Spin-off series? Maybe?

If they made a spin-off series, would you watch it?

I like Lars, but no. I don't care for any of the other Off Colors. If they were to do a spin-off I'd rather it be with Greg in the past.

>Magic shenanigans
>Vidalia and Greg teaching Amethyst stuff
>GregPearl hate lust
>GregRose romance

Yeah, I'd watch No Need For Greg

So more of a romcom then.

For the Lars spin-off l was envisioning some pretty dumb shit, like...

>SPACEBATTLES
>LAZORGUNS
>STRANGE ALIEN WORLDS
>LAZORGUNS
>MORE ALIEN RACES
>LAZORGUNS
>SWASHBUCKLING SWORDFIGHTS
>LAZORGUNS
>A SOUNDTRACK COMPRISED OF QUEEN SONGS (or at least rip-offs of Queen songs)
>DID I MENTION LAZORGUNS?

Every instance of someone mentioning Gregs dick gets canned-laughter and canned-screams playing at the same time

I don't think it could stand a series. The SU producers can barely make SU. That's why it's in 11 minute episodes. But I think there's enough there to make a 2-hour Lars movie. Though I might be mentally filling in the blanks with a combination of Harry-Harrison-books level theft, shenanigans that retail workers do, and comedy.
Rutile- What's your plan?
Lars-RUN!
Gem Interrogator- Tell me your plan!
Lars-Do you have the 100 meter dash on this planet?

They woudn't know how to do it without blatantly copy and pasting stories from the anime they based it off.

Maybe instead of ripping off anime, they could go with the sci-fi pulp adventure angle, however that would force the writers to read something out of their comfort-zone.

No, the SU stuff put out episodes slow enough as it is.

Maybe someone outside of the team could try their hand at it

I'd like it better than SU. Space pirates fighting galactic villains are a hard thing to mess up.

Too bad Lars will soon die for good.

At least let him die in glorious battle user

So this show is never coming back and The Crystal Gems are townie levels of importance now

Relived CN did something right for a change. I fucking hate the endless spam of reruns of TTG, and even then if they didnt have that steven universe has gone to shit. Maybe if they start over with a new series theyll learn some things they fucked up on SU and do better.

>Maybe instead of ripping off anime, they could go with the sci-fi pulp adventure angle,
A shit load of anime falls under 'sci-fi pulp adventure'.

Well, shit that should make things easier

I want to make love to Lars.

I like the concept of Space Captain Lars, but I don't like any of the Off-color gems other than Padparadscha, so not really.

It has that problem that most of SU has where the style is too simplistic and everything is too offputting. Nothing flows together visually. It's a very sophmoric style.

I can only imagine that as some bizzare mix of anime Morning After tropes, Captain Zap from Futurama, and the "you have to eat all the eggs" meme.
>Emerald pulls the green silk sheets closer to herself. She reaches for the bowl of eggs, and carefully picks one up. She takes a tentative bite of the smooth eggs. She looks surprized. Her mouth not quite empty, but she talks around the food in her mouth. "These are delicious!" She takes another bite of the icing-sugar covered egg-shaped doughnuts. Lars just watches coyly, satisfied that through experience and skill he's managed to defeat, bed, and amaze one of Homeworld's best fleet captains. And best she was. He knows she'll be coming back for more.

Is this the most rushed and poorly executed character development of all time?