If Venom were to eat something, wouldn't it go right in the host's face?

If Venom were to eat something, wouldn't it go right in the host's face?

Probably.

Also, I've noticed in a lot of things, they tend to forget there's an actual guy in there and make his mouth go deep within

Must've been awkward when Venom wanted to eat brains at one point

Yeah, he probably would have caught kuru.

Venom isn't just a costume, though.

Yeah, but there's gotta be room for the guy in there, he doesn't just disappear

Perhaps it somehow just breaks it down and injects thge protein etc. into the host while absorbing the waste products into itself.

If the symbiote dissolved or chewed the victim into small enough pieces, I'd imagine they'd get absorbed into the 'goo', adding to its mass, and effectively going 'around' Brock/Flash/Whoeveritisthisweek.

Seeing as the mouth is formed by the symbiote, it would be going right into the symbiote

I mean, it makes sense, right? If the 'goo' can form teeth and other sharp protrusions, there's no reason it can't form smaller ones to begin grinding up meat on contact.

The symbiote changes the shape of their body when the bond gets too strong. Peter never got to that level, and the symbiote was drugged while Flash was wearing it, but i'm pretty sure Eddie's face turned into Venom's while he was in that form, and that's why Carnage looks the way he does.

It all depends on the artist and how they feel like portraying it, however as touched on in other posts it can only be assumed that the symbiote bond completely alters the hosts physiology

My headcanon for this: Although we almost never see him do it anymore, Venom can canonically go invisible (or very close to it). When he opens his mouth and there's a big gaping empty maw where the host's head should be, I imagine that the symbiote is doing that invisibility trick to mask the host's jaw and mouth within.

Only if the person he eats has kuru first. It's like mad cow disease; in theory, the cannibalism isn't necessarily the problem so much as the specific members of the species being eaten. Kuru was sort of a horrifying perfect storm of stupidity which wouldn't have even been a serious problem in 99% of the world's population, but happened to crop up in one of the few population groups in the world who actually eat each other, thus guaranteeing its spread.

>make microbarbs so that every contact with ththe opponent is like tiny pieces of broken glass shredding them

Why haven't any hosts done this before?

This. Carnage was bonded so deep with Cletus he could grow his head back.

It really varies from writer to writer, but I think that's an exaggeration; if so, why was he hobbling around on cyborg legs for all those years after he was reuinited with his symbiote? Surely he could have regrown his organic lower half if that were the case.

>why was he hobbling around on cyborg legs for all those years after he was reuinited with his symbiote?
Maybe he's a manlet without them? He can use them as bottle cap openers?

Probably because most of the people the hosts tend to encounter are supers, who tend towards durability. Though you never know with Carnage...

I always thought the symbiote disassembled/fused with the guy underneath so there wasn't actually a host face underneath there, just the symbiote mouth which is re-assembled host flesh. I figured that's what the whole "full bonding" process lets it do to you.

I always liked the body-horror version best

Pic related

Things that I learned from hentai living suits is....when the suit is sealed, the suit pushes a tube like appendage down the host's throat.

So there is no way food can go other than directly to your tummy.