darkseid doesn't make sense, it's King trying to make Scott more special and taking on a prophecy that is suppose to be Orion's.

>>Only remembered by getting punched by Batman,
But that's not Guy Gardner

>I never read Kirby or Simonson Orion

But Scott Free was molded by the pits of Apokolips. Orion is just a spoiled brat.

>1500 pages

Anyone else looking forward to the Fourth World omnibus in December?

Eh once you realize Starlin's New Gods stuff is garbage it isn't THAT big of a bait.

Darkseid raised Scott proxy by Granny. The idea is that Darkseid does hold special interest in Scott and his upper echelon echo that sentiment.

Orion was on Apokolips until he was 8.

There are people who love Cosmic Odyssey out there.

What? That doesn't make sense. He's a pampered asshole.

Why because he grew up in New Genesis? You know Orion was constantly reminded he was Darkseid's son and Highfather was strict and occasionally a jerk to him.

Also nothing in Kirby's run indicated that he was spoiled, just angry and frustrated.

Also he is the one who jumps in first when they go to battle against the forces of Apokolips while Scott and Barda mostly just stay back in Earth and play house.

Now I have read some Kirby's fourth world but nah I never read Simonson.
Kitty's Orion was a poetic warrior whose poetry did kinda get on the angry teen side every now and then.
Other people's Orion seem to be a gritty soldier whose clenched teeth and the fact that he grew up in basically hippies heaven made that kinda portrayal bullshit.

Scott was there since he was toddler.

Nope. That's literally impossible since Scott had to have been born BEFORE the start of the Great Clash when Highfather's wife was killed.

His only interest in Scott was to break him badly and then let him escape so the Apokolips and New Genesis pact would be broken. Which is why he threw him at Granny and told her to do her thing, he wasn't that interested in Scott other than have him as a pawn.

Darkseid only held a special interest for Orion because Orion was a great warrior and that got him Darkseid's respect and made Darkseid see him as a threat. Darkseid saw potential in him and if you subscribe to Simonson's Orion then Orion is the closest he comes to caring about someone other than Suli.

He also cares about Kalibak a bit, not as a person, but as a vestige of Suli.

He was already 8 when he went to live in New Genesis it's not like he was completely raised there (it's also why Darkseid counted on Scott to try to break out, he knew what it was like outside of Apokolips).

Both him and Scott were pretty old but writers and artosts tend to depict them as babies because they were both sedated and wrapped in a blanket when the exchange happened.

Seeing how Orion is also from New Genesis him being poetic makes sense. He's a poetic angry warrior, and the fact that he's ugly and Darkseid's son fuels his rage and self-hate. The former because New Genesis New Gods tend to look down on anyone that's not as beautiful as them.

>because they were both sedated and wrapped in a blanket when the exchange happened.

Orion actually went full on awake. He was told he was going to meet his unknown father, and was prepared to kill Highfather when he first went through.

You're right, it's been years since I read Kirby's New Gods.

But when will Orion meet Baby Darkseid?

Not going to lie, Orion trying to raise Babyseid by the ideals of Highfather would have been a great mini.

Because Orion is a shit character

>t. Tom Kangz

Better than Grail running around naked with Babyseid.

Seriously give that baby to Orion.